• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

^

Mother of god.

I really need to get back into this game with my pathetic Hawkeye. Seems there's some decent pickups on offer for low level characters now.

Vecks

Decided to use grapple hook artifact for the first time. The stats suck and the cool down is long, but it's kind of hilarious to yank bosses and giant sentinels around with a tiny rope.

Wallach

^

Mother of god.

I really need to get back into this game with my pathetic Hawkeye. Seems there's some decent pickups on offer for low level characters now.

Hawkeye's still kind of a bum until level 60 - he does manage to be one of the very best single-target DPS in the game but only once you pile on a lot of gear, including his uniques. His personal uniques are amazing and two of them I'd consider top 10 in the game (one of which is probably #1). He's also nearly guaranteed to be in the next 4 or so hero reviews (which are going to start happening much faster than they have been).

KePoW

Banned
Getting Hawkeye to level 30 was one of the most mind-numbing things in the entire game. By far the most boring hero in those levels, I hated every second of it.

....superior spider-man is twenty fucking dollars. for a skin with voice acting. I don't even.

Do the points ever go on sale?

There's a bundle right now you can grab for $29 that comes with Spider-Man, the Superior costume, a stash tab for Spidey, and six fortune cards (which give you random goodies). That bundle price is already $6 cheaper than buying the hero and costume together, and you get like $10 of other stuff for free basically on top of that. You'll also find that character stash tab pretty useful if you plan on playing for a while. Something to consider.

inky

Another couple of items I got:

yuTNehM.png

UguXpto.png

The squirrel is a just pet that drops acorns randomly, which you can pick up and sell for money =D

Hawkeye's still kind of a bum until level 60 - he does manage to be one of the very best single-target DPS in the game but only once you pile on a lot of gear, including his uniques. His personal uniques are amazing and two of them I'd consider top 10 in the game (one of which is probably #1). He's also nearly guaranteed to be in the next 4 or so hero reviews (which are going to start happening much faster than they have been).

Yeesh.
I've also unlocked Thing, so I'm thinking I might start another playthrough anyway while I'm waiting for the Hawkeye review.

KePoW

Banned
You might not have to wait long, as word is he and Colossus will be the ones getting the next simultaneous reviews.

I actually don't think Colossus is as bad as others say. A Demo Stomp build works perfectly fine for him, the AoE is pretty good.

inky

Went back to my Iron Man and leveld him to 30. He feels really good right now, like he might have 2 or 3 solid builds.

I love using Micro Missiles, Unibeam and Pulse Bolt in a quick combo. Usually takes everything out in a straight line. The One Off is just redonkolous as well.

I also just had to buy the Mk III costume. It is still my favorite because the other ones use a brighter shade of red that looks off. I was really excited for the Shotgun Armor, but I don't think it came out great. It looks really bland. I might get Starboost or Mk II if there is a sale in the future.

Foofaraw

I finally got enough splinters to roll my first random hero. Got Black Panther. Not too bad, but I have no idea how to build him. My other heroes are Storm and Hawkguy, so it is nice to have a melee dps character to play with.

Are there any good guides, or is it too difficult to stay current?

Also, what characters have had reviews so far? I am heavily considering just buying a few things.

KePoW

Banned
I finally got enough splinters to roll my first random hero. Got Black Panther. Not too bad, but I have no idea how to build him. My other heroes are Storm and Hawkguy, so it is nice to have a melee dps character to play with.

Are there any good guides, or is it too difficult to stay current?

Also, what characters have had reviews so far? I am heavily considering just buying a few things.

For Black Panther, I would just encourage experimenting yourself for a while. You can always respec later. You get three free story respecs for every Hero, and the developer resets talent trees pretty often too.

As for which characters have been reviewed... if you mean which ones are really overpowered now, I would say:

Thor
Hulk
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Cable
Deadpool
Jean Grey Phoenix tree

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

So do items like this with 15-17% attack speed(only in one talent tree) drop anymore? I've got about 5 or 6 saved in my bank but I've never seen anymore drop since the hero drops got removed.

So do items like this with 15-17% attack speed(only in one talent tree) drop anymore? I've got about 5 or 6 saved in my bank but I've never seen anymore drop since the hero drops got removed.

I think it depends on the character. I have never seen attack speed increases that high on any of my characters that I can remember. +15 attack speed on optics would be sweet.

Nope, they changed it to only universal attack speed I think back with the Human Torch patch.

And oh man Frankencastle looks good. Shame he will have his normal voice and no unique animations though. They must've started on it not too long ago and just rushed him out in time for Halloween.

Just a heads up for anyone interested, on the Test Center all accounts have been given 15,000Gs ($150 worth). Without a doubt the best time to try out any heroes/costumes/etc. you want before buying on live.

Just a heads up for anyone interested, on the Test Center all accounts have been given 15,000Gs ($150 worth). Without a doubt the best time to try out any heroes/costumes/etc. you want before buying on live.

Fantastic idea. I might have to jump in and give Deadpool a try.

Not sure why they don't do this in the Live Server though, just make it so you can play a character for 30 minutes or an hour or whatever as a "trial" then they're locked down again.

inky

With Path of Exile releasing and getting a Hearthstone key I don't know how I can split my time evenly (never mind all other non-online games sitting in my backlog) =S

Day needs more hours for sure.

Wallach

What the heck kind of costume is that?? That's Thor?

No, that's Beta Ray Bill. It's a character that was introduced during Simonson's run of Thor (aka the only run of Thor that matters). He's an alien that was the first being after Thor who was ever worthy of wielding Mjolnir.

KePoW

Banned
No, that's Beta Ray Bill. It's a character that was introduced during Simonson's run of Thor (aka the only run of Thor that matters). He's an alien that was the first being after Thor who was ever worthy of wielding Mjolnir.

Oh wow hahah. I don't know any of this without reading the comics.

Scirrocco

Fantastic idea. I might have to jump in and give Deadpool a try.

Not sure why they don't do this in the Live Server though, just make it so you can play a character for 30 minutes or an hour or whatever as a "trial" then they're locked down again.

They might be afraid. They don't have a great record for this sort of thing. See the double hero token roll back for example. Best to leave it on the test server where it can't screw up live i guess.

I've always been partial to jergens run. Its not as good as simonsons, i'll agree, but It was certainly an interesting idea examining Thor as a ruler and a god as well as super hero.

Vecks

Gaz being Gaz. New patch, new bug, new hotfix. It boggles my mind how they end up with new (different) bugs every patch.

Gaz being Gaz. New patch, new bug, new hotfix. It boggles my mind how they end up with new (different) bugs every patch.

This one was fairly obvious too. Complete a Legendary quest, get 2 million credits. There's just no excuse for that. I wonder if they're gonna roll back.

inky

Isn't the credits ceiling 2 million anyway? Nice for them I guess, now they can roll useless grade 4 costume affixes forever :p

Ailike

For an economy to be destroyed, there would have to be an actual economy. As it was pointed out, credits have limited purpose, and no purpose between individual players.

Seems like the end game is pretty much broken. Can't get into 60 X-Def and Midtown has immortal super villains... See you guys in a week.

Carcetti

I can finally play this game as some patch seems to have stopped the crashing. Now I'm wondering about the costume customization. Where can you get the item that makes your character look larger?

KePoW

Banned
I can finally play this game as some patch seems to have stopped the crashing. Now I'm wondering about the costume customization. Where can you get the item that makes your character look larger?

It's from an Artifact, random drop or you can trade with other players for it.

Top Bottom