• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
So here's some hero news from the weekend. Source

Rogue & Magik have been confirmed.

Next 5 heroes in the game will be: Gambit, Nightcrawler, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight & Doctor Strange. Gambit is coming sooner than expected and will cost 600 splinters.

X-23 will make her entrance in the second half of 2014. Her animation & modeling is done, but she doesn't have a design pass or VFX yet. <--- this makes me sad.

Among the reformed villains joining in as playable heroes- Venom is confirmed, Elektra is being considered but not yet confirmed. <--- this makes me happy again.

Silver Surfer may appear in the game by May or June 2014. He will be on his board for most moves.

When War Machine gets added in the game, he won't be an enhanced costume for Iron Man but a separate hero.

I want to play again, really bad...But Midtown was sort of boring and crazy repetitive. Is end game any better?

Well you have X-Defense now, which has you and a group taking on increasingly more powerful waves of enemies while giving you an increasing amount of item rarity boost/experience. It's an endless mode that goes till you lose or give up.

Legendary quests have you going around to various zones completing random tasks which get you Odin Marks (and a lot of experience) that let you to bless your artifacts with bonus stats/procs. In the big Asgard patch next month you can buy Legendary items with these marks, which you can level up for insane benefits.

Also with the Asgard patch next month they're adding in PvP finally and the first Raid.

The recipes for upgrading rares to epics no longer require unstable molecules, if that's what you're referring to. The recipes that deal with cosmics and uniques have pretty hefty credit costs though.

The recipes for upgrading rares to epics no longer require unstable molecules, if that's what you're referring to. The recipes that deal with cosmics and uniques have pretty hefty credit costs though.

No the reroll cosmic recipe that you buy from the card vendor had the credits increased by 50 or 100%. It resets the stats on any cosmic equipment you have so you basically need to find one cosmic for each slot and then reroll them to eventually get perfect gear.

The recipe nerfs are especially worse since half the Odin's quests are bugged or take way too long to complete since they involve quests/destructable items in common areas in addition to Odin quests still not giving out credit rewards since they were bugged. Last night, for example, I spent 1 hour looking for food carts in chapter 2 before giving up. The cost to reroll quests adds up fast.

No the reroll cosmic recipe that you buy from the card vendor had the credits increased by 50 or 100%. It resets the stats on any cosmic equipment you have so you basically need to find one cosmic for each slot and then reroll them to eventually get perfect gear.

The recipe nerfs are especially worse since half the Odin's quests are bugged or take way too long to complete since they involve quests/destructable items in common areas in addition to Odin quests still not giving out credit rewards since they were bugged. Last night, for example, I spent 1 hour looking for food carts in chapter 2 before giving up. The cost to reroll quests adds up fast.

My post was directed toward nicoga, sorry.

inky

I'm excited for Magik and Strange, but especially Magik. Gambit for 600 is expected, but I'll still SMH. Bought Squirrel Girl because that aviator costume is just too fucking adorable. Nova will probably be the last hero before the game shuts down :p

They still haven't fixed the Maggia spawn in MM. Fuck this legendary quest. Also, fuck the one where you need to destroy food carts in the docks. Those never spawn either.

Fuck fuck fuck.

KePoW

Banned
It resets the stats on any cosmic equipment you have so you basically need to find one cosmic for each slot and then reroll them to eventually get perfect gear.

This is completely unnecessary for everyone except the most hardcore OCD of people out there.

I wouldn't even think about making myself do this, and I'm pretty hardcore. Around 500 hours played now. I don't worry about gear or levels, I just play all the different heroes for fun.

Ghost Rider, fuck yea. Moon Knight, Doctor Strange, also looking forward to those.

Magik is an odd choice but I guess they got to put in some obscure characters in to increase the longevity of their releases to have some more popular stuff for later down the line.

Never really felt need to grind credits, none of the stuff you use it for your going to want all the time either way. More of a splinter grind right now >:)

Crafting and upgrading though...Or is that not as important?

Crafting and upgrades via credits are not really worth the cost, you get enough upgrades just by playing the game and all the loots. They keep adding in stronger loots, uniques, the relics, hero synergies, etc now that you get so many ups from other sources. You pay a ton of credits to upgrade via crafting for a little buff.

There is no reason to actively be worrying about grinding credits.

Carcetti

Ghost Rider, fuck yea. Moon Knight, Doctor Strange, also looking forward to those.

Magik is an odd choice but I guess they got to put in some obscure characters in to increase the longevity of their releases to have some more popular stuff for later down the line.

I personally love Magik a lot but then I wish more games would have good old x-men characters. I'm a bit spoiled after playing a lot of the Avengers facebook game (which is genuinely awesome) since it has a crazy playable roster including people like Magik, Fantomex, Spiral, Bishop, 2 versions of Angel, Havok and Phoenix 5 versios of the whole 5. Moon Knight was the latest addition so I'm wondering if the studios have any sort of co-opping going on.

I beat the game, and used my splinters to random roll rocket raccoon! Awesome. So now I have daredevil and rocket raccoon. Time to save up for spidey!

1. So I've just been giving my crafter a lot of my loot to upgrade him, and kinda been ignoring leveling the vendor. Is that what I should be doing? Should I be selling my loot for money instead?

2. Is normal a slog for 90% of it to anyone else? I wish the game started off on heroic, because on normal it's so braindead easy that it sometimes gets boring. Any tips on plowing through normal as fast as possible? I want to get to heroic as fast as I can on rocket :(

Other than that the game seems really cool. Can't wait to summon Groot!

inky

I beat the game, and used my splinters to random roll rocket raccoon! Awesome. So now I have daredevil and rocket raccoon. Time to save up for spidey!

Unless you really need the credits, just use every item to level your crafter first. Leveling the vendor is more of a thing when you have a lot of alts, and even then I don't think it's worth it. Credits are useful for improvements, but you should be getting enough as drops.

Rushing through the game is not hard. Just know the quests, where is everything in each area you need to progress, and rush them killing a few things in the way. Just be sure to get the important rewards and that's it (there's a link in the op to a google doc that details these rewards, called leveling guide). The game doesn't care if you skip a few waypoints or side missions.

KePoW

Banned
Crafting and upgrades via credits are not really worth the cost, you get enough upgrades just by playing the game and all the loots. They keep adding in stronger loots, uniques, the relics, hero synergies, etc now that you get so many ups from other sources. You pay a ton of credits to upgrade via crafting for a little buff.

There is no reason to actively be worrying about grinding credits.

I agree 100% with Battlemonkey. There is no need to grind credits, I've certainly never felt like I had to do so.

KePoW

Banned

1. So I've just been giving my crafter a lot of my loot to upgrade him, and kinda been ignoring leveling the vendor. Is that what I should be doing? Should I be selling my loot for money instead?

2. Is normal a slog for 90% of it to anyone else? I wish the game started off on heroic, because on normal it's so braindead easy that it sometimes gets boring. Any tips on plowing through normal as fast as possible? I want to get to heroic as fast as I can on rocket :(

Other than that the game seems really cool. Can't wait to summon Groot!

1.) You should donate everything you have to the Crafter until you max him out. After that you can do whatever. You may want to donate to Weapon NPC at that point because occasionally they roll Artifacts.

2.) The game in general is way too easy, like you suspect. That's my only fault with the game, but unfortunately I kept getting shouted down on the forums about that.

I think games should be challenging, *especially* since there's not even any death penalty in this game. But I guess a lot of the casual players on the forums just want to feel like godmode all the time...

Crownjo

So far here is a list of confirmed heroes. Your welcome.

Agent Venom
Beast
Cloak
Dagger
Doctor Doom
Doctor Strange
Domino
Elektra
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Gambit
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Hank Pym (Ant-Man/Giant Man/Goliath/Yellowjacket)
Iceman
Iron Fist
Invisible Woman
Juggernaut
Magik
Magneto
Moon Knight
Mr. Fantastic
Nick Fury
Psylocke
Rogue
Silver Surfer
Venom
War Machine
X-23

KePoW

Banned
I was about to throw a fit when I didn't see Psylocke in the list, but then I noticed you didn't do alphabetical order.

Phew!

Loki confirmed next playable hero.

VMTBE8e.jpg

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/39136/announcing-a-new-playable-hero-loki-god-of-mischief

Was heavily rumored but good to see it's true.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So they added difficulties? That's cool...How do they work?

Also, does Rocket Raccoon still suck? I really want to level mine to 60, but he was rough mid 40s...

KePoW

Banned

Also, does Rocket Raccoon still suck? I really want to level mine to 60, but he was rough mid 40s...

The 3 difficulty settings work pretty much exactly like Diablo.

RR -- I'd say he's okay, I have fun enough with mine in the 30s. He's not one of the powerhouse heroes at the moment though.

Vecks

Difficulties are only for story mode (and for Legendary quests to count). You have to beat the game on the current difficulty to unlock the next harder one. I don't know if there are any enemy placement/amount/type changes, but I don't think so. The enemies are higher level (so you can get higher level loot and exp), and they are much more dangerous. Heroic isn't that tough (meant for level 25ish-40's), but the enemies in Super Heroic hit pretty hard. I haven't used a tanky character in Super Heroic, but my level 50 Storm can die almost instantly if I'm not careful.

Im suprized Gambit is so expensive at 600 Splinters.
I didnt think he was on the same level of popularity as Spiderman, Deadpool and Ironman.

I honestly think he's still more popular than Deadpool amongst most fans and especially the mainstream audience. The 90s cartoon really put him on the map big time. And I'm sure Gaz is just putting him at 600 because he's the most popular hero not yet in the game, so it's easy to get away with.

inky

Agent Venom
Beast
Cloak
Dagger
Doctor Doom
Doctor Strange
Domino
Elektra
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Gambit
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Iceman
Iron Fist
Invisible Woman
Juggernaut
Magik
Magneto
Moon Knight
Mr. Fantastic
Nick Fury
Psylocke
Rogue
Silver Surfer
Venom
War Machine
X-23

Iceman is way overdue. Venom is going to be awesome.

vazel

Banned

Agent Venom
Beast
Cloak
Dagger
Doctor Doom
Doctor Strange
Domino
Elektra
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Gambit
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Iceman
Iron Fist
Invisible Woman
Juggernaut
Magik
Magneto
Moon Knight
Mr. Fantastic
Nick Fury
Psylocke
Rogue
Silver Surfer
Venom
War Machine
X-23
Too bad everything in this game is overpriced otherwise I'd probably get half those characters. As it is I'll only get Mr. Fantastic, Silver Surfer, and Dr. Strange.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The 3 difficulty settings work pretty much exactly like Diablo.

RR -- I'd say he's okay, I have fun enough with mine in the 30s. He's not one of the powerhouse heroes at the moment though.

Difficulties are only for story mode (and for Legendary quests to count). You have to beat the game on the current difficulty to unlock the next harder one. I don't know if there are any enemy placement/amount/type changes, but I don't think so. The enemies are higher level (so you can get higher level loot and exp), and they are much more dangerous. Heroic isn't that tough (meant for level 25ish-40's), but the enemies in Super Heroic hit pretty hard. I haven't used a tanky character in Super Heroic, but my level 50 Storm can die almost instantly if I'm not careful.

Cool, thanks. I sort of figured they'd be like your standard Diablo style ARPG, but I wasn't entirely sure. I only logged in to get everything updated and check things out a little bit again.

I probably won't touch RR anymore for a while. I'm sad to say that since I've been playing him since Beta, but it is what it is. He is too weak to really be viable for relaxed solo farming. I may just buy Squirrel Girl and start from square one again.

Unrelated to that, is the gear grind just running MM, or is there a better way to do that?

Unrelated to that, is the gear grind just running MM, or is there a better way to do that?

I'd recommend prioritizing grinding Legendary missions over anything else endgame. Those Legendary items will be game changers but at 500 it's going to take commitment to get even one. Uniques just happen. I have had my fair share of unique drop and have seen no rhyme or reason to it. To start just buy cosmics with shards.

LuuKyK

Agent Venom
Beast
Cloak
Dagger
Doctor Doom
Doctor Strange
Domino
Elektra
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Gambit
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Iceman
Iron Fist
Invisible Woman
Juggernaut
Magik
Magneto
Moon Knight
Mr. Fantastic
Nick Fury
Psylocke
Rogue
Silver Surfer
Venom
War Machine
X-23

Wait.

Elektra, Psylocke, Dagger, Rogue, Gambit, Silver Surfer...

I might actually redownload this just to play with these characters. Interest
re-
piqued.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wait.

Elektra, Psylocke, Dagger, Rogue, Gambit, Silver Surfer...

I might actually redownload this just to play with these characters. Interest
re-
picked.

Piqued, not picked.
I'm being an ass, haha.

How hard is it to get that damn bovine recipe? Is it worth buying Fortune Card 1 in order to get it, or should I buy the other Fortune Card packs for goodies?

inky

I'll probably make a thread when the new area comes out to see if we can get more people in. I'll put together a list of improvements since launch as well, so those who bailed out can get an idea of how the game has grown since then.

It won't be a big or flashy thread, don't worry, but if there's something specific you guys think I should include let me know :)

Piqued, not picked.
I'm being an ass, haha.

How hard is it to get that damn bovine recipe? Is it worth buying Fortune Card 1 in order to get it, or should I buy the other Fortune Card packs for goodies?

Getting the Bovine Recipe is random luck. If you grind terminals for shards every day and trade them for mk1 cards you will eventually get it. It probably took 150 or so cards until I got mine. In terms of odds, there's a 1/10 chance of getting an epic reward from a fortune card and mk1 cards have 9 epics. You can also buy one portal for 500000 credits. There are enough people in the LFG chat asking for people to join their bovine groups that you don't really need to craft portals to play the level.

The biggest draw of fortune cards is exclusive costumes so buy the cards that have costume you want to get.

I'll probably make a thread when the new area comes out to see if we can get more people in. I'll put together a list of improvements since launch as well, so those who bailed out can get an idea of how the game has grown since then.

It won't be a big or flashy thread, don't worry, but if there's something specific you guys think I should include let me know :)

I didn't bail, I've just been waiting for Beast ;)

I've been lurking here and there again and the game definitely seems improved. The only thing that concerns me is the constant reworking of characters and re-learning all the new stuff since launch, but it's nothing too big and I'm looking forward to hopping back on once Hank is released (seems like him and X-23 are being added to the Starter Hero pool from what I've read).

As someone who hasn't really played since launch, the new thread having a concise summary of the new features would be fantastic.

KePoW

Banned

I would *not* spend real money on Fortune Cards just to get the cow level recipe. Not worth it.

Like inanutshell said, it's not really important to have.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Aye, I'll hold off on farming for the recipe then. I just thought it may be fun to give the place a try!

I spec'd RR back again and ran around trying to get my feet wet again. It feels like they buffed him since I last played (I stopped about a week or two after MM came out), so that's good.

Vecks

Piqued, not picked.
I'm being an ass, haha.

It all just comes down to luck. I wasn't even looking for one and I found a recipe just a few days ago from a fortune card drop.

Top Bottom