• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Gothos

First random hero box ever.

Hawkeye dupe.

Isn't that retarded? Random box shouldn't contain free heroes. If that would happen to me after farming spliners for days I would uninstall the game right there. Seriosuly, things like that give them so shitty PR...

inky

My first random box was Iron Man... which I already owned and was playing at the time. Second was Ms Marvel, which I owned as well but haven't yet started to level. I guess that's enough random boxes for me.

sleepykyo

Random boxes: Colussus (which I got the day before hero drops were phased out), Black Panther, Hawkeye, Hawkeye, and Luke Cage (figured I might as well take advantage of the random being set usually high for LC). So yeah, I won't be doing randoms unless it is a Luke Cage scenario where the random is highly likely to be the newly released character.

Starter: Scarlet Witch

Free with defeats: Thing, Storm

Hero Drops pre-splinters: Daredevil, Storm

Splinter Random boxes: Black Widow, Cable, Cap, Hulk, Jean Grey, Thing

Bought: Deadpool (Presale in beta $5 different between money paid and G given to me), Cap ($6), Human Torch ($9), Iron Man ($20 w/ costumes), Miss Marvel ($9), Rocket Raccoon ($9), Squirrel Girl ($15 w/ costume), Wolverine ($6)

I've been satisfied with what I've gotten so far and I think the splinter system is fantastic. I just don't have the self control to skip a random box THREE TIMES to get to Spiderman, though. : /

Xevren

Starter: Scarlet

Free via story: Storm, Thing

Drops pre splinters: Rocket Raccoon, Hawkeye, Cable

Random boxes: Storm, Storm, Jean Grey, Storm, Storm, Daredevil

Vecks

I started with Storm. Got Scarlet Witch and Thing from story quests (pre-splinter patch).
Then I randomed 4 times and got: Colossus, Hawkeye, Daredevil, Black Panther.

I consider myself lucky to not get any dupes, but as luck would have it, I ended up collecting all the starters. I probably scrounge up enough splinters for a hero I like, then keep randoming until I get 10 heroes for the synergies.

So what's this big patch up coming next Sunday? Any info about it? Some early patch notes maybe?

The changes so far.

New UI

KAlJ2Li.jpg

New Relics

inky

Ugh, we are at the point in which I need to leave most relics on the floor it seems.

Good things coming this patch tho.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I didn't realize you could get Cosmic versions of medals. I was doing the prologue on Heroic to get the rewards and Living Laser dropped a Cosmic version of his medal. Stats aren't great because it's sort of low, but it DOES have +2 to all powers, so that's neat.

E: I just read the patch notes. 20% of RR shield gets used now instead of 20 points? Ugh...That sucks.

Would someone on the test severs please post images of the Legendary items? I have yet to see any of them besides the Excalibur one that was leaked earlier this week. I wanna know if how desperately I'm going to grind Odin marks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone have suggestions for leveling alts quickly?

Also, can someone explain X-Defense to me? I want to go give it a shot, but I don't want to be that guy who makes my group fail, ha.

KePoW

Banned
Anyone have suggestions for leveling alts quickly?

Also, can someone explain X-Defense to me? I want to go give it a shot, but I don't want to be that guy who makes my group fail, ha.

X-Defense requires 5 players, it's not meant for solo. It's basically just like Horde mode from FPSes. Fight waves of enemies that get progressively harder.

Personally I just do the story until level 5 or 10 (to unlock some Powers). Then I do MM with XP buff items until 30. That's the most fun way to me because I like MM a lot more than X-Def. I can do MM for a few hours without getting bored.

At 30 I mix in Legendary quests with MM.

inky

Fortune Card unique costumes make me sad. Especially when the chance to get them is so fucking low. Is there any other way to get those?

inky

Meh, that sucks. I can take costumes as rare drops, but sinking $100 into the game with the probability of not getting it is just stupid and the worst kind of money grab. I thought we were past that with these guys. I guess not.

In other news. The only thing I don't like about Iron Man is that he's almost too good /1updude.jpg
But seriously, I know people bitch about God Blast and Thor (who is my main), but Iron Man melts shit just the same. I'm having fun at least.

My favorite experience in game so far has been playing squirrel girl in her first week and her squirrel pets not properly despawning. It was simultaneously augmenting my play experience by being a walking swarm of death and trolling other players by grinding their systems to and halt.

It was kinda glorious.

I've only ever gotten 3 costume drops in the hundreds of hours of playing this game. And 2 of them blow. Does the drop rate for costumes magically go up at 60 or something?

inky

I have got 0 costumes in almost 400 hours. 400+ if you include beta. I hear the drop rate in red terminals is a bit higher, but I haven't had any luck with that.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So when they added the Prologue 100 Splinter reward, did they grant that to those of us who played prior to that? It's been a while, so I don't remember if I ever got a reward outside of my dupe hero or not.

Vecks

So when they added the Prologue 100 Splinter reward, did they grant that to those of us who played prior to that? It's been a while, so I don't remember if I ever got a reward outside of my dupe hero or not.

I don't think you can get the splinters if you already got your "reward" before the patch. I'm assuming it's essentially the same quest as before, just the quest reward is different.

Wallach

Loki's "Mischief" tree (illusions) scales something wicked. Just turns into an absolute monster with levels and gear. One of the most fun minion style builds I've played with how you feel like you can control your little horde of illusions.

Loki's "Mischief" tree (illusions) scales something wicked. Just turns into an absolute monster with levels and gear. One of the most fun minion style builds I've played with how you feel like you can control your little horde of illusions.

Have you tried his frost tree with his late game skills (particularly Cold Snap)? They seem like they would make the tree more viable, but I'm curious if they're enough.

Wallach

Have you tried his frost tree with his late game skills (particularly Cold Snap)? They seem like they would make the tree more viable, but I'm curious if they're enough.

I haven't yet. They are doing a pretty large round of changes on Loki tomorrow so I might stream some testing of various builds after those changes are in to see how everything is shaking out.

Just have a hard time imagining his Sorcery or Giant's Blood trees keeping up with Mischief due to the Mischief being able to further scale off pet damage modifiers. It's a pretty big advantage.

Uthred

Saw it mentioned in another thread that the starter heroes are changing? Played it back at launch but might just create a new account if the new starters are good

@Doomsaw said: Item and Crafting Changes

Hello all,

A few changes to items and crafting recipes that the Items team wanted me to pass along:

• Blessings will now all provide a specific bonus and not a roll. Blessings are intended to be end-game recipes, but the randomized experience wasn't the best for items that are tough to come by.
  • Blessings will also have their exact bonuses listed on the recipe tooltips so players can make informed decisions about which recipe(s) are appropriate for their builds.
  • All crafting timers will be removed. Nice idea, but they don't add a lot to the game.
  • Legendary Items will be reduced to 300 Odin Marks to make them more accessible.
  • Legendary Items will have a minimum level required of 1. (It will take many levels to unlock anyway, so there is no downside to this).
  • Legendary Items will not be randomized, they will have specific bonuses.
  • A recipe will be added to Unbind Relic, Level Up Unique, Unbind and Reset Legendary Item and Transfer Blessing (most of those this month and some this week).
Checked on some of the questions:

• There are no plans for a recipe to "grind up uniques". Never say never, but it's not on the current "to do" list.
  • The only reason to reset a unique currently is to allow other heroes to use it.
  • Current artifacts will get updated to the "no roll" versions.
  • Legendaries are bound when equipped. So you can purchase them on any hero and equip them to whoever you want when you feel ready to use them.

Thanks!

From the official forums, more information. A lot of positive things. 300 is still a lot but the decrease is much appreciated.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm leveling Thor...He's now 15, right? I managed to craft some armor that had God Blast level 3 on it at level 6 or 7. As of now, I've decided Thor is OP. At full Odin Force, I'm critting for 45k at level 15. That's stupid amounts of damage at low levels.

It makes it SUPER hard to go back and play my not-OP heroes.

KePoW

Banned
So I'm leveling Thor...He's now 15, right? I managed to craft some armor that had God Blast level 3 on it at level 6 or 7. As of now, I've decided Thor is OP. At full Odin Force, I'm critting for 45k at level 15. That's stupid amounts of damage at low levels.

It makes it SUPER hard to go back and play my not-OP heroes.

Thor is definitely broken OP

inky

I got this Iron Man unique:

vhZ6nNr.png

It is great for my energy beam powers, but half of it is wasted because I am not leveling the crit passive in the tech tree.

Wallach

Made a quick T4 red Taskmaster run on my 60 Loki on TC, if anyone's curious as to how his Mischief build (illusions) plays at high level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bv5y9_MXHc

Moused over gear at the end so you can get an idea of how sloppily geared I am on TC; so much room there to make him even better. Also show a few of his uniques that I've picked up (not including a level 60 version of that helm that is outright worse in every category except defense somehow).

Xevren

Made a quick T4 red Taskmaster run on my 60 Loki on TC, if anyone's curious as to how his Mischief build (illusions) plays at high level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bv5y9_MXHc

Moused over gear at the end so you can get an idea of how sloppily geared I am on TC; so much room there to make him even better. Also show a few of his uniques that I've picked up (not including a level 60 version of that helm that is outright worse in every category except defense somehow).

Yeah been watching you stream and Loki does look pretty cool. Any idea on how a frost tree spec would do? I've always loved ice effects, may try to run that on him for fun.

Wallach

Yeah been watching you stream and Loki does look pretty cool. Any idea on how a frost tree spec would do? I've always loved ice effects, may try to run that on him for fun.

I think Giant's Blood is struggling a bit right now, especially compared to Mischief. We'll see what they do in tomorrow's build as a lot of the changes in today's didn't account for a fair amount of feedback on that stuff. That said, I think Mischief may wind up coming down a bit too. It's a pretty cool spec idea that's meant to play at mid/close range, but I think it needs both more damage and mitigation at the moment. It'll probably get the most buffs between now and when the patch goes live (supposedly Friday or possibly Saturday).

inky

MH 2.0 Patch Notes (abridged):

New Playable Hero: Loki

New Chapter 9 Content: Norway (leads to Asgard)

Over the next 4 months, new areas of Asgard will become available, including a raid zone, PVP zone and Siege challenge.

Design Review: Colossus

Hero changes and buffs to:

• Black Panther (damage increased)
  • Black Widow (damage increased)
  • Captain America (damage increased)
  • Colossus (complete revamp)
  • Hawkeye (damage increased)
  • Human Torch (damage increased)
  • Jean Grey (bug fixes)
  • Luke Cage (cooldown reductions)
  • Punisher (damage increased)
  • Rocket Raccoon (added voice samples to Groot!) (damage increased)
  • Squirrel Girl (damage increased)
  • Storm (damage increased)
  • Spiderman (bug fixes)
Enemy Changes

Many new enemy types have been added such as Frost Giant Ice Shaper, Shamans, Dark Elf Assassins, Fae Callers, and more!

Doop has been changed so that he will only flee once attacked or approached (preventing him from disappearing before you saw him.) Attack him quickly, he’s quite slippery! Maggia in Midtown Manhattan discoveries can no longer be mind controlled by Emma Frost. This prevents Emma players from interrupting other players’ Legendary Quests.

Item Changes

There are several new item types (and inventory slots!) for players to utilize! Players can now equip up to four artifacts on their character sheet (with more slots becoming unlocked as reach high levels), a Ring, and a Legendary item.

Legendary Items

Legendary Items are items of power from Marvel Lore that heroes can obtain by trading in 300 Odin Marks to the Legendary Items vendor (located beyond the Reed Richards event). Legendary items have five ranks which can be obtained by gaining experience, each of which unlocks a new rank. Each rank grants a predetermined (non-random) new affix. Legendary Items should take approximately 3-4 weeks to rank up all of the abilities.

Rings

Rings are a new type of item in Marvel Heroes that appear in various rarities and give the player additional affixes to choose from. For PvP’s release, players will be able to purchase special PvP-focused rings.

Other Item Changes

• Various new unique have been added including Dragonfang, a community-created Unique!
  • There are six new relics to be found.
  • Medkits now stack to 50.
UI Changes

Waypoints now feature a brand new, all-inclusive UI that allows players to visit any story waypoint, terminal, or challenge mode and features a fully featured map of the Marvel Universe (with each location marked clearly).

Marvel Heroes has a new login screen showing a beautiful vista of the city of Asgard.

Sound Changes

Edit: Made the 2.0 info thread over at the gaming side: LINK

Top Bottom