• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Xevren

I definitely agree with Cap being boring, which sucks since I like the dude. Though I'm having a blast with Rocket Raccoon now and a lot of people find him boring too so eh.

Ive only just started playing again in the last few days.
I got bored playing Emma (I used her too much) and Jean (non-Phoenix build) is even more boring, so I went back to Punisher and he is really fun.
I love his new, high powered pistol shot. The animation is sweet.
Also, lining up oblivious enemies on the edge of the screen, with the sniper rifle (and one-shotting them) is alot of fun. I have seen a few Punishers running around with his flame thrower, but I have run out of slot to allocate that to, as Im using alot of guns and explosives.
The fact that Frank can now roll forward (as opposed to exclusively back), makes him alot easier to quickly move around.
Deadpool is as fun as ever and I really like his new sword attack animations.
His "Stop right there, criminal scum" and "I played you in Marvel vs Capcom... you sucked" lines made me laugh. I think he said the later to Cable?

inky

Got a couple of Iron Man uniques:

LJll4SI.png

I get more uniques than cosmic items.

The One-Off damage is pretty redonkulous too:

zpDNpfD.png

KePoW

Banned
Ive only just started playing again in the last few days.
I got bored playing Emma (I used her too much) and Jean (non-Phoenix build) is even more boring, so I went back to Punisher and he is really fun.
I love his new, high powered pistol shot. The animation is sweet.
Also, lining up oblivious enemies on the edge of the screen, with the sniper rifle (and one-shotting them) is alot of fun. I have seen a few Punishers running around with his flame thrower, but I have run out of slot to allocate that to, as Im using alot of guns and explosives.
The fact that Frank can now roll forward (as opposed to exclusively back), makes him alot easier to quickly move around.
Deadpool is as fun as ever and I really like his new sword attack animations.
His "Stop right there, criminal scum" and "I played you in Marvel vs Capcom... you sucked" lines made me laugh. I think he said the later to Cable?

Try Jean's Phoenix build, it's awesome and the very opposite of boring.

Deadpool is really great all-around in the game.

Vecks

Well, now I feel kind of stupid. I learned something new today that I never even considered before. If you open up your inventory and roster at the same time, you can manage equipped gear of individual characters without completely switching to them. I can't believe I never realized this all this time. Now I can just equip the appropriate relic to other characters on-the-go without saving it in my inventory for when I get back to hub.

KePoW

Banned
Well, now I feel kind of stupid. I learned something new today that I never even considered before. If you open up your inventory and roster at the same time, you can manage equipped gear of individual characters without completely switching to them. I can't believe I never realized this all this time. Now I can just equip the appropriate relic to other characters on-the-go without saving it in my inventory for when I get back to hub.

That's been in the game since launch, lol

Finished my Loki compendium for the official forums; basically an expanded on set of information I had been tracking for myself. You can find it here:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/43101/lokipedia-asgardia-a-loki-compendium

If there's anything you think I could do to improve it, let me know.

Awesome stuff. Any reason in particular you won't include a section for advanced builds though?

Also what's your name in-game so I can add you as friend?

He posted that topic using his in-game name :p

Wallach

Awesome stuff. Any reason in particular you won't include a section for advanced builds though?

I've got a section near the end for links to threads discussing advanced builds, but I don't really want to make it a core part of the compendium. That way discussion about any given build can happen in the appropriate place, and information/discussion about Loki's core mechanics stays the focus in the compendium.

LuuKyK

I'm on chapter 6 and I feel like these maps are getting bigger, more confusing, and even more filled with enemies. And no, that's not a good thing.

I've got a section near the end for links to threads discussing advanced builds, but I don't really want to make it a core part of the compendium. That way discussion about any given build can happen in the appropriate place, and information/discussion about Loki's core mechanics stays the focus in the compendium.

Also the endgame build is in flux. Every 60 Loki build I've seen exploits the extra illusions which Doomsaw has posted is a bug. This is the main reason I put off getting him because I want to see how much the fix will effect endgame.

Wallach

Also the endgame build is in flux. Every 60 Loki build I've seen exploits the extra illusions which Doomsaw has posted is a bug. This is the main reason I put off getting him because I want to see how much the fix will effect endgame.

To be honest, I don't think I've seen any builds on the Loki forum posted leveraging Arcane Illusion, which is the only illusion that has the broken illusion cap. I've certainly run across players doing it though, at least in Midtown.

It's not as much of a concern as you'd think. Arcane Illusion actually has pretty crap DPS and is the only illusion that isn't very useful to a full Mischief build. The biggest thing you could exploit is blowing up a ton of them at once with Arcane Ruin, which for whatever reason most people spamming the things aren't doing (mostly they're just leaving tons of illusions sitting around clogging up Midtown).

What's more of an issue is the broken damage bonus interactions with illusions, and the damage of Meteoric Illusion (whether the tooltip is wrong or the base damage is wrong). Those will make a much bigger endgame impact on Mischief, depending on how they get fixed.

Xevren

I'm proud that I resisted the urge of the random box and got to 600 splinters. Plus I got my first 10 splinter cluster right when I was at 590 which was awesome.

KePoW

Banned
I'm proud that I resisted the urge of the random box and got to 600 splinters. Plus I got my first 10 splinter cluster right when I was at 590 which was awesome.

Wow I bet that was a nice surprise!

But have you not played the game much overall? I've gotten the 10-splinter drop like five or six times.

Xevren

Steam says I've put 418 hours into it, so I've played quite a bit. Just never seen a 10 splinter drop before prior to that. I've gotten a bunch of 2-3 splinter drops though.

Vecks

I still haven't seen a 10 splinter drop either. And my luck has been overall pretty terrible lately with all kinds of drops.

KePoW

Banned
Steam says I've put 418 hours into it, so I've played quite a bit. Just never seen a 10 splinter drop before prior to that. I've gotten a bunch of 2-3 splinter drops though.

I haven't seen any 10 ES drops yet. Maybe because I don't bother with SIF anymore.

I still haven't seen a 10 splinter drop either. And my luck has been overall pretty terrible lately with all kinds of drops.

Whoa dang, I guess there are people with worse luck than me.

Steam says around 510 hours for me now, but that's not counting maybe 50-70 hours before playing through Steam.

inky

Their whole drop system seems super weird to me. I used to run with close to 100% SIF as I could and I never noticed a difference. I get a lot of Fortune Cards for some reason (I've got 10+ these past few days alone), but only single ES drops and no costumes, ever.

I used to have great luck before patch 1.2, I got like 5 different characters as drops, so I'm not really complaining, more like it seems that my luck has changed since then. There's also more and more shit that drops now, so I wonder if that has any effect.

Vecks

Yeah, SIF doesn't really feel like it makes a difference. But I run with it anyway when I'm farming for splinters in case it does help. I'm lucky if I get more than one fortune card a week.

inky

Hey, pretty sweet cyke unique:

QCJKkRA.png

Who is the best pet character in your opinion? I know a bunch of heroes have summons, but I'm talking someone who can dedicate a lot of points to them. Is it Luke?

J-Tier

Who is the best pet character in your opinion? I know a bunch of heroes have summons, but I'm talking someone who can dedicate a lot of points to them. Is it Luke?

If you count Loki's Illusions, I'd say Loki. If not, Emma. Luke Cage counts, but I think he's pretty underwhelming during end game.

Wallach

Depends on the kind of summons you want, but I'd say Loki. Luke is pretty good too.

They're busy trying to murder Loki's Mischief tree on the TC right now though so if this patch goes live like this it'll be pretty terrible.

They're busy trying to murder Loki's Mischief tree on the TC right now though so if this patch goes live like this it'll be pretty terrible.

Just read your post on the forums... dear lord. I'm going to assume this is just an in-between build that they pushed out for some reason and the final version will go straight to live.

inky

Depends on the kind of summons you want, but I'd say Loki. Luke is pretty good too.

I want just a bunch of stuff running around with me. Like, summon doombots, raptors, SHIELD soldiers, etc. on top of the hero basic summons and be effective.

Went back to my Hawkeye just to fool around (haven't played him since launch). God, he feels so underwhelming, weak and aimless. His passives are still pretty good, but everything else... I remember him being one of my favorites during beta. He just demolished content, but he just feels so weak now. I don't have the best equipment, but still, he shouldn't feel this bad.

Gonna have to fill that redesign questionnaire over at the forums.

I want just a bunch of stuff running around with me. Like, summon doombots, raptors, SHIELD soldiers, etc. on top of the hero basic summons and be effective.

Loki, Luke and Squirrel Girl seem like best bets for that (in that order).

Leveling up sure does feel a LOT better now.

You mentioned coming back after a break, have you done legendary quests? They make leveling much faster.

GManDH

yea but im playing on superheroic. if i go down to normal i wont get any exp will i since, the legendary quests there are easier and suppose to be for lower level??

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Rocket Raccoon seems like a pretty amazing pet build. Groot is THE BEST aggro tank in the game, and his turrets are beefy. With the right gear, it's pretty insane. Top that off with a "+damage to targets not focusing you" and it's pretty awesome. I'm running a mix of a pet/gunner build until I can build a full pet set.

Xevren

Legendary quests should always be sending you to an area that is green so xp should be just fine no matter what. Once you're at the appropriate level it should send you to the other difficulty levels too. Also opens waypoints if it's to an area you haven't unlocked yet as well.

Rocket Raccoon seems like a pretty amazing pet build. Groot is THE BEST aggro tank in the game, and his turrets are beefy. With the right gear, it's pretty insane. Top that off with a "+damage to targets not focusing you" and it's pretty awesome. I'm running a mix of a pet/gunner build until I can build a full pet set.

I love my pet RR build. I still feel that without pets he's incredibly weak, but he's getting looked at in the near future so hopefully that will be fixed.

inky

Patch notes are up (full notes):

Hero Changes

- Focus on a few bug fixes, corrections to Loki's illusions (as most player's reported) and quality-of-life improvements to a few heroes.

Colossus

Fixed an issue with Colossus' Osmium Champion not applying its stat bonuses.

Fixed an issue with Colossus' permanent move speed bonus from Siberian Express in hubs.

Emma Frost

Lustrous Lunge: Max range extended by ~15% to be on par with similar powers.

Human Torch

Bouncing Fireball: Should now correctly benefit from Area keyword

Loki

Fixed an issue with Arcane Illusion summoning infinite Loki Illusions.

Illusions are now properly receiving power damage from their respective Loki powers - Spatial Deception, Illusionary Projection, and Meteoric Illusion. The method of summoning the illusion no longer has an effect on its base stats, as originally intended. The health and defense of these illusions are now displayed on Spatial Deception's tooltip. Illusions no longer gain all of Loki's base stats. They will continue to be some of the strongest spells in the game, but should no longer trivialize content.

Luke Cage

Cold Shoulder: Now has the same pathing "leeway" around corners and objects that similar dash powers have.

Tactical Defense will no longer cost twice as much spirit as the tooltip indicates.

Ms. Marvel

Flying Knee: Now usable in player hubs

Rocket Raccoon

Stun Grenade: Tagged as an Area power, added small minimum range, maximum range extended by ~50%

Gravity Mine: Throw animation sped up by ~15%, added small minimum range, maximum range extended by ~8% (both bombs now have the same maximum range)

Turret Summons: Placement animation sped up by ~20%, wake up delay reduced by ~25%

Fixed Rocket Raccoon's Pistol Whip preventing Spirit regeneration.

Scarlet Witch

Scarlet Witch Ominous Veil: Effect should no longer end prematurely while the toggle is still active

Enervating Hex: No longer strips buffs from enemies.

Item Changes

- New Crafting Recipe: Unbind Relics. Requires: 1 Unstable Molecule, 1 Matrix of Unbinding, 300k credits and 3 pure elements. It can unbind any size stack of relics. (In a future patch, the cost of this will be temporarily reduced to allow players to unbind a relic in favor of a different option)

- Blessing of Frigga: Changed the recipe to fix the pet damage and pet health bonuses not stacking with other copies of Blessing of Frigga. Due to technical limitations, this will not affect artifacts that currently have Blessing of Frigga.

- Design Note: We intend to investigate options to move Blessings in the near future.

- Crown of Lies Unique Item: fixed a bug where the Illusions summoned did not aloways use the correct costume and dealt the incorrect amount of damage with their attacks.

- Beta Ray Bill costume will now properly throw Stormbreaker rather than Mjolnir.
Enemy & Boss Changes

- Enemy health in certain regions has been adjusted downwards.

- Doop’s health has been reduced.

- Doop has completed his Hell's Kitchen rampage.
Mission & Zone Changes

- Midtown Patrol now features a waypoint for more convenient travel out of the region.

- Norway Open Mission Forgotten Pyre's collect Nordic Kindling objective will now update properly and can be progressed.

- Significantly increased X-Student escalating vulnerability over waves. If left completely undefended from the champion (blue) attackers at Wave 10, the X-Students will generally be captured in about a minute.

- Reduced the number of gang members needed to fulfill "Cleaning House" legendary mission from 10 to 5 to partially alleviate the grocery store and bank robbery respawning issues which we are still working on.
Store Changes

Two new costumes are available in the store (and can be dropped from enemies):

- Colossus: Age of Apocalypse

- Scarlet Witch: Ultimate Costume

sleepykyo

Murder like Human Torch and Luke Cage (not too bad) or murder like Emma Frost (even Namor wouldn't want her now)?

Wallach

Murder like Human Torch and Luke Cage (not too bad) or murder like Emma Frost (even Namor wouldn't want her now)?

It's not good. The biggest thing is it just killed his itemization. You can barely use damage rating, and cannot use attack speed, critical rating or brutal rating. The entire tree cannot crit whatsoever now except via hitting enemies with your staff. I don't even know what you're supposed to do with certain gear slots like costume affixes. I guess roll a bunch of health bonuses.

KePoW

Banned
It's not good. The biggest thing is it just killed his itemization. You can barely use damage rating, and cannot use attack speed, critical rating or brutal rating. The entire tree cannot crit whatsoever now except via hitting enemies with your staff. I don't even know what you're supposed to do with certain gear slots like costume affixes. I guess roll a bunch of health bonuses.

Are you talking about the changes to Loki that already went Live this morning? Or some further upcoming ones? (I never play Test so I don't know what's on there)

GManDH

FINALLY....got a unique.
http://imgur.com/g3GeDnl So happy. Made my day, seriously.

Okay question:
http://imgur.com/r0tLZ7c
As you can see i have a 0% chance of doing a brutal hit but the strength of a brutal hit is 300%. Does that mean that i will never do a brutal hit? do items usually say they will increase your brutal chance or is it some other way??

Ill be on tonight, whoever wants to play together. got a 48 colo and a level 1 of everything else.

Vecks

Yeah, you'll never get a brutal hit until you have some brutal strike rating. Items will give it. Colossus's passive power gives both crit and brutal strike rating I think.

Man I have made a complete 180 with this game. I played some during the beta and found everything to be underwhelming. But with the 2.0 patch I made a new account and rolled with Black Panther and I'm having an absolute blast. The combat flows so well and feels way more responsive than I remember. The loot system is really well done, too. After over 200 hours of Diablo 3, it's nice to see blues, purples, and yellows at regular intervals that actually help your character. I even found a set of unique boots at level 26!

Anyone feel free to add me, my Steam ID is ECEngine. I plan to take my BP to 60, gear him up, and then pick up a ranged character to mix things up. I can see myself putting tons of time into this. Does the store ever have sales on costumes or characters?

Xevren

Man I have made a complete 180 with this game. I played some during the beta and found everything to be underwhelming. But with the 2.0 patch I made a new account and rolled with Black Panther and I'm having an absolute blast. The combat flows so well and feels way more responsive than I remember. The loot system is really well done, too. After over 200 hours of Diablo 3, it's nice to see blues, purples, and yellows at regular intervals that actually help your character. I even found a set of unique boots at level 26!

Anyone feel free to add me, my Steam ID is ECEngine. I plan to take my BP to 60, gear him up, and then pick up a ranged character to mix things up. I can see myself putting tons of time into this. Does the store ever have sales on costumes or characters?

They have had some sales, small discount over Halloween and 4th of July. Probably have another over the holidays.

Also to anyone who cares, they said chase costumes will be back up on the store again soon.

I'm also looking for a Pym Shrinking Serum if anyone happened to get one, can trade and all that jazz.

KePoW

Banned
As you can see i have a 0% chance of doing a brutal hit but the strength of a brutal hit is 300%. Does that mean that i will never do a brutal hit? do items usually say they will increase your brutal chance or is it some other way??

What Vecks said... you need to either put points into a Power that gives you Brutal rating or find items with it.

Grim Reaper / Edge of Infinity / Xerogen Crystal all have it, along with several others. Also certain Insignias.

Tenks

Cage was fun for the week after his re-work where +pet duration gear was getting doubled so you were basically 5 manning the entire time. Since they fixed it it feels like Cage is good for 30 seconds, sucks for 30 seconds, is good again, repeat. It got annoying so I shelved him once I got him to 50.

KePoW

Banned

Yeah the game is awesome now. Although I still feel the combat feedback feels a bit better in Diablo 3. But IMO the combat & animations in Marvel Heroes is a lot better than Path of Exile.

They definitely have Store sales at certain times... I would wait until Black Friday holidays time before buying anything, if you can hold out.

Top Bottom