• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I have no idea whats going on in Norway. Why am I getting kindling, what is the reed donation thing? I'm getting like no XP since I'm apparently overleveled for the zone because of all the months in content gap and doing other things. If I go to harder modes I have to start over meh

Vecks

OMG, the Colossus revamp is amazing. I feel like I'm doing 3 times as much damage and he's also got a good def boost. Maybe he can really tank now.

EDIT: Also, is it just me or did they change the EXP orb color again? Looks like a different shade of green.

KePoW

Banned
I have no idea whats going on in Norway. Why am I getting kindling, what is the reed donation thing? I'm getting like no XP since I'm apparently overleveled for the zone because of all the months in content gap and doing other things. If I go to harder modes I have to start over meh

I don't know what level you are, but if for example you are 50 and trying to do Norway in Normal mode, then of course it would be way overleveled.

That's why there's Heroic and Super-Heroic. With those, there shouldn't be any level gap. Yeah you have to do the story quests again, but it's not that big a deal and you can do the important ones in like 30 minutes.

Vecks

You don't actually have to start over. Unless they changed something, I think this should work: if you party up with someone who has the waypoint on a higher difficulty, you can just teleport to them. It's quick and easy, so I'm sure people wouldn't mind helping you there. The game isn't strict with waypoints or quests, so as long as you unlock it once, you're good.

Disclaimer: Never tried it before, but I'm assuming it can work this way.

Forgot I played this. I got a lvl 31 Scarlet witch I'm currently building up. Marvel name is the same as my username. Whiskeydiver.

inky

D:

bfZ96LY.png

hamchan

Do I get anything for participating in donating to Reed or can I just sit back and chill while everyone else does the work?

Wallach

Do I get anything for participating in donating to Reed or can I just sit back and chill while everyone else does the work?

I think they said the top 500 will get named NPCs or something like that. Otherwise you can just chill and let everyone else do it, though there isn't anything else to do with the Ymir things.

So I've been away from this game for a while. Hows all the changes? I think I left right before they changed the hero/costume drop to shards or something. Any buffs to Ms Marvel? How's Squirrel Girl and the new characters? Any new content?

KePoW

Banned
So I've been away from this game for a while. Hows all the changes? I think I left right before they changed the hero/costume drop to shards or something. Any buffs to Ms Marvel? How's Squirrel Girl and the new characters? Any new content?

Ms. Marvel is awesome and fun for sure.

Squirrel Girl seems fun to me so far around level 30.

Vecks

That was a while ago, so things have changed a good deal.
Every patch, even smaller ones, characters get some minor changes. And, in general, the changes are mostly buffs (and fixes).

But they've also been doing complete revamps. For new characters and revamped older characters, they changed up some of the powers and stretched things out so that you get new skills up until the level 50's, and a signature power around level 30 (powerful and fairly low cooldown) and get your ultimate at level 50 something (these ultimates should be a lot stronger than before and have 10 minute cooldown).

They upped the limit for hero stats like strength/durability/etc. Added new item slots for heroes (4 artifact slots, ring ,legendary, insignia).

They also added a bunch of new items like new relics, unique gears, cosmic medallions (which give +2 to all powers), new artifacts, new crafts. They added synergies - which are passive buffs you get for leveling up other heroes in your roster. New types of Fortune Cards (although at the moment only mark 1 gets dropped and bought for cube shards).

As for the new content, you're looking at the first patch for the new story. I think the Asgard stuff is supposed to be rolled out over a month or so. Right now we're just stuck in Norway. If you've been gone for a looong time (more than 3 months), then Midtown Patrol (replaced limbo, wander around in a small map and kill tons of stuff/bosses) and X-def (like horde mode) will be somewhat new to you as well.

LuuKyK

I was going to wait for some new character I like to be announced but I didn't resist and redownloaded the game today. Completely forgot that you have a limited pool of characters to choose from at the start. >_> Fuck. Wanted to start with Emma Frost, but I am not paying 14,99 for her... Hell no.

Oh well, started with Storm and never realized that that snow skill was so OP, holy hell, did they change it? It helps SO MUCH. The game definetely "feels" better. I don't know what about it changed, but it is different from what I experienced during launch/beta (as expected).

Now to grind to reach 400 of those things (forgot the name) so that I can have Emma. t-t Will take forever.

Oh well, if anyone is playing and want to add me feel free. The name is the same as the GAF one. :)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just saw they brought the starter heroes to 9. I only have daredevil and thing on my account and dont really like either, so it looks like I'd be best served just making a new account and picking one of the 4 new guys, lol.

sleepykyo

Did they up the enemy health when asgard hit? I'm watching grunts survive one-offs and godblasts, both of which are breaking 100k. I guess it balances out the addition of 2 artifact slots and the ring, but trying to kill anything with the lower dps characters feels like more of a chore than ever. Oh, and legendary quest exp feels lower.

Jtrizzy

Loki and Emma Frost are really fun and have gotten me back into the game. I don't get why they rolled out so little though with this patch. Thought it would be much more.

Xevren

Did they up the enemy health when asgard hit? I'm watching grunts survive one-offs and godblasts, both of which are breaking 100k. I guess it balances out the addition of 2 artifact slots and the ring, but trying to kill anything with the lower dps characters feels like more of a chore than ever. Oh, and legendary quest exp feels lower.

Yeah they definitely did. Pretty much most fights just last longer.

LuuKyK

Are there more story events that give you Splinters (?) as a reward? I ask because at the start you earn 100 for completing something, and honestly it feels like it will take forever for me to gather 400 from monster drops only... So, I am thinking about buying the random character one that is 175 instead, but if there are events to earn bigger quantities of those later I might wait.

inky

You should get more when you finish the story on normal, tho I'm not sure how many. I think that is it for quest reward splinters.

It definitely takes a bit of time to get them. I've got 230ish this week.

LuuKyK

You should get more when you finish the story on normal, tho I'm not sure how many. I think that is it for quest reward splinters.

It definitely takes a bit of time to get them. I've got 230ish this week.

Yeah, I got around 35 in two days. Thats not bad, but its still such a slow process. Oh well, I have to keep it up or so it seems.

I just know I will end buying the character I want. fml ;-;

KePoW

Banned

I don't feel much difference doing Midtown, but I don't know for sure.

Are there more story events that give you Splinters (?) as a reward? I ask because at the start you earn 100 for completing something, and honestly it feels like it will take forever for me to gather 400 from monster drops only... So, I am thinking about buying the random character one that is 175 instead, but if there are events to earn bigger quantities of those later I might wait.

You get another 100 for beating the game (for the first time only). So 200 total free ones from Prologue and Ending.

It doesn't take long to get 200 splinters, I feel that goes by relatively quickly. But if you're eyeing a 600 hero, that can feel long.

Do *NOT* get the random box, unless you truly don't care. I find it funny that so many people are tempted by it... I guess I just don't have a gambling mentality (I despise gambling in real life too).

Xevren

Anyone happen to have an advanced version of latverian regalia? I have stuff to trade. All anyone wants on trading channel is hand of doom so that's a no go.

LuuKyK

You get another 100 for beating the game (for the first time only). So 200 total free ones from Prologue and Ending.

It doesn't take long to get 200 splinters, I feel that goes by relatively quickly. But if you're eyeing a 600 hero, that can feel long.

Do *NOT* get the random box, unless you truly don't care. I find it funny that so many people are tempted by it... I guess I just don't have a gambling mentality (I despise gambling in real life too).

I am just weak to these temptations. help.gif

I will do my best to resist and reach the 400 I need.

Blank!

I don't feel much difference doing Midtown, but I don't know for sure.

They did up the health. It's more noticeable on weaker characters I find.

Just wanted to clarify, this isn't the case anymore if you choose a higher cost starting hero (2.0 means new starters). I believe you only get that reward if you choose Storm, Black Widow, or... I forget, daredevil maybe? Not sure.

I've done 3 random boxes, 1 dupe (SW) and 2 new heroes (wolverine/deadpool). If you don't care who you're getting, it's pretty worth it. If I actually cared who I was getting, I think I'd just drop the $$ and buy it... but to each their own.

DrBo42

Yeah they definitely did. Pretty much most fights just last longer.

On that note:

Doomsaw (Marvel Heroes Dev) said:
There are a couple of issues at work here:

In some zones/difficulties, blues and yellows have too much health. This is a known issue and there is an announcement thread in the bug report section to gather specific feedback so it can be fixed Monday morning.

There is a wide variance in DPS between the highest and lowest hero, making the game impossible to balance right now. A Spider-Man may obliterate the same enemy that takes another hero too long to kill. MichaelMayhem and the team are working on this issue to bring everyone up to the same general level before the hero reworks continue.

Vecks

I am just weak to these temptations. help.gif

I will do my best to resist and reach the 400 I need.

Just hang in there with a character you find fun to play, and maybe try getting as much SIF as you can. With +50% SIF, I think I get a splinter every 5 minutes on average.

LuuKyK

Wtf. Downloading the Test Server and it has to redownload everything? Even if I already have the game installed?

Just hang in there with a character you find fun to play, and maybe try getting as much SIF as you can. With +50% SIF, I think I get a splinter every 5 minutes on average.

Thats what I will try to do.

Ms. Marvel is awesome and fun for sure.

Squirrel Girl seems fun to me so far around level 30.

That was a while ago, so things have changed a good deal.
Every patch, even smaller ones, characters get some minor changes. And, in general, the changes are mostly buffs (and fixes).

But they've also been doing complete revamps. For new characters and revamped older characters, they changed up some of the powers and stretched things out so that you get new skills up until the level 50's, and a signature power around level 30 (powerful and fairly low cooldown) and get your ultimate at level 50 something (these ultimates should be a lot stronger than before and have 10 minute cooldown).

They upped the limit for hero stats like strength/durability/etc. Added new item slots for heroes (4 artifact slots, ring ,legendary, insignia).

They also added a bunch of new items like new relics, unique gears, cosmic medallions (which give +2 to all powers), new artifacts, new crafts. They added synergies - which are passive buffs you get for leveling up other heroes in your roster. New types of Fortune Cards (although at the moment only mark 1 gets dropped and bought for cube shards).

As for the new content, you're looking at the first patch for the new story. I think the Asgard stuff is supposed to be rolled out over a month or so. Right now we're just stuck in Norway. If you've been gone for a looong time (more than 3 months), then Midtown Patrol (replaced limbo, wander around in a small map and kill tons of stuff/bosses) and X-def (like horde mode) will be somewhat new to you as well.

Thanks guys, will give this a try again :)

Gothos

I see they changed starting hero roster - it's much better now! I made a new account and want to jump into some new hero but I'm not sure what to pick. Can anyone give me some feedback on Cap. America and Black Panther? Which one is currently better balanced and more fun to play?

How do I change difficulty level. I knew where it was but I can't figure it out now for some reason. I'm clicking on every menu trying to find it with no luck.

inky

I see they changed starting hero roster - it's much better now! I made a new account and want to jump into some new hero but I'm not sure what to pick. Can anyone give me some feedback on Cap. America and Black Panther? Which one is currently better balanced and more fun to play?

Well, I don't own BP (I played him a lot in beta, tho) but I do own Cap. BP has awesome animations (some of the best) and is usually jumping around and slashing away. He also has a few trap abilities and a summon.

Cap is all about his shield. Last I played him you could block big chunks of damage and got to sweep and throw your shield around. He can also be more of a support depending on which aura you pick.

I think BP is more fun to play solo, but Captain is next on the list to have a rework, so many of his abilities will change. He will even get new ones.

If you want to check out their power trees before you choose, I leave you these links:

Black Panther
Captain America

J-Tier

BP is my main, got him as a hero drop very early on. I'd say he's better (though I'm biased haha) and by focusing on making his dodge better, bosses can't even touch him making for some easy soloing. Though the early level are a bit of a climb, he gets starts to shine around the 20s and up.

KePoW

Banned

Honestly? Captain America is super boring right now.

Doesn't mean he's bad, he can stay alive amongst the best heroes. Just boring to play. I would wait until he gets his full re-work.

Black Panther is pretty fun. Not in my top 10, but no complaints really.

Top Bottom