• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

sleepykyo

I'm for the combat feeling better in D3. Regardless of anything else, as to be expected of a game from a major company, the animation in D3 is way above MH (outside of the Monk animations that didn't reflect the weapon he was holding). Loki's staff swing combination and the way Colussus' varies attack animations if you hold down crushing smite are great though.

Happy to see Gaz is going to test Gambit for a longer period of time so we don't get a repeat of this Loki garbage.

You going to test Gambit like you did Loki, Wallach?

Wallach

Happy to see Gaz is going to test Gambit for a longer period of time so we don't get a repeat of this Loki garbage.

You going to test Gambit like you did Loki, Wallach?

I don't know, really. It's a lot of time, and I don't really have much interest in Gambit for myself. Might be able to help though if they really plan to have a much longer testing window.

KePoW

Banned
I don't know, really. It's a lot of time, and I don't really have much interest in Gambit for myself. Might be able to help though if they really plan to have a much longer testing window.

Which upcoming hero from confirmed list are you looking toward the most??

GManDH

so i was playing as Colossus today and i summoned my annoying ass sister and then tried to summon wolverine at the same time and that didnt work. then i tried waiting and did it, and that also didnt work. does anyone know how long i have to wait before i can summon the other one after summoning one of them?

KePoW

Banned
so i was playing as Colossus today and i summoned my annoying ass sister and then tried to summon wolverine at the same time and that didnt work. then i tried waiting and did it, and that also didnt work. does anyone know how long i have to wait before i can summon the other one after summoning one of them?

I've summoned both no problem. I usually throw Wolverine first and then do Magik, no issues.

Vecks

You can summon both of them at the same time. But I've noticed that sometimes it may have trouble, may not be that smooth. Just gotta try and tap that hotkey a few times or maybe move into a different position before summoning.

GManDH

You can summon both of them at the same time. But I've noticed that sometimes it may have trouble, may not be that smooth. Just gotta try and tap that hotkey a few times or maybe move into a different position before summoning.

thats a better explanation. thought thanks Kepow as well. you were right vecks she is pretty awesome.

New hero pricing straight from Brevik himself:

I wanted to announce that Gambit will launch at the 900G hero level, with the free-to-play cost alternative of 400 eternity splinters.

In addition, we're going to eliminate the 1100G cost tier for heroes. It's too awkward. All heroes at that tier currently will move to 900G.

To keep parity between the 3 pricing levels, we're moving the 1450G hero level down to 1350G, resulting in 3 simple levels of 450, 900 and 1350G.

LuuKyK

Guys I need help, the game is asking for me to download the latest patch to login, but I thought Steam would do that automatically. But its not. Thing is, I was playing it normally till yesterday. Wtf is happening? How do I patch it then?

Edit: Nvm, had to re-open Steam for the update to start.

Xevren

Hmm... I'd be interested to dabble in Ghost Rider, but I'm most looking forward to Iceman and Dr. Strange at the moment.

Did they give any sort of time frame to Iceman? Think out of the heroes I know are coming either Nightcrawler/Psylocke would be the ones I'd be interested in. Hate Gambit and meh towards Ghost Rider.

Vecks

Balance shouldn't be too hard I think. Because most MOBAs have around 100+ heroes, while MH has around 25-30

There's a key difference though. MOBAs are built around the concepts of starting fresh each match and everyone having access to the same items within the match. I think it'll be easier to test for balancing in a situation like that. In Fire and Ice, you are bringing in characters that are of varying levels and different gear (artifacts, insignias, uniques, legendary, costume cores). Not only do they have to balance the heroes themselves, they have to balance the level brackets and each item (and potentially the OP item combos for certain heroes).

In the end, though, it's not a big deal since this is a just-for-fun mode. They don't have to be that serious about the balancing because it's not as complex (one lane, buying simple buffs, short match, not as competitive). I'm just worried they're putting too much on their plate with adding pve content, new pvp modes, new heroes and items, etc.

sleepykyo

Balance shouldn't be too hard I think. Because most MOBAs have around 100+ heroes, while MH has around 25-30

I'd imagine MOBAs tend to have balance in mind fairly early on. Gaz has been throwing up heroes without any consideration toward balance and have been unable to keep the cast balanced in single player. While mp is a different beast, they still seem really unsure of what they're doing.

Did they give any sort of time frame to Iceman? Think out of the heroes I know are coming either Nightcrawler/Psylocke would be the ones I'd be interested in. Hate Gambit and meh towards Ghost Rider.

Iceman and Psylocke are sometime in 2014, iirc.
Nightcrawler is very late 2013/very early 2014.

hamchan

I think a standard MOBA mode would work well with these heroes. Pick 4 abilities that each char can use, start everyone from level 1 in each game, don't bring items into the match. Give rewards for playing the mode that can be used in PvE.

For PvP with current item sets and skill trees just create an arena mode and let people bash each other. Done.

Basically I just want a Marvel MOBA because that would be awesome :-/

Wallach

What's a good method for farming l60 gear? Might as well put the bonus rare find weekend to use.

Hit up Midtown or red terminals. Midtown has pretty good rate of items, but you run the chance of getting a level 59 since they are all level 62 enemies. T4 terminals are all level 63 enemies and can only drop level 60 loot; red terminals will have a better loot table but are slower to clear.

Gothos

Ye, I knew about those :) Anyway, two annoying things:

1. Relic stacking! Gief plz...
2. Weird fps drops when in bases (Avengers Tower, X-Men Mansion, Helicarrier) while during normal game while fighting my FPS is rock solid.

Vecks

Any tips form experienced players how/where can one effectively farm splinters? :)

This probably won't help you much but I think the most logical way is stacking as much SIF as you can, finding an area with hordes of respawning weakling greens that you can plow through (midtown is always good for farming anything, but story mode mobs might be easier to slaughter), and using a toon with tons of area damage.

I also find that, if I don't get a splinter for a while, I'll usually find one in a treasure box.

Yea to get most splinters, you just have to kill tons of shit. Quickest way to do it is midtown with the constant spawning hordes. X-Mansion is ok as well but the enemies that get tougher slow down the killing considerably so less drops. Midtown is just constant splinter drops.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah what everyone else said about Splinters.

The most important thing is make sure you're not killing gray enemies.

GManDH

so after playing yesterday i have a couple of questions.

1. Is it worth powering up your ultimate?
2. is it better to buy a character via splinters or via gold?
3. i have too many artifacts and need to figure out a way to either put them on characters(bind) or trade them?
4. have you ever noticed that if you are wearing a relic it becomes harder to find?

and now i forgot the rest.

Tenks

so after playing yesterday i have a couple of questions.

1. Is it worth powering up your ultimate?
2. is it better to buy a character via splinters or via gold?
3. i have too many artifacts and need to figure out a way to either put them on characters(bind) or trade them?
4. have you ever noticed that if you are wearing a relic it becomes harder to find?

and now i forgot the rest.

1) Generally no
2) Splinters. Specifically if you have less than half of the heroes unlock via random boxes.
3) Buy more general STASH space, no one really trades in this game
4) No

Blank!

OOO YEA. do heroes still drop or can you get them via splinters only??

splinters only. Costumes do drop but the rate is stupidly low.

Side note, but I only have 1 relic equipped to a character and it's my 2nd most picked up relic (gibborn).

RE Artifacts: If there's an advanced or super-heroic version, it tends to be not worth keeping around. There are a few exceptions (a good meta-sensory is still worth holding onto). But yeah, I found additional stash space probably the best purchase I've done for this game.

LuuKyK

These splinters take way to long to drop. Bought the random box. It gave me Rocket Raccoon (my least wanted character).
Negative_Man.png
My luck is something else.

I will just pay for Emma.

KePoW

Banned
These splinters take way to long to drop. Bought the random box. It gave me Rocket Raccoon (my least wanted character).
Negative_Man.png
My luck is something else.

I told you bro, don't ever get random box. Unless you truly don't care what happens.

I actually got one last night, but only because I have every hero except two (and I don't care about those two). Ended up getting Thing, which is one of my least-played characters. I just laughed.

Gothos

Damn, been playing basically all day, lol. Got Cable from 21 to 29lvl, finished Normal, grinded Manhattan, made some terminal missions, got around 45 splinters in the process. He's slowly becoming quite a beast - Vortex Grenades + Psychic Haze is quite a combo and I'm having more and more fun playing him with.

Heh, it's interesting 'cause so far I've been only playing free Daredevil and wanted to play Cable but I knew I won't last long enough to gather 400 splinters with DD so when I finally got enough for random box I said to myself 'Fuck it - I get some nice hero or I'm done' and bought one. And guess what hero I got? Cable. Hhaha, crazy luck and coincidence :D

I wonder when Beast will be in.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a way to fix the stuttering? I still get it, especially when in Midtown, but recently notice I get it in Xavier's School, too.

Hit 40 with my Black Panther tonight, such a fun character. Using Elektra's medal plus spamming his stealth roll and Vibranium Trap keeps me at full health almost exclusively. Got a good laugh out of the Walter White MODOK in Midtown, too.

I've been thinking about grabbing Jean Grey next since I'm almost at 400 splinters, but I'm not sure if I want to do it. Is she moderately powerful post level 30? Or would I be better off going with someone else?

Wallach

I've been thinking about grabbing Jean Grey next since I'm almost at 400 splinters, but I'm not sure if I want to do it. Is she moderately powerful post level 30? Or would I be better off going with someone else?

Her Phoenix form is probably the most powerful spec in the game currently. Outside of Phoenix form she's alright, kinda average. Though, I don't think I'd expect things like Phoenix or Iron Man to stay as powerful as they are forever.

Gothos

Is there an official stance from Gazillion on that terrible stuttering issue? Do they acknowledge it, ignore it, work on fixing it? It's seriously the only rant I can give about this game.

Top Bottom