• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there an official stance from Gazillion on that terrible stuttering issue? Do they acknowledge it, ignore it, work on fixing it? It's seriously the only rant I can give about this game.

Frostinferno on the previous page said they are working on it on the Test Center. Hope they do fix it because it's rough.

Also, I took Thor from 22 to 32 yesterday. He is SO much more fun than Rocket Raccoon...Too bad, because he was my favorite for a while.

KePoW

Banned
I've been thinking about grabbing Jean Grey next since I'm almost at 400 splinters, but I'm not sure if I want to do it. Is she moderately powerful post level 30? Or would I be better off going with someone else?

Phoenix tree is super overpowered right now.

Is there an official stance from Gazillion on that terrible stuttering issue? Do they acknowledge it, ignore it, work on fixing it? It's seriously the only rant I can give about this game.

Are you guys talking about stuttering in Midtown when there's a huge fight with other players around? That's the only time I really stutter.

inky

Ya, I've been playing for a couple of hours now and I haven't noticed any stuttering. I do have some fps drops here and there, but that has always been the case for me.

I mean, if they said they are fixing it obviously there is something there, I am just wondering how widespread it is and what's causing it.

LFG

Neophyte
Started playing last night. I picked Colossus. I'm in Chapter 8 now and only level 15. I guess I'm supposed to grind some levels between chapters? I can't wear any gear that I'm picking up because I'm too low level, lol XD

KePoW

Banned
Started playing last night. I picked Colossus. I'm in Chapter 8 now and only level 15. I guess I'm supposed to grind some levels between chapters? I can't wear any gear that I'm picking up because I'm too low level, lol XD

Haha what... how did you get to Chapter 8 already at level 15? Are you not doing all the side-quests in the Mission Log?

inky

LOL. Chapter 8 is like lvl 21-23 bro. Even if you don't read the text try to do most of the missions and kill a few blue/yellow packs and visit a few side areas (orange doors with a treasure chest) on your way there. There's a link in the OP to a leveling guide just so you know which missions have some useful rewards. Leveling is pretty fast in this game, but it seems you are just skipping a ton of content.

LFG

Neophyte
Haha what... how did you get to Chapter 8 already at level 15? Are you not doing all the side-quests in the Mission Log?

LOL. Chapter 8 is like lvl 21-23 bro. Even if you don't read the text try to do most of the missions and kill a few blue/yellow packs and visit a few side areas (orange doors with a treasure chest) on your way there. There's a link in the OP to a leveling guide just so you know which missions have some useful rewards. Leveling is pretty fast in this game, but it seems you are just skipping a ton of content.

Haha, okay! I'll definitely check the guide. Looking at my quest log, it seems that I did skip some side missions. I'll go back and do them and grind out some levels. Thanks! ><

KePoW

Banned
Haha, okay! I'll definitely check the guide. Looking at my quest log, it seems that I did skip some side missions. I'll go back and do them and grind out some levels. Thanks! ><

For grinding, I suggest doing some Midtown Manhattan or X-Mansion Defense. That's more fun than just mindlessly grinding in Story mode.

But yeah, first thing you should do is finish the side-quests in each chapter.

inky

So today I ran 1x green terminals, 2x reds, 2 hr of MM with about:

ZHfL3bk.png

and the rarest thing I got was 1 double eternity splinter drop and 1 unique (same one I got 2 other times already, mind you). I got probably a couple more artifacts than I would usually get and that's it.

Meh.

430 hrs and still not one costume =(

KePoW

Banned
So today I ran 1x green terminals, 2x reds, 2 hr of MM with about:

ZHfL3bk.png

and the rarest thing I got was 1 double eternity splinter drop and 1 unique (same one I got 2 other times already, mind you). I got probably a couple more artifacts than I would usually get and that's it.

Meh.

I've definitely gotten a lot more Artifacts this weekend, with the server rarity boost.

inky

If he comes in a $15 pack like SG I might get him with Gs. If not, I might just gather the splinters and level Loki in the meantime.

LuuKyK

Whoa, Gambit seems really good!

Also, as I just started using the Test Center... does the 10k G refresh after some time/new patch/character or is it all you will have forever?

Whoa, Gambit seems really good!

Also, as I just started using the Test Center... does the 10k G refresh after some time/new patch/character or is it all you will have forever?

They usually give you 5k for each testing cycle, though this time it happened to be 10k for whatever reason. If they make major changes during the testing cycle, they'll probably do a refresh along with it. Nothing guaranteed though.

I'm still confused with how the guild stuff works in this, but if anyone is able to send out invites I'm going to hop on now for a couple hours. My in-game name is ECElectron. I joined the Steam group and filled out the user list, too. Running instances solo is starting to get a little boring, lol.

I turned off the other players power visuals, via the ini file, to help with my framerate and it seems to have stopped the stuttering too.
Since I started using Widow again the other day, I noticed the ejected shell casings from her pistol have returned, since I changed the ini file. Im sure I couldnt see them before that.
Widows timed explosives are so much fun. I love just rolling around and blowing the shit out of everything. Its great :)
I really regret not buying her white chase costume with Splinters, when I had the chance. I cant justify spending $15 on it, when it returns to the store.

hamchan

I'm like 30 splinters aways from random hero box, hehe. Gonna be difficult to restrain myself from buying it :)

I think if the random hero box is truly an equal chance to get each hero, then it's totally worth buying it as long as you don't care about what hero you get.

You know what would be nice? More than one free general stash slot. 48 is not enough for multiple characters + crafting recipies + artifacts.

inky

LOL, I already got more luck today doing back to back legendary quests on Midtown than 4 hours of farming on the weekend.

I wish I was joking but I'm not, 2 cosmics and 2 uniques already. 2 were upgrades! Sure, I'm getting tons of greens vs more blues/purples then, but heck, I'll take it.

Xevren

LOL, I already got more luck today doing back to back legendary quests on Midtown than 4 hours of farming on the weekend.

I wish I was joking but I'm not, 2 cosmics and 2 uniques already. 2 were upgrades! Sure, I'm getting tons of greens vs more blues/purples then, but heck, I'll take it.

Good stuff. Midtown has been a constant source of upgrades for me.

KePoW

Banned

Which 2 Uniques??

Vecks

I think if the random hero box is truly an equal chance to get each hero, then it's totally worth buying it as long as you don't care about what hero you get.

When I get a 400 splinter hero out of a box, I just think--hey, if I get a dupe the next time, it'll be like I just bought it for full price in advance! At this point, even if I get 4 dupes in a row, I won't feel disappointed.
I hope I didn't just jinx myself :(

Gothos

I turned off the other players power visuals, via the ini file, to help with my framerate and it seems to have stopped the stuttering too.
Since I started using Widow again the other day, I noticed the ejected shell casings from her pistol have returned, since I changed the ini file. Im sure I couldnt see them before that.
Widows timed explosives are so much fun. I love just rolling around and blowing the shit out of everything. Its great :)
I really regret not buying her white chase costume with Splinters, when I had the chance. I cant justify spending $15 on it, when it returns to the store.

Which entries in the ini did you change?

Top Bottom