• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

hamchan

Oh the thingy opened. More content to play hooray!

Also bought Gambit pack because if I played him it was only going to be using the classic costume anyways. That modern costume, ew :-/

inky

Also bought Gambit pack because if I played him it was only going to be using the classic costume anyways. That modern costume, ew :-/

Their extremely obvious ploy has worked!

I'm probably doing the same, but buying him with Gs. 1800 doesn't sound terrible I guess.

LuuKyK

Oh the thingy opened. More content to play hooray!

The only thing that changes is that the modern costume has a white jacket instead of the brown one. But the rest is pretty much the same, no?

inky

The only thing that changes is that the modern costume has a white jacket instead of the brown one. But the rest is pretty much the same, no?
It's a bit more than that:

F2mrgxb.png
8PTCSyL.png

KePoW

Banned
Which of the heroes would you guys describe as a good, tanky, melee DPS? :)

Hulk is prototypical tank class, also does great DPS. Colossus as well.

Thing is a tank obviously, but DPS is average. Captain America is a super-tank but DPS is crap.

Spider-Man is a dodge based melee with super DPS. I would say Thor, but he's half ranged (in particular one OP power is a ranged one).

That's an option in the game settings menu now.

I didnt know that. I'll have a look later.
There is still no way to disable the overhead health bars in Midtown AFAIK. Thats the option I REALLY want. They are such an eyesore.
Doomsaw told me ages ago that he was going to look into this, but nothing happened, so I guess it never will.

GManDH

okay so ive done hawkeye which is ranged, eventhough he isnt as much fun as i thought he would be, ive done colossus, which is a BLAST, now i need another character. im between loki, blackpanther, deadpool, or daredevil?? can anyone mentor me in one of those so i can understand how to use the character better?

Vecks

okay so ive done hawkeye which is ranged, eventhough he isnt as much fun as i thought he would be, ive done colossus, which is a BLAST, now i need another character. im between loki, blackpanther, deadpool, or daredevil?? can anyone mentor me in one of those so i can understand how to use the character better?

Hawkeye isn't that great at the moment, but I think he's supposed to get reworked soon. I don't know much about those characters, but people say Daredevil is pretty boring to play--so maybe you should save him for later until they rework him too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Farming Odin Marks is much more fun than farming MM right now. Exp is nice, too. I just have to force myself not to kill every enemy in site.

Also, a few days back, I found a Helm of the Skyfather (playing Thor atm). While doing some marks on the Beach, I found a more level appropriate version of the same helm. Awesome.

inky

So, Wolverine chest?

SvDrJpH.png

Could work with Cap too I guess.

Ugh, I need a new stash tab desperately, but I feel like I'm waiting on a sale that will never come =/

KePoW

Banned

Deadpool is the most fun IMO. One of my favorite heroes in the game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Don't buy anything until Black Friday & holidays time... I assume they will probably do some type of sales then.

I love me some stash tabs.

Questions!
  • Has Gaz discussed the ability to auto-stack relics? It took them forever to fix crafting mat stacking, so I don't have high hopes.
  • Is there any way to get around the bullshit of having to reactivate every waypoint on heroic and superheroic?
  • Are the GAF folks still in the GAF Supergroup, or have you all gone elsewhere? There's almost nobody ever on anymore, haha.

inky

I Questions!
  • Has Gaz discussed the ability to auto-stack relics? It took them forever to fix crafting mat stacking, so I don't have high hopes.
  • Is there any way to get around the bullshit of having to reactivate every waypoint on heroic and superheroic?
  • Are the GAF folks still in the GAF Supergroup, or have you all gone elsewhere? There's almost nobody ever on anymore, haha.

1. I'm pretty sure they've said no because of reasons. Pretty dumb, I know.
2. If there is I haven't found it.
3. Well, a few of us are still pretty active. I don't know where the rest have gone :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
1. I'm pretty sure they've said no because of reasons. Pretty dumb, I know.
2. If there is I haven't found it.
3. Well, a few of us are still pretty active. I don't know where the rest have gone :p

I'll keep an eye out for folks. I wouldn't mind doing X-Defense with some people eventually. And I guess I'll just stick to my hero switching for waypoints. It's slow, boring, and feels gimpy...But whatever.

I'd say go for Loki first. After his illusions are able to crit again next patch, he will more or less be set in stone, whereas the other three characters are getting noticeable damage buffs across the board in the mid-December patch.

KePoW

Banned

1.) I really hope they add this, it would be a huge quality-of-life feature.
2.) I just use a higher level hero who has every waypoint to swap with my low level heroes. Slightly annoying, but not too big a deal.
3.) I'm in a SG with personal friends, but you can add me to friend list (kepow)

J-Tier

I love me some stash tabs.

Questions!

I'm on a lot (limejello9), though as of late, haven't hung out with the group--with the exception of doing the bovine level together a few days back.

Gothos

Fuck, hit 40 with Cable and my pace of killing mobs got down drastically. I'm lacking DPS, my survavibility is getting worse - crap, it's getting less and less fun :)

Vecks

Are the GAF folks still in the GAF Supergroup, or have you all gone elsewhere? There's almost nobody ever on anymore, haha.

I think most people have just moved on from the game at this point. The game's been out for half a year already.

Where do you guys open your treasure chests? It feels like such a waste to open it in a empty area since everyone can get stuff from the chest. I wish people would just get together and do mass openings.

KePoW

Banned
Where do you guys open your treasure chests? It feels like such a waste to open it in a empty area since everyone can get stuff from the chest. I wish people would just get together and do mass openings.

I see a good number of people open it in Midtown at the beginning NPCs area.

hamchan

I normally see a few people on in the supergroup but it kinda doesn't serve much purpose yet. I'm normally doing something at the same time while playing this game so I don't talk much and when I do have a question I just ask social chat.

J-Tier

Does Wundagore Clay work with Loki illusions?

Yeah, it affects the health of the illusions, though I'm not sure about the duration.

Fuck, hit 40 with Cable and my pace of killing mobs got down drastically. I'm lacking DPS, my survavibility is getting worse - crap, it's getting less and less fun :)

Try a different character. From what I've played, Loki with focus on giant blood- mischief tree hybrid build, with most priority going towards melee is fun.

Black Panther with dodge build (pym's shrinking serum does wonders for him) focusing on ritual warrior tree.

Iron Man is great too. He has so many build options now, and it's neat to experiment and figure out what your best Iron Man is.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Took Thor to 39...I can't say this enough - Odin Mark farming really takes the lull out of leveling. It's fun to run around areas I don't normally go to (for non-story reasons).

Gothos

Yeah, it affects the health of the illusions, though I'm not sure about the duration.

Try a different character. From what I've played, Loki with focus on giant blood- mischief tree hybrid build, with most priority going towards melee is fun.

Black Panther with dodge build (pym's shrinking serum does wonders for him) focusing on ritual warrior tree.

Iron Man is great too. He has so many build options now, and it's neat to experiment and figure out what your best Iron Man is.

I don't have many characters - my others are only Storm (lvl1) and Daredevil (lvl30). DD sucks ass and Storm doesn't convince me - never wasn't fan of her :) Also, I'm waiting for Black Firday to buy some hero, so I guess I'm stuck with Cable and doing Midtown all the time :p

I sooooo wish they changed pricing. Heroes should be 400, 700 and 1000G. The current model is fucked up, if I want to buy top tier heroes I need to buy 3x500 packs. Fuck them :<

Not sure I like that Gambit is going live Friday. They did a surprisingly small amount of changes to him over the course of this week and he is by no means ready. I've got a bad feeling they'll release him either being too weak or too strong.

GManDH

Wednesday update

Hi folks,

Here's a brief evening update for you. This is some of the work that went on today:

Various teams working on the Loki Boss Fight for the next chapter of Asgard (December).

Many more uniques moving through the development system for heroes that don't have uniques for certain slots. Many were inspired for the unique suggestions in the Hero Review Questionnaire Threads, which continue to be a productive resource for developers.

Stark's checkbook moving into Gear Slot 3.

Buff to 3 of the PVP unique rings.

Many tuning changes to PVP after our first 24 hours of PVP testing. Most abusive strategies will be greatly reduced with Friday's small patch.

Work towards our raid system, still in initial stages for Q1 2014 release.

Changes and bug fixes for Gambit based on testing and the last few bits of player feedback.

A new power finalized for Squirrel Girl for AOE clearing - Atomic Acorn (name not final)

Design thoughts on Emma Frost's Telepathy upgrades for later in the year.

Prep work towards the Decemer

Some work towards Ghost Rider in various departments.

Fixed every bug reported from test center (zero remaining means one more day of testing to be sure and then live Friday morning with patch 2.02, most likely - this includes Gambit, some PVP balance tuning, bug fixes and various quality of life improvements)

Work on new items for the Armor/Weapon vendors to reward those who level them up

Work on Fisk Tower terminal (for launch in December)

Work on polishing the free 250G quest for level 15 players (once per account, retroactive for existing players)

Work on a new target dummy in the training room to simulate stage 2 Doom (it will die, and respawn, so you can test your time to kill) and a target dummy that shoots a rifle at you to test your defensive abilities if desired

Planning and advance work for the December "dps system upgrade" to coincide with Ghost Rider launch

Work on Ghost Rider's driving power technology (this will open up a lot of design options for future heroes)

Character modeling team working on something amazing that will change the hero I play.

Work on some color blind work-around for cosmic items.

Remember that Rock Troll that Thor smashed at the start of The Dark World? Coming soon!

Work on various UI improvements, including chat tabs, X-Defense UI and PVP UI.

Work on a Doop level for X-Defense (On a personal note, I bought a new chase costume and I'm going to try it out in X-Defense)

Wallach

Not sure I like that Gambit is going live Friday. They did a surprisingly small amount of changes to him over the course of this week and he is by no means ready. I've got a bad feeling they'll release him either being too weak or too strong.

Agreed, it seems too early. I'd rather they pushed 2.02 tomorrow without him and pushed him out after Thanksgiving.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Everyone gets 250g for nothing pretty much.

Since you can't actually buy much with it it's to tempt you into spending more money and buying something more expensive.

I thought it was aimed at Test Center users, no? Something about having to have used the Test Center to level?

Also, do XP/Rarity buffs stop counting down when logged off? I'm considering using them to level the heroes I don't use much to 20 or so for the passive boosts.

Gothos

Everyone gets 250g for nothing pretty much.

Since you can't actually buy much with it it's to tempt you into spending more money and buying something more expensive.

Good move, with free 250G I'll consider buying 1000g pack to get 1100 hero.

As far as buffs go (rarity, xp) their timer counts only when you're online.

Triphos

Neo Member
I thought it was aimed at Test Center users, no? Something about having to have used the Test Center to level?

Also, do XP/Rarity buffs stop counting down when logged off? I'm considering using them to level the heroes I don't use much to 20 or so for the passive boosts.

Nah, they're just giving out 250G to every account that has a hero past level 15 (I thought it was 20, guess they changed it).

Buffs only count down while you're logged in. It's 25 for synergies, though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nah, they're just giving out 250G to every account that has a hero past level 15 (I thought it was 20, guess they changed it).

Buffs only count down while you're logged in. It's 25 for synergies, though.

25 in MM with 5 stacks of those candy bar buffs should be relatively easy. I hope. :p

GManDH

for anyone who cares about PVP

@Ryoohki said: Is there any chance we can get the ability to have a different set of powers allocated for pvp versus normal play? Maybe even let us change around our powers for PVP whenever we want? Right now, some characters would want to use vastly different skills for PVP versus normal play and it would be annoying to try to switch back and forth all the time.

Yes, once we are closer to the "official" launch of the mode, we will work on getting a PVP spec option into the Power window. -DoomSaw

Are the shrinking and growth serums craftable or found by drops? Feels like I've had almost every other kind of artifact drop for me except those two.

inky

Guys, who do I play next?

uHjVAo3.png

A lot of those are getting reworked (Cap, Cyclops, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, etc) so for those I rather wait, and some I don't feel like playing like Widow and Punisher. I've been playing a lot of Iron Man too, so I want someone who feels a bit different (I tried Squirrel Girl but she was kinda disappointing, I don't know why).

Maybe I should just go for Loki like I had planned. Wallach's video made it look extremely fun.

Top Bottom