• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Guys, who do I play next?

A lot of those are getting reworked (Cap, Cyclops, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, etc) so for those I rather wait, and some I don't feel like playing like Widow and Punisher. I've been playing a lot of Iron Man too, so I want someone who feels a bit different (I tried Squirrel Girl but she was kinda disappointing, I don't know why).

Maybe I should just go for Loki like I had planned. Wallach's video made it look extremely fun.

Do a summoner Rocket Raccoon build!
Or Loki - he seems to be the one EVERYONE is going bananas about right now.

KePoW

Banned
Not sure I like that Gambit is going live Friday. They did a surprisingly small amount of changes to him over the course of this week and he is by no means ready. I've got a bad feeling they'll release him either being too weak or too strong.

They'll release him too strong, and adjust him down afterwards. That's what they always do. (and I agree it's too early, I thought they learned their lesson on that already)

Also, do XP/Rarity buffs stop counting down when logged off? I'm considering using them to level the heroes I don't use much to 20 or so for the passive boosts.

They don't count-down while logged off, so feel free to use them. And yeah, I definitely use the 100% XP boosts for heroes I have low interest in. If I didn't have any boosts while leveling Hawkeye to 30, I would have clawed my eyes out.

Are the shrinking and growth serums craftable or found by drops? Feels like I've had almost every other kind of artifact drop for me except those two.

Like someone else said, I've found a lot more Growth Serums than Shrinking. I'm not sure if that's an anomaly, or if the Shrinking Serum truly has a lower drop-rate.

Guys, who do I play next?

uHjVAo3.png

A lot of those are getting reworked (Cap, Cyclops, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, etc) so for those I rather wait, and some I don't feel like playing like Widow and Punisher. I've been playing a lot of Iron Man too, so I want someone who feels a bit different (I tried Squirrel Girl but she was kinda disappointing, I don't know why).

I would definitely vote for Ms. Marvel out of your level 1's. She's currently awesome and super fun even without a re-work (I don't think she needs to be changed actually, except to re-do the Power paths to level 52).

Scarlet Witch would be my second vote, she's pretty fun nowdays (she was terrible at launch).

inky

I would definitely vote for Ms. Marvel out of your level 1's. She's currently awesome and super fun even without a re-work (I don't think she needs to be changed actually, except to re-do the Power paths to level 52).

Scarlet Witch would be my second vote, she's pretty fun nowdays (she was terrible at launch).

I really want to play Ms Marvel, but I have a very petty reason not to other than the incoming rework. I want the Captain Marvel costume without a mask. I've been asking for it since beta and I am hoping they do it sooner than later.

I'll probably go with SW or Wolverine. I want someone I can take to at least 50, and not leave in the 25-30 range like I've done with almost everyone else. I really should start using my XP boosts as well, I have like 35 of those.

KePoW

Banned
I really want to play Ms Marvel, but I have a very petty reason not to other than the incoming rework. I want the Captain Marvel costume without a mask. I've been asking for it since beta and I am hoping they do it sooner than later.

LOL... I do think the Captain Marvel costume sucks. But I think all of her other costumes are awesome, I bought 3 of them haha (Agent of SWORD, Warbird, Classic)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Question about Odin Mark farming - if I partner up with someone, do our Legendary Quests sync up? I would love to hop on Mumble or something with folks and farm marks, but if we're all on different quests, it sort of defeats the purpose.

KePoW

Banned
Question about Odin Mark farming - if I partner up with someone, do our Legendary Quests sync up? I would love to hop on Mumble or something with folks and farm marks, but if we're all on different quests, it sort of defeats the purpose.

No, everyone has different Legendary quests. When I play with my real-life friends, we usually just keep re-rolling for Midtown ones and stay there.

GManDH

Can anyone tell me exactly how much a +158 brutal strike rating equals in % that the brutal strike will occur. and if you cant, then how much does each +100= in %. also is this the same for every character?? PS we are all real friends. xD.

inky

Can anyone tell me exactly how much a +158 brutal strike rating equals in % that the brutal strike will occur. and if you cant, then how much does each +100= in %. also is this the same for every character?? PS we are all real friends. xD.

Level 60

uCevsLI.png

It should be the same for everyone.

KePoW

Banned

I believe it works like most MMORPGs nowdays, where it's not a fixed percentage. It scales depending what level you are.

In other words, +100 Brutal rating will give a much higher percentage for a level 1 character, compared to a level 60.

Vecks

I'll probably go with SW or Wolverine. I want someone I can take to at least 50, and not leave in the 25-30 range like I've done with almost everyone else. I really should start using my XP boosts as well, I have like 35 of those.

I don't have wolverine, but Scarlet is fun: Teleport straight through levels. Bewildering is awesome... makes bosses fight each other in midtown/cancels out boss one-hit-kill powers. Debuffs, CC's and aoe's all over the place.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No, everyone has different Legendary quests. When I play with my real-life friends, we usually just keep re-rolling for Midtown ones and stay there.

Sounds like a wonderful credit sink, haha. I guess I should focus on credit farming gear eventually.

GManDH

I believe it works like most MMORPGs nowdays, where it's not a fixed percentage. It scales depending what level you are.

In other words, +100 Brutal rating will give a much higher percentage for a level 1 character, compared to a level 60.

Do we have confirmation on that or is it just "ooo i think so"?

KePoW

Banned
Do we have confirmation on that or is it just "ooo i think so"?

I would say I'm 98% sure that's how it works. Otherwise why would they bother with a Rating stat instead of a Percentage stat, which would be much easier for people to understand?

I just checked in-game:

Black Widow at level 41
Brutal Rating of 57.0
Tooltip - 1.9%

Thing at level 34
Brutal Rating of 53.9
Tooltip - 2.2%

GManDH

I would say I'm 98% sure that's how it works. Otherwise why would they bother with a Rating stat instead of a Percentage stat, which would be much easier for people to understand?

I just checked in-game:

Black Widow at level 41
Brutal Rating of 57.0
Tooltip - 1.9%

Thing at level 34
Brutal Rating of 53.9
Tooltip - 2.2%

well that sucks. I have a colo that has 300%+800 for brutal but have a 0% of brutal. now i need to find a way to get a 25% or more chance.

inky

It also carries a penalty against bosses and champs, so it is worth it in only very few heroes I think. Mostly the ones that get it naturally on top of itemizing for it.

Xevren

well that sucks. I have a colo that has 300%+800 for brutal but have a 0% of brutal. now i need to find a way to get a 25% or more chance.

Rings/insignia's and synergies. No idea if they added it to gear. Also no idea if Colo can get it on his own but if not getting to that 25% is going to be difficult.

Vecks

I saw a rumor on social that they were planning on doing something for parties and legendary quests. I haven't seen any official word on it though.

GManDH

Why do you specifically need 25%?

Rings/insignia's and synergies. No idea if they added it to gear. Also no idea if Colo can get it on his own but if not getting to that 25% is going to be difficult.

his basic power is a non stop punch so i figure 25% means ill hit once every four times. The only reason why i want it is because it seems my damage is already strong so why not. he has a power that can increase the chances but it seems it increases it very little. heard wolv at 25 gives u synergy but i dont know how much. if i never get it, oo well i have fun as it is anyway.

J-Tier

If Ghost Rider can ride around on the bike for extended amounts of time, I'd be down with that. Ghost Rider has been pretty meh in other video games (Ultimate Alliance/MVC) where he was relegated to "fire chain dude."

inky

Maybe it is because I've been playing PoE too much, but Wolverine totally needs an item that changes some abilities to use health instead of spirit. It'll probably be completely OP, but who cares, everything is in this game!

Gothos

Hehe, I got the same quirk - move speed + attack speed FTW! :D

Anyway, next week is Black Friday, right? I really hope there will be some sale - I'm hoping for Spider-Man to drop to 900G or something like that :)

KePoW

Banned
Anyway, next week is Black Friday, right? I really hope there will be some sale - I'm hoping for Spider-Man to drop to 900G or something like that :)

Yeah Nov 29th. There are a couple things I've wanted to buy the past couple weeks, but I'm waiting until then to see what Gaz does.

inky

Patch notes are up: LINK

Won't post them here, but it's basically Gambit, a new power for Squirrel Girl, Iron Man's checkbook no longer occupies the helmet slot, item slot for cosmetic pets, and a bunch of improvements to the other kind of pets. Also, PvP stuff and some fixes for the stuttering issue.

Servers are down atm and will be up in 1-3 hrs.

Edit: 2.3 GB patch.

Vecks

Just looked at the asgard rewards thread. Didn't realize they changed it again. Doesn't make a difference to me though. There's no way I'd ever reach 200k contribution points. I think I have about 30k.

GManDH

so after playing the game this week a few questions have come up, in my mind.

Can PVP rings be as useful in PVE as they are in PVP, or is it better to have a PVE ring and a PVP ring?

is there a list of every mission in each chapter that way when you go to a lesser difficulty you know where to go?

it is much cheaper, and in my opinion better, to just buy the character then either buy their stash or buy an extra stash and use 1 new stash for every 2 new characters.

thats all for now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Had 3 uniques and 2 cosmics drop within 5 minutes of one another. It's like every time I feel like I need to upgrade my current Thor unique, the exact version drops for my level. Pretty fantastic.

Xevren

so after playing the game this week a few questions have come up, in my mind.

Can PVP rings be as useful in PVE as they are in PVP, or is it better to have a PVE ring and a PVP ring?

is there a list of every mission in each chapter that way when you go to a lesser difficulty you know where to go?

it is much cheaper, and in my opinion better, to just buy the character then either buy their stash or buy an extra stash and use 1 new stash for every 2 new characters.

thats all for now.

List of quests with rewards. No idea on the pvp stuff, I'll never try pvp in this game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Only difference is +2 to all skills, everything else is the same.

I have got 4 so far, of course I don't use any of those.

Yeah, I have two...Got one in the prologue and one from Living Laser. I used them both for a while for that +2 to all skills, but otherwise, they just take up space.

Gothos

Got Gambit from my second random box (swee animations). First one was Cable. 100 splinters left, now I'm saving them until 400 and gonna buy Spider next weekend regardless of the Black Friday sale :)

Top Bottom