• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

This is weird, I just got this in MM:

y7CbOO4.png

Either I got super lucky, that specific armor piece has a very small pool of affixes it can roll, or cosmics have a chance to roll the exact same stats of an item you are wearing. I'm not complaining, but it had never happened before to me.

KePoW

Banned
Lol, nice item. Probably just random chance, considering the millions of items that are generated every day.

Like you said, you haven't gotten something like it before and you've played a lot.

Wallach

This is weird, I just got this in MM:

Either I got super lucky, that specific armor piece has a very small pool of affixes it can roll, or cosmics have a chance to roll the exact same stats of an item you are wearing. I'm not complaining, but it had never happened before to me.

That slot as a whole has a very rigid structure. It will almost always have 1-2 X% tree cost reductions, 1-2 defensive modifiers (defense, damage type defense, dodge), 1 utility (damage versus attacking/not attacking, spirit) and 1 power grant.

How is Gambit? I don't like the character himself, but I'm debating whether I should pick him up or not.

I may be a little biased against Gambit since Gaz elected to ignore 75% of the feedback given for him (which would've made him really fun), but I find him to be so-so. I missed the TC build with all the final changes so I didn't get to test his late game, but early game his gameplay style is meh. Most of his skills aren't worth investing in and his survivability is poor. He gets better skills later on and has some solid uniques so there's a chance he could step out of mediocrity, but I would say wait on getting him since you say you don't like the character.

Hm, that's a shame, but not entirely unexpected. I've warmed up on Cable in the game because I enjoyed playing him, so I was hoping Gambit would be a similar case, but if he's meh, then I won't waste my breath on him (for now at least).

I have to get back to playing again anyway, most of my characters I haven't even touched yet, and there's still Loki to get through the story.

Gothos

How is Gambit? I don't like the character himself, but I'm debating whether I should pick him up or not.

Almost everyone is complaining at him in chat. I fully expect a patch in the next week or so buffing him up - I think they just wanted him out before Thanksgiving...

Lord Phol

I find him really fun, his powers are diverse and authentic to the character. The gfx effects are great looking and the animations and sound effects varied. Haven't had any problems so far with his damage output, more like the opposite, tearing bosses a new a-hole in mere seconds. Do note that Im only in my teens atm so things could change later on, but numbers are easy to adjust in patches. The important thing is Im having really fun, and having played pretty much every hero to 15 I can say without a doubt he's in my top 5 of most enjoyable heroes. But each to his/her own!

Gothos

Ooo, I didn't know that buying G takes money from Steam Wallet :D Just sold some crappy rare/uncommon items from Dota 2 on the community market which will basically sponsor me one 900G hero :D

Jeez. Sad to hear everyone complaining. I actually am finding Gambit Fun. I guess everyone just wants their hero to be OP.

If you can't face roll through the game, the character is considered "not fun".

They keep buffing everyone making other characters not fun. Its going to get worse as they add more and PvP opens a whole new can of beans.

If you can't face roll through the game, the character is considered "not fun".

Nah, it has very little to do with that and being "op". The bigger problem with Gambit is that quite a few of his attacks lack viability and practicality. If you're going for efficiency and min/maxing, there aren't very many options available. If you take some of these lesser skills and make them more usable and far less situational, he'd be a significantly more interesting character. No need to even change the damage output of said skills.

Gambit isn't a bad character by any means, he just needs some polish is all. Coming right after Loki (who was pretty well made), it's hard not to expect a little more.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Leveling has slowed down pretty hard at 46. I think part of the issue is having to go to all the WP's in Superheroic in order to farm Legendary Quests.

I also discovered that I have a Thor chest piece that grants God Blast rank 3 for a level 3 Thor. I guess if I ever feel inclined to prestige, I'll know how to make the first 10-20 levels an absolute joke.

Vecks

Leveling does slow down a lot by the late 40's early 50's. Still more manageable than most free-to-play games. I still remember the horrible days as a young lad playing maple story. It took like 10 hours to level up once. And it wasn't even near the level cap.

Anyway, my crafter is almost 19. Soon... soon I will random a costume.

KePoW

Banned
Leveling does slow down a lot by the late 40's early 50's. Still more manageable than most free-to-play games. I still remember the horrible days as a young lad playing maple story. It took like 10 hours to level up once. And it wasn't even near the level cap.

Yeah I still think it's reasonable.

Starting from 40s to 50s, it's definitely noticeably slower. But if you stack a +50% XP potion boost with a +100% XP bar boost, and then just keep doing Legendary quests it's still quite fast.

I still have tons of those boost items from fortune cards. I probably have around 40 of the +50% ones, and maybe 20 of the +100%

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Haha wtf, that would be ridiculous.

Yeah, apparently I saved it early on after using it. I was the minority in saying Thor felt crazy OP/broken early on...But now I see why. Having God Blast at level 3 is just silly. MM is hilariously easy.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah, apparently I saved it early on after using it. I was the minority in saying Thor felt crazy OP/broken early on...But now I see why. Having God Blast at level 3 is just silly. MM is hilariously easy.

Wow I had no idea you could get a level 3 item with God Blast on it. That would be completely insane, lol.

Gothos

Black Friday sale confirmed. 25% discount on selected items so nothing special... God, they are really greedy bastards...

Vecks

I hope they do something special for the holidays next month.
25% is pretty disappointing but, from what I've seen, it's pretty much what I expected. Hopefully it includes stash.

Gothos

I wonder how long this game can be supported only by typical Marvel fanboys who spent 200$ on Ultimate Packs etc. We'll see. At one point they must realize that selling more at lower prices is better then selling less for higher ones, right? RIGHT?

I still say the game would do much better if it were possible to earn store money in game in limited quantities. People would still buy shit, but I doubt anyone is all too keen on paying 5 dollars equivalent for a single fucking general inventory tab.

J-Tier

Wow, that's a terrible sale. Gazillion, what the hell are you guys doing?

The only people who are going to buy at that price are people who are already invested...dropping the prices significantly would've yielded more purchases/profits in the end....whatever.

inky

Wow, that's a terrible sale. Gazillion, what the hell are you guys doing?

Yea, their idea of what a sale is really sucks. They need some Steam lessons of: going 50-75-80% off on some things usually multiplies your revenue by a lot more than 25% sales.#Gabentruthfact

Don't try to argue that on the official forums tho, or you won't get enough of: "It's a F2P game, you don't have to buy anything" "eternity splinters are there, they are giving you heroes for free" "it's a business, Gaz has to make money" "$15 heroes and $20 costumes is totally fair, I would pay twice that" etc, etc.

I wonder how long this game can be supported only by typical Marvel fanboys who spent 200$ on Ultimate Packs etc. We'll see. At one point they must realize that selling more at lower prices is better then selling less for higher ones, right? RIGHT?

I dunno, see lot of players who quickly gobble up the new character as soon as it's added. Really doubt people have saved up splinters all these times. They add a new character to the game, and people are buying the shit out of them. The amount of Lokis when he came out... ugh.

But yea the pricing is bad, if they were more reasonable I would be willing to buy characters on a regular basis to support the game. Outside of my founder character buy, I have given them no money.

People argue that it's a f2p game, yea so what, if they lowered prices and had more better sales, they would surely be making a ton more money off the player base instead of trying to gouge the whales.

Gothos

I dunno, see lot of players who quickly gobble up the new character as soon as it's added. Really doubt people have saved up splinters all these times. They add a new character to the game, and people are buying the shit out of them. The amount of Lokis when he came out... ugh.

Yea, I know. This game has solid group of people who are spending money on consistent basis, no doubt about it, but question is, can they support that game long enough? I'm not so sure - Gaz should be aiming for the 'common folk' not for the small per cent of game population which buys every new hero the moment it's out.
Of course we don't know what's their deal with Marvel - licensing costs might be a killer and those prices might be dictated in circumstances where Gazz has no wiggle room. We'll see how it goes in the coming months...

Oh, and I got this unique for my Spidey yesterday. Quite a beast, gonna need to level up my crafter ASAP to upgrade it later on :)

rfIXbM2.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yea, their idea of what a sale is really sucks. They need some Steam lessons of: going 50-75-80% off on some things usually multiplies your revenue by a lot more than 25% sales.#Gabentruthfact

Don't try to argue that on the official forums tho, or you won't get enough of: "It's a F2P game, you don't have to buy anything" "eternity splinters are there, they are giving you heroes for free" "it's a business, Gaz has to make money" "$15 heroes and $20 costumes is totally fair, I would pay twice that" etc, etc.

Man, the forums fill up with SO much Gaz dick sucking when someone complains about prices and sales...

That said, at 25% off, I probably won't buy anything. I was HOPING they would do something closer to 50% off stash tabs or something - that I would probably buy. But 25% off doesn't seem worth it to me for anything.

Man, the forums fill up with SO much Gaz dick sucking when someone complains about prices and sales...

That said, at 25% off, I probably won't buy anything. I was HOPING they would do something closer to 50% off stash tabs or something - that I would probably buy. But 25% off doesn't seem worth it to me for anything.

People argued prices for a long time, but most of those gave up or left. All that is left are the Gaz fanboys who are happily tossing money at them.

I believe the crafting system can upgrade uniques only. I'm currently at craft level 16 and the option hasn't come up for cosmics. I know you can re-roll cosmic items though.

Top Bottom