• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Gothos

W00t, good day today, just got Rocket Raccoon Guardian of the Galaxy Marvel Now! costume from Doc Oc. in green terminal :D Perfect drop since I'm gonna get him sooner or later :)

Vecks

W00t, good day today, just got Rocket Raccoon Guardian of the Galaxy Marvel Now! costume from Doc Oc. in green terminal :D Perfect drop since I'm gonna get him sooner or later :)

Congrats! At this point, I've given up on ever finding any costume, so it's nice to know they still can drop.

KePoW

Banned
Congrats! At this point, I've given up on ever finding any costume, so it's nice to know they still can drop.

Have you played the game a good amount? I've gotten several costume drops since launch, and at least 5 from fortune cards (but not the one I *really* want).

Vecks

Have you played the game a good amount? I've gotten several costume drops since launch, and at least 5 from fortune cards (but not the one I *really* want).

250 hours according to Steam. Maybe 3rd time
s a hundred hours
the charm.

inky

250 hours according to Steam. Maybe 3rd time
s a hundred hours
the charm.

I'm at twice that, still no costume. I run T4 reds all the time too. One day! =D

Speaking of, digging through some posts on rarity and SIF boosts on the official forums is really hilarious disheartening. The bottom line is: they are useless. I know, duh, everyone knows that, but to the extent in which they are is really the thing.

I know gaffers are smart and already don't buy them, which is fine. I'm speaking more in theoretical terms here. In games like Diablo 3 and even Path of Exile, rarity is a stat that works with noticeable effects over a not so long period of time. But the benefits in this game are negligible to the point it is not even worth it to gear for it, let alone pay $1 for an hour of 50-100% increased chance.

According to one of the community managers, their internal testing show that they do work as intended, over a sample of 10,000 items dropped, so if anyone wants to do that sort of testing please go ahead and post results :p Just don't send me the bill.

inky

Oh, Black Friday sales are up:

Bundles

Superior Spider-Man Enhanced 2900 -> 2175
Beta Ray Bill Enhanced 2500 -> 1875
Colossus 1500 -> 1125
Squirrel Girl 1450 -> 1075
Avengers Assemble 6000 -> 4500
X-Force 6000 -> 4500

ALL Fortune Card Boxes 3000 -> 2250

Heroes

Deadpool 1350 -> 1000
Spider-man 1350 -> 1000
Iron Man 1350 -> 1000
Squirrel Girl 750 -> 550
All 450 G Heroes -> 325

Items

Pets 900 -> 700
Crafter card -> 900 -> 700
STASH card 700 -> 525
Weapon Vendor card 700 -> 525

Costumes

Almost all 25% off

Stash tabs? *crickets*

I should've waited on that Squirrel Girl pack :p

Oh, Black Friday sales are up:

Stash tabs? *crickets*

=(

Although 25% off the bundles is actually not that bad since they're already decently priced (relatively speaking here). For essentially $2 more than the Superior SM costume's regular price, you can get the bundle with the character and stash.

KePoW

Banned
I'm at twice that, still no costume. I run T4 reds all the time too. One day! =D

Speaking of, digging through some posts on rarity and SIF boosts on the official forums is really hilarious disheartening. The bottom line is: they are useless. I know, duh, everyone knows that, but to the extent in which they are is really the thing.

I know gaffers are smart and already don't buy them, which is fine. I'm speaking more in theoretical terms here. In games like Diablo 3 and even Path of Exile, rarity is a stat that works with noticeable effects over a not so long period of time. But the benefits in this game are negligible to the point it is not even worth it to gear for it, let alone pay $1 for an hour of 50-100% increased chance.

According to one of the community managers, their internal testing show that they do work as intended, over a sample of 10,000 items dropped, so if anyone wants to do that sort of testing please go ahead and post results :p Just don't send me the bill.

Yeah I would never specifically gear for SIF/Rarity, and certainly never buy those boosts.

I do have tons of the boost items from Fortune Cards though, so I pop them when I'm gonna start a long play-session.

Gothos

How feasible is it to play this game without spending money?

Much more than in June :) You've got much cooler choice of starter heroes now so just pick well and I doubt you will have to spend any money on it if you really don't want to.

Vecks

Pretty feasible... unless you like to hoard things. I didn't spend any money for months. But then I figured I might as well dump in 10 for a chance of steam booster pack.

One of my stash tabs is almost completely full of artifacts. Half of them are junk, but I can't just throw them away.

KePoW

Banned

Very feasible, as long as you don't have a mental thing where you expect to play all 25+ classes.

(Well I do think think spending 5 or 10 bucks on extra bank tabs would be highly recommended. Past that, nothing is really necessary.)

Gaz should extend the 25% off deal to the stashes and then just make these the new default prices. Looking through the store, these are much more appealing prices all around.

inky

Supposedly +50% boost to xp,rif and sif until 12/2. Time to do some leveling.

LOL, want to know what I think? *puts tin foil hat on* That they actually turned it on a bit higher than that at first. This was my inventory at some point after doing 1 1/2 T4 red terminals. Second pic is boss + 1 champ loot ~4 minutes after:

MK0njqq.png

fhh2xay.png

It doesn't show but I actually got a fortune card as well, it's one of the potions in the stack. It was so weird I had to take some screenshots.

Next terminal everything was back to normal, lol.

inky

RNG broski !

Hey, it's happened before! Once they turned it on incorrectly (2500% rarity iirc) and everything was spitting out uniques for a few minutes :p

Or maybe it was RNGsus because I complain too much. I also got this:

ON1zI8f.png

LOL, OK. I think my current unique there is still better.

Blank!

So many artifacts dropping today, I'm almost on my 4th stash full of artifacts. I should probably order them around some and start trading. I probably have a few gems in there just... buried.

Finally got a pym's shrinking but think the stats roll was low. Now just a question of who do I give it too... seems like "the" artifact for a lot of melee heroes (and some ranged, like Hawkeye).

Also bought Ironman. What a beast of a character. I know there's the XP bonus going on, but the clear speed between him and Wolverine is crazy at early levels. Probably helps that Ironman actually gets good abilities early on and Wolverine... well... :( I can fire and forget half my shit in different directions and get the enemy detection to smack them before they even see me. Actually makes that shield artifact you get incredibly damaging.

KePoW

Banned
I got tons of artifacts tonight too... inky might have been right, I think the server bonus boost was mistakenly set more than +50%, lol.

Finished leveling my Legendary. Gonna take whatever extra time I have this week for leveling. Any suggestions on which character to go for next? Only prerequisite is that they have good AoE early on. My two 60s are Cyclops and Jean so my expectation of quality AoE is pretty high. Doesn't matter what character since if I don't have them I have enough shards to buy a new character.

Finished leveling my Legendary. Gonna take whatever extra time I have this week for leveling. Any suggestions on which character to go for next? Only prerequisite is that they have good AoE early on. My two 60s are Cyclops and Jean so my expectation of quality AoE is pretty high. Doesn't matter what character since if I don't have them I have enough shards to buy a new character.

Torch's AoE is pretty good and he gets Scorching Pyre (his super good AoE skill) early. Iron Man's AoE gets beastly too, though you only have Pulse Bolt early on.

So is leveling going to have a purpose finally anytime soon? Any word on when any type of "endgame" major content will appear. I do wonder if they would even bother locking any content at this point to max levels though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So is leveling going to have a purpose finally anytime soon? Any word on when any type of "endgame" major content will appear. I do wonder if they would even bother locking any content at this point to max levels though.

I read a Gaz post about raids once, is that still a thing?

Gothos

Just FYI guys, two codes are still working:

IM3HRTBREAKER - free costume for Iron Man (better than the default one, imho)
RETCON-0813 - free retcon device

GManDH

Yup. The first one is coming with the December update I think. It might be pushed to January, but it is definitely part of the continued Asgard chapters.

I cant wait for this. and i know they said they dont want to put the best gear in the raids, but i honestly think that you should have a chance of getting better gear in raids. i think between PVP, Raids, and story, there is plenty to do. sure it might be repetitive at times, but its still fun. Also next wed i will start a new character. anyone want to play through story together??

inky

So I asked in the chat, but no one really answered. Does anyone own the semi new enhanced SpiderMan costume? I have seen some videos, but I'm not convinced. I was thinking of buying some stuff, namely Storm, Daredevil, one of the 900 heroes and a couple of costumes. But maybe the Spidey pack is also worth it, so I might consider it.
Thoughts?

DrBo42

I cant wait for this. and i know they said they dont want to put the best gear in the raids, but i honestly think that you should have a chance of getting better gear in raids. i think between PVP, Raids, and story, there is plenty to do. sure it might be repetitive at times, but its still fun. Also next wed i will start a new character. anyone want to play through story together??

I'll level my Spoderman with you. I'm AtomsForPeace in the supergroup.

Vecks

I thought they had decided to ignore the steam store (they had only 2 hero packs since release), but they actually added some hero packs on steam store today. Pretty sure it's the same stuff as the MH web store. Same 25% discount.

GManDH

So I asked in the chat, but no one really answered. Does anyone own the semi new enhanced SpiderMan costume? I have seen some videos, but I'm not convinced. I was thinking of buying some stuff, namely Storm, Daredevil, one of the 900 heroes and a couple of costumes. But maybe the Spidey pack is also worth it, so I might consider it.
Thoughts?

I'll level my Spoderman with you. I'm AtomsForPeace in the supergroup.

I thought they had decided to ignore the steam store (they had only 2 hero packs since release), but they actually added some hero packs on steam store today. Pretty sure it's the same stuff as the MH web store. Same 25% discount.

I have not seen this new costume, but do you really want to buy a costume?? its just stuff to look cool. i would love to do at least normal difficulty with a spiderman. let me warn you, i do not know how to pick skills, so if u can help me pick deadpool skills ill be happy. i did hear ppl complain about buying stuff 2 days ago and losing money so they are going backwards to compensate and idk bout price matching the steam store but there was a mention of that on facebook.

KePoW

Banned
Anyone know what would be considered the best Legendary for Deadpool?

I have done zero reading on the different ones so far. But now I just hit 300 odin marks... would appreciate any info!

KePoW

Banned
Thoughts?

I don't have it myself, but I've seen a good number of people in-game. Looks pretty cool to me, and all the voices sound different from default Spider-Man.

I don't know the story of Superior Spider-Man, so don't spoil it for me haha.

KePoW

Banned
I have not seen this new costume, but do you really want to buy a costume?? its just stuff to look cool.

I've bought a good number of costumes, I think that's one of the best parts of the game lol. But I'm a comic fan.

You just use the default costume for all your characters?

GManDH

I've bought a good number of costumes, I think that's one of the best parts of the game lol. But I'm a comic fan.

You just use the default costume for all your characters?

well i got the ultimate pack so i dont have a charcter yet that is default. and i dont know if im going to buy gambit and loki yet, or if i will use splinters. i can understand wanting one, but not so much buying one. not dissing it, just saying not my cup. and since you mentioned deadpool can u give me some tips, in game or through gaf, on which powers i should focus on and power up at certain levels??

inky

I have not seen this new costume, but do you really want to buy a costume?? its just stuff to look cool.

Didn't you buy the $200 pack? I like costumes, and if I fork $5-$10 for one I want to feel it is worth it.

I don't have it myself, but I've seen a good number of people in-game. Looks pretty cool to me, and all the voices sound different from default Spider-Man.

I don't know the story of Superior Spider-Man, so don't spoil it for me haha.

I don't know the story either, so I can't tell you. It looks OK I think, nothing amazing (pun intended :p) I just don't like the default Spiderman voice, but I'd like to play the character sometime and might was well take advantage of the discount, because I don't think I'll be buying the character with splinters.

I'm pretty indecisive on this stuff as you can see, sorry, and the thing I'm sure will happen is an enhanced costume I DO care about will be released in the future and I'll look back at this one and think I probably should've saved the Gs. I'll probably just wait a bit and get something else in the meantime.

Thoughts?

Well the Test Center is up with a fresh pack of Gs if you want to try it out yourself. It's the best SM costume IMO for the cocky SpOck voice from Christopher Daniel Barnes, which is much better than his default. Anything in particular about it you want to see/know?

inky

Well the Test Center is up with a fresh pack of Gs if you want to try it out yourself. It's the best SM costume IMO for the cocky SpOck voice from Christopher Daniel Barnes, which is much better than his default. Anything in particular about it you want to see/know?

Just what is the extent of the Enhanced-ness and opinions on why people think it's worth it. I know the voice over is all different, which is a big plus, but I'd like to know about animations and stuff as well. If I had a choice I would've loved the Symbiote version, but that's never gonna happen now.

I'll have to download the Test Center soon I guess. I really don't want to, but it's the best way to really test this stuff before I pay any money for anything and it saves me having to bother people here and on chat about this stuff.

Thanks!

KePoW

Banned
Just what is the extent of the Enhanced-ness and opinions on why people think it's worth it. I know the voice over is all different, which is a big plus, but I'd like to know about animations and stuff as well. If I had a choice I would've loved the Symbiote version, but that's never gonna happen now.

Yeah I want the Symbiote one, so that exclusive crap pisses me off. What about for all the players who didn't even know about the game in alpha/beta?

DrBo42

I'll have to download the Test Center soon I guess. I really don't want to, but it's the best way to really test this stuff before I pay any money for anything and it saves me having to bother people here and on chat about this stuff.

Thanks!

Just bought it and IMO it's not worth it. Seems to be just a normal suit and VO. Portrait makes it seem like the legs deploy from that backpack device on the costume but that doesn't seem to occur or at least I haven't seen it. Maybe something special tied to signature/ult. I'd say pass.

Just bought it and IMO it's not worth it. Seems to be just a normal suit and VO. Portrait makes it seem like the legs deploy from that backpack device on the costume but that doesn't seem to occur or at least I haven't seen it. Maybe something special tied to signature/ult. I'd say pass.

Yeah they only come out when you do emotes unfortunately. Would've been nice to have them show with certain attacks or even pop out at random times just for visual effect.

Top Bottom