• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
and since you mentioned deadpool can u give me some tips, in game or through gaf, on which powers i should focus on and power up at certain levels??

Sure I can tell you what I use on my DP. But just understand that I don't research builds or tree calculators, I just try things myself and respec how I feel.

I use melee Basic attack. For my main damage powers, I use caltrops and Shoot All The Bullets.

Remaining points go into passives, mainly the ones for healing factor / dodge / crit.

I also have some 1-pt powers for flavor.

inky

FNfGUb8.png

Woo, finally! feelsgood.jpg

I noticed that the game's fun level increases exponentially if you like the character.

I know right! With Luke Cage and Loki (2 of my favorite characters to play as, and also favorite characters of mine generally), the game is incredibly fun, so much so that I don't even mind grinding away in the utterly boring areas of the game. :)

I think one of those 2 is gonna be the first Level 60 I'll get to.

Gothos

Good days lately, just got another fantastic unique for my Spidey:

kphNBhO.jpg

What a thing of beauty. Just one more level until I can equip it :)

inky

Guys, guys...I bought a random box. ¬¬
I hate myself

I my defense it was kind of an accident. Right-clicking hero tokens prompts a confirmation option, but not boxes. Oh well.

inky we should play some time again. :C

Sure, hit me up if you seem me online and we can party =)

inky

Funnily enough, the exact same token I got last time I opened a box: Ms Marvel and why I said I'd stop doing it. (I already owned her then).

At least she has a powerful ulti which will be level 3 when I get to her! If they don't change it by then that is.

KePoW

Banned
Funnily enough, the exact same token I got last time I opened a box: Ms Marvel and why I said I'd stop doing it.

At least she has a powerful ulti which will be level 3 when I get to her! If they don't change it by then that is.

Haha sweet! Ms. Marvel's ultimate is one of the best in the game actually.

J-Tier

Groups of guys (clearly planned) in PvP with Madame Hydra Medals...where the effects stack/cycle for every one of them giving them invulnerability.

Overpowered...

Funnily enough, the exact same token I got last time I opened a box: Ms Marvel and why I said I'd stop doing it. (I already owned her then).

Yeah my last 5 random boxes are 3 human torch, 1 thing, 1 daredevil. I'll just grind out the 400 splinters for now on even though it's less exciting.

Randomly ran into inky earlier when going through Norway. :p

So I brought Loki from Chapter 4 until (current) end of Chapter 9. First Level 30 hero too!

Vecks

Groups of guys (clearly planned) in PvP with Madame Hydra Medals...where the effects stack/cycle for every one of them giving them invulnerability.

Overpowered...

I'm ignoring PvP for a month or two. Sounds like it needs a ton of fixing.

GManDH

I'm ignoring PvP for a month or two. Sounds like it needs a ton of fixing.

dont. now is the best time. u can get a bunch of stuff and all the defeats will reset.

been leveing up colo in MM. wow its exhausting. its not the grind its just the constant running around that exhausts me. AGAIN exhausts not annoy or anything. but its been fun. i can do a level in bout 60-90 mins with this special.

The PVP is mind numbingly boring, especially with how it's just one long corridor of battle that can just go back and forth for a long time. And holy crap at how unbalanced it is.

yogloo

Goddamn it. I missed the sale. I was planning to buy ironman during the sale and I forgot about it. I wonder when will we have the next sale.

Wait. Nevermind. I'm blind as a bat.

I just spent all day playing nothing but Punisher. I consider him and Widow to be the most fun characters to play. There is so much variety with Punishers arsenal. I use his shotty, pisol, sniper rifle and LMG and they all give me satisfying kills.
I really am a gun person, when it comes to MH. Killing with lasers, lightning bolts or melee etc, just isnt anywhere near as much fun as it is with guns.

KePoW

Banned
I just spent all day playing nothing but Punisher. I consider him and Widow to be the most fun characters to play. There is so much variety with Punishers arsenal. I use his shotty, pisol, sniper rifle and LMG and they all give me satisfying kills.
I really am a gun person, when it comes to MH. Killing with lasers, lightning bolts or melee etc, just isnt anywhere near as much fun as it is with guns.

You don't use the flamethrower? That looks pretty cool too lol

I decided to activate the 7 or so rarity boosts I have stored up to work in conjunction with the server boost and head into MM and pretty much every boss I drop got me at least one artifact. Also got a few uniques for several of my heroes aswell. Whoo!

inky

Heh, this is pretty neat:

iPpsup7.png

OK, let's try one of these:

BH6XMHr.png

NbNFJFQ.png

Meh. I guess I'll buy Deadpool?
That's your plan, Gazillion, isn't it?

Gothos

So, my Spidey made it to Heroic yesterday and bascially I spend my whole time since then in terminals/Midtown and made to 41lvl which means I'm way over the lvl req. for Heroic story which I stopped playing in Chapter 1 or 2. Question: is there a point in doing it anyway?

And today my 3rd unique for Spidey dropped - this time it's web shooters :D So I'm rocking 3 uniques on him at lvl 41 - rng been good to me :)

Xevren

I love that Groot insignia on Rocket, I have a blue one that has a 5.7% chance.

So, my Spidey made it to Heroic yesterday and bascially I spend my whole time since then in terminals/Midtown and made to 41lvl which means I'm way over the lvl req. for Heroic story which I stopped playing in Chapter 1 or 2. Question: is there a point in doing it anyway?

For the stat bonuses and extra skill points yeah. I'd still say it's worth it to just do legendary quests unless you really don't care about going for blessings or the legendaries.

Vecks

And today my 3rd unique for Spidey dropped - this time it's web shooters :D So I'm rocking 3 uniques on him at lvl 41 - rng been good to me :)

I always just do the story quests whenever a legendary in that area pops up. It may not be as efficient as rerolling into midtown, but I prefer going around and doing random stuff.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hit 50 with Thor yesterday. I was talking about this in SG chat, but grouping up in MM is crazy smart. If you're rolling for MM Legendaries, you complete them across map, even if you don't kill any of the targeted monsters yourself. It's fantastic AND quick.

Also, I noticed that I was getting artifact drops like mad. I think I had like 8 artifact drops in the 2 hours I was on. Nutty.

Vecks

These boosts are killing me. I think I played way too much this weekend. The 50's feel really fast with exp boosts. Almost have 3 maxed heroes now. On top of the nice exp--I got a 10 splinter (my first one), found a pet from a fortune card, found a zigg and gave it to colossus. Now... if only I could find some unstable molecules.

inky

I got an unstable molecule today. Ya, I couldn't believe it either. :p I guess those candybars I stacked for 2 hours paid off.

I still don't know why they are so rare but they made it so since the 1.0 patch.

44 splinters away from getting Gambit.
Since I got Loki through normal mode, I've been doing Midtown cause it usually equals lots of good stuff to drop, which luckily it did. I've got 2 uniques for Loki (the golden apple and the armor) within minutes of each other, which is pretty damn cool.

Jtrizzy

Hey so I was looking to play with some others sometime if anyone has players on similar levels, let's play. You can add me from the GAF Marvel Heroes group on steam (Jtrizzy754)

Black Widow/Thing/Hawk Eye/Storm-1
Cable-8
Cap/Loki/Deadpool-14
Hulk/Jean Grey 16
Spider Man-18
Emma Frost/Thor/Wolverine-21
Gambit-28
Iron Man-34

Hey so I was looking to play with some others sometime if anyone has players on similar levels, let's play. You can add me from the GAF Marvel Heroes group on steam (Jtrizzy754)

Black Widow/Thing/Hawk Eye/Storm-1
Cable-8
Cap/Loki/Deadpool-14
Hulk/Jean Grey 16
Spider Man-18
Emma Frost/Thor/Wolverine-21
Gambit-28
Iron Man-34

Oh, sure. Hit me up some time, ign is RedArremer (no space). Just joined the MarvelGAF group too.

Here's my current level spread:
Loki - 43 (soon to be more I guess)
Luke Cage - 30
Rocket Raccoon - 27
Ms. Marvel, Black Widow - 15
Scarlet Witch - 14
Thor, Punisher, Deadpool, Hulk - 10
Human Torch - 9
Squirrel Girl - 7
Emma - 5
Cyclops - 2 (lol idk)
Everybody else - 1

Jtrizzy

Oh, sure. Hit me up some time, ign is RedArremer (no space). Just joined the MarvelGAF group too.

Cool, I just added you. That is the one thing I haven't liked about this game compared to Diablo 3...in D3 I was always in a group, even mostly with randoms it felt like more of a co op type experience than this does. I love this game, but I'm almost always alone or getting into groups they put you when you go into a dungeon.

So, while farming for Eternity Splinters for Gambit (whom I've gotten now!), I went through the subway station with Shocker on Superheroic, and got Loki's unique for the head slot (Crown of Lies) to drop for me on the way. That thing's just stupid haha.

LuuKyK

After playing with Emma for quite some time now, why does she seem so weak? Am I doing something wrong? After playing Storm for so long she just seems underpowered. I am guessing the characters with Area powers are way easier to handle in the game...

KePoW

Banned
After playing with Emma for quite some time now, why does she seem so weak? Am I doing something wrong? After playing Storm for so long she just seems underpowered. I am guessing the characters with Area powers are way easier to handle in the game...

I wouldn't say she's weak, but she's definitely not an OP hero.

I find that the pet you choose makes a big difference. I use one that has an AoE buff to attack speed and movespeed.

Her AoE is actually not bad in my opinion. I mainly use that cone power in the Telepath tree... don't remember the name but it's in the first tier.

I haven't tried Diamond yet because I like to see a hero's costume. But apparently it's better than Telepath.

inky

Second random costume, second costume for a character I don't own. (BP Wakandan Tech). could've been worse I guess.

LuuKyK

I wouldn't say she's weak, but she's definitely not an OP hero.

I find that the pet you choose makes a big difference. I use one that has an AoE buff to attack speed and movespeed.

Her AoE is actually not bad in my opinion. I mainly use that cone power in the Telepath tree... don't remember the name but it's in the first tier.

I haven't tried Diamond yet because I like to see a hero's costume. But apparently it's better than Telepath.

Yeah, its one of her starters. I mainly use that too. Its her most useful power or so it seems. I also have yet to find a good "pet" for her. They seem useless most of the time imo, unless they are attracting mobs to them and making me not take much damage.

I tried her diamond form, and honestly, I don't see much difference in the dmg you take. Its stronger apparently, but it uses way too much spirit (at least now) so its hard to keep using it, and the fact that the moment you use her telepathy power it leaves from diamond form is quite annoying because you are constantly pressing the left mouse button, even if accidentally.

I don't know, she is a weird/hard character to use. This considering I am what I would call a more casual player, of course.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah, its one of her starters. I mainly use that too. Its her most useful power or so it seems. I also have yet to find a good "pet" for her. They seem useless most of the time imo, unless they are attracting mobs to them and making me not take much damage.

I tried her diamond form, and honestly, I don't see much difference in the dmg you take. Its stronger apparently, but it uses way too much spirit (at least now) so its hard to keep using it, and the fact that the moment you use her telepathy power it leaves from diamond form is quite annoying because you are constantly pressing the left mouse button, even if accidentally.

I don't know, she is a weird/hard character to use. This considering I am what I would call a more casual player, of course.

For the pets that increase your attack speed and movespeed, it definitely helps you kill faster and kill more quickly.

For example, it makes Emma's two basic telepath attacks go from 2.0 speed to 2.6 which is a significant difference. Your DPS is definitely much higher with that buff, and I imagine it helps Diamond specs even more.

The most important thing to look for in a pet is the "Movement Speed Aura" that KePoW mentioned. It will give you not only a lot of movement speed but all the attack speed you'll ever need too. If you want a strong pet on top of that, grab an AIM Incinerator from the AIM MODOK terminal. And since you say you have pet tanking issues, drop one point into Inspire Minion which will allow it to taunt all mobs around it every 30 seconds.

The difference in damage taken comes from her diamond armor. If you don't have it up, she'll get smashed, but between using Diamond Heart and either of her diamond basic attacks, you shouldn't have any problem tanking anything that's level appropriate for you (especially with your pet's aura). If you're running diamond, I'd suggest just removing all her telepath powers from your bars. Telepathic Vortex is the only attack in that tree worth using as diamond Emma.

As a whole though, she's definitely not as strong as some of the other heroes right now, but the bright side is the devs have acknowledged this and she will be getting a decent bump in the Dec. balance patch.

LuuKyK

For the pets that increase your attack speed and movespeed, it definitely helps you kill faster and kill more quickly.

For example, it makes Emma's two basic telepath attacks go from 2.0 speed to 2.6 which is a significant difference. Your DPS is definitely much higher with that buff, and I imagine it helps Diamond specs even more.

The most important thing to look for in a pet is the "Movement Speed Aura" that KePoW mentioned. It will give you not only a lot of movement speed but all the attack speed you'll ever need too. If you want a strong pet on top of that, grab an AIM Incinerator from the AIM MODOK terminal. And since you say you have pet tanking issues, drop one point into Inspire Minion which will allow it to taunt all mobs around it every 30 seconds.

The difference in damage taken comes from her diamond armor. If you don't have it up, she'll get smashed, but between using Diamond Heart and either of her diamond basic attacks, you shouldn't have any problem tanking anything that's level appropriate for you (especially with your pet's aura). If you're running diamond, I'd suggest just removing all her telepath powers from your bars. Telepathic Vortex is the only attack in that tree worth using as diamond Emma.

As a whole though, she's definitely not as strong as some of the other heroes right now, but the bright side is the devs have acknowledged this and she will be getting a decent bump in the Dec. balance patch.

I see. Thanks for the help guys. Will try to adapt that to my Emma strategy them.

Top Bottom