• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Her AoE is actually not bad in my opinion. I mainly use that cone power in the Telepath tree... don't remember the name but it's in the first tier.

I haven't tried Diamond yet because I like to see a hero's costume. But apparently it's better than Telepath.

Ive been using Emma for the last few days and like you, I dont use her melee, because I want to see her costume (that I paid $9 for!).
Its interesting that you use her cone attack for AOE. I assumed it sucked, because it was a power you can access so early, and went with her whirlpool/vortex looking attack instead, for AOE.
I would like to see Emma "kneel before me" attack do more damage. Maybe as much as Thors God Blast?
As Emma, Ive been one-shotted sooo many times by Juggs and Rhino, when I either mistime the kneel before me attack, or they just plain ignore it. lol
Overall, I can get on ok with Emma, but she really seems to lack the firepower of some of my other heroes.
I have over 800 splinters saved and I think Im going to buy Cable and Wolvie next.

KePoW

Banned
Ive been using Emma for the last few days and like you, I dont use her melee, because I want to see her costume (that I paid $9 for!).
Its interesting that you use her cone attack for AOE. I assumed it sucked, because it was a power you can access so early, and went with her whirlpool/vortex looking attack instead, for AOE.
I would like to see Emma "kneel before me" attack do more damage. Maybe as much as Thors God Blast?
As Emma, Ive been one-shotted sooo many times by Juggs and Rhino, when I either mistime the kneel before me attack, or they just plain ignore it. lol
Overall, I can get on ok with Emma, but she really seems to lack the firepower of some of my other heroes.
I have over 800 splinters saved and I think Im going to buy Cable and Wolvie next.

The cone attack actually scales up well, the more points you put into it. It does good sustained AoE damage if you max it, and the length of the area is surprising.

Like you, I find Kneel Before Me underwhelming. Just takes too long to go off. I had it maxed before to try it out, but I removed it from my build recently.

I still max Sudden Dread for filler.

The cone attack actually scales up well, the more points you put into it. It does good sustained AoE damage if you max it, and the length of the area is surprising.

Like you, I find Kneel Before Me underwhelming. Just takes too long to go off. I had it maxed before to try it out, but I removed it from my build recently.

I still max Sudden Dread for filler.

I'll have another look at the cone attack tonight. I have it sitting on level 10-ish just from geear boosts (lvl 55 Emma).
I use KBM just because I think it looks cool. Its the same reason I use sniper rifles with Punisher and Widow. They look awesome, but are kinda useless :)

Gothos

Sounds great. Hopefuly they'll balance everything out correctly. The game is quite easy right now and I fear that buffing every hero will make it even more so...

Sounds great. Hopefuly they'll balance everything out correctly. The game is quite easy right now and I fear that buffing every hero will make it even more so...

The game is easy now because the power gap between the top heroes and bottom ones is so large you can't really balance it for either without screwing the other side. Once all heroes are on relatively equal footing they can freely up the difficulty in various areas/difficulties without worry.

Edit: Perfect timing, here's what they'll be doing regarding this very issue.

Gothos

The game is easy now because the power gap between the top heroes and bottom ones is so large you can't really balance it for either without screwing the other side. Once all heroes are on relatively equal footing they can freely up the difficulty in various areas/difficulties without worry.

Edit: Perfect timing, here's what they'll be doing regarding this very issue.

Funny thing is it was me who he answered to :D

KePoW

Banned
I'm glad they seem to realize the game is really too easy overall. It's been that way for a long time.

I don't buy the argument from some people that comic heroes should always feel overpowered. In a video game, there needs to be adequate challenge (and not just at the highest difficulty). I don't think "lore" should play any part for making the game easy.

Jtrizzy

So I'm pretty new to the mmo concept, and I'm not really sure what all goes on after you finish the story and what is fun to do after that. I see that there are more powers to unlock, but I can't really decide whether I'd enjoy leveling a character to the end or just finish the story with one of the many other characters I already have purchased.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't get why they'd do a level 52 design review on Emma Frost already but skip someone like, say, Rocket Raccoon...You know, someone who's been available since day 1?

inky

So, 12 costumes and 800k credits later this is my haul for randoming:

t5meIoS.png

Jean's is fugly I think, and the rest are meh. Still, I think it could've been worse. Now I need to buy Deadpool and Black Panther I guess, which I was going to anyway (number 2 & 4 in my to buy list). I'll probably just buy 1 now and save the other one for the next sale.

Now to open another 100 cards so I can do it again :p

I don't get why they'd do a level 52 design review on Emma Frost already but skip someone like, say, Rocket Raccoon...You know, someone who's been available since day 1?

It's probably because with the damage buffs RR will be in a good place all around. Aren't most RR users satisfied with his general playstyle as is (ignoring damage output)? Emma on the other hand is likely just a quick fix. They'll add in some much needed attacks to the diamond tree and tweak some of the powers in the other two trees and call it a day.

KePoW

Banned
So, 12 costumes and 800k credits later this is my haul for randoming:

t5meIoS.png

Jean's is fugly I think, and the rest are meh. Still, I think it could've been worse. Now I need to buy Deadpool and Black Panther I guess, which I was going to anyway (number 2 & 4 in my to buy list). I'll probably just buy 1 now and save the other one for the next sale.

Now to open another 100 cards so I can do it again :p

Where do you get 12 extra random costumes from to begin with??

KePoW

Banned
So I'm pretty new to the mmo concept, and I'm not really sure what all goes on after you finish the story and what is fun to do after that. I see that there are more powers to unlock, but I can't really decide whether I'd enjoy leveling a character to the end or just finish the story with one of the many other characters I already have purchased.

This game is not a MMORPG in the regular sense. It's an ARPG like Diablo. So if you play the Diablo games, that's what you do.

KePoW

Banned
Tons of repeats from the free Fortune Cards and the rest were my basic costumes, which I've replaced and was never going to use again.

Ohh forgot about the basic costumes, didn't think about that. But if someone was to get rid of them, is there even any way to get them back? You can't even buy the basic costumes??

I know if you leave your costume slot empty, you will get the default costume look. But you can't add modifications without the costume item... so how would you get a basic costume back, lol.

inky

That's true. I don't think you can get them back at all... on the other hand, I don't really need or want them back so I guess it works out. I didn't use any costumes for characters I already don't have another (better, imo) costume for.

For example, my Thor has Destroyer armor, Marvel Now costume, Gold Armor and Classic on top of the basic one. I was never going to use that one.

Wallach

The default costumes could technically drop, but the odds would be hilarious.

You do however get another copy of your default costume each time you prestige a hero.

Jtrizzy

This game is not a MMORPG in the regular sense. It's an ARPG like Diablo. So if you play the Diablo games, that's what you do.

Yeah, I probably mis worded that. I never really played D3 past the end of the story either, I don't totally understand what the best things to do are at this point.

Vecks

You might already know this, but more powers to unlock depends on the character. Most heroes are still on the old 30-level model where you have access to all the powers by level 30. Regardless what hero you play, I suggest you try reaching level 40 before deciding whether you'll focus on one hero or start another. By level 30 you'll have good access to medallions which are way better than medals, and by level 40 the better artifacts will start to drop, and you'll usually find a few awesome uniques for your hero--all of which can change the way you build/play your hero because of how they mesh with your powers.

However, trying out new characters can be a good idea too. You might find another hero that's fun to play. And you can build up synergy bonuses.

inky

This game is not a MMORPG in the regular sense.

It can certainly feel like you are playing a healer sometimes tho:

NrnX1VJ.png

:p But seriously, yep ARPG have loot at its core. You can never have enough, so the endgame is always created around hunting for more (or climbing a ladder). The game does need a bit more challenging content to do, but I'm sure that is coming.

inky

Patch notes:

This patch is a relatively small one, focusing primarily on fixing bugs introduced in 2.02.

Gambit

Fixed a bug in Gambit's attribute progression.

Gambit will no longer automatically receive a respec upon logging in before level 5.

Various tooltip changes to improve clarity.

Loki

Using Loki's Ultimate no longer causes a Respec.

Rocket Raccoon

Rocket Raccoon's Burrow animations have been corrected.

Squirrel Girl

Squirrel Love will now properly trigger on all squirrel attacks.

Thousands of Tiny Teeth will now function properly.

Claw, Claw, Bite will now properly gain bonus damage based on the number of squirrels attacking your target.

While wearing the Aviator costume, Squirrel Friends will no longer deal 1 damage.

Item Changes

Gambit now uses the X-Gene costume core instead of Radioactive Isotope.

Golden Bow of Apollo rank 3 affix now has explosion at the target instead of the player.

Players can now activate the Party in a Box item in their inventory again. This item can no longer be equipped into the pet slot.

Optimization Changes

We’ve made various improvements to both server and client performance in this patch. Please let us know your experience in

Mission Changes

The AIM Weapons Lab terminal will no longer have a progression blocker.

Removed Fisk Tower terminal from waypoints. This will be coming soon!

I can play Squirrel Girl again.

Blank!

What's the stats on that artifact again?

It's +damage rating/defense/health regen when below 30% health.

the only person I've heard it being useful for is Punisher because of one of his skills is damage reduction based on missing health. I would say it's far to situational for the vast majority of heroes (that I can think of anyway).

Vecks

It's +damage rating/defense/health regen when below 30% health.

the only person I've heard it being useful for is Punisher because of one of his skills is damage reduction based on missing health. I would say it's far to situational for the vast majority of heroes (that I can think of anyway).

Ah, okay. I guess I'll just keep one then for future possibilities. It gives a decent damage rating so I kind of wanted to use it, but it does seem pretty hard to get the most out of it. At first I thought maybe injuring a ranged hero with invis/invul, but with that hp regen you'd still need to self-inflict damage safely to keep it under 30%.

My Emma is now level 59. I wanted to prestige her, to gain the extra costume, but I dont have stash space to store all her high level gear that I wont be able to wear.
Decisions, decisions....

inky

Do you guys use different costumes or just one? I want to have specific sets for a few heroes (Iron Man, Thor, etc,) depending on what I want to do with them, but crafting proper costumes is costly and not that worth it since they removed % base health upgrades (My Thor still has 36%+ health. It could've been more, but I couldn't get it higher before the patch).

I think I'd put more effort into it if we had dual specs, because there are characters you could build a couple of different ways, and I'd like to try some, but there is little incentive for doing it other than "I'm bored".

Vecks

I just use one. If I get a costume I like, I'll just scrap the default into a random costume. I don't think costumes/costume cores are that important. I don't bother with trying to attain the perfect gear because it's just so costly. I still haven't reached the credit cap yet because I spend it regularly.

Do you guys use different costumes or just one? I want to have specific sets for a few heroes (Iron Man, Thor, etc,) depending on what I want to do with them, but crafting proper costumes is costly and not that worth it since they removed % base health upgrades (My Thor still has 36%+ health. It could've been more, but I couldn't get it higher before the patch).

I think I'd put more effort into it if we had dual specs, because there are characters you could build a couple of different ways, and I'd like to try some, but there is little incentive for doing it other than "I'm bored".

I currently do for Emma. Got one costume/set for Telepath and one for Diamond. Will probably do the same for Loki soon too.

Not really worried about the base health affix removal as you can still get a decent amount of health anyway and life leech cores make your max health pretty pointless after a certain point.

inky

Not really worried about the base health affix removal as you can still get a decent amount of health anyway and life leech cores make your max health pretty pointless after a certain point.

Well, that's true, but I don't use a Life Leech core, especially not for Thor. I find +ability and Spirit much more valuable on gear and on costumes, and % health goes well with his passive if I'm skipping life on gear. Still, it is only really needed for certain boss fights, as my group clear is pretty good already.

I still haven't reached the credit cap yet because I spend it regularly.

Ya, I can get around 300k - 400k+ credits per session, but I am constantly rolling blue items and stuff so I'm always poor. At least I'm done leveling my crafter and rolling random costumes for now, so I can save a bit and try something else. I have a few uniques that need updating too.

KePoW

Banned
I'm with Vecks, I don't worry too much about the costume affix rolls. I may re-roll each Grade a couple times, that's about it.

The only stuff I want to buy, requires Unstable Molecules and because they are so rare and precious, I am constantly sitting on $2 million.
I wish I could buy a lame-o Mark 1 fortune Card for 1 million or something, just so I can spend my money on something.

Huh, I had completely forgotten about Stark Tech items. I think they were scheduled to be released already at one point. In any case, this is a heads up to not throw away any dupe/unwanted uniques since you'll be able to make good use of them once these are released.

aIvkI9C.jpg

KePoW

Banned
The only stuff I want to buy, requires Unstable Molecules and because they are so rare and precious, I am constantly sitting on $2 million.
I wish I could buy a lame-o Mark 1 fortune Card for 1 million or something, just so I can spend my money on something.

You're just wasting money if you let it sit at 2M while still playing.

Just re-roll costume Grades or something. Also do you upgrade Uniques? That's what I spend my money on the most.

KePoW

Banned
Huh, I had completely forgotten about Stark Tech items. I think they were scheduled to be released already at one point. In any case, this is a heads up to not throw away any dupe/unwanted uniques since you'll be able to make good use of them once these are released.

Is that on the Test Center or something? What does it even do, I can't tell.

Is that on the Test Center or something? What does it even do, I can't tell.

Dev tease picture, no clue on when it's supposed to be released. Says you unlock a new affix for each of the five tiers you can complete. Will have to wait and see what those affixes are though.

Top Bottom