• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

kswiston

Most of the management changes posted here seem fair. I hope that more vengers agree to relinquish their commander status. I rarely ever place top 5, but am almost always #8-14 in or group during events (PVE and PVP). Would be a bit of a bummer to be kicked because there are only 5 non-commanders in GAF-vengers. If I was always #17-20, then I would obviously understand.

I also think that we should wait some time before shuffling more than is required to get those top 100 placements. Some people join the game, play like a fiend for 4-6 weeks and burn out. Doesn't seem fair to boot someone who has been steady for months for a moderate temporary improvement if we are already getting covers.

For PVE comparison, I would suggest this:

If you can't manage to get say 75% of the alliance average during a 9 day event, than you are not pulling your weight. Obviously 10 of us are going to be in the bottom 10 for any given event. That is not avoidable, even if everyone is doing pretty well. However, you shouldn't be so far down that you are cancelling out the efforts of our power players. In the last event, I think we ended up around 720k total. That means, based on an average of 36k, you would have had to be at 27k to hit that average. When I went to bed with an hour left in the Sentry event, we still had a 2-3 people in the 15-20k range. That really hurts any advantage that our top players pulling 50k+ points get us.

zulux21

so it sounds like healing without health packs may be going the way of the dodo in the game eventually
player question
what can be done about players exploiting OBW and other covers healing abilities in prologue to gain a higher pt total afterwards in PvP events
answer
We've got an idea about that. It's currently in test at the moment. If it works out, you can expect rioting in the streets on the forums when we talk about what we're planning for a change. Mainly because Prologue healing has been status quo for so long that any change to that is going to make people HULK SMASH angry.

also I cleaned up some of the players who aren't really playing, the other two in kanda that aren't really playing are commanders so there is nothing I can do about them :p

Askani

Not sure if I'll be able to compete anymore in PVP. My Psylocke tourney has nothing but max level teams and I only have 113 points.

Node 1 is 197 Psylocke/141 Patch/141 Hulk.
Node 2 is 144 Psylocke/141 L.Thor/141 Hulk.
Node 3 is 176 Psylocke/141 Daken/141 C.Magneto.

Skip 1 is 203 Psylocke/141 Punisher/141 Hulk.
Skip 2 is 173 Psylocke/141 Rad Hood/141 Thor.
Skip 3 is 212 Psylocke/141 Daken/141 Sentry. <--- I mean come on man.

I'm not saying I need need cupcakes all the way through, but I expected SOME non-max teams.

Same with my SHIELD bracket.

zulux21

Not sure if I'll be able to compete anymore in PVP. My Psylocke tourney has nothing but max level teams and I only have 113 points.

Node 1 is 197 Psylocke/141 Patch/141 Hulk.
Node 2 is 144 Psylocke/141 L.Thor/141 Hulk.
Node 3 is 176 Psylocke/141 Daken/141 C.Magneto.

Skip 1 is 203 Psylocke/141 Punisher/141 Hulk.
Skip 2 is 173 Psylocke/141 Rad Hood/141 Thor.

I'm not saying I need need cupcakes all the way through, but I expected SOME non-max teams.

Same with my SHIELD bracket.

my nodes are
446c557b7c.jpg

c14c1e7956.jpg

and
f00eab84a4.jpg
I'll likely just ignore the third one and play the middle one for 45 points while listening to this
looking at your roster I would just run lazy thor, 1 star storm, and OBW in the bottom left node (the forest) and as long as things don't go to poorly you should be able to combo your way into element to fuel your team and heals... it will take a bit but you should be able to do something.

also in case you are wondering what team I am running it's this
I might throw some more iso into mags since he is supposed to be safe for at least a month.

and this is why I don't necessarily disagree that mags needs a bit of a nerf >.>
final results

Askani

my nodes are

I'll likely just ignore the third one and play the middle one for 45 points while listening to this
looking at your roster I would just run lazy thor, 1 star storm, and OBW in the bottom left node (the forest) and as long as things don't go to poorly you should be able to combo your way into element to fuel your team and heals... it will take a bit but you should be able to do something.

also in case you are wondering what team I am running it's this

I might throw some more iso into mags since he is supposed to be safe for at least a month.

Yeah, I'm going to have to try something for sure. L.Thor is going to save my bacon and be about the only way I'll grab points. And it seems like jumping into PVP late is bad move now. Better start at the front of the timer to have more time to grind through this mess.

zulux21

Yeah, I'm going to have to try something for sure. And it seems like jumping into PVP late is bad move now. Better start at the front of the timer to have more time to grind through this mess.

my usual plan right now is to get to 300 or so points the night before... enough that I have a head start but not so much as I will just be hit back down to nothingness. and then starting 4-9 hours before start my crawl up and shield at some point either 8 hours to go or 3 to go...
I might crawl a bit higher then usual tonight and some tomorrow morning though as I don't get off work until 7:30 tomorrow and the event ends at 11 my time (thus I will likely only go for 900 points to cover the cost of my shield and then shield) but thanks to the sentry cover and the compensation for the server mess I am feeling a bit less burnt out on the game which is nice.

NomarTyme

What I notice is that once you hit 700 pts range I'll start seeing the 2 star people. My nodes are pretty much max out three star people too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The new update is pretty spiffy in places. Seems like the UI guys on their team are just finding something to change to keep busy though, lol

Also, Alliance ranks/totals still don't seem to work for me.

Dispatch

So, how many spaces are now available in Gaf-kanda? Like I said earlier, we have four active players in Gaf-men and have discussed leaving to form a new Alliance, but it would seem better for us to simply join Kanda.

NineH

So, I have two players that would likely be a good boost the the alliance (one would rank 7th in the season, the other would rank first by a large margin.

Zulu, how soon can you get these guys to join Gaf Vengers because if you can get them in today, I will volunteer to drop out. I am not feeling the game much anymore so yeah, this is a good a time as any to leave. If you can't get them soon, I'll plug at the PvP today in hopes I can contribute before I go.

zulux21

Zulu, how soon can you get these guys to join Gaf Vengers because if you can get them in today, I will volunteer to drop out. I am not feeling the game much anymore so yeah, this is a good a time as any to leave. If you can't get them soon, I'll plug at the PvP today in hopes I can contribute before I go.

If I didn't have work I could likely get them in today if you and cobbell dropped to kanda, but since I have work unless they are around in the last 3 hours of work I couldn't do it... (ill be at work from 10-8 CST today)

on the flip side I am not the only commander of kanda or vengers, so if you get some of them online you could do that.

their gaf names are
turnbuckle (Season II: 2656 points ) and Pendragon47 (Currently sitting on 5k points for Season 2. ) note the second person doesn't even have posts on Gaf but they have an account >.> I told them to post in this thread but they haven't yet.

anyways, ideally someone else takes care of this, if not if people are around at 8pm Central we can try to get it done then.

(btw which member are you in the alliance I don't recall a NineH)

So, how many spaces are now available in Gaf-kanda? Like I said earlier, we have four active players in Gaf-men and have discussed leaving to form a new Alliance, but it would seem better for us to simply join Kanda.

still trying to work that out, and I still need the two commanders that aren't doing anything anymore to come out of hiding and either leave or step it up.... There is still one slot for sure that is available that isn't going to cost money then 4 more that could be gotten with money even without the commanders that aren't doing much.

animus82

Banned
I had to step out and help out this other alliance for a bit guys that's why I left.

Keep up the good work and cycling people in and maintaining standards.

Spoit, is this you in the alliance I joined?

turnbuckle

If I didn't have work I could likely get them in today if you and cobbell dropped to kanda, but since I have work unless they are around in the last 3 hours of work I couldn't do it... (ill be at work from 10-8 CST today)

their gaf names are
turnbuckle (Season II: 2656 points ) and Pendragon47 (Currently sitting on 5k points for Season 2. ) note the second person doesn't even have posts on Gaf but they have an account >.> I told them to post in this thread but they haven't yet.

I actually just bought the 20th alliance spot for the one I'm in. I hadn't heard anything more about the joining and the tone of this thread sounded like things were headed in a direction of keeping everyone currently in the alliance in or filling it with Kanda / other active members of this thread first. We have a few gaffers in there now - I'd say we're probably not going to be as successful as the top GAF alliance but should fare mostly better than Kanda.

Our top 9 players all have at least 2000 points in the season; 5 have 3000+ points (one of them having almost 5000).

But our bottom 6 members are all between 900-1,500 and we're only sitting at rank 180ish as an alliance for the season. I did some housecleaning in the alliance yesterday though so things should be better than they were. 2 of our bottom 3 players are personal friends though, and it's creating a bit of a dilemma on what to do.

zulux21

I actually just bought the 20th alliance spot for the one I'm in. I hadn't heard anything more about the joining and the tone of this thread sounded like things were headed in a direction of keeping everyone currently in the alliance in or filling it with Kanda / other active members of this thread first. We have a few gaffers in there now - I'd say we're probably not going to be as successful as the top GAF alliance but should fare mostly better than Kanda.

Our top 9 players all have at least 2000 points in the season; 5 have 3000+ points (one of them having almost 5000).

But our bottom 6 members are all between 900-1,500 and we're only sitting at rank 180ish as an alliance for the season. I did some housecleaning in the alliance yesterday though so things should be better than they were. 2 of our bottom 3 players are personal friends though, and it's creating a bit of a dilemma on what to do.

Ah I see :p
well then I guess we need 2 members in general then, I leave it to the other commanders to figure things out while I am at work :p until later.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Fuck these super long PVP events.

Such a waste of fucking time. 3 days for a PVP is stupid.

If you make any progress in previous days you're just gonna lose it all eventually.. since there's really no point in trying to grind until the last few hours any ways.

Especially since the PVE ended and my Shield and First Cut was hammered.

I'm in Kanda... but they need to stop the long PVP events.

w2000

I'm currently in GAF-Kanda and I was able to get enough HP to buy the next slot for the alliance. I am not a commander though so I don't think I can do it. Do I need to be a commander to do that? Also, I did hit the ground running on the PvE and I will be trying to get more points in fresh cut. Starting to think it might be better to join in these pvp later as I lost a lot of points on this one.

kswiston

Ya, we're not going to get mags this time around with two dead spots. Hopefully we can get those filled before Sentry/the First round of the Simulator close!

I had to shield up after passing 600. I have had the worst luck in this event. Lost 4 times to Widows and Storms. I think that is more losses than I have taken in the past 4-5 PVP events combined.

zulux21

Ya, we're not going to get mags this time around with two dead spots. Hopefully we can get those filled before Sentry/the First round of the Simulator close!

I had to shield up after passing 600. I have had the worst luck in this event. Lost 4 times to Widows and Storms. I think that is more losses than I have taken in the past 4-5 PVP events combined.

nope which means now that I am over 500 I am losing interest in the event.
honestly I am losing interest in general... at some point I will likely need to be replaced in the alliance, for now I am not the worst member >.>;

lmpaler

Is there a way to link the mobile account to the PC version? Would make my nights so much easier alt-tabbing between MPQ and my solo game or Dota

NineH

I left the gaf-vengers alliance as I can't take the grind anymore. Thanks for all the alliance rewards though everyone.

Fjord

Alrighty, 17/20. Zulu you have my power of attorney to invite anyone beating our average score for the season on the spot.

Fjord

I think that's slightly above our average. Does that include any points from SHIELD training? Are you in Kanda now?

kswiston

I have 2685 points so far in Season II. What's the average for Gaf-vengers?

That's is around where I am and I was in the top 10 last I checked. I think the simulator cover reward is top 250 so that is a lesser concern.

With 3 spots open, I would be for you joining. Up to the others obviously.

zulux21

That's is around where I am and I was in the top 10 last I checked. I think the simulator cover reward is top 250 so that is a lesser concern.

With 3 spots open, I would be for you joining. Up to the others obviously.

I'm personally fine with anyone that puts up decent numbers. (400 or so points in the pvp and a top 200 or better in the pve)

w2000

If there is still a spot in the main alliance, I would like to join.

Here are my numbers for simulator right now

iyHqM586HTljL.jpg

And here was my numbers for fresh cut.

iYcikIn111Jn.jpg

zulux21

If there is still a spot in the main alliance, I would like to join.

Here are my numbers for simulator right now

http://i.minus.com/iyHqM586HTljL.jpg[/MG]

And here was my numbers for fresh cut.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iYcikIn111Jn.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

currently there are 3 (maybe 4 as north hasn't played in the last few days and never said anything that I saw) slots open.

kswiston

I'm in Gaf-men, and I do have a few points in SHIELD training.
Edit: I have 90 points in SHIELD TRAINING.

You should quit GAF-Men and apply for the main alliance. It sounds like Zulux will accept you with those stats (500+ in every PVP event going by my own score). There are two spots open in vengers (and a few non-commanders not really putting up numbers if those have filled up), so it's not like we are tight for space at the moment. Would be nice to actually get that Patch cover in the Sentry Event.

Askani

I've been talking to Zulu. It looks like we have at least two spots we need to fill before Starfall ends tonight. Probably three since North hasn't played for a few days and probably won't be on tonight.

I don't have access to the other alliances to look at scores. GAF-kanda or GAF-men, are there three people that are on track to be over 500 for Starfall tonight?

Dispatch

I have 386, so I should be able to get to 500 by tonight fairly easily. My Sentry is also level 28.

Also, would anyone in Gaf-men mind if I joined Gaf-vengers or Gaf-kanda? Ideally, we would all find alliances that earned us more rewards.

Arrg. Sorry everyone, but I'm going to have to drop out for a bit. My phone broke and I'm not going to be able to get it replaced today or tomorrow. It'll be until Tuesday, and actually, I have some relatives from out of town coming to stay with us from Tuesday until the weekend, and my game-time is going to be severely limited while they're here.

So I think I might use the opportunity to take a break from MPQ anyway. It's a bummer, but I figure I should let you know now before tonight's events end so you can replace me in the alliance with someone stronger if you want. :(

I'll probably be back eventually, but feel free to kick me as needed for now.

Askani

Arrg. Sorry everyone, but I'm going to have to drop out for a bit. My phone broke and I'm not going to be able to get it replaced today or tomorrow. It'll be until Tuesday, and actually, I have some relatives from out of town coming to stay with us from Tuesday until the weekend, and my game-time is going to be severely limited while they're here.

So I think I might use the opportunity to take a break from MPQ anyway. It's a bummer, but I figure I should let you know now before tonight's events end so you can replace me in the alliance with someone stronger if you want. :(

I'll probably be back eventually, but feel free to kick me as needed for now.

Sorry to hear about that, man. Good luck with your sabbatical.

You'll have to leave on your own, if you can, since you're a Commander and can't be booted.

Askani

North popped up today and is going to make a Starfall push, but Duanne is out for a little bit.

Dispatch would fill one spot, but we still need two more. Anyone else going to be over 500? We have 7 hours left to get this nailed down.

Dispatch

Well, I don't want to leave my current Alliance, until I know I have a spot. (Plus, I feel a little bit of guilt for leaving.)

kswiston

No one from GAF-Kanda wants a spot? We are at #147 with one man short, and several of us haven't made our push yet. Top 100 could happen.

zulux21

No one from GAF-Kanda wants a spot? We are at #147 with one man short, and several of us haven't made our push yet. Top 100 could happen.

so if no else wants it I will likely just move my wife's account over for a bit as she has over 500 points in the sentry event.

Top Bottom