• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

It's pretty god damn amazing. I'm dedicating myself to doing everything I can to get Top 5 this event. Managed to get in before the scaling mechanics kicked in and I did the entire first set against level 15-40 characters. Easy 2000 points (max is 10000 so I imagine it's going to plateau pretty early).

I want to wait until I can get into a less competitive bracket. I've got characs who can hang with the big guys...

shaowebb

Holy hell Deadpool keeps changing his pose on team selection every time I come out of the info screen on someone. XD

shaowebb

Oh shit you can farm the last fight vs Nick Fury for team ups! Go in hard on the full story vs Deadpool to get to the Fury fight guys and go dump your duds in Hammer matches in story mode to clear slots quick for it.

My high-point-get-and-then-shield strategy from yesterday in the Patch PvP seems to be working, I'm going to get a couple lazy Thor covers that I need. Pushing towards that 5000 pt level for the Heroic 10 pack.

Also, Deadpool rocks. He's legitimately funny, and the devs must've had a blast making all this.

zulux21

yay another easy top 5 finish
1905dc034a.jpg
at this rate i might actually get my 10 pack this season after missing it last season.

shaowebb

Literally no bad covers in the Nick Fury fight. You either get a fair Gray suit widow move or a Fury move and all are good. So far I got Sniper Rifle from widow and Furies purple move. Gonna keep dumping teamups to fish more.

Dispatch

Literally no bad covers in the Nick Fury fight. You either get a fair Gray suit widow move or a Fury move and all are good. So far I got Sniper Rifle from widow and Furies purple move. Gonna keep dumping teamups to fish more.

I wish there was a way to delete team-ups without dumping them in easy fights. It's just not that fun.

zulux21

Agree 100%. I don't even care if I don't get anything from deleting them. Just let me do something with them besides having to use them on meaningless fights.

im just ignoring their existence until something like that gets added...
I played that one PVE and have like half of my team ups as yelana moves of venom's devour both of which cost 12 plus to use... I just don't care enough to try burning them.

Spoit

The GSW is only level 100-ish, so her sniper rifle is really REALLY not worth the AP, unless you're running non-c storm (the fury's low level isn't that great either)

EDIT: yeah, ~2700 damage for 19!! AP is not a great deal. Especially without the AP acceleration from her purple (which is actually a good TU power, don't know why you didn't mention that one instead)

shaowebb

I honestly wonder why mouse over descriptions of the team up moves aren't in yet. Considering they are all for different level versions of a character that should be an essential piece of info so you know precisely how damaging that move at that level will be before taking it into battle.

shaowebb

9HaNVlF.jpg

Yum yum come get ya some :)

I'm gonna be ready for the next half of this event and any PVP stuff. Gonna keep farming this one. I'll get some Deadpools. Don't care if I get top 5 and land 3 covers so long as I have some to keep doing PVE for awhile. These Fury team ups though...RARE. This is the only time we have EVER been able to fight Fury in an event and its during the intro to Team Up coves so he's farmable for attack options. I doubt they'll fuck up and use him very often like this again.

EDIT: Oh this is going well for me.
Escape Plan-8
Avengers Assemble-10
Demolition -15

Deceptive Tactics-10
Sniper Rifle-5

Spoit

Level 70? That's like, the default level he comes at! I can't imagine that anything other than demolition does worthwhile damage

shaowebb

Level 70? That's like, the default level he comes at! I can't imagine that anything other than demolition does worthwhile damage

again...check my covers. It works for the stuff I face. Different brackets. He wipes teams in my bracket :D

EDIT: Loving Deadpool's red ability. 65% within the first 2 turns is a real match making trick :D

Dispatch

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get a Deadpool. Without a shield ability in PVE, I just don't have the time to devote to staying in the top 100, which is very disheartening.

zulux21

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get a Deadpool. Without a shield ability in PVE, I just don't have the time to devote to staying in the top 100, which is very disheartening.

I'm going to get deadpool... the question for me is if I care enough to stay up and get a top 25 or just say screw it and take my top 100 and get some sleep so I am not tired at work tomorrow.

nope... I am gonna go to sleep when I am in 10th with plenty of points to get me into number 1 if I wanted. I wonder if I will stay in the top 25 or drop into the top 50... at the very least I should stay in the top 100 no problem.

I thought the event ended earlier in the day (noon rather than midnight) and I had to work tonight. When I came back from break I was in the top 50 with an hour to go but I might not make the cut for even 1 cover which kinda sucks since I put up a stupid amount of points (something like 41k).

So is a maxed out World Rupture just an instant win? I have a very strong team, and managed to get a few of the tiles knocked out but it still instant killed my team. What the hell? How do you defend against that many coundown tiles so quickly, when it can be popped almost immediatly?

Spoit

So is a maxed out World Rupture just an instant win? I have a very strong team, and managed to get a few of the tiles knocked out but it still instant killed my team. What the hell? How do you defend against that many coundown tiles so quickly, when it can be popped almost immediatly?

Protect tiles. If you can kill the strikes, it'll do more damage to the enemy than you

Protect tiles. If you can kill the strikes, it'll do more damage to the enemy than you

I guess I'm just annoyed that it can be triggered in two (lucky) turns and can wipe out your whole team in one go. Even putting up those tiles is difficult at that speed, unless you're packing Daken or Spiderman.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I think I'm gonna give up my spot in Kanda.. haven't even logged in since I posted I was done.

Just not feeling this update at all.. and besides it was such a time sink to get anything worth a shit.

Sorry Kanda.. just not fun anymore.

It's amazing how hard it is to get any 3+star on any pulls. This game is more bullshit than Puzzles and Dragons when it comes to getting good pulls. Still play a lot but man, they make it tough to get any higher ups without dropping coin.

zulux21

It's amazing how hard it is to get any 3+star on any pulls. This game is more bullshit than Puzzles and Dragons when it comes to getting good pulls. Still play a lot but man, they make it tough to get any higher ups without dropping coin.

you just have to invest a crap ton of time and grind grind grind.. then eventually you get to where I am where if a 3 star you want is a reward you put in a little effort and get it otherwise you just ignore it >.>;

anyways compensation for the crappy server outage the other day
Users who entered the “Deadpool vs. Marvel Puzzle Quest” Event will receive 1 Thick as Thieves Recruit Token, which has a chance of Deadpool in the Event Pack. In addition, users who entered the “Lord of Thunder” Versus Tournament will receive 2 Unholy Outlaw Recruit Tokens, allowing for a chance at The Hood who was the reward for the "Lord of Thunder" Tournament.

I finally got my Heroic 10-pack from the PvP season, my first time really caring about that season thing. Managed to pull two Falcon covers, which beefed up some abilities.

I hope I can manage a mohawk Storm, it's the only character I don't have that isn't my choice (the various 1-star Hawkeyes and such I don't bother to keep). Deadpool was #41. I just can't stand the events that end at noon ET, as I can't play until the end.

I finally got my Heroic 10-pack from the PvP season, my first time really caring about that season thing. Managed to pull two Falcon covers, which beefed up some abilities.

I hope I can manage a mohawk Storm, it's the only character I don't have that isn't my choice (the various 1-star Hawkeyes and such I don't bother to keep). Deadpool was #41. I just can't stand the events that end at noon ET, as I can't play until the end.

I got it yesterday, too, with 2 Falcon covers, a 3* Human Torch and a 2* Human Torch, as well as topping off my Lazy Thor green and IM40 Yellow. Not a bad haul. Friend of mine got a bunch of bullshit, so I guess I'm lucky.

I can't imagine paying money for one of those packs, only to be disappointed by what I get.

Good to see we're getting some covers from the outage. I was in both tourneys (yay!).

Edit: Sweet, got an Xforce Wolvie and an IW, both powers that I didn't have before, from the free covers

zulux21

got my compensation tokens... got crap, crap, and 3 star crap (yellow iron man which i don't want to go beyond 3 on anyways but already have 5 covers for)

1 Standard, 1 Heroic 10 pack, 3 Unholy Outlaws and 1 Thick as Thieves...

and the verdict is:

* Storm Yellow
** OBW Black
** Moonstone Red
**** Wolverine Green
** Thor Red
** Thor Red
*** Psylocke Blue
*** Falcon Purple
** Wolverine Yellow
** Moonstone Red
*** Storm Black
** Magneto Purple
** Ares Red
** Moonstone Purple
** Cap Yellow

4 usable covers is better than I'd expected; I'll take it. I didn't have *** Storm before so she brings me up to 45 covers.

X Force Wolverine is terrible right? I have never really used him - this cover lets me bring him to level 147 but I'm not sure I want to pour the ISO into him.

shaowebb

I haven't seen a 3 star that wasn't shelled out as a PVP or PVE award in ages. I play because I don't really have many team build games that are so pick up and put down that can work within my varied schedule.

Plus I love the art. I have a ridiculous screenshot gallery for this. Daredevil's art is still a favorite. Gorgeous.

Anyhow, I'd be down for them to setup some sort of new system or place to allow for 3 star pulls. Hell I'd trade a shitload of 2 star covers for even 1 guaranteed 3 star random if they'd be willing. Roulette wheel, lotto, fucking pachislot minigame...ANYTHING. The game is bloated with 3 stars now and very little means of getting covers for them. At the rate they are swelling the roster I could see it running off folks simply for the fact that they will not be able to keep up or build.

Spoit

I haven't seen a 3 star that wasn't shelled out as a PVP or PVE award in ages. I play because I don't really have many team build games that are so pick up and put down that can work within my varied schedule.

Plus I love the art. I have a ridiculous screenshot gallery for this. Daredevil's art is still a favorite. Gorgeous.

Anyhow, I'd be down for them to setup some sort of new system or place to allow for 3 star pulls. Hell I'd trade a shitload of 2 star covers for even 1 guaranteed 3 star random if they'd be willing. Roulette wheel, lotto, fucking pachislot minigame...ANYTHING. The game is bloated with 3 stars now and very little means of getting covers for them. At the rate they are swelling the roster I could see it running off folks simply for the fact that they will not be able to keep up or build.

Have you tried Puzzles and Dragons?

shaowebb

Have you tried Puzzles and Dragons?

Its on my tablet, but I don't carry that with me. I play MPQ on PC. If its on pc then Puzzle and Dragons would probably fit me better. I can't get cozy with the tablet for some reason. Guess I dont get into touch controls or something.

Dispatch

I can't imagine Puzzles and Dragons would work as well on a PC. It's much more than a match 3 game, since you can move the jewels anywhere on the board. If I get a four-match combo in MPQ, then that's awesome. If I get anything less than four matches in PAD, I've failed.

Malmorian

We need a Colossus in this. Hell, we need more X-Men period.

Also, we seriously need a way to toss some of those team-ups.

shaowebb

Woo! Got 3 mohawk storms from The Hood PVP and now Mohawk is a PVP that yields deadpool covers! Looking nice. I'll go in late to bracket better like last time and spend the time leveling Mohawk.

We need a Colossus in this. Hell, we need more X-Men period.

Also, we seriously need a way to toss some of those team-ups.

No way, they need to stop introducing new characters. I've been playing religiously for > 10 months and while I have 45 characters I still don't have all of them (Fury & the new Captain Marvel one). Two star draws are literally no help to me outside of the recently introduced Gimpy Torch, so I've been selling 100% of the two star covers I get.

I've also only very recently graduated to having a couple of usable three star teams, and even they are not maxed out.

Can you imagine how difficult it must be for a new player to become competitive? I'm not playing for much more than an hour or two a day but I do play regularly and it's taken me this long to start using three stars.

shaowebb

No way, they need to stop introducing new characters. I've been playing religiously for > 10 months and while I have 45 characters I still don't have all of them (Fury & the new Captain Marvel one). Two star draws are literally no help to me outside of the recently introduced Gimpy Torch, so I've been selling 100% of the two star covers I get.

I've also only very recently graduated to having a couple of usable three star teams, and even they are not maxed out.

Can you imagine how difficult it must be for a new player to become competitive? I'm not playing for much more than an hour or two a day but I do play regularly and it's taken me this long to start using three stars.

This. Its why I say they need some upper tier sort of way of acquiring 3 stars. We no longer use 2 star covers. If I had to give up 2 star covers I wasn't using to fill a gauge for a random lotto 3 star I fucking would gladly.

Its becoming too hard to "keep up with the joneses" with all these 3 stars now and I have nearly all the cast too.

Top Bottom