• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

I'm maintaining top 150 for Beast, can get up to the 30s or so before I run out of health packs and then have to stop for a bit and let the points come back to full. I generally start back around 130-160 each time, which is split between 5-6 hours break.

Need the Beast.

Edit: Also, getting my ass kicked on "hard" fights is not fun, so Normal and lower for meeee

Exactly the same for me. I just check in every few hours and do the big point missions and the easier ones to get back to top 30-50.

I shielded in the PVP early without fighting too much, 'cause I don't care for She-Hulk too much. Doing Shield tourney with all my scrubs to try to get to the S5 Heroic 10-pack quicker and hopefully hit top 50 again this season. Competition is much bigger, though, this time.

Spoit

Is the Hood worth leveling up? I can bring him up to 114 but I have never spent any time with him. My main *** hitters have been Patch, IM40, GSBW, Hulk & Punisher.

Yeah, mostly so he doesn't die instantly. You'd probably still be better off having someone else higher level to tank yellow and/or blue though. I keep mine at 140, so LT can tank yellow

Got above 500 pts in PvP, Daken/Astonishing Wolvie/Ares was a killer team at the end there. 21st in my bracket, will be good for two She-Hulks.

Beasting it in PvE, too. Keeping on top of things and heading to bed in 10th. Hopefully will be bringing home a few covers of ol' Hanky there.

Tonight I crossed 500 hours played, too.

shaowebb

I'm already maxed on Doom black and there's no way I'll land a blue.

I'd like a Blue if I could get it. I wont kill myself for it though. I feel confident enough to think in the upcoming Doom tourney I can do well with mine to get a good prize so that probably settles how I plan to get hank.

Definitely going to be getting Beast, 40th with a few hours left and it goes to top 150. Shame it'll only be one, though, as I won't hit top 20 and the alliance is in roughly 2800th place (cover for top 100).

Dispatch

Definitely going to be getting Beast, 40th with a few hours left and it goes to top 150. Shame it'll only be one, though, as I won't hit top 20 and the alliance is in roughly 2800th place (cover for top 100).

Well, I was 25th at 10:00 and when I woke up, I was in 168th place, so I hope that worked out for you.

I started way too early on the Venom event and missed Beast by quite a lot since I had to work last night. Whatever. His skillset didn't look that interesting anyway. What I really need is Laken covers. I need someone who can take Blue and Purple and goes well with Patch since I finally have him at a good level. Plus, these days having a team with passive regen is stupidly good.

Patch/laken is safe for climbing, because of the heals, but I find it the anti-fun to actually play

Anything is more fun than OBW-cheesing was. Granted, I still use OBW with Patch quite a bit because she still uses off colors that nobody really has, and Espionage + Strike Tiles = ridiculousness.

shaowebb

Im really enjoying Black Panther lately. His yellow ability puts out respectable strike tiles and his protect tiles are nice too. If I could get a decent Falcon built I'd be running him a lot more. Ideally I'd like to run BP/Falcon/3star Thor.

If I could I would trade like 2/3 of the covers I have for more Falcon covers. A maxed out Patch\Falcon combo with someone tanky like LThor or even a Laken would be ridiculous. Nothing but buffed Protect and Strike Tiles for days...

I'm just now starting to realize the benefits of characters like Spidey and Falcon. I used to be all about big damage, but balancing teams to work together is becoming a bigger priority for me. Hopefully that steps my game up.

In other news, I don't know if the AI/luck of the CPU teams got better or not, but I was getting fucked up every time I fought someone in that She-Hulk tourney. I'd win, but team would be completely decimated. I'd have to reach into B and C-teams to keep going.

Shielded at just enough to get a Doom cover out of it. I'm really only interested in bringing up my Season ranking.

I could use some Lazy Thor, particularly more red and at least a yellow. However, I don't have Beast, so I need to go HAM on the Doom tourney. They keep pulling me back in!

I'm getting really tired of just a few fights knocking out all my health packs. Can't compete in any PvP with that nonsense. Having the same stupid trouble with PvE, too. Might need to put this game down again for a bit.

If you can find a temp Alliance I could give you a slot in kanda soon. I got a dunmy account to build up hp to buy the next slot....

shaowebb

Thanks for the teamups turbolibre...you helped me earn THIS.

Turn this on for the themesong of this teamup

CLBFpZk.jpg

I'm getting really tired of just a few fights knocking out all my health packs. Can't compete in any PvP with that nonsense. Having the same stupid trouble with PvE, too. Might need to put this game down again for a bit.

Honestly, for PvP just spend an entire event losing. It allows the game to throw you into a lower bracket and you to become competitive once again. I was facing nothing but 140-160+ 3-Star lineups for the first half of last season, and basically spent and entire event losing fights non-stop. Then the next event rolled around--almost entirely 2-Stars around level 90--and I was able to start winning.

Honestly, for PvP just spend an entire event losing. It allows the game to throw you into a lower bracket and you to become competitive once again. I was facing nothing but 140-160+ 3-Star lineups for the first half of last season, and basically spent and entire event losing fights non-stop. Then the next event rolled around--almost entirely 2-Stars around level 90--and I was able to start winning.

But then don't you end up back in the stew?

shaowebb

If it buys you an event it could be worth it. Awhile back there were a few events I gave no damns about. I lost a bunch on those just screwing around testing new teams. Ended up being a huge lifesaver on the next event as it bracketed me so low I swept my stuff and easily attained some covers I really wanted.

If its a dead time...test stuff and lose your ass off. It'll make the eventual upswing of good events easier.

It takes quite a while, and it buys you at least 5-10 events where you can easily place in the top 50. I had a massive fail in an event like, 6 weeks back and I'm just barely hitting the point where teams are consistantly a pain. It was like 5+ straight events of lower tier players for me.

But I gotta try for top 50 in Season V, plus I want that Lazy Thor yellow. No time for losing points...
This is turning into a second job!

people should tell me what team ups they really want... I have like 50k iso just sitting around to level up whatever which could get to better team ups lol

Basically any team up that's cheap. I've noticed the AI goes after the team up tokens more often than not, so it's always hard to pull off the more expensive moves. I also prefer abilities that do something specific over the single damage dealers. That way you can focus on your team, but you're able to drop something when needed.

It'd be fun to see a tier list for team ups. But so far Id loosely rank them:

Fury (can easily turn a battle with any of his abilities)
C Mags (All useful/cheap abilities)
Loki (Both abilities are life savers in a pinch)
L. Thor (Pretty strong and not too pricey. Whole Team attacks are always great.)
OBW (Pink is awesome, blue loses it's luster with higher levels)
Spidey (Blue is dirt cheap and helps a little. Heal isn't bad either)
Storm (A little expensive but her Green is great)
Rags (Cheap and can give you a slight edge)
Aries (Green is great if your team isn't using the color)
Steve Rogers (Expensive, but free Red/Blue if the timer runs out. Yellow is awful though)

I'm just making it up as I go along though. There are many I'm probably not considering, but we should think of specific characters that are best to loan out. That way we're not inconveniencing ourselves by disabling a character for a day so someone can get an ability they'll never use.

Hmm, depending how tonight's PvP push goes I may have to do just that. I would definitely be okay with some easier competition.

If you have a deep enough roster and some time you can do it within this event. I spent like 30-40 minutes playing out obviously lost matches (about 6-7 of them) and went from it automatically throwing me up against 120-160 heroes to sub-94 heroes if you would believe it. I actually played against a MAXED OUT BAGMAN. After that it was a 60 Ares and 54 Rag. I cruised to 300 points using a single health pack.

shaowebb

If you have a deep enough roster and some time you can do it within this event. I spent like 30-40 minutes playing out obviously lost matches (about 6-7 of them) and went from it automatically throwing me up against 120-160 heroes to sub-94 heroes if you would believe it. I actually played against a MAXED OUT BAGMAN. After that it was a 60 Ares and 54 Rag. I cruised to 300 points using a single health pack.

I actually played against a MAXED OUT BAGMAN. .

MAXED OUT BAGMAN
O_O...this defies all logic.

Yeah I'm giving it a go now. Even if I don't wind up seeing any of the real positive results from it during this event. I had a few really hard-fought victories and now I'm just going all-out with my crap teams. Just used Venom and 1-star Widow.

O_O...this defies all logic.

My mind was absolutely blown. It was a maxed out Moonfire and Bagman. I had to play it just for laughs. It might actually be the first time since the early days of MPQ that I've seen a Bagman in PvP.

Yeah I'm giving it a go now. Even if I don't wind up seeing any of the real positive results from it during this event. I had a few really hard-fought victories and now I'm just going all-out with my crap teams. Just used Venom and 1-star Widow.

That's what I did. I have almost every hero (except god damn Mohawk) at this point so a bunch of them are too low level to actually be useful. I just used the provided Beast and a random pairing of level 40-60 heroes I didn't care about (which was all of them) and played out matches against clearly superior lineups. They started to drop off immediately and I got left with the crapshoot matches which allowed me to bring out the A Squad for easy points.

Also, 25 pts from 10-Pack. Can't want for all those MN Mag and Modern Hawkeye covers /s

In my tankfest, I actually won one! The provided Beast was paired with maxed Classic Storm and OBW, and took on both very high leveled Patch and Lazy Thor. Was pretty surprised I got the start I did, and once it was clear I could actually pull off the W, I just kept at it. But I depleted my entire roster (like 43 characters or something), and we'll see how things go with the Captain Marvel PvP.

Credo

Just had Daken's HP taken down from 4000 to 200 in 1 turn by the Storm, Human Torch, Soldier combo in the Hard Simulator PVE. I need to take a break from this game before my blood pressure spikes.

NineH

It was nice knowing you Magneto. You too Patch. Also, it's a classic D3 move to update characters during an event. Oh well, time to use new guys I guess.

shaowebb

Lol. Magneto got hit with Nerf hard.

Now he puts out a bunch of protect tiles with Yellow, pops teamup tiles with Red (there go to ability from what this and Storm imply) and then he swaps blue and red for damage...but far less so.

By by cascades.

NineH

I'm likely going to raise GSBW now since she is one of the only 3 stars with a usable purple now. Falcon's costs a bit high and Loki is Loki. If I had a maxed Deadpool though, I would use him just because of the purple power though.

Oh, he just lost his best partner so I believe that Patch usage will go down since you cant spam Magneto's old red and blue moves with the Patch strike tiles.

Ahh, okay. My Patch and CMags aren't good enough to do anything good at this point, so I didn't know.

I'm going all-in on GSBW. She's my highest-leveled at the moment and usually does the job. Need that last green, though!

shaowebb

I'm likely going to raise GSBW now since she is one of the only 3 stars with a usable purple now. Falcon's costs a bit high and Loki is Loki. If I had a maxed Deadpool though, I would use him just because of the purple power though.

For the record I more than expect that Deadpool will have his Red nerfed at some point from a percentage to a flat amount. Its so easy to abuse. That's just my theory though.

Anyhow I agree that there is not enough decent purple now. Seems everyone is yellow and green with a few blue.

I've always tried to use GSBW with Patch since her purple is a good way to load up on 2-3 green Patch strikes.

zulux21

*sells magnito, sells hawkeye... looks at 3 star daken*
eh... you aren't great anymore but play well with patch so you can stick around.

Top Bottom