• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dispatch

If you pair Modern Hawkeye with another character that creates colored tiles (like 2 star Magneto, Doctor Doom,etc.) then he's very, very good now. Mine is maxed and I no longer feel so stupid for doing that.

shaowebb

If you pair Modern Hawkeye with another character that creates colored tiles (like 2 star Magneto, Doctor Doom,etc.) then he's very, very good now. Mine is maxed and I no longer feel so stupid for doing that.

I'm pairing mine with 3Star Thor and I keep getting green cascades. Good times.

Despite trying for a top 10 finish, it looks like I've come 14th. That'll be good enough for two Colossuseses, his black and red powers.

And PvP was a mess, I think I came 260th in that one. Should probably tank some more in those, because I'm getting matched up with some awfully superior teams and can get nowhere.

Now that I've got a good supply of characters-should I sell all my 1star characters? Are any worth keeping?

Always worth keeping a few for the events that require them. 1 Star Storm is handily the best. Other than that Jugg and BW aren't terrible, and IM even has some use.

shaowebb

Isn't the odds of 3 stars going down with each new 3 star added to the game? Sure feels like it...

I got lucky. Pulled a Blue Spiderman and a Blue Doom (already maxed his black). Got a Red Colossus from the event too so I can at least function in whatever the next PVE is. New PVP looks like it'll just eat health though. So many buffed characters.

Isn't the odds of 3 stars going down with each new 3 star added to the game? Sure feels like it...

It's wonky. Basically, from what I've seen, all 2-Stars have a ~7% chance to drop one of their covers, and it never changes. What does change though, is the chance of getting a specific 3-Star character. Basically, from what I can see, it works out that you have an ~80% chance of getting a 2-Star character (although it feels substantially higher) and an ~20% chance of getting a 3-Star. As they release more 3-Stars the chance of getting any specific one gets substantially lower. They also have tossed in a few new 2-Stars like Torch just to throw the odds back heavily in their favor.

komarkaze

Do people usually stockpile their covers and draw all at once? I do that thinking it increase my chances to get a gold cover. Hard to tell if it actually works, but I feel like I've been getting more golds this way.

After the last two weeks of no gold, I had 15 covers stockpiled from the PVE and PVP events. I redeemed them all this morning and got 3 gold covers. Unfortunately, 2 of them were covers that I already maxed out (Daredevil pink and Hulk green). The last one was a Nick Fury, so that's my first for him.

shaowebb

It's wonky. Basically, from what I've seen, all 2-Stars have a ~7% chance to drop one of their covers, and it never changes. What does change though, is the chance of getting a specific 3-Star character. Basically, from what I can see, it works out that you have an ~80% chance of getting a 2-Star character (although it feels substantially higher) and an ~20% chance of getting a 3-Star. As they release more 3-Stars the chance of getting any specific one gets substantially lower. They also have tossed in a few new 2-Stars like Torch just to throw the odds back heavily in their favor.

At this point they've grown beyond their own system. They need to bottle neck the covers a little and seperate them into different pools. Heroes/Villains would work if they had actually put an equal amount of each in. Their current roster is all over the place. I wouldn't be surprised at the rate they are adding if eventually they have enough for Avengers, X Men, FF cast, and MISC. to have seperate pools.

They need to do something though. Folks can't progress.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

Hell, they have an Avengers event now. I guess that's a start. Gotta hit 300 to get another shot at OBW or MNT -_____-

zulux21

Do people usually stockpile their covers and draw all at once? I do that thinking it increase my chances to get a gold cover. Hard to tell if it actually works, but I feel like I've been getting more golds this way.

After the last two weeks of no gold, I had 15 covers stockpiled from the PVE and PVP events. I redeemed them all this morning and got 3 gold covers. Unfortunately, 2 of them were covers that I already maxed out (Daredevil pink and Hulk green). The last one was a Nick Fury, so that's my first for him.

I haven't had luck either way, with a stock pile or just randomly.
the off time I do actually get a 3 star cover it's always a patch, hulk, or punisher cover... all 3 of which I don't need any covers for lol.

I don't think I have gotten a useful cover for myself in the last 3 months over the course of 100 plus standards and 40 plus heroic (plus a number of event tokens) it's one of the main reasons I barely play anymore.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

Hell, they have an Avengers event now. I guess that's a start. Gotta hit 300 to get another shot at OBW or MNT -_____-

Yea I don't think I've ever gotten a 3-Star from an event-specific token. Actually, I got a Nick Fury from one, but that was definitely an outlier.

Spoit

The chance of getting a particular 3* cover keeps getting worse. They roll the rarity first, then they roll which cover it is inside that rarity band, with each cover being equally likely

The chance of getting a particular 3* cover keeps getting worse. They roll the rarity first, then they roll which cover it is inside that rarity band, with each cover being equally likely

Ah. They explain it really poorly. I wasn't sure if it rolled a rarity then went from there or if they just basically assigned every cover in the game a number and randomly drew one. Neither would surprise me when it comes to MPQ.

New PvE is a re-run of Deadpool vs MPQ from about 6 weeks ago, I think it was. Punisher covers for the top bunch in the brackets. Yawn, but I'll farm some good iso from it.

Doing well in the PvP, though. Sitting 13th or something for now, it'll be a good one. I'm alternating between Hulk/Lazy Cap/Black Panther and Hulk/Lazy Thor/Hawkeye. Still love Speed Shot.

New PvE is a re-run of Deadpool vs MPQ from about 6 weeks ago, I think it was. Punisher covers for the top bunch in the brackets. Yawn, but I'll farm some good iso from it.

Doing well in the PvP, though. Sitting 13th or something for now, it'll be a good one. I'm alternating between Hulk/Lazy Cap/Black Panther and Hulk/Lazy Thor/Hawkeye. Still love Speed Shot.

I assume Colossus is required for it, so I'm glad the rewards are a character I've had maxed since 'nam. Although, I could still use Green Cover, but it's probably not worth the effort.

I have been using almost the identical setup. Hulk\Rogers\BP or Hawkeye is what I'm using most. If I had the ISO to level my LThor I would probably be slipping him in there somewhere.

zulux21

I assume Colossus is required for it, so I'm glad the rewards are a character I've had maxed since 'nam. Although, I could still use Green Cover, but it's probably not worth the effort.

I have been using almost the identical setup. Hulk\Rogers\BP or Hawkeye is what I'm using most. If I had the ISO to level my LThor I would probably be slipping him in there somewhere.

from what I am seeing colossus is required.

That Avengers tourney was fun. Just missed top 25, though, as usual.

Now to polish up my X-men.

I need more Punisher covers, so I'm hoping to place highly in the PVE. Doing pretty well so far.

zulux21

im boredly going for the 20k colossus reward and the only people in the alliance with more points then me are people who already have him and can play the required nodes for extra points :p

im boredly going for the 20k colossus reward and the only people in the alliance with more points then me are people who already have him and can play the required nodes for extra points :p

Sorry for your luck. Got it yesterday, so it's nice to have two covers on him now.

Suddenly tons of people are playing the second Deadpool event, so I'm quickly falling in the rankings. Gotta step my game up!

zulux21

Sorry for your luck. Got it yesterday, so it's nice to have two covers on him now.

Suddenly tons of people are playing the second Deadpool event, so I'm quickly falling in the rankings. Gotta step my game up!

I didn't try to get him the first time, I just knew from the first time they ran this that the progression rewards were pretty easy to get in this event so I am going after him, I should get him with no issue, and then I just still need beast.

it's a shame the actual pve rewards are complete garbage lol I am still rank 25 after not playing for 10 hours in the event ><;

I didn't try to get him the first time, I just knew from the first time they ran this that the progression rewards were pretty easy to get in this event so I am going after him, I should get him with no issue, and then I just still need beast.

it's a shame the actual pve rewards are complete garbage lol I am still rank 25 after not playing for 10 hours in the event ><;

The work versus the reward is not very good in these PVE events. I'm basically playing steadily throughout the 2-7 days just for one or two covers at the end.

They need to increase the chances, I think.

zulux21

The work versus the reward is not very good in these PVE events. I'm basically playing steadily throughout the 2-7 days just for one or two covers at the end.

They need to increase the chances, I think.

I ended up in 36th... I forgot to go back and finish getting to 20k I ended at 16k all I needed to do was come back and do like 5 matches to get 20k... oh well lol maybe I will eventually get beast or colosis from a token

Spoit

I...uh...got top 50 after more or less blowing off the 2nd sub completely (just grabbing the iso mountain and then leaving it)

zulux21

I...uh...got top 50 after more or less blowing off the 2nd sub completely (just grabbing the iso mountain and then leaving it)

yeah i at least got the iso mountain but i totally meant to get the 20k reward... oh well lol
time to tank some more events so when a character releases that i actually want I can snag a few covers...

Yeah, didn't put too much into the Deadpool event. Got top 10 on the PvP that gave out Mohawks, though.

Hoping to do well in the Children of the Atom PvP for some more Colossuseses. Currently have one of each cover.

NineH

It sucks so hard when you get a 3 star out of an event token and its for a character you have maxed out already. There were so many characters in this xmen pvp that I am missing many covers for and they give me the one where I already have them at max.

Also, how is tanking done nowadays anyway? just lose pvp constantly? A while back it was so easy to do but now it seems more difficult to tank efficiently.

zulux21

It sucks so hard when you get a 3 star out of an event token and its for a character you have maxed out already. There were so many characters in this xmen pvp that I am missing many covers for and they give me the one where I already have them at max.

Also, how is tanking done nowadays anyway? just lose pvp constantly? A while back it was so easy to do but now it seems more difficult to tank efficiently.

tell me about it... out of the last 20 or so 3 star characters I have gotten from tokens in the last 3 months... exactly 1 has been usable for me and I only have 3 max cover 3 stars lol.

as for tanking... not sure... but you know only playing a prologue match a day and entering events with a single match (even winning) seems to do good to throw yourself down in rankings as when I actually try in an event it's typically pretty easy to place high, granted I only try every 5th event or so right now because I can't be bothered to go for covers for characters I don't play anymore.

shaowebb

The gauntlet is messed up IMO. Long progression, low progression awards and yet it ranks you and has no rank rewards? Yeah...the rank rewards are missing IMO. Otherwise why give me rank for this.

I made it through, got 6th because no one cares and unlocked Gauntlet Hero Mode which is nine kinds of "fuck that shit", with equally garbage progression rewards. If this isn't a mistake, then its the most unrewarding experience they've ever created for PVE hands down. If it is a mistake they better fix it fast...folks who played it early will be ticked if it suddenly shows up near the end with rewards for rank and they slept on it till then.

shaowebb

you...uh...realize that rank is just who finished it first right? There's no RBing so the max points are the same

I realize rank didn't have any prizes listed. I finished 5th...now I'm 6th. Rank is still based on points on this Gauntlet PVE which is why I think its busted. There was literally no reason to play that thing with rewards so dull. It just screams that it should have had a Rank reward.

Spoit

I realize rank didn't have any prizes listed. I finished 5th...now I'm 6th. Rank is still based on points on this Gauntlet PVE which is why I think its busted. There was literally no reason to play that thing with rewards so dull. It just screams that it should have had a Rank reward.

IIRC there are 3 3*s later on?

Anyway, according to DU_will, the reason they have rankings was because that's how the backend works. Not sharding would not be good for the servers. Also, the tabs would be lopsided.

shaowebb

IIRC there are 3 3*s later on?

Anyway, according to DU_will, the reason they have rankings was because that's how the backend works. Not sharding would not be good for the servers. Also, the tabs would be lopsided.

Which 3 stars? So far it seems like a snore and like there isn't much point to it. I'm halfway through heroic. Took time out to secure some points for another Colossus.

Spoit

I mean, pretty much every reward that isn't DP or newer is a complete waste for me, but you don't see me whining about it

shaowebb

Yeah not much point to this event. Gonna chill this weekend. Hate away on that opinion if you must Spoit, but it is what it is. DULL.

komarkaze

What's the best build for Hulk? I recently maxed out my covers at 5/5/3. But then this morning I got a Black cover (from a 1 star token!) so now I'm contemplating whether to rebuild. I'm thinking of going 5/4/4 because his Red power costs 14 and it doesn't do as much damage as I like compared to the cost. Also the 30% team damage risk makes it less likely for me to use the Red power.

Top Bottom