• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Don't forget to complete all the nodes to get the two hidden missions for the red Sentry... I knew this mission was the villain version of Hulk.

zulux21

Don't forget to complete all the nodes to get the two hidden missions for the red Sentry... I knew this mission was the villain version of Hulk.

it's a red this time?
twas a green the first time they ran this, if it's red this time it would actually be worth me going after it.

er if I had noticed with more than 2 min to go lo.

So...it looks like you can't have more than 75 unclaimed covers...weird.

Edit: Ignore me. I had 75, opened two and it didn't register. My next one did so I'm at 76. Still, weird.

Malmorian

Wow, scored Devil Dinosaur and have noooo room for him. What are the chances of drawing even another one. Worth it? Last thing I need right now is another 1 cover 3 star in my roster :/

I got goddamned Moonstone, then bought one for 50 and got goddamned 2* Cap.

I want Devil Dinosaur. I got Ares. :(

Ack. Sorry. Didn't mean to sound like a dick. Figured it was tied to the "present" image of the token.

Wow, scored Devil Dinosaur and have noooo room for him. What are the chances of drawing even another one. Worth it? Last thing I need right now is another 1 cover 3 star in my roster :/

I don't think anybody knows if he's worth it, but I wouldn't ever get rid of a *** or **** cover unless your covers are maxed out. I'm up to....48 characters and only a few of them are completely useless with a single cover: Colossus, She-Hulk, Deadl Pool, Devil Dinosaur & Beast. I'm a creature of habit. I'm sitting on 100k + of ISO and am always worried about dumping it into the wrong character.

Would it be so terrible to pay $2 to a game that you enjoy in order to buy another slot?

yes, yes it would

I hope you're kidding. If not, then I just don't get it. I've gotten more fun and enjoyment out of MPQ than most games I've paid $50+ for. I've definitely put more hours into it. The game isn't oppressively bad with the microtransactions. If it were, most of us wouldn't be playing it.

I never get why people are terrified to throw 2 bucks into a free game that they've obviously enjoyed.

I probably put in anywhere from $2-$6 every week for shields and stuff. I don't feel ripped off at all.

zulux21

well good news, it wouldn't be a 1 cover 3 star it would be a 1 cover 4 star :p

hands down you should hold onto it though as likely he will be a required character in a future event. just sell a 2 or 1 star if you have one left.

Spoit

I dunno, while it's pretty easy to make a marginal HP profit if you play conservatively, everything costs so prohibitively much that I just can't justify actually spending money, since you'd need to drop at least $20 to actually have much effect (like 2 covers worth).

Whereas in something like PAD, that would be enough to pretty much get you set for at least half a year in terms of stamina refreshes and slots, or enough to get multiple gods in a godfest, which you only need 1 of, instead of 13.

zulux21

I dunno, while it's pretty easy to make a marginal HP profit if you play conservatively, everything costs so prohibitively much that I just can't justify actually spending money, since you'd need to drop at least $20 to actually have much effect (like 2 covers worth).

Whereas in something like PAD, that would be enough to pretty much get you set for at least half a year in terms of stamina refreshes and slots, or enough to get multiple gods in a godfest, which you only need 1 of, instead of 13.

PAD is nice in the sense that I can just play casually and still make decent strides. I do a single match a day on average in PAD, and they give out enough stones that by the time a god fest comes around I can usually do 2 pulls... and that is after I used my stones to expand my rosters from the pal machine :p
I am like rank 25 in PAD and have a 300 slot roster :p I can't actually use most of my gods yet >.>;

Spoit

Yeah, I kind of hit a wall on my momentum in PAD too. Too many rolls to level up, not enough exp to go around. And my rank has been progressing slowly as I've pretty much just been hitting the supers now that it's practically every day

Yeah, I kind of hit a wall on my momentum in PAD too. Too many rolls to level up, not enough exp to go around. And my rank has been progressing slowly as I've pretty much just been hitting the supers now that it's practically every day

How you have enough time to play more than one of these games, I'll never know :)

But I'm just saying that the cost-benefit analysis of not adding a new character to your roster versus paying a measly $2 isn't even worth thinking about, if you enjoy the game and play regularly.

Spoit

How you have enough time to play more than one of these games, I'll never know :)

But I'm just saying that the cost-benefit analysis of not adding a new character to your roster versus paying a measly $2 isn't even worth thinking about, if you enjoy the game and play regularly.

Ah, yeah, I should probably decide who to drop to make space. Probably 2* daken, since even boosted last event, he was strictly worse than laken (less health, less strikes, less damage on blue)

zulux21

im having great luck with these anniversery tokens... I have gotten 5 of them now... and I have gotten 4 3 stars... 3 of which were covers I needed.

Blank!

just starting playing this again. Sunk 5 bucks for roster space cause damn... right now I have a small horde of tokens I'm afraid to open because I'm still working on a 1 star team. Kind of sucks.

Also, my luck has been sort of weird. I've managed to get a max-covered storm but my ironman only has 2 in red/yellow/3 blue. I've been afraid of maxing her out because she'll outlevel/tank stuff if I do but I'm not sure if it's holding me back any. My 2 cover options are incredibly limited. Also, unsure how high I should be raising Hawkeye/Black Widow. I know there stuff more or less doesn't scale so it's mostly for the HP/AoE protection.

Somehow lucked out with 3 of the buffed tier 2 characters for this deadpool event PvE though. Currently ranked 4th, doubt it'll last but still pretty good considering they started at 1 cover.

zulux21

the dino compels me to play
shielded at rank 2 in the deadpool event, using most of my healthpacks and what not to get there as I had some really really bad luck on my last 4 matches ><

komarkaze

I redeemed 25 covers this morning and ended up netting 4 3-star covers and a Devil Dinosaur out of it. The drops seem to be really good this week.

zulux21

Wow. PVP got way harder. I tried my 11 hour race to three hundred and barely cracked the top 300.

for me it was just a pain to constantly deal with level 270 xforce and or 270 fury. Granted I was a bit gimped with a mere level 80 after boost deadpool.

either way I got to where I wanted to be... and I totally could send people dino team ups... though they would suck :p

shaowebb

Most practical team I found for this PVP was to just do some kind of variation of Modern Hawkeye and 3 star Thor. It won't really work if you haven't got good battery stuff for Lazy Thor yet though. Mine isn't anything too good (1/2/2) but its enough to setup a solid battery with a lot of health and damage to feed M. Hawkeye speed shots. My third is pretty much Juggernaut for the health since I dumped all my other 1 stars long ago. Seems to move through matches fast with good health though. If you got more red/yellow covers than my pitiful 1 and 2 then you should do pretty dandy with this setup if you got your M. Hawkeye built.

Came back from vacation to see 8000 iso and 7 cover tokens. Got another Devil Dino (now 1 red/1 purple). Storm/Daken/Thor (1 star to 3 star) PvP team seems to be a winner. Love this anniversary stuff.

Also, X-Force Wolvie is great now and I've been praising Hawkeye's new Speed Shot ability for a while now :p

shaowebb

Came back from vacation to see 8000 iso and 7 cover tokens. Got another Devil Dino (now 1 red/1 purple). Storm/Daken/Thor (1 star to 3 star) PvP team seems to be a winner. Love this anniversary stuff.

Also, X-Force Wolvie is great now and I've been praising Hawkeye's new Speed Shot ability for a while now :p

Yeah that speed shot in this PVP is just plain robbing teams. I didn't play much at all today and when I saw how far my rank was when I started it was like 400 or some crazy shit. Marched it up into the top 100 pretty quick. Its fallen again, but hey its nice to know I don't have to spend so long in matches.

zulux21

Did they finally make him worthwhile? I was out of cell range last night and couldn't do anything in the event. I could take my X-Force Wolvie to 147 but it's never been worth it.

he is worthwhile on defense, not sure about for repeated battles though as I am not sure how reliable his heal is... but his green move does good damage now, and his black move is really painful if your team is good at a certain color.

shaowebb

X- Force Wolverine (highlighted the coolest part)

New
Surgical Strike - Black 11 AP
Wolverine attacks with ruthless precision, crippling his enemy's ability to retaliate. Destroys every tile in the enemy team's strongest color, dealing 32 damage per tile. Does not generate AP.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Deals 87 damage per tile.
Level 3: Deals 137 damage per tile.
Level 4: Also reduces enemy AP in their strongest color by 10.
Level 5: Deals 265 damage per tile. Destroyed tiles now generate AP.
Max Level: 522 damage per tile

New
Recovery - Yellow 9 AP
Wolverine's healing factor repairs his wounds, and he ferociously lashes out if interrupted. Places a 3-turn Yellow Countdown tile that heals for 1187 damage when activated. If the Countdown tile is matched, Wolverine destroys 6 random tiles, dealing 32 damage per tile. Does not generate AP.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Heals Wolverine for 1662 or deals 45 damage per tile.
Level 3: Heals Wolverine for 2137 or deals 58 damage per tile.
Level 4: Heals Wolverine for 3086 or deals 83 damage per tile.
Level 5: Heals Wolverine for 4985 or destroys 9 tiles and deals 83 damage per tile.
Max Level: Heals for 9989 or destroys 9 tiles and deals 164 damage per tile.

NEW
X-Force - Green 8 AP
Wolverine unleashes his berserker rage, cutting with his adamantium claws. Deals 164 damage and destroys 5 tiles in a 3x3 X-shaped pattern. Does not generate AP.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Deals 465 damage.
Level 3: Destroys 9 tiles in a 5x5 X-shaped pattern.
Level 4: Deals 1030 damage.
Level 5: Deals 1731, then destroys 15 tiles in three 3x3 X-shaped patterns.
Max Level: 3441 damage

Blank!

Do tokens ever expire? I'm pretty sure the recruit/heroic tokens don't but I see a countdown for the venon/anniversary ones and I don't have the space, I'm afraid I'll open then and get something good -_- Do they stay there forever until opened or do I have to bite the bullet before the event ends?

Spoit

Do tokens ever expire? I'm pretty sure the recruit/heroic tokens don't but I see a countdown for the venon/anniversary ones and I don't have the space, I'm afraid I'll open then and get something good -_- Do they stay there forever until opened or do I have to bite the bullet before the event ends?

They used to convert back to heroics but now they just hang around indefinitely

Spoit

I'd strongly suggest trying to do these lightning rounds, the double ISO makes them worth a pretty crazy amount of ISO

Dalek

Is it me....or has the AI bumped up quite a bit? I'm losing many many more games than I used to. Sometimes the AI just gets cascade after cascade after cascade. It's frustrating as hell.

Is it me....or has the AI bumped up quite a bit? I'm losing many many more games than I used to. Sometimes the AI just gets cascade after cascade after cascade. It's frustrating as hell.
I find that the AI tends to get really good right when they're about to lose. I'll routinely lose 1500 health in no time when I was previously near full health. It's annoying.

Top Bottom