• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

I think we can do better than just top 500!

I was just looking at the season rewards, as I got my Heroic 10-pack (Deadpool and She-Hulk among the usual Ares covers), and I think we're sitting around #440.

But yes, overall we should be doing well. I believe I saw 15 people played yesterday when I got my daily stuff.

Mknzy

Jesus Christ I gotta get on that.
You get one of each color as your daily reward on day 365, day 366, and day 367

I've had a good day today, I'm about half way through the 3rd section of Gauntlet and getting solid wins despite my opponents being at level 200 at this point. Plus on top of my Lazy Daken cover I got for completing section two this morning, I got a 2nd one out of a token I earned. Puts me to 1/3/3 hopefully I can get some use out of him soon. I could really use a 3* with a good, solid purple.

You get one of each color as your daily reward on day 365, day 366, and day 367

I've had a good day today, I'm about half way through the 3rd section of Gauntlet and getting solid wins despite my opponents being at level 200 at this point. Plus on top of my Lazy Daken cover I got for completing section two this morning, I got a 2nd one out of a token I earned. Puts me to 1/3/3 hopefully I can get some use out of him soon. I could really use a 3* with a good, solid purple.

Where can I see the date I started? Is that anywhere in the Android app?

Edit: Never mind - I see my first post in this thread where I had no idea how the covers worked. Nov 3, 2013. I guess I'm close!!!

Mknzy

Where can I see the date I started? Is that anywhere in the Android app?

Edit: Never mind - I see my first post in this thread where I had no idea how the covers worked. Nov 3, 2013. I guess I'm close!!!

Also when you get your daily reward out tells you what day you are on

Mknzy

So they are boosting all alliances to 20 slots from here on out, you don't have to buy slots with HP anymore. I think it is a good change, and it looks like they are going to work with alliances that recently bought slots to get them their HP back. For alliances that have had all slots for a while, they feel that the extra ISO/Covers you have gotten from being in a large alliance have paid for your investment and then some. Should be a good change for the game though.

Should be a decent week, reward-wise. I could have sworn I was playing in October last year but I guess not.

WvV8zqf.jpg

mrbagdt

if there is anyone that needs +1 for their alliance let me know, id like to join. i'm just starting this game but i do play regularly. thanks!

Tobor

I can't believe there's this many people still playing the game! It's basically the only iPhone game I play anymore.

Can I join GAF-vengers? I play everyday.

zulux21

Kitty Pryde?
if so I know an event I will be trying hard on.
night crawler not so much.
So they are boosting all alliances to 20 slots from here on out, you don't have to buy slots with HP anymore. I think it is a good change, and it looks like they are going to work with alliances that recently bought slots to get them their HP back. For alliances that have had all slots for a while, they feel that the extra ISO/Covers you have gotten from being in a large alliance have paid for your investment and then some. Should be a good change for the game though.

They really should just be giving out a token gesture to the alliances that bought slots regardless.

something like 1000 iso +50hp for each slot you bought plus a heroic token for each 5 slots bought... yes the alliances had an advantage in general, but plenty of people spent money to not see much from it.

mrbagdt

So still figuring out how to start out in this...

What does it mean when I read people saying they need to let nodes 'refresh'?

Do most people not play the versus / PVE stuff until right before it ends? I played the blade PVP thing for awhile and was winning over and over, got several cool covers, but now the teams I am against are all way over my level and I can't win any of them.

To get the re-supply, I have to finish a mission, correct? I can't replay a mission and get the resupply?

HildyB

So still figuring out how to start out in this...

What does it mean when I read people saying they need to let nodes 'refresh'?

Do most people not play the versus / PVE stuff until right before it ends? I played the blade PVP thing for awhile and was winning over and over, got several cool covers, but now the teams I am against are all way over my level and I can't win any of them.

To get the re-supply, I have to finish a mission, correct? I can't replay a mission and get the resupply?

If you go into a fight you did already, in the top left is a number of points you get for winning the fight. If you do it right after you beat it, it is less points. There is a timer associated to it that will tell you when it gets to its full value again.

I like to play the VS with maybe 5 or 6 hours left, lets me get a higher rank before I get swatted back down. You can skip fights in hopes of lower ranking ones again, but at some point you just need to walk away.

Resupply is just completing a match, pvp or pve. don't think it matters.

All that said, I finally made a profile for FB trading.

Edit: account deleted by FB

mrbagdt

If you go into a fight you did already, in the top left is a number of points you get for winning the fight. If you do it right after you beat it, it is less points. There is a timer associated to it that will tell you when it gets to its full value again.

I like to play the VS with maybe 5 or 6 hours left, lets me get a higher rank before I get swatted back down. You can skip fights in hopes of lower ranking ones again, but at some point you just need to walk away.

Resupply is just completing a match, pvp or pve. don't think it matters.

All that said, I finally made a profile for FB trading.

thanks for the pointers, i appreciate it.

i tried joining the GAF alliance but i am pending and there is only one spot so i wonder if several others are pending to try and take it? otherwise i will just join one of the other alliances mentioned in here.

one more question- when you get high level characters and they have more health does it just take longer and longer for them to heal? or does the healing scale in some way?

zulux21

Cool. I could use a PVE to refresh my ISO, anyway.

if I could give you my 70k iso I would o.o;

as for Mystique, if she is good I expect to see her paired with xforce a lot as his big bad move is black and she would control a lot of the board.

if she isn't good then she will be just another character to ignore in the giant pool of characters to ignore as instead of balancing the weaker characters into more competitive characters they just continue to push out new ones :/

if I could give you my 70k iso I would o.o;

as for Mystique, if she is good I expect to see her paired with xforce a lot as his big bad move is black and she would control a lot of the board.

if she isn't good then she will be just another character to ignore in the giant pool of characters to ignore as instead of balancing the weaker characters into more competitive characters they just continue to push out new ones :/

Blade seems like he could be quite useful at higher levels. Too bad I missed him entirely...

My Level 104 LThor is crushing fools in this PVP, though.

Mknzy

LThor is easily one of the best characters in the game. I run mine at 3/5/5 and it is rare to fire yellow and not get a cascade from it turning 9 tiles to green, and often times I can fire green immediatly afterwords.

The thing that I think is going to hurt Mystique is the countdown tile and having to combo two skills to do real damage. I think Invisible Woman kinda shows that doesn't work very well as you have to generate a lot of AP in two colors in order to go off. LThor you basicly just need 12 yellow, and XForce you just need 11 black and you fire with potentially game winning damage and cascades. Cost is one of the reasons GSBW isn't as viable. Sniper Rifle is powerful, but getting 16 green to fire it can take forever. For 12 black you can fire Rage of the Panther and do about 4k to the entire enemy party at level 166. They really need good purple users at the 3* level as there aren't a lot of options, but most of the ones they are throwing us just don't cut it. I am curious to see how Blade plays out at high level, to see if he can be a viable purple user for 3* teams.

Mknzy

I have the damndest time getting covers for him. Green is maxed, but R2 Y1 sucks. Really want that yellow. I should just pay $100 or so to max it out (kidding, of course...or am I?).

All I will say is that if you WERE to invest that kind of money on a character, he would be the only one worth doing it with. However, I don't think even LThor is worth THAT kind of money *laughs*

I have the damndest time getting covers for him. Green is maxed, but R2 Y1 sucks. Really want that yellow. I should just pay $100 or so to max it out (kidding, of course...or am I?).

I've been maining Patch for months now at lvl 127 and I still don't have a single red cover.

My Lazy Thor is only at 1/2/5 so I think that would put him around 100 were I to level him up. Worthwhile?

Also, my hood is 5/0/4. Worth leveling that?

Mknzy

I've been maining Patch for months now at lvl 127 and I still don't have a single red cover.

My Lazy Thor is only at 1/2/5 so I think that would put him around 100 were I to level him up. Worthwhile?

Hood's biggest ability is his blue, so I would hold off on investing in him unless you can get 5 blue covers. Lazy Thor is arguably the best character in the game, he has high HP, all his abilities do good to great damage, and his yellow can cause cascades and empowers his green which does massive damage. Personally I run my LThor at level 166 at 3/5/5 but you can go 4/4/5 as well. He is surely worth investing in if you can get the rest of his covers.

I have never been a fan of Patch. His abilities are too double edged sword for my liking. If Loki were more viable he and Patch would be a great team up, because then you run Patch's green, then use Loki's black to turn the strike tiles your opponent gets into protect tiles for you. Personally my other most liked characters at 3* level are Black Panther for strike/protect/massive party damage, and Punisher for strike tiles and great finishing ability for high HP targets once you get them below a certain % of health.

Hood's biggest ability is his blue, so I would hold off on investing in him unless you can get 5 blue covers. Lazy Thor is arguably the best character in the game, he has high HP, all his abilities do good to great damage, and his yellow can cause cascades and empowers his green which does massive damage. Personally I run my LThor at level 166 at 3/5/5 but you can go 4/4/5 as well. He is surely worth investing in if you can get the rest of his covers.

I have never been a fan of Patch. His abilities are too double edged sword for my liking. If Loki were more viable he and Patch would be a great team up, because then you run Patch's green, then use Loki's black to turn the strike tiles your opponent gets into protect tiles for you. Personally my other most liked characters at 3* level are Black Panther for strike/protect/massive party damage, and Punisher for strike tiles and great finishing ability for high HP targets once you get them below a certain % of health.

Thanks!

I was wrong...my Lazy Thor is only 1/1/5 so if I level him up he'll just be 94, and not work it with a 3/5/5 ** Thor on the roster.

I just realized I rarely use my level 127 Punisher's red to take down < 30% HP opponents. Need to remember that.

Mknzy

Ouch. They aren't giving us much to work with for Heroic Jugs. For our only usable characters we have

3* Black Panther/Colossus/GSBW
2* Wolvie/Modern Mags/Ms. Marvel
1* Modern Storm/IM35

I'm probally going with Panther/GSBW/Wolvie for this one. Going to be rough.

shaowebb

Im using Panther Wolverine +other and they wipe the computer on their own. So many tiles for bonus damage most 3 tile pairs hit for over 1200. I coupled them with MN Mags to take advantage of this with his ability to place 5 blue. Figured it'd create some super high damage cascades to instant wipe with and its working out well.

Mystique looks good. I could see her getting as much play as Hood or more as a thief character.

Mknzy

Im using Panther Wolverine +other and they wipe the computer on their own. So many tiles for bonus damage most 3 tile pairs hit for over 1200. I coupled them with MN Mags to take advantage of this with his ability to place 5 blue. Figured it'd create some super high damage cascades to instant wipe with and its working out well.

Mystique looks good. I could see her getting as much play as Hood or more as a thief character.

The only thing that I question on her is that for her to do big damage you have to combo two abilities together, which is a lot of AP to save up. I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out with her.

This PvE reminds me how much I hate fighting Juggs, especially one that's buffed.

Panther's yellow makes fights way easier, though.

Mknzy

This PvE reminds me how much I hate fighting Juggs, especially one that's buffed.

Panther's yellow makes fights way easier, though.

Yeah if I didn't have a 5/3/5 166 Panther I'd probably be really struggling with headbutts for days. Plus only top 20 get two covers this time. Ouch!

Yeah if I didn't have a 5/3/5 166 Panther I'd probably be really struggling with headbutts for days. Plus only top 20 get two covers this time. Ouch!
Sadly, mine is 5/3/1, so my yellow rocks but the black is lacking.

And I managed to pull a red Deadpool cover with a heroic token, so that was cool.

I got a Falcon from a standard token today. Pretty good. Now I just need to get a slot to put him in.

Pay the $2. Support the game that you're putting a ton of time into.

Your LThor would be 104, I think, like mine. But I see that you can only get him to 94. He's not as powerful without a good yellow. My yellow at 1 only adds a few greens. I could see him pairing well with Hawkeye's Speedshot (same with GSBW).

Mknzy

Your LThor would be 104, I think, like mine. But I see that you can only get him to 94. He's not as powerful without a good yellow. My yellow at 1 only adds a few greens. I could see him pairing well with Hawkeye's Speedshot (same with GSBW).

The problem with sniper rifle with gsbw is that horrible 19 ap cost. Even with deceptive tactics and LThors yellow i can't see a situation where you would wait for that over casting Call the Storm.

On another note my current alliance has gone mostly inactive and I have 4 open slots if anyone here wants to join a more casual alliance. We have never ranked high enough in alliance rankings for covers but with some fresh blood we might do better. The alliance name is Pa La Pinga and its a private alliance so search us out and if you want to join request it and let me know who you are in here.

The problem with sniper rifle with gsbw is that horrible 19 ap cost. Even with deceptive tactics and LThors yellow i can't see a situation where you would wait for that over casting Call the Storm.

On another note my current alliance has gone mostly inactive and I have 4 open slots if anyone here wants to join a more casual alliance. We have never ranked high enough in alliance rankings for covers but with some fresh blood we might do better. The alliance name is Pa La Pinga and its a private alliance so search us out and if you want to join request it and let me know who you are in here.

Even our mostly active alliance doesn't rank high enough for covers. Just some ISO and HP. :(

Mknzy

God damn so many of the new characs look so def. I wish it wasn't so hard to get them without a maxed x-force.

:(

Actually the big thing with XForce is that you want 5 black covers. You really don't want to take him above about level 210 which puts him on par with a 3* character strength wise. If you take him all the way to 270 he will really screw up your scaling in all PvE events, and that would be a nightmare. I have mine at 180 and I am pretty good with keeping him there.

Top Bottom