• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Actually the big thing with XForce is that you want 5 black covers. You really don't want to take him above about level 210 which puts him on par with a 3* character strength wise. If you take him all the way to 270 he will really screw up your scaling in all PvE events, and that would be a nightmare. I have mine at 180 and I am pretty good with keeping him there.

Good to know.

Of course I'm at 5/3/5 wth him. What do you reccomend, 5/5/3 or 3/5/5?

Mknzy

Good to know.

Of course I'm at 5/3/5 wth him. What do you reccomend, 5/5/3 or 3/5/5?

It really depends on who you are going to be pairing him up with. I run him with LThor, so I am going to build him to 3/5/5 because Call the Storm will be preferable to his green. If his green isn't going to conflict with the characters you use as your main party, then 5/5/3 may be the way to go. The black at 5 is the big key though, that is his killer ability. Destroy all tiles in their strongest color, generating AP for every tile destroyed, and drain their AP by up to 10 in that color? Death in one move. All for 10 black. That's why I don't pair him up with my level 166 Panther, because I would never use Rage of the Panther over that, and Rage is a MASSIVE move for damage. Right now I run OBW/XForce/LThor as my go to team, with Panther and Punisher for missions where I can't use one of them. It's espically nice against a team where yellow/green are the other teams strongest color because I can throw off Black, it generates me Yellow or Green which leads to Thor almost surely firing off. That is just impossible to come back from.

Spoit

What? X-force's green is his best move. 4k+ damage for only 8 AP? That's enough to make hood a non-issue if you boost

5/5/3 is the only build, the damage on his yellow even @5 is pretty marginal, and 3 is already quite sufficient healing

Mknzy

What? X-force's green is his best move. 4k+ damage for only 8 AP? That's enough to make hood a non-issue if you boost

5/5/3 is the only build, the damage on his yellow even @5 is pretty marginal, and 3 is already quite sufficient healing

X-Force - Green 8 AP
Wolverine unleashes his berserker rage, cutting with his adamantium claws. Deals 164 damage and destroys 5 tiles in a 3×3 X-shaped pattern. Does not generate AP.
Level 2: Deals 465 damage.
Level 3: Destroys 9 tiles in a 5×5 X-shaped pattern.
Level 4: Deals 1030 damage.
Level 5: Deals 1731, then destroys 15 tiles in three 3×3 X-shaped patterns.
Max Level: 3441 damage

Surgical Strike - Black 11 AP
Wolverine attacks with ruthless precision, crippling his enemy's ability to retaliate. Destroys every tile in the enemy team's strongest color, dealing 32 damage per tile. Does not generate AP.
Level 2: Deals 87 damage per tile.
Level 3: Deals 137 damage per tile.
Level 4: Also reduces enemy AP in their strongest color by 10.
Level 5: Deals 265 damage per tile. Destroyed tiles now generate AP.
Max Level: 522 damage per tile

I don't know how you can compare those two and say that green is better than black. Black at 270 does 522 damage per tile destroyed, generates AP for every tile destroyed, and reduces their AP in that color by as many as 10. It also has greater potential for cascades by the fact that it completely eliminates a color from the board. It cripples their offense, and can potentially do MORE damage than green can. Also in a situation like mine, where you aren't going to level him to 270 in order to avoid screwing up your PvE level curve, Black becomes that much stronger. It may be 3 AP more but the potential pay off is far higher. Even if you only destroy say, 4 tiles with the attack, that is still 2088 damage to one target, you generated 4 of that color, and you drain as much as 10 AP in their strongest color which can be a huge hinderance if they are going for a Call the Storm/Sniper Rifle/Rage of the Panther or other high damage high AP move.

Overall I agree with you that 5/5/3 is likely his best build, but to me the most important thing to have is the 5 covers in black, the rest is ancilliary

Spoit

Green is your basic attack, even though it's only a 4 AP difference, you're probably going to be casting it like 3-4 times a fight, compared to SS's 1 (though that one pretty much means the fight is over). Especially since green is a much more common color to steal than black, which is pretty much just punisher, daken, and blade iirc

Mknzy

Would you try to use X-Force over Call the Storm if you are pairing him up with LThor? Personally I always save my green and hit with Call the Storm leaving X-Force available if I need it to finish a target real quick. Plus I am working on a LDaken to be the third for the group, though depending on how they work out I may go for Blade or Mystique instead.

Malmorian

^ Exactly. I've been playing every day for almost a year and if I see one more mission involving Juggs or Venom i'm going to hurl

ScrubJay

On the one hand, Venom and Juggernaut are played out.

On the other hand, introducing new villains would mean spending even more ISO and HP on character slots, yecchhh. They're already putting too many characters in the game.

This game needs new villains, the Dark Avengers have run their course.

No no no no no. More new characters will decrease your chance of getting covers for characters you already have, thereby reducing the chances of building a good team. I'm now at 49 covers and the rapid introduction of new covers is probably going to be what makes me stop. I can feel it coming.

mreddie

No no no no no. More new characters will decrease your chance of getting covers for characters you already have, thereby reducing the chances of building a good team. I'm now at 49 covers and the rapid introduction of new covers is probably going to be what makes me stop. I can feel it coming.

True but I still want these guys to come...

detail.jpg

d41be146834f29e931c3cbf1ee437143.jpg

taskmaster.jpg

I'm just really tried of fighting Daken. Regenerating cheap bastard.

Mknzy

I'm in a tough bracket for this one. I'm at 61000 and sitting in 12th place with first place sitting at just over 68. Still i should have a decent chance at a top 10 finish.

Had anyone had some of the essential nodes actually getting weaker as the event goes on? I can't remember for sure but i seem to be having less and less trouble with them and the matches are going faster and faster each time.

Yeah, the first one with Juggs is now a trivial rather than easy.

And I'm sitting like 60th with 53000 pts, i think. Just one cover for me.

Went top 50 for PvP and was 51st in PvE, netting me another Mohawk and my first Mystique.

Season's done and I have 5 Heroic tokens waiting for me after work. Hopefully they aren't all 2-star Caps.

Mknzy

I finished the PvE a little over 80k, which landed me in 12th place. I would have loved a top 10 for all 3 covers, but there was a 1900 point gap between myself and the guy in 10th place, and there was no way I was going to be able to cover that. Still, two covers ain't bad. Slots defidently getting expensive though.

On another note, apparently now anyone who spent HP on alliance roster spots will get it refunded in the next couple of weeks, no matter how long ago it was.

NineH

Slots defidently getting expensive though.

Yeah it sucks having to spend 700 hp in order to put Mystique on my roster. I save my hp now mostly to cover new roster slots. Good thing for the alliance hp refund though, that should cover a few slots.

Mknzy

Yeah it sucks having to spend 700 hp in order to put Mystique on my roster. I save my hp now mostly to cover new roster slots. Good thing for the alliance hp refund though, that should cover a few slots.

Kinda my thought there as well.

Kinda my thought there as well.

I just had to spend HP on slots for the ** Ms Marvel and Fury (finally). I only have a couple hundred left and a Mystique waiting to be recruited.

I really don't want to spend any more real money on this game so maybe it's time to ditch Yelena.

Mknzy

I just had to spend HP on slots for the ** Ms Marvel and Fury (finally). I only have a couple hundred left and a Mystique waiting to be recruited.

I really don't want to spend any more real money on this game so maybe it's time to ditch Yelena.

The only 1* covers I have kept are IM35 Modern Widow, and Modern Storm, I ditched all the rest. Yelena is useless, so I would say ditch her. I also don't have Bullseye from 2* range, and I don't have Fury or She-Thor yet.

I willingly don't have Yelena, Bag-Man, Bullseye or one-star Hawkeye. I believe I have at least a cover of everyone else aside from the new Thorette.

I willingly don't have Yelena, Bag-Man, Bullseye or one-star Hawkeye. I believe I have at least a cover of everyone else aside from the new Thorette.

Bullseye is really handy in some of the PVP events where he is buffed. He can be a real pain to play against.

Currently I'm missing four: Blade, Doctor Octopus, Thorette & three-star Captain Marvel.

I hate the thought of getting rid someone but I may just bite the bullet and dispose of Yelena.

Spoit

Gold bagman does everything bullseye does but...well, not better, since they both still suck, but at least he's featured occasionally?

Mknzy

So new PvE event should start today, hoping it is the finale for Dark Reign that they have been talking about, I really want to see an actual new PvE event, the only new ones we have had in ages were The Gauntlet and Deadpool vs. MPQ. Nothing story related sience they did the Dark Avengers PvE with the Sentry.

So new PvE event should start today, hoping it is the finale for Dark Reign that they have been talking about, I really want to see an actual new PvE event, the only new ones we have had in ages were The Gauntlet and Deadpool vs. MPQ. Nothing story related sience they did the Dark Avengers PvE with the Sentry.

I feel like there'd be such huge fanfare for a new PVE so I can't get my hopes up. I'm so desperate for one that when they announced "New! Event End Times!" I thought they meant a new event called "End Times".

:(

Mknzy

I feel like there'd be such huge fanfare for a new PVE so I can't get my hopes up. I'm so desperate for one that when they announced "New! Event End Times!" I thought they meant a new event called "End Times".

:(

One would think, but they might try to ambush us or something.

Kinda curious about what these PVP matchmaking changes are going to be that they are testing.

Mknzy

Yup, simulator is up and running

Mystique purple cover at 160000 points

Ranking rewards giving Falcon covers

Buffed characters

Blue Lady
Big Green Guy
Red Cloak Man
Tiny Thor
Tiny Daken
Hawk with Shades

zulux21

Interesting. I wonder how they would work it, if it would run the same as the PC/mobile versions, or if it would be a stand alone game.

If I had a guess they will play the same as the PC/mobile games. The sony versions will play nice with PC/mobile people, and the microsoft version will have its own servers as microsoft rarely makes acceptations with playing nice with others aside from select huge games such as final fantasy 11.

If I had a guess they will play the same as the PC/mobile games. The sony versions will play nice with PC/mobile people, and the microsoft version will have its own servers as microsoft rarely makes acceptations with playing nice with others aside from select huge games such as final fantasy 11.

Wait you think i won't be able to carry over my characs?

zulux21

Wait you think i won't be able to carry over my characs?

I would imagine that would be possible but you will have to work with support. As it stands I can't currently bring my account between steam and my android tablet without contacting support and having them do it for me, but I end up facing everyone on steam.

Spoit

I would imagine that would be possible but you will have to work with support. As it stands I can't currently bring my account between steam and my android tablet without contacting support and having them do it for me, but I end up facing everyone on steam.

...? There's literally no differnce between the matchmaking on steam or on mobile

Mknzy

I rely on work and my cell for internet access for the immediate future, so this will likely be a pass for me if it can't be played online, I will stick to my cell.

zulux21

...? There's literally no differnce between the matchmaking on steam or on mobile

I suppose I wasn't clear enough.
Indeed matchmaking means I face both steam and mobile players. (thus the bit about facing everyone on steam)
my account how ever can not be moved from my steam account onto my tablet without contacting their support. I can't link my steam account to facebook or google play or anything like that and then load it on my android tablet, which is a huge shame because I would likely play more if I could easily play on steam at home and my tablet on the go (as most of my free time is on the go now... though I just play terra battle currently on the go >.>)

Mknzy

So I've pretty much decided to take a pass on The Simulator to take a bit of a break. I enjoy the simulator overall, but I just don't feel up to it right now for covers for a character I'm not really interested in, and the amount of time I would have to put in to hit that Mystique cover just isn't worth it. I will probally just go for the big ISO rewards for each phase of the event and leave it at that.

So I've pretty much decided to take a pass on The Simulator to take a bit of a break. I enjoy the simulator overall, but I just don't feel up to it right now for covers for a character I'm not really interested in, and the amount of time I would have to put in to hit that Mystique cover just isn't worth it. I will probally just go for the big ISO rewards for each phase of the event and leave it at that.

I'm doing the same. I don't have Mystique, so it's impossible for me to do well, anyway.

I need some time off. Don't kick me out of GAF-Vengers, please. I'll try to play a round or two every day.

Yeah isn't it like The Hood?

got that breh maxed out

Top Bottom