• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

I'm doing the same. I don't have Mystique, so it's impossible for me to do well, anyway.

I need some time off. Don't kick me out of GAF-Vengers, please. I'll try to play a round or two every day.

all I do is play the first mission of the prologue every day and then just do events that interest me.

Mknzy

I don't have Flacon maxed, but I am not as worried about him right now.

If the GAF alliance ever has a spot for me, knowing that I only really do PvE and not PvP, please let me know.

Mknzy

They've handed out the points for having bought slots. For paid out for the two that i got for my current alliance.

I don't have Flacon maxed, but I am not as worried about him right now.

If the GAF alliance ever has a spot for me, knowing that I only really do PvE and not PvP, please let me know.
You can join S.H.E.E.P. with me if you don't have an alliance. I play the PvE heavily as well.

Mknzy

You can join S.H.E.E.P. with me if you don't have an alliance. I play the PvE heavily as well.

I'm in an alliance with a friend but it's not exactly active. Do you have room for two by chance? I didn't think about it at first but he started playing before me so i don't want to abandon him.

I got a top 5 in the simulator round 1 by only 20 points. Active competition in that bracket. It is good because that second token got me a black panther cover.

hitoman

So this simulator PvE event....I went from the first round of having my normal and hard challenges being between levels 40-60, which I think for hard level 60 is ridiculously low. Then in round 2 my normal challenges are around level 120 and my hard is around 200. I'm guessing these are based on whatever focused character is required for that round. I had a lvl 40 mystique for round 1 and now round two my hulk is level 200 but cmon. I know it's been brought up a million times before but my turn to bitch about it.

Dalek

I swear to God, they've fucked with the AI in this game-I'm losing way more fights than I should-I'll be at nearly full health, and the AI takes its turn and it's special move after cascade after special move after team up after cascade, etc and I'm wiped out in one move. Now all 3 of those characters are dead and it takes forever for them to heal. It's very fucking aggravating

Mknzy

I'll probally never unlock them. 😔

Honestly if you aren't worried about trying to get all three covers at once allyou really have to do is hit the essential nodes every refresh. Basically just log in and do two our three quick boards every two and a half hours. Rubber banding will cover the time you are asleep.

Mknzy

Thick as thieves giving away Rocket and Groot is now live. 51-150 get one blue, 11-50 add green, 3-10 add yellow, 1-2 add a lady we can't see.

Powered up chars

Flyboy
Butterfly Lady
Punk Rock Chick
Ms. Fishnets
Little Bic
Adamantium Toothpicks

Progression ends with a Flyboy yellow at 80000.

Mknzy

The big threat with the Maggia are the muscle units. With OBW buffed if you have five blue they shouldn't be too rough to deal with.

zulux21

Guardian Folk look good, their cover looks cool, too.

I also hate the maggia. They're annoying.

their yellow move looks stupid good.

when you are low on health match yellow if you do get lots of life and remove the stupid useless team up stuff from your board likely lining up a good match or two.

so strong @_@

on the plus side the other two moves don't look that crazy good so they might not need a nerf, but man that yellow move is sexy.

Mknzy

their yellow move looks stupid good.

when you are low on health match yellow if you do get lots of life and remove the stupid useless team up stuff from your board likely lining up a good match or two.

so strong @_@

on the plus side the other two moves don't look that crazy good so they might not need a nerf, but man that yellow move is sexy.

Yeah i can see them being a force to be reckoned with for the yellow alone. They said at five covers it can recover them to full health from 25%.

zulux21

Yeah i can see them being a force to be reckoned with for the yellow alone. They said at five covers it can recover them to full health from 25%.

that was with assuming 9 tiles on the board....
I often have closer to 15 or so of them since I never match the darn things, and since the computer only has one team up anymore it's not a big deal if I let them have them all lol.

Mknzy

that was with assuming 9 tiles on the board....
I often have closer to 15 or so of them since I never match the darn things, and since the computer only has one team up anymore it's not a big deal if I let them have them all lol.

Yeah I rarely match team up tiles either. Most of the time i don't even have any equipped.

Mknzy

Good god, CMags with his new color spread is straight out broken when paired up with a Maggia Don. I can't kill him fast enough to keep him from hitting his blue and that does such a stupid amount of damage.

Good god, CMags with his new color spread is straight out broken when paired up with a Maggia Don. I can't kill him fast enough to keep him from hitting his blue and that does such a stupid amount of damage.
I've been having luck with Hulk/Lazy Cap with Falcon. Soak up some damage with Hulk, unleash some claps, then charge up the red and toss some shields. It's worked for me.

Mknzy

I've been having luck with Hulk/Lazy Cap with Falcon. Soak up some damage with Hulk, unleash some claps, then charge up the red and toss some shields. It's worked for me.

My Hulk/Lazy Cap aren't really leveled enough to face a set of 180s. I am running Lazy Cap with OBW and Falcon trying to fire Thor as fast as I can. May try switching Thor with XForce and see how that works.

I have them leveled enough that this might work. I'm getting destroyed with my normal Falcon/OBW/Astonishing Wolvie team that works pretty well against Maggia alone.

I have no idea how I'm going to catch up and get Rocket, though. I'm in like 200th place atm, will be 300-400 when I wake up.

Also, loving that I could choose when my Hulk Smash PVP would end. I'm in a way different time zone now (China), so the choice is good to have.

I had said Falcon thinking he was one of the required ones for that fight, I was wrong. I just kicked some ass with my Lazy Thor/Hulk/Lazy Daken team. This was on the two hard fights, including the Mags/IM/Don fight. Just make sure you have a Hulk spot open each time they're going to launch some attack from Mags, and Hulk'll soak it up and fuel Thor's Call the Storm, or Hulk can go clappy-clap.

Also, hot damn at this leaderboard. I'm gonna barely scrape by for Rocket & Groot.

Dalek

I had said Falcon thinking he was one of the required ones for that fight, I was wrong. I just kicked some ass with my Lazy Thor/Hulk/Lazy Daken team. This was on the two hard fights, including the Mags/IM/Don fight. Just make sure you have a Hulk spot open each time they're going to launch some attack from Mags, and Hulk'll soak it up and fuel Thor's Call the Storm, or Hulk can go clappy-clap.

Also, hot damn at this leaderboard. I'm gonna barely scrape by for Rocket & Groot.

I won't get them. :( so sad.

Just did a few rounds to close out the subevent, finished 39th, sitting around 40th overall in my main event bracket. Would do a full run through of the fights, let the points (and health packs) reset for two hours or so, come back and do it again, rinse and repeat. Managed to really climb with that strategy. I fully intend on doing that almost all weekend, too. That gruesome twosome shall be mine!

zulux21

Just did a few rounds to close out the subevent, finished 39th, sitting around 40th overall in my main event bracket. Would do a full run through of the fights, let the points (and health packs) reset for two hours or so, come back and do it again, rinse and repeat. Managed to really climb with that strategy. I fully intend on doing that almost all weekend, too. That gruesome twosome shall be mine!

my plan is to work and play smash all weekend long and just join the event on the last day with like 7 hours to go (if I am home) and then every 2 hours do matches >.> will land me a top 50 most likely.

I won't get them. :( so sad.

Yeah, no chance for me at this point. I will have to wait until the inevitable PVP version. I can shield hop up to top 25 if need be. Like I've said before, I have no problem spending some cash on this game. Though at this point, it'll cost me an additional 500 HP just to add the covers. Ugh.

NineH

What happens if you don't pick an end time for PvP? Do you just get thrown into the last one? I don't want to enter one right now for the GSBW PvP since I dont want to be immediately bracketed. I want to do a last minute push in hopefully a lighter bracket.

What happens if you don't pick an end time for PvP? Do you just get thrown into the last one? I don't want to enter one right now for the GSBW PvP since I dont want to be immediately bracketed. I want to do a last minute push in hopefully a lighter bracket.

Wondering the same thing. I chose a bracket that ends this afternoon and am curious to see how it plays out. Typically I join in the last 4 hours and get a sub 100 placement.

shaowebb

i just noticed the hood and sentry are getting nerfed...

sentry doesn't seem that horrible, but the hood change seems freaken moronic. it would be fine if the move didn't end his turn, but at 15 cost and ending your turn for 6k damage to one target... that is way worse then most other 3 star yellow moves.

Yeah...they seem big on nerfing over buffing at D3. They probably saw the abundance of Sentry and Hoods in higher rank matches and decided to nerf them on principle. They do that a lot.

zulux21

Yeah...they seem big on nerfing over buffing at D3. They probably saw the abundance of Sentry and Hoods in higher rank matches and decided to nerf them on principle. They do that a lot.

well they seem keen in general to contually nerf older characters to make newer characters look better, and then repeat the cycle.

Spoit

well they seem keen in general to contually nerf older characters to make newer characters look better, and then repeat the cycle.

That would require that they actually put out new characters that are usable in the first place. Blade is good, and mystique is situational, but other than that, their recent releases have been pretty terrible, like beast and doc ock.

shaowebb

I'm honestly surprised there aren't more Spiderman variants in this game given the whole Spider-verse story arc. Superior, Iron Spider, Miles Morales, Scarlet Spider...lots to pick through there.

I'm honestly surprised there aren't more Spiderman variants in this game given the whole Spider-verse story arc. Superior, Iron Spider, Miles Morales, Scarlet Spider...lots to pick through there.

The first variant failed terribly, so maybe that's why :)

I'm actually pretty surprised at how many Black Widow and Storms there are. Neither have ever struck me as major characters.

Top Bottom