• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Mknzy

and don't forget how crazy she is with some strike tiles as her damage triggers twice when she is the one matching purple, black or blue :p

I agree though she is still the most useful 2 star. That being said a buffed ares is very painful.

The best 2 star though is prenerf wolverine though :p
before his nerf he would rain down damage especially when coupled with the boosts back then, but that was one character nerf and like 3 or 4 boost nerfs ago (back then a 3 pack of +3 to two colors was 100 iso and the +3 to all colors for a 3 pack was 200 iso :/)

I remember those days. Good days.

Ape

Banned
I've been leveling up my ** black widow as well. She's pretty great, too. Colossus and Ares have been my go to team for the last couple days, just to throw Ares at people to get an extra sunder out of him.

Any way to predict what ability the Fastball Special triggers?

I've been leveling up my ** black widow as well. She's pretty great, too. Colossus and Ares have been my go to team for the last couple days, just to throw Ares at people to get an extra sunder out of him.

Any way to predict what ability the Fastball Special triggers?

I'm pretty sure it's random.

I haven't ventured to the gaming side in a while, but I've been stuck playing Marvel Puzzle quest for a while, and I'm looking upgrade my alliance so I can win better prizes.

Is there an GAF alliance I can join with active players?
I've got enough talent on my team to place pretty high in just about any event, but the current alliance I'm in only has 5 people and only 2 of us play often enough to score decent.

I finished in 15th place!! I grinded so hard to try to get into the top 10 so I could get the yellow power. Just waiting on Rocket and Groot to arrive now. I got the coins and ISO already.

Edit: yay!

late reply, but I'm skimming the thread backwards.
I had 7th place in this, and then got bumped to 11th at the last second... I was so pissed. If only I have checked my phone 5 minutes earlier, I would have finished 1 more match, gotten the top prize for the final challenge and gotten 10th place.

I just added a fake FB account and added it to the friend request list-add me if you can please:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008477415003

I just made one too. added you and a few names from the list linked in the OP.
should I just add everyone on the "you might know these people" list as well
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008492445529
(p.s. I've never used facebook, avoided it all these years).

Mknzy

ANOTHER character? i just can't. Didn't get R&G, def not going for Gamora. Kind of ridiculous.

They said all along that Gamora was going to come in an encore of Meet Rocket and Groot right after the first one ended. Unfortunatly with She-Thor being an essential character, me not having her, and 2 out of 3 essential nodes requiring her, I don't think I have a chance of getting her. Kinda pissed about it.

I haven't ventured to the gaming side in a while, but I've been stuck playing Marvel Puzzle quest for a while, and I'm looking upgrade my alliance so I can win better prizes.

Is there an GAF alliance I can join with active players?
I've got enough talent on my team to place pretty high in just about any event, but the current alliance I'm in only has 5 people and only 2 of us play often enough to score decent.
I may have one or two more spots soon. If so, I can let you know.

ANOTHER character? i just can't. Didn't get R&G, def not going for Gamora. Kind of ridiculous.

I'm with ya on that. I'm over collecting them all and gonna focus on leveling the ones I have instead.

In general I'm sorta burning out though. I mean, am I gonna really grind for an hour or more to maybe get a cover for a character I will probably never use? I have tons of low level heros, adding more doesn't interest me anymore.

mrbagdt

I'm gonna go ahead and drop the person I was watching. I would rather have a GAF player in the slot. Come on over.
Alliance name is S.H.E.E.P.

if you need to cull any more non-players let me know, i'll join as well. im in a completely random group.

Doing the bare minimum for PVE, don't have she thor and blade.

i got incredibly lucky this morning- with the token i won for the PvE i got she thor. 2.9% chance.

if you need to cull any more non-players let me know, i'll join as well. im in a completely random group.

i got incredibly lucky this morning- with the token i won for the PvE i got she thor. 2.9% chance.
Okay, I will keep you informed if we get another open slot.

That's a pretty lucky draw. I usually get a hero I don't want or a cover that has 5 already.

It really is great. I've got Hulk and Lazy Thor with over 9000 health each, aiming to get my three stars to Lv 125 for now, since there are so many of them. Though I have Hulk at Lv 136 and Thor at 147. Lazy Cap at Lv 150. They hurt folks.

It really is great. I've got Hulk and Lazy Thor with over 9000 health each, aiming to get my three stars to Lv 125 for now, since there are so many of them. Though I have Hulk at Lv 136 and Thor at 147. Lazy Cap at Lv 150. They hurt folks.

After reading about all the changes for new players, I can't imagine getting to *** from scratch.

After a year of play my "useable" high-level characters are:

IM40 - 166
X-Force Wolvie - 147
GS Black Widow - 127
Punisher - 127
Patch - 127
Hulk - 114
Sentry - 102

None of these can compete with aggressive teams. I could bring Invisible Woman up to 152 but I don't "get" how she is useful.

Again, it took a year to get here and I only have one fully leveled *** character. How can new players possibly compete??

Here's my first page of my roster:

imJqBr5.jpg

My second page is a lot of maxed two-stars. And this is after a full year (probably almost to the day) of playing.

Mknzy

After reading about all the changes for new players, I can't imagine getting to *** from scratch.

After a year of play my "useable" high-level characters are:

IM40 - 166
X-Force Wolvie - 147
GS Black Widow - 127
Punisher - 127
Patch - 127
Hulk - 114
Sentry - 102

None of these can compete with aggressive teams. I could bring Invisible Woman up to 152 but I don't "get" how she is useful.

Again, it took a year to get here and I only have one fully leveled *** character. How can new players possibly compete??

The big key is that new players aren't in the same brackets as someone like myself who has a few maxed out three star characters. They compete with players who are on their level. Believe me i remember the moment when i first joined "the big leagues" after i finished my 2nd 3* it was a sharp difference.

However even in the weaker brackets the rewards are the same so new players have chances to get top rank 3* and even 4* covers still. The 2* to 3* transition sucks but it is still doable. The key is to watch what covers you have and only pump characters that are worth pumping. For example pumping iso into Invisible Woman is worthless. She just doesn't have the ability to compete. You pump characters like Lazy Thor, Lazy Daken, Black Panther, Punisher, and XForce that are your foundation. Other characters are nice to have for events but if your have a maxed OBW then a LThor, Panther, or Punisher you can win most PvE matches basically with a 2* team.

The problem is that you can't level up the 3 stars without more covers so they sit there being useless for a long time taking up very limited space. I have a lot of 3 and 4 star heroes with only one or two covers.
Also, in PvP, I can't go past 300 points without hitting maxed 2 star and sometimes 3 star teams.

I have a one blue invisible woman. Should I just sell her since I need more roster slots?

Mknzy

The problem is that you can't level up the 3 stars without more covers so they sit there being useless for a long time taking up very limited space. I have a lot of 3 and 4 star heroes with only one or two covers.
Also, in PvP, I can't go past 300 points without hitting maxed 2 star and sometimes 3 star teams.

I have a one blue invisible woman. Should I just sell her since I need more roster slots?

That's a tough call. She is worthless as she is now however she may get the XForce treatment and get a buff that makes her very valuable.

Managed to do absolutely nothing but shield my way through the last 24 hours of that Psylocke PvP and managed to finish 33rd, good enough for another Blade cover. Fine by me.

And then I went all-in on the She-Hulk lightning round earlier and finished top 8. Both covers were garbage, but I did cough up some HP and won me another Mohawk cover. Got her up to Lv 92 now, with a max of 102. I've been waiting to get her going.

I'm currently sitting at #6 in the Psylocke PvP, just having crossed 500 to get a Ms Marvel cover. I'm hoping to sit in the Top 20 when all said and done and I'll be happy.

I want to dig into the Mystique event, but I don't have Lady Thor nor Beast, so I'm stuck running across the same levels till they are exhausted of points over and over again. I think currently I'm Top 100 in the over all R&G event and in the top 150 of Psylocke, but psylocke is kicking my ass w/ 2k-4k damage moves.

I swear this game cheats sometimes too. Computer just suddenly has all the colors they need to do that move I've been blocking them from, even though I've been monitoring their color count.

I'm with ya on that. I'm over collecting them all and gonna focus on leveling the ones I have instead.

In general I'm sorta burning out though. I mean, am I gonna really grind for an hour or more to maybe get a cover for a character I will probably never use? I have tons of low level heros, adding more doesn't interest me anymore.

Exactly my situation. I am going to concentrate on the guys I have, as well. Taking it easy for a while after going HAM this summer.

Mknzy

I'm currently sitting at #6 in the Psylocke PvP, just having crossed 500 to get a Ms Marvel cover. I'm hoping to sit in the Top 20 when all said and done and I'll be happy.

I want to dig into the Mystique event, but I don't have Lady Thor nor Beast, so I'm stuck running across the same levels till they are exhausted of points over and over again. I think currently I'm Top 100 in the over all R&G event and in the top 150 of Psylocke, but psylocke is kicking my ass w/ 2k-4k damage moves.

I swear this game cheats sometimes too. Computer just suddenly has all the colors they need to do that move I've been blocking them from, even though I've been monitoring their color count.

The thing that makes things nasty in PvE when it comes to computer color count is the goon mobs. Sience they don't match tiles, they generate AP every turn that they use to power their countdown tiles. However that AP can also be used by the other character in the group to trigger their abilities. Thats why for example Doom matched with goons that generate Black can be so deadly because he is able to trigger Summon Demons regularly off the generated black, even if they aren't matching it themselves. They are doing that a lot in this Rocket and Groot event with both Doom and Mystique.

As far as what people are saying in here, focusing on characters is exactly what you want to do. If you have a good character that you are close to having max covers for, you want to focus on that character, level them up and dont worry about the rest. If you need them for an event they will likely be buffed which will help you anyway. Also if you buy Hero Points, you don't want to waste them on tokens or cover packs unless you have covers you need but don't have. Once you have all the covers for a character you want to level, the better value is to use the Hero Points to buy the covers for that character directly, in the case of 3* characters it is 1250 HP to buy one cover.

To me the best characters to push for at the 3* level are Thor, Black Panther, Punisher, Daken, and maybe Magneto, Human Torch, and Sentry. Rocket and Groot seem like they will be a great character as well, but we will have to wait and see how they play out. I know a lot of people really like Patch, but I am not a big fan of the double edged sword nature of his abilities. If you go off with Patch and don't get an immediate kill or aren't able to eliminate most of the opponents strikes on that first turn, then you could take as much damage as you give. I would consider him stronger if Loki was a more viable character because you could save up, trigger Berzerker Rage, then trigger Loki's ability to turn the enemy strike tiles into protect tiles for you. Sadly Loki just isn't a viable character to use, and his spot on your team would exist solely for that usage.

If you have good covers for XForce at the 4* level how you level him is up to your playstyle. If you do almost only PvP, I would level him all the way to 270. If you are like me and mostly do PvE, you don't want to go much higher than 180 because it will affect your scaling in the event.

Obviously opinions on the matters of what characters are great to have will vary, these are just my thoughts.

mrbagdt

so, in theory, you can get 2* covers doing PVP randomly... right? I mean, i see some things where people have tracked their rewards and it seems like you can get a 2* cover every 10 or so matches. i swear, i will do 30 matches or more and never see a 2* cover. does it matter who you are facing? or what event it is? i have only been playing for a month or so and i cant win pvp events so i just hope to get stuff randomly but i only get 70 or 140 iso and rarely a 1* cover.

so, in theory, you can get 2* covers doing PVP randomly... right? I mean, i see some things where people have tracked their rewards and it seems like you can get a 2* cover every 10 or so matches. i swear, i will do 30 matches or more and never see a 2* cover. does it matter who you are facing? or what event it is? i have only been playing for a month or so and i cant win pvp events so i just hope to get stuff randomly but i only get 70 or 140 iso and rarely a 1* cover.
There is a small chance in most pvp fights, but it just depends on the RNG.

man, I just missed out on Top 25 in the psylocke event... i lost the 1st 2 matches I played, and the final one that would have put me back in line for 2 Blade covers ended moments after the event was over... :(

so damn close. Only got 1 more blade cover for now. but it will help. Better than the crap they been giving me for characters I've already maxxed out weeks ago. I really wish I could trade some to teammates.

shaowebb

I'm bracketed quite well...I may actually be able to pull in one of all the cast I hadn't bothered to get in recent months if I play.

Mknzy

So it looks like I will be able to pull a Gamora cover despite the fact that I ignored the entire first part of the event and also don't have She-Thor. At least I will have her buffed for the next event, which I REALLY wish didn't start tomorrow. I think I read they were rerunning Unstable Iso8.

So it looks like I will be able to pull a Gamora cover despite the fact that I ignored the entire first part of the event and also don't have She-Thor. At least I will have her buffed for the next event, which I REALLY wish didn't start tomorrow. I think I read they were rerunning Unstable Iso8.

If you're confident in getting one, then that puts me at ease. Just have to make sure not to get bumped out of the top 150 in the last few hours, but I gotta let the opponents recharge their values (about 4hrs from now for most of them.)

and a question.
In the alliance screen, some people have "Commander" next to their name.
How do you get that, and what does it mean in relations to the game and the alliance?

Mknzy

If you're confident in getting one, then that puts me at ease. Just have to make sure not to get bumped out of the top 150 in the last few hours, but I gotta let the opponents recharge their values (about 4hrs from now for most of them.)

and a question.
In the alliance screen, some people have "Commander" next to their name.
How do you get that, and what does it mean in relations to the game and the alliance?

Rather than hitting nodes multiple times, it is better to hit it once, let it refresh, and then come back and hit it again. They refresh every 2h24m if you only attack once. When you get to the final refresh and you know they wont replenish before the event is over, that is when you go ahead and grind them down to stubbs to try to gain as many points as you can at the end. You should only hit a node twice if you know you can't hit it again in the 2h24m.

A Commander in the alliance is basicly an officer. All this really means is that those people can change the Alliance from private/not private, approve new members that request to join, or kick inactive members out of the alliance.

zulux21

oopos I meant to start the event when I got home from work... oh well one hour should be enough time to get a top 150.

#$@&*@#$&*@)#@&#@$)@&$#*()@&$#*()@$&#@*()&$#@)(*@$#@

I missed 40k by like 5 seconds -_-
would have gotten me blade as well as letting me take top place in both the node and overall :/

instead I still have no blade.
oh well can't complain about getting the new character and a fury just wish I would have gotten the blade so I could have every character again :/

I came in 73rd. Gamora incoming. Probably could have made Top 50 if I had Thora female Thor.

and been in my alliance for 2 days now and already promoted to Commander.
I feel so accomplished.

Mknzy

Probally could have gotten a top twenty finish I'd i had She-Thor or had...you know...tried. Ended up at 101 so i still got her.

zulux21

Literally didn't start the last event until there was an hour left and managed to place high enough to get a Gamora cover....

:p

it makes those times you grinded for the whole event seem so pointless no?

still mad I missed my blade in my 65 minute rush of the event :(

Starting this morning did indeed pay off. Managed to get top 150 for a Gamora cover, and got all the progression rewards, too. Good stuff.

So now I have to decide whether to keep Doom with one power or a more useful 2 star. Sooo many 1 cover heroes that will take up space for a while before becoming useful.

zulux21

So now I have to decide whether to keep Doom with one power or a more useful 2 star. Sooo many 1 cover heroes that will take up space for a while before becoming useful.

not having a 3 star may cost you places in a future event.

alternatively to getting rid of characters you could throw a few bucks at the developers for making a game you are enjoying and use it to buy a slot for new characters.

not having a 3 star may cost you places in a future event.

alternatively to getting rid of characters you could throw a few bucks at the developers for making a game you are enjoying and use it to buy a slot for new characters.
Doing that for every new hero would be very expensive. I will just have to prioritize and save up.
I did send them a couple bucks earlier though.

Top Bottom