• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Doing that for every new hero would be very expensive. I will just have to prioritize and save up.

that is true, but as long as you just save all of your HP and don't use it to buy covers or shields or boosts you shouldn't run out of it for slots all that often... I know I have never bought HP before, but alas I used to put a lot of time into the game and place high a lot. now I just do events that have rewards I want and ignore most everything else aside from my daily log in.

Hot damn I don't like this Thorette PvP. Got up to 500 points and 2nd place the night it opened, left unshielded overnight and got bumped down by nearly 150 points. I'm up around 425 now and just getting throttled by Hulk/OBW/Thorette teams that I shouldn't be getting thumped by when I'm teaming Lazy Cap and Hulk. Ridiculously frustrating. I just lost, went down to 41st, and shielded for the remaining 24 hours. I'll take what I can get at this point. Ugh.

Sounded like you were interested. Or maybe you are an overachiever.

I was interested.
and since I'm interested, are the dormant bottom half of the team usually active?
or are they much more casual players?

Hot damn I don't like this Thorette PvP. Got up to 500 points and 2nd place the night it opened, left unshielded overnight and got bumped down by nearly 150 points. I'm up around 425 now and just getting throttled by Hulk/OBW/Thorette teams that I shouldn't be getting thumped by when I'm teaming Lazy Cap and Hulk. Ridiculously frustrating. I just lost, went down to 41st, and shielded for the remaining 24 hours. I'll take what I can get at this point. Ugh.

I had made it up to like 460 yesterday, but then I quit trying once I realized there was 2 days laft, and I didn't need that Johnny storm cover anyway. It would have been a waste since I would have been knocked back down to 40th place or lower during the final day anyway. I think I'm currently sitting at 7th, but that just makes it easy to stay in the top 20 anyway. Which I would be totally happy with. As that would be 2 Doc Ock covers, something I can actually use.

zulux21

unless you want to put a ton of money into HP for a very very small edge, might I recommend not joining the PVP in general until there is about 5-6 hours to the end and then just getting where you want to get to and shielding for the last 3 hours?

much cheaper, much less frustrating overall.

also if it wasn't mentioned loki and daredevil are getting buffed
Loki is back and he's sporting a new, third ability (to be detailed soon). Daredevil has also been revamped and is more dangerous than ever! Wolverine (Patch) will be returning to the active fray after a little time off, and he's been keeping up his exercise regimen.

from season 9 info

I was interested.
and since I'm interested, are the dormant bottom half of the team usually active?
or are they much more casual players?
Some of them are new. Some play PvP. Some just haven't been on in a couple of days.
Not everyone is really heavy into the story events, but I think things should get more competitive as the newer people improve their rosters.

Yeah, I'll start joining the PvP with a handful of hours left from now on. No sense in dropping all that HP to stay at the top.

As for the Daredevil changes, I hope he keeps his trap tiles. Those are fun (for me), and I have him leveled around 110, so bonus.

Mknzy

Yeah, I'll start joining the PvP with a handful of hours left from now on. No sense in dropping all that HP to stay at the top.

As for the Daredevil changes, I hope he keeps his trap tiles. Those are fun (for me), and I have him leveled around 110, so bonus.

The trap tiles are fun, but the problem is that there are so many ways to destroy them without triggering them that it makes him very unreliable. Against characters like Storm, Jugs, or anyone that shatters tiles on the board, he becomes more or less useless. Even making a match 4 that wipes a row will kill a trap without triggering it. It's a cool mechanic but I just don't see how they can make it reliable without making him overpowered in the other direction.

The idea of Loki getting a 3rd cover may finally get me to level my Patch if it is good and they don't change his other abilities too much. I have wanted to run the Patch/Loki combo for a long time.

Mknzy

Unstable ISO-8 is up, giving a Green Swordswoman cover for progression and Captain Lady covers for ranking

Powered up characteres
Green Swordswoman
Energy Shieldbro
Itsy-Bitsy-Spider
Ms Fishnets
Little Captain Lady
Little Hammer Boy

Mknzy

So is the event acting wierd for anyone else? For me none of the story scenes are playing anymore, and even the hard map missions aren't going above level 50 sense the second wave. Both the one that just ended and this one have stayed really low. I'm not complaining at all, just seems odd.

komarkaze

Yes I am getting level 11 fights in normal and hard. As long as I can reach all the event rewards and good ranking, I'm happy. Currently hovering in the 30-40s.

Yeah, I was breezing through the last event with the same 3 people through each fight alteast twice and only needing to heal once or twice. That's across both maps.

There was almost no challenge to them, everyone was like level 20-35.

Stampinchick says thanks for the token and iso parade from alliance rewards. She has over 30 to cash in once she has the HP to expand roster slots.

I have seen a couple 3 stars from the standard tokens. Better draws than the event ones. Anyone else have similar results?

Also, keeping an eye on enemy54 and integra2000 for activity. If you know someone looking for an alliance, they are the likely candidates to replace.

I've gotten a Gamora, and 2 Ms. Marvel's from the standard silver covers.
out of the 6 or more golg cvers from events, i think I got 1 or 2 that were useful, but mostly shit that I sold away for Iso's.
very fruitful week with this current event having such a low barrier for entry and advancement.

this past few days (since i joined the alliance) I've won and cashed in probably 60+ covers, earned and spent about 75K+ Iso-8, earned a new character (Gamora x3), earned maybe 3-400 HP and increased about 5 *2star* characters up about 15+ lvls each to within sniffing distance of that maxed out 94.

edit: and I just got the Beast cover from the season VIII grind. So now it's time to sell off either Hawkeye or Yelena again... maybe I'll build them back up later, but I need that slot now.

I got a needed yellow cover for The Hood from one of my standard tokens. The ones from the iso 8 event just give me 2 star covers that I've maxed out already.

you should be playing this current event.

Most of the opponents never go above Level 40, so you should breeze right though into getting gold covers for most of the events, and helping the alliance score more ISO-8 with most multi silver cover packs.

Use "Black" WIdow, Wolverine & Gomora, and you could be leveling them all up pretty quickly. final round of each map is 500 iso for map 1 and 1000 Iso for map 2. that's not counting all the covers and iso you win before that.

Yeah I'm rocking Patch/Little Hammer Bro/Little Daken when Gamora isn't required. Breezing through, though for some reason I'm hovering around the 200 mark for the overall event. Kind of silly. Good thing nobody I need is rewarded.

you should be playing this current event.

Most of the opponents never go above Level 40, so you should breeze right though into getting gold covers for most of the events, and helping the alliance score more ISO-8 with most multi silver cover packs.

Use "Black" WIdow, Wolverine & Gomora, and you could be leveling them all up pretty quickly. final round of each map is 500 iso for map 1 and 1000 Iso for map 2. that's not counting all the covers and iso you win before that.
If you were talking to me, I AM playing it and my mobs are higher level than that. You just have bugged low level maps.

Dalek

Fuck everyone that got a Gamora. This last event pissed me right off. I was sitting In a pretty good position to qualify to get one and then out of nowhere with like 3 hours to go I just get knocked down to like 160 and every possible fight I can do is way out of my league-all in like the level 140 and above. God that pisses me off.

NineH

I'm pretty stoked that I won my bracket in the Doc Ock PvP. I haven't done that in months and is great getting a 4 star token. Too bad its Bag Lady but at least I haven't maxed her covers yet so it wasn't a waste.

On the flipside, I am jelly of you guys and your token luck. I've been opening heroics for over a month now and have not gotten a single 3 star in there. Give me some of that good luck :p

Mknzy

So is it just me or is Gamora the most half assed character that they have ever released from a presentation standpoint. I mean, the sound effect for her red is the same as OBW's Agressive Recon, it doesn't sound at all right for her hitting something with a huge sword. Just seems lazy all around.

I'm pretty stoked that I won my bracket in the Doc Ock PvP. I haven't done that in months and is great getting a 4 star token. Too bad its Bag Lady but at least I haven't maxed her covers yet so it wasn't a waste.

On the flipside, I am jelly of you guys and your token luck. I've been opening heroics for over a month now and have not gotten a single 3 star in there. Give me some of that good luck :p

Nice job winning the bracket. I haven't done that since Punisher first came out.

My only gold pull from a token in the last month was a lazy Cap this morning. Ugh.

I can dump ISO into a couple of characters to bring them up to the noted levels. Are any of them worth it? I'm thinking no.

Psylock (2/3/3), Lazy Cap (2/4/4) & Doom (4/3) to 102...Invisible Woman (1/3/3) to 152. Also a blue-less hood to 127.

Would any of them pair well with my main players?

IM40 (5/5/3) 166
XForce (3/2/2) 147
GSBW (2/3/5) 127
Pun (5/2/3) 272
Patch (5/0/4) 127
Hulk (4/2/3) 114
Sentry (3/3/2) 102 (never really use him)

I've also got the standard maxed out **s that everybody uses. I'm terrible at identifying good partners so any advice is welcome.

Fuck everyone that got a Gamora. This last event pissed me right off. I was sitting In a pretty good position to qualify to get one and then out of nowhere with like 3 hours to go I just get knocked down to like 160 and every possible fight I can do is way out of my league-all in like the level 140 and above. God that pisses me off.
3 hours is a very long time in PvP if you are not shielded. I often lose up to 100 points in just an hour if there is a good reward.

Mknzy

Nice job winning the bracket. I haven't done that since Punisher first came out.

My only gold pull from a token in the last month was a lazy Cap this morning. Ugh.

I can dump ISO into a couple of characters to bring them up to the noted levels. Are any of them worth it? I'm thinking no.

Psylock (2/3/3), Lazy Cap (2/4/4) & Doom (4/3) to 102...Invisible Woman (1/3/3) to 152. Also a blue-less hood to 127.

Would any of them pair well with my main players?

IM40 (5/5/3) 166
XForce (3/2/2) 147
GSBW (2/3/5) 127
Pun (5/2/3) 272
Patch (5/0/4) 127
Hulk (4/2/3) 114
Sentry (3/3/2) 102 (never really use him)

I've also got the standard maxed out **s that everybody uses. I'm terrible at identifying good partners so any advice is welcome.

I would never bother putting ISO into Invisible Woman right now, there is a reason she is often called bag lady. You have a good number of red covers for Lazy Cap which is a solid ability if you are good at protecting the countdown tiles. Doom isn't worth it just because of the lower level cap due to him having only 2 abilities. Hood's big calling card is with his blue, so without it he isn't worth leveling. Lazy Cap would play well with XForce as his main abilities wouldn't overlap, and you could use yellow either for Caps shields or XForce healing. He would also play well with Punisher, but I would focus on getting more green covers for him, as that is his real calling card. He kinda works with GSBW but you would need a good green generator for your third character, say Thor, either 2* or 3*. Sniper Rifle is a powerful move, but it is so expensive it's hard to use. So yeah I would say go with Lazy Cap with what you have, he would play well with either XForce or Punisher. Just my 2 cents

Dalek

I just created my fake facebook account and found a Facebook group called Marvel Puzzle Quest Members-with hundreds of players-add them and I'm hoping to get a ton of free gifts later today...

I would never bother putting ISO into Invisible Woman right now, there is a reason she is often called bag lady. You have a good number of red covers for Lazy Cap which is a solid ability if you are good at protecting the countdown tiles. Doom isn't worth it just because of the lower level cap due to him having only 2 abilities. Hood's big calling card is with his blue, so without it he isn't worth leveling. Lazy Cap would play well with XForce as his main abilities wouldn't overlap, and you could use yellow either for Caps shields or XForce healing. He would also play well with Punisher, but I would focus on getting more green covers for him, as that is his real calling card. He kinda works with GSBW but you would need a good green generator for your third character, say Thor, either 2* or 3*. Sniper Rifle is a powerful move, but it is so expensive it's hard to use. So yeah I would say go with Lazy Cap with what you have, he would play well with either XForce or Punisher. Just my 2 cents

I really appreciate it, thanks! I expect they're going to have to buff Invisible Woman if she's so universally disliked. You can't have an unusable **** for very long.

Mknzy

I really appreciate it, thanks! I expect they're going to have to buff Invisible Woman if she's so universally disliked. You can't have an unusable **** for very long.

She has been useless as long as I've been playing which is nearly a year. Took them that long to buff XForce so he wasn't worthless.

If you were talking to me, I AM playing it and my mobs are higher level than that. You just have bugged low level maps.

Oh well that sucks.... I'm enjoying it. and that's helping the team out, so not all is lost.

and I just had a crazy 1 move match.
I literally moved one block, which created a gem, which created another gem, which created another gem, which created another gem, and one more, and then the match was over. LOL

I was like WTF just happened..... took my victory and moved onto the next match.
it was against 3 lvl 25 goons just incase you were wondering. they were annihlated in less than 10 seconds.

I hope so. She's my only four star character I can max out.

Apparently her blue power is amazing if you're playing defense though. I only have three in it, and it is pretty damn expensive. So I don't know how useful it really is.

NineH

She has been useless as long as I've been playing which is nearly a year. Took them that long to buff XForce so he wasn't worthless.

Even with the "buff" they gave her a while back, she is still mostly useless. Imagine how bad she was before her alleged buff though, what a waste of a 4 star.

Also, complaining seems to work in changing my token luck. Too bad it was a Black Panther black cover which I already maxed. Oh well, can't say I haven't pulled a 3 star in a heroic token now though.

Mknzy

Even with the "buff" they gave her a while back, she is still mostly useless. Imagine how bad she was before her alleged buff though, what a waste of a 4 star.

Also, complaining seems to work in changing my token luck. Too bad it was a Black Panther black cover which I already maxed. Oh well, can't say I haven't pulled a 3 star in a heroic token now though.

I finally pulled a 3* cover out of an event token, and it was a Captain Marvel yellow, not even a featured character *laughs*

I just pulled a Super Soldier Cap (***) from the standard covers. Thanks to that barrage of silver covers from the final event finally ending.

seriously, I thought that event just kept going, and going, and going. I was carving out far too much time to take advantage of the low power opposition. Just missed overall Top 50 since I checked in late to the last 2 event rounds, but I made off like a bandit as it is, so I ain't even mad.

I just pulled a Super Soldier Cap (***) from the standard covers. Thanks to that barrage of silver covers from the final event finally ending.

seriously, I thought that event just kept going, and going, and going. I was carving out far too much time to take advantage of the low power opposition. Just missed overall Top 50 since I checked in late to the last 2 event rounds, but I made off like a bandit as it is, so I ain't even mad.
It isn't even over yet until later tonight.

So annoying! I managed to reach 25 in the lethal intent PvP with a few minutes left and then someone tied my score and pushed me down to 26.

Mknzy

Well Loki is officially becoming a viable character. His third ability sounds awesome! Here it is.

Mischief - PASSIVE :green:
(PASSIVE) Loki is consumed by a cold rage as he moves to undermine his enemies. If the enemy team makes a match-4 of any color, Loki converts 2 basic tiles of that color into 4-turn Countdown tiles which steal 2 AP of a random color.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Countdown tiles last 3 turns.
Level 3: Loki creates 3 Countdown tiles.
Level 4: Countdown tiles last 2 turns.
Level 5: Loki creates 4 Countdown tiles.

His black is getting a small change. Now instead of costing 15 to change all protect and strike tiles and costing 1ap less per cover, now it always costs 11 and changes more tiles per cover ultimately changing all tiles at level 5.

shaowebb

Well Loki is officially becoming a viable character. His third ability sounds awesome! Here it is.

Mischief - PASSIVE :green:
(PASSIVE) Loki is consumed by a cold rage as he moves to undermine his enemies. If the enemy team makes a match-4 of any color, Loki converts 2 basic tiles of that color into 4-turn Countdown tiles which steal 2 AP of a random color.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Countdown tiles last 3 turns.
Level 3: Loki creates 3 Countdown tiles.
Level 4: Countdown tiles last 2 turns.
Level 5: Loki creates 4 Countdown tiles.

His black is getting a small change. Now instead of costing 15 to change all protect and strike tiles and costing 1ap less per cover, now it always costs 11 and changes more tiles per cover ultimately changing all tiles at level 5.
Mmmm yes. This will do nicely.

Top Bottom