• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dispatch

I'm enjoying the Patch PVP, too. I've been using Daredevil, Patch, and Psylocke, thought it could just as easily be just about anyone else.

Once Patch pops his green ability, Daredevil's purple gets rid of most of the opponent's purple attack tiles that Patch just created and does a ton of damage. The synergy is really good.

shaowebb

I'm enjoying the Patch PVP, too. I've been using Daredevil, Patch, and Psylocke, thought it could just as easily be just about anyone else.

Once Patch pops his green ability, Daredevil's purple gets rid of most of the opponent's purple attack tiles that Patch just created and does a ton of damage. The synergy is really good.

I like this tactic. Pretty clever setting up a character whose abilities only convert pinks. Reminescent of how Daken is a counterpick to Doom because his passive only converts reds. Next time I run Patch I'll try swapping out Falcon for Daredevil since my Daredevil has more covers.

I think I managed second on this event at the end. I didn't really play last night so they eventually closed the gap some and got somebody in front of me. Pretty nice event for team experimentation now that 3 stars are starting to have been built long enough to get covers and see some usage.

New event is up...combined strength. These get costly on heals, but the reward is good. Its Blade covers.

This Patch event is a blast. Running Patch/LThor/Hulk (each at about 9000 health) and just walking all over everybody. Sitting at 22nd right now with 680 pts but I might try to take a slightly higher spot soon. I do want some Mystique covers...

shaowebb

Yeah I see Hulk paired in with Patch a lot. Generally because he fuels the green and doesn't mind getting hit because "thats how Hulk do." Gotta admit I hated fighting Hulk teams because of the size of the retaliation he could unleash with his clap if backed into a corner at the end was bad. I generally got my red and a green built up before goin in on him so he wouldn't be around long. Makes for a helluva aggro team I'll give it that. People never like to challenge Hulks.

Mknzy

Just curious, has anyone seen anybody pairing up Patch with a 166 Loki yet? Kinda curious if they work together as well as it seems they would

Just curious, has anyone seen anybody pairing up Patch with a 166 Loki yet? Kinda curious if they work together as well as it seems they would

I ran into one, yeah. They launched Berserker Rage and then Trickery, and they did me in good.

Also, forget what I said about 22nd. Dropped to 42nd or something while I was out shopping, after a shield ran out. Bummed, even if I get one Mystique cover. Really wanted two.

zulux21

the patch event wasn't bad, ran with my normal patch, daken, panther team and took first in my bracket (unless something radically changed as I was leading by 30 points and 2-5 hadn't gained more than 10 points in the last hour)

edit:
nope nothing changed
cf4521bcbe.jpg

I ran into one, yeah. They launched Berserker Rage and then Trickery, and they did me in good.

Also, forget what I said about 22nd. Dropped to 42nd or something while I was out shopping, after a shield ran out. Bummed, even if I get one Mystique cover. Really wanted two.
I got a blue Mystique, but only because I was playing it til the end. I can't afford to shield because I still need every HP for roster slots.
I must be really unlucky or something, because I start running into maxed out teams of levels 166-200+ as soon as I pass 300 points. I don't even have 3 maxed out 2 stars yet, and no 3 stars with more than 6 covers at best.

Dalek

Can someone explain to me how I'm supposed to use the Sentry? His yellow power is the only one I have leveled up and it seems to be very pointless.

Can someone explain to me how I'm supposed to use the Sentry? His yellow power is the only one I have leveled up and it seems to be very pointless.

His attacks hurt both sides, he's fairly useless until you get a number of covers for him (though wouldn't they all be pretty useless at the start?). His high health is meant to allow for him to unleash some pretty deadly attacks that can really devastate an opposing team.

Spoit

I like this tactic. Pretty clever setting up a character whose abilities only convert pinks. Reminescent of how Daken is a counterpick to Doom because his passive only converts reds. Next time I run Patch I'll try swapping out Falcon for Daredevil since my Daredevil has more covers.

I think I managed second on this event at the end. I didn't really play last night so they eventually closed the gap some and got somebody in front of me. Pretty nice event for team experimentation now that 3 stars are starting to have been built long enough to get covers and see some usage.

New event is up...combined strength. These get costly on heals, but the reward is good. Its Blade covers.

Doom is the Daken counter though? It'll be a long time before the board gets enough blue for him to be able to regenerate again, and you're not actually using his black anyway, technopathic strike is used to power the better black abilities like surgical strike or rage of the panther.

And yeah, sentry is pretty much worthless now. They really overnerfed him. His only real use is to tank red and maybe green, since using his own powers are at least 1 health pack. Supernova and sacrifice can be okay....ish, but are pretty much 100% redundant with Black panther doing the same exact moves with more strength, without the self damage

shaowebb

Doom is the Daken counter though? It'll be a long time before the board gets enough blue for him to be able to regenerate again, and you're not actually using his black anyway, technopathic strike is used to power the better black abilities like surgical strike or rage of the panther.

And yeah, sentry is pretty much worthless now. They really overnerfed him. His only real use is to tank red and maybe green, since using his own powers are at least 1 health pack. Supernova and sacrifice can be okay....ish, but are pretty much 100% redundant with Black panther doing the same exact moves with more strength, without the self damage

Having Daken prevents Doom from using his ability to Summon the Demons which is a pretty good every turn attack. He pretty much takes Doom from being a pretty stable one man guy and turns him into just a battery (which as you stated he still does very well). Not every team revolves around putting Panther on it, but yeah those two are a good duo similar to other teams like MN Mags and C. Storm. This is why I was pushing so hard to get mine leveled up back when you was telling me to focus more on my Punisher ;)

Gotta agree on Sentry though. If he could regain some health like Ares it'd be one thing, but he is definitely not the 3 star Ares-style weapon I wanted him to be. He just wears out your team and himself too easily now.

Top 1000 for season, though a token netted me a black Gamora cover, which I was lacking.

This Combined Arms PvP is a blast. Takes a toll on your roster, but it really helps to have significant roster depth. I've managed to run my score up past 600, I think it is. Shielded for the day in 2nd, I'll get back to it after work. A top 5 finish would give me a 4/3/4 Blade to run with (3/2/3 now).

shaowebb

Huh...apparently they finally added account linking through facebook between PC and mobile. That is if it would work...I got the prompt once and it failed to link to facebook. Haven't seen the prompt since. Either this update is about to hit and I saw it early by mistake or its not working well yet.

Also currently in 1st again on the combined power pvp with over a 100 pt spread :D

Ape

Banned
Huh...apparently they finally added account linking through facebook between PC and mobile. That is if it would work...I got the prompt once and it failed to link to facebook. Haven't seen the prompt since. Either this update is about to hit and I saw it early by mistake or its not working well yet.

Also currently in 1st again on the combined power pvp with over a 100 pt spread :D

Did they? Awesome! the only thing I'm worried about now would be people trying to hijack accounts.

shaowebb

So it looks like Doom has a third skill...

Hmmmmmm...passive purple that lays trap tiles that are purple at the beginning of every turn and when you spend 10 purple it pops then for so much damage each. Looks like Doom is now a pretty decent bro to Patch since his passive might help remove purple tiles placed by Patch. I'll need covers to see how well it works in practice though. After all Im unsure if it means it converts purples to trap tiles or if it changes tiles into purple tiles that are traps. If it changes a random tile purple like Daken's blue ability its useless to pair with Patch. So far Redwing and Falcon shields are the best I've found to pair with Patch honestly. This will be fun to toy with though. I hope to see it convert purples rather than just place purples.

At max level that's going to be a real pain. Wow.

In Combined Arms, still in 2nd, now with 695 pts. First place is at 721 and also shielded. There are a few people below me in the 600s who keep getting hit and dropping points. The difference between 1st and 10th is about 200 points, too.

It's a shame the top reward isn't a good cover.

Dalek

At max level that's going to be a real pain. Wow.

In Combined Arms, still in 2nd, now with 695 pts. First place is at 721 and also shielded. There are a few people below me in the 600s who keep getting hit and dropping points. The difference between 1st and 10th is about 200 points, too.

It's a shame the top reward isn't a good cover.

Please stop bragging. :(

My only opponents left in Combined Arms have Hulks with 18,000 hit points.

shaowebb

Anyone else ever get that facebook linking message? I haven't seen it since this morning and it never linked back then. I'm wondering if I saw something that wasn't supposed to be out yet that they took down.

Anyone else ever get that facebook linking message? I haven't seen it since this morning and it never linked back then. I'm wondering if I saw something that wasn't supposed to be out yet that they took down.
If you want it, just go to settings and select the facebook thing.

shaowebb

If you want it, just go to settings and select the facebook thing.

Im on PC. Its not listed in the settings on PC. If I use my tablet it starts a new account and asks me to link that one...I do not want to link my facebook to an empty husk. I'd like it to link to all my PC work so I can enjoy that stuff on the go. The game is too big to start over.

Top 1000 for season, though a token netted me a black Gamora cover, which I was lacking.

This Combined Arms PvP is a blast. Takes a toll on your roster, but it really helps to have significant roster depth. I've managed to run my score up past 600, I think it is. Shielded for the day in 2nd, I'll get back to it after work. A top 5 finish would give me a 4/3/4 Blade to run with (3/2/3 now).

If "significant roster depth" means having a worthless 1-star just for these tournaments, no thanks! I'm sitting this one out.

If "significant roster depth" means having a worthless 1-star just for these tournaments, no thanks! I'm sitting this one out.

I have been switching between Venom, Storm and Juggs as my 1-star, but I have 53 characters, a large number of which are definitely usable in this event, even as a one-time use.

It's not like other PvP events where I'm using a handful of high-powered characters for a few fights and then waiting for them to heal.

Spoit

Hmmmmmm...passive purple that lays trap tiles that are purple at the beginning of every turn and when you spend 10 purple it pops then for so much damage each. Looks like Doom is now a pretty decent bro to Patch since his passive might help remove purple tiles placed by Patch. I'll need covers to see how well it works in practice though. After all Im unsure if it means it converts purples to trap tiles or if it changes tiles into purple tiles that are traps. If it changes a random tile purple like Daken's blue ability its useless to pair with Patch. So far Redwing and Falcon shields are the best I've found to pair with Patch honestly. This will be fun to toy with though. I hope to see it convert purples rather than just place purples.

Nope traps are at the bottom of the hierarchy. Patchs' enemy strikes (and pretty much any other type of power) will overwrite them, and they only take basic tiles.

Just open some standards and use the slot you're going to buy for cage

Nope traps are at the bottom of the hierarchy. Patchs' enemy strikes (and pretty much any other type of power) will overwrite them, and they only take basic tiles.

Just open some standards and use the slot you're going to buy for cage

Damn your logic. Okay. (buys slot)

zulux21

Do we know who is going to rotate out for the next season? (crosses fingers for beast)

Here's the latest Character Rotation plan set to go live with the start of Season X on Thursday, January 8th, 2015. (To see the original post outlining the Character Rotation Plan visit: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17494).

Doctor Doom returns with a new and devastating third ability - Diabolical Plot! (Further details here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21594).

Rotating In: Doctor Doom, Human Torch, Luke Cage, Punisher (and Elektra added to packs).

Rotating Out: Beast, Doctor Octopus, She-Hulk, Colossus.

The full slate of 3-Star characters available for Season X;

Blade
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Captain Marvel
Daredevil
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Falcon
Gamora
The Hood
Hulk
Human Torch
Loki
Luke Cage
Mystique
Punisher
Rocket & Groot
Sentry
Spider-Man
Storm (Mohawk)
Wolverine (Patch).

Mknzy

Here is the new info on Doom with his new 3rd power. Sounds solid to me, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out. I like the idea of the active/passive purple. You aren't going to have too stupid of a number of trap tiles as you have to match purple to get the points to fire the ability, but at max level if you have say 4 on the board you are still looking at about 5.5k damage for 10 purple.

Doctor Doom (Classic)

3 Star Rarity (Rare)

At Max Level: HP: 8500 Tile damage: 11/12/79/61/13/70

Summon Demons - Black 12 AP
Doctor Doom summons a cadre of demonic creatures, converting 3 basic Red tiles into Attack tiles of strength 44.
Level 2: Attack tiles (demons) are strength 52.
Level 3: Summons 4 demons.
Level 4: Summons 5 demons.
Level 5: Summons 6 demons of strength 60.
Max Level: Summons 6 demons of strength 190.

Technopathic Strike - Blue 9 AP
Doctor Doom lashes out with his sinister inventions, swaying the battle in his favor. Transforms 6 basic Blue tiles to Black tiles.
Level 2: Transforms 7 tiles.
Level 3: Transforms 8 tiles.
Level 4: Transforms 9 tiles.
Level 5: Transforms all basic Blue tiles.

Diabolical Plot - Purple 10 AP
Doom deals 137 to the enemy, plus 137 for each of Doom's Trap tiles on the board. Disarms all of Doom's Trap tiles. PASSIVE: At the beginning of each turn, Doom places a :purple: Trap tile.
Level 2: Doom deals 164 damage plus 164 damage for each of his Traps.
Level 3: Doom deals 192 damage plus 192 damage for each of his Traps.
Level 4: Doom deals 247 damage plus 247 damage for each of his Traps.
Level 5: Doom deals 356 damage plus 356 damage for each of his Traps.
Max Level: Doom deals 1131 damage plus 1131 damage for each of his Traps.

Ape

Banned
Beast needs a lot of work. I have Colossus and She Hulk, so that kind of sucks that I wont be able to get them leveled up more...

I would actually sell all of my Best covers when they would pop up lololol

Didnt they just have an event with she hulk as the cover? wish they wouldn't do that. I also don't buy that they use the time to work on the characters when updates have been made to characters in season.

Mknzy

Beast needs a lot of work. I have Colossus and She Hulk, so that kind of sucks that I wont be able to get them leveled up more...

I would actually sell all of my Best covers when they would pop up lololol

Didnt they just have an event with she hulk as the cover? wish they wouldn't do that. I also don't buy that they use the time to work on the characters when updates have been made to characters in season.

They do that to some degree though ex Loki and Doom getting third covers finally. As far as the rotation goes there are so many 3* characters now that if they don't rotate it would be stupid hard to get the covers you want.

Ape

Banned
They do that to some degree though ex Loki and Doom getting third covers finally. As far as the rotation goes there are so many 3* characters now that if they don't rotate it would be stupid hard to get the covers you want.

That's sort of what I mean, have they ever rotated out a two star character? They just added a four star so how is that going to work for percentages? Dilute it more?

I know that 2* characters aren't really exciting but it would help us build on the current 3*s.

Mknzy

They have never rotated out a 2* character as the 2* roster is fairly fixed and dealing with much higher percentages so on the rare occasion that they do add one the drop rate difference is minor. With 3* characters even with the rotation I think the drop rate per character is only .9% and they want to keep it right about there. I'm interested how it's going to work out with the fact that they plan to vastly increase the 4* character pool over the next year. I would guess that as the 4* library grows eventually the 3* library will become a little more common to help people make that transition.

Top Bottom