• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Wtf, they disabled shield hopping? Couldn't buy another 3 hour after I broke my first for 2 matches. Wasnt available for 5 more hours. That is some bullshit.

zulux21

Wtf, they disabled shield hopping? Couldn't buy another 3 hour after I broke my first for 2 matches. Wasnt available for 5 more hours. That is some bullshit.

yup it has been in the works for over a month
details here

their stated logic of the change
Some of the thinking behind this change:
• "Shield hopping" is still possible but very limited. High-scoring is fun, but Shield hopping generally requires a large amount of out-of-game communication that not all players have access to. We asked ourselves this question: "Would you Shield hop if you didn't need to in order to reach a high score? If not, that's a sign that a change is probably needed."
isn't exactly bad, but it does remove a way some people enjoy to play the game.

komarkaze

I've played and completed the Hulk event several times before with lower powered characters. But this time, every match that involves any combination of Venom, Ragnarok, Ares or Juggernaut is completely decimating my powered up 3 star teams. They've been receiving 80% cascades and unleash all their stuns and powers that destroy me. Does anyone else experience this?

Forget what I said about not getting the red Luke Cage cover. I'll have that final progression reward later tonight. Woo.

I've played and completed the Hulk event several times before with lower powered characters. But this time, every match that involves any combination of Venom, Ragnarok, Ares or Juggernaut is completely decimating my powered up 3 star teams. They've been receiving 80% cascades and unleash all their stuns and powers that destroy me. Does anyone else experience this?

From time to time, yeah, though maybe less so now that my guys are higher leveled. Just takes some luck sometimes.

Dalek

I don't have Luke Cage yet-but from using him-a great team is Luke Cage, Astonishing Wolverine and Original Black Widow.

The yellow matches heal Wolvie and build up for Luke's special move. Also they aren't really overlapping each other's colors too much-and of course Widow's Purple speeds things up and her blue can heal.

Dalek

I think I've had it with this game. I've been grinding all day in the hopes of getting a Luke Cage reward at the end of this Hulk event-and I'm going to end up about 500 points short. 500 points. Sure is fun having a level 100 Juggernaut wipe out your entire team in 2 moves over and over again. I simply cannot progress forward. I'm so incredibly frustrated I can't take it.

I think I've had it with this game. I've been grinding all day in the hopes of getting a Luke Cage reward at the end of this Hulk event-and I'm going to end up about 500 points short. 500 points. Sure is fun having a level 100 Juggernaut wipe out your entire team in 2 moves over and over again. I simply cannot progress forward. I'm so incredibly frustrated I can't take it.
I was about 5000 short. I needed to have Luke Cage for the essential nodes to reach it. I wouldn't have had anywhere to put him though. Sorry you came so close and missed it.

komarkaze

That sucks about the last reward. I sometimes I forget I have boosts stockpiled but they help with the high powered enemies. But I found Juggernaut to troublesome with his magic cascading power that the hammer goons keep feeding him.

The competition for the Luke Cage PVP was way too fierce, especially with the 8 hour cool down for a shield! Totally messed up my strategy. I feel like they are encouraging players to buy an 8 hour shield, play a little to up the score, then buy a 3 hour shield at the end. I was fine buying a 3 hour shield, play a bit more, then shield in the last 3 hours. But I don't think I can afford PVP any more.

Ape

Banned
So for pve what's the best way to max points? Just play the nodes once then wait til they refil for full points or do them twice then wait? Just curious because I'm pretty good right now going all the nodes every 3 hours or so

Spoit

So for pve what's the best way to max points? Just play the nodes once then wait til they refil for full points or do them twice then wait? Just curious because I'm pretty good right now going all the nodes every 3 hours or so

Hit every node every 3 hours. Don't sleep.

End up killing yourself on the scaling

That would be the ideal way to do it, but you'll burn out doing it for long. Better to hit everything twice and come back in 6 hours I think.

Malmorian

Ok I've got 1 roster space available but just pulled 2 chars I don't have, any advice would be appreciated. Either I take Luke Cage black, or Gamora black. Thoughts?

Ok I've got 1 roster space available but just pulled 2 chars I don't have, any advice would be appreciated. Either I take Luke Cage black, or Gamora black. Thoughts?

Don't discount the option to get rid of some of the really weak characters. If you don't use the * Hawkeye or Yelena you might want to drop them.

Malmorian

Only 1 star I have is Storm...everyone else is pretty good. My 2*'s are in the high 80's and the rest is full of 3's and 4's.

Dalek

Yay-I got a Red Classic Human Torch card from the Deadpool event, one of my tokens gave me lady Thor. Don't feel so shitty now about missing out on Luke Cage (even though he's awesome)

zulux21

looks like we get a new joke character (unless her skills really really scale up)
a46ad3ea38.jpg

e722ace8e3.jpg

fbc244d872.jpg

6b689a4d67.jpg

yay for low damage, low health, but unique damage joke characters.
it is nice to see a purple move that does damage again though.

I wonder if we will be hearing more details about her rumored movie soon.

So... Squirrel Girl...

(Also, I'm on day 366 or something for my daily rewards, so I'm getting my second of three Devil Dinosaur covers today. Isn't packing much of a punch but wow that health!)

looks like we get a new joke character (unless her skills really really scale up)

yay for low damage, low health, but unique damage joke characters.
it is nice to see a purple move that does damage again though.

I wonder if we will be hearing more details about her rumored movie soon.
She's no joke, she beat Thanos!

RedFyn

I started playing this game again (played it for a month when it first came out), new accounts are a pain with so few character slots. Especially for a hoarder like me. Any advice on which characters to avoid getting?

I'm also looking for an alliance. I've only been playing for a week so I'm not too strong yet but I'm active and placed 50th in deadpool and 35th in the hood PvP.

I started playing this game again (played it for a month when it first came out), new accounts are a pain with so few character slots. Especially for a hoarder like me. Any advice on which characters to avoid getting?

I'm also looking for an alliance. I've only been playing for a week so I'm not too strong yet but I'm active and placed 50th in deadpool and 35th in the hood PvP.
Avoid bagman, classic hawkeye and yelena. Play through all the story events and collect all the good rewards. Use HP only for roster slots. You can get enough to expand several times for the story nodes.
Focus on 2 star wolverine, daken, ares, thor, classic storm, modern magneto, and modern hawkeye when you can to make a good three man team. I also like 2 star Captain Marvel, but others disagree.
Unless you can finish high enough to get all 3 covers, you might want to wait on the timed events until you have more roster space. It will really hold you back to have a bunch of one cover 3 stars and no useable team. Once you have at least three mostly covered 2 star heroes to carry the load, you can then try for the others.

Mknzy

Wow. Squirrel Girl. No Thing or Mr. Fantastic, Namor, Sabertooth...the list goes on. So many great characters they haven't used yet and they had to bring in Squirrel Girl. I am dissapoint.

RedFyn

Thank you for the advice. At the moment I'm using a 1 green hulk, 2 blue doom and 5/5/3 iron man. I've been looking for good replacements and need to make a well rounded 2nd string.

Avoid bagman, classic hawkeye and yelena. Play through all the story events and collect all the good rewards. Use HP only for roster slots. You can get enough to expand several times for the story nodes.
Haha i took one look at bagman and yelena and knew they weren't for me. I disagree with you about classic hawkeye though. I found him to be an excellent special (I think thats the right word) tile clearer. He made fights vs minions much easier. And his colors don't clash with storms. I'm slowly making my way through the story but I've only been playing when I don't have an event to play. So I'm not very far.

Unless you can finish high enough to get all 3 covers, you might want to wait on the timed events until you have more roster space. It will really hold you back to have a bunch of one cover 3 stars and no useable team. Once you have at least three mostly covered 2 star heroes to carry the load, you can then try for the others.
This has been my biggest issue. Although so far its been from the 2* pack that I've gotten most of my random 3* that I assume I will just have to sell.

Focus on 2 star wolverine, daken, ares, thor, classic storm, modern magneto, and modern hawkeye when you can to make a good three man team. I also like 2 star Captain Marvel, but others disagree.
I'll keep this list in mind. You don't recommend capt america? I only ask because I have a 1/1/2, though I have yet to use him.

Malmorian

Wow. Squirrel Girl. No Thing or Mr. Fantastic, Namor, Sabertooth...the list goes on. So many great characters they haven't used yet and they had to bring in Squirrel Girl. I am dissapoint.

I hear ya. Cyclops? Proff X? Omega Red? List goes on

Thank you for the advice. At the moment I'm using a 1 green hulk, 2 blue doom and 5/5/3 iron man. I've been looking for good replacements and need to make a well rounded 2nd string.

Haha i took one look at bagman and yelena and knew they weren't for me. I disagree with you about classic hawkeye though. I found him to be an excellent special (I think thats the right word) tile clearer. He made fights vs minions much easier. And his colors don't clash with storms. I'm slowly making my way through the story but I've only been playing when I don't have an event to play. So I'm not very far.

This has been my biggest issue. Although so far its been from the 2* pack that I've gotten most of my random 3* that I assume I will just have to sell.

I'll keep this list in mind. You don't recommend capt america? I only ask because I have a 1/1/2, though I have yet to use him.
Classic hawkeye can be useful at first, but he is quickly outclassed and you will need the slot for better heroes.

I would recommend powering through the main story events asap. There are lots of good 2 star covers and several hundred HP available in there.

2 star cap is okay if you have nothing else, but his powers are slow and expensive. Wolverine or Thor are much better choices. The 3 star version of cap is great.

Malmorian

^ that would be..sick. Are there rumors about a 5*? Aren't there only like, 5 4*'s? That would be the maddest PvP event of all time. Fools be throwing that cash monie for a 5*

zulux21

^ that would be..sick. Are there rumors about a 5*? Aren't there only like, 5 4*'s? That would be the maddest PvP event of all time. Fools be throwing that cash monie for a 5*

talks are there are going to be a lot of 4 stars added this year (like most of the characters added this year will be 4 stars)

logically when you do that, you have to add another teir beyond that which would be 5 star. there is nothing for sure, but it seems like something they will likely do this fall.

Malmorian

The sight of a gold cover gets me hard. New 5* better be some kinda of reflecting foil, super-mega-gosu type card. C'mon MPQ, step up

Top Bottom