• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

Some of these nodes in the Oscorp mission are ridiculous. Powered up Juggernaut is basically cheating. He takes off thousands of HP with every hit. sigh.

RedFyn

Thanks guys. I listened to half your advice and swapped captain america for human torch classic. I figured I could do the events and in the 3 hour window complete the regular missions.

Do health packs still regenerate every half hour when you have less than 5?

Some of these nodes in the Oscorp mission are ridiculous. Powered up Juggernaut is basically cheating. He takes off thousands of HP with every hit. sigh.
I guess I just got lucky, I was able to focus him down quickly and the rest of the fight went by pretty quick.

zulux21

and $50 a cover (x13)

yeah, that is the thing that will be stupid crazy as it would likely be 5k hp per cover, and I would assume will go to level 400 or so.

still hoping against all odds we get something like Puzzles and Dragons Z for marvel puzzle quest :/

RedFyn

Sweet! The battle for 1st is on.

I used to get excited when I saw gold in the starter pack. Now my feelings are conflicted. Thanks gaf.

xRed, just sent a request

Cool, around the the same rank as my old alliance but it looks like you guys actually talk
Depends on the event. We get a lot of tokens when we all push the same event. Probably got 100 tokens for the Hand event. There aren't any requirements other than play regularly. I also like people to communicate occasionally.

Blank!

PvP rewards are weird. My Dr Doom bracket the highest guy was like 600 something and next highest was low 500's, and those guys had 4 star guys on their roster. I was eyeing the 2-star at 500 points but know way in hell I'd reach it.

Then there's the shield simulator where the top guy is at 1200 points? That's not even 2-star land and he's got a pair of 4's for his team. Seems like the vast majority of these rewards suck by the time you could reasonably get them.

PvP rewards are weird. My Dr Doom bracket the highest guy was like 600 something and next highest was low 500's, and those guys had 4 star guys on their roster. I was eyeing the 2-star at 500 points but know way in hell I'd reach it.

Then there's the shield simulator where the top guy is at 1200 points? That's not even 2-star land and he's got a pair of 4's for his team. Seems like the vast majority of these rewards suck by the time you could reasonably get them.
The PvP reward they want is the placement one, not the progression. Shield simulator is just to get the season rewards. At 3000 is a Blade cover, heroic 10 pack at 4000.

What do you guys think is the best Punisher loadout? I'm pretty sure green is the #1 ability, but what should I do past that? The black is cool for being somewhat cheap and hitting everybody, but killing someone at 40% health is pretty awesome too.

zulux21

What do you guys think is the best Punisher loadout? I'm pretty sure green is the #1 ability, but what should I do past that? The black is cool for being somewhat cheap and hitting everybody, but killing someone at 40% health is pretty awesome too.

it's not even a contest
3 in black
5 in the others

the two extra levels in black merely give it a tiny boost in attack power and have the count down timer go off one turn earlier... which when you are looking at merely 78 damage a turn without strike tiles isn't really a big deal (and if you have strike tiles just using the move for mass damage on the enemy is more than enough)

the extra 2 red though, takes the red move from being mediocre, to actually being decent. as the increase in damage for cover 4 isn't bad, but you would be surprised how often 40% will end a character while 30% won't. plus at 40% it actually seems like a bonus thing, while at 30% you typically aren't far from killing them with the moves damage anyways.

and 5 green vs 3 green is obvious as 50% more 122 strike tiles for the same cost is obviously a great plus.

now obviously you have to take team build into account. I am saying this in a vacuum where punisher is the only person in your party. now if you have someone else in your party that you would ALWAYS want to use their green or red move instead, then cutting down on either the green or red move to give the black move 5 covers wouldn't be a horrible idea. The Punisher really is one of the most balanced characters in the game. He has 3 moves that are each good but not great, that overall make a good character but not someone who is broken.

it's not even a contest
3 in black
5 in the others

the two extra levels in black merely give it a tiny boost in attack power and have the count down timer go off one turn earlier... which when you are looking at merely 78 damage a turn without strike tiles isn't really a big deal (and if you have strike tiles just using the move for mass damage on the enemy is more than enough)

the extra 2 red though, takes the red move from being mediocre, to actually being decent. as the increase in damage for cover 4 isn't bad, but you would be surprised how often 40% will end a character while 30% won't. plus at 40% it actually seems like a bonus thing, while at 30% you typically aren't far from killing them with the moves damage anyways.

and 5 green vs 3 green is obvious as 50% more 122 strike tiles for the same cost is obviously a great plus.

now obviously you have to take team build into account. I am saying this in a vacuum where punisher is the only person in your party. now if you have someone else in your party that you would ALWAYS want to use their green or red move instead, then cutting down on either the green or red move to give the black move 5 covers wouldn't be a horrible idea. The Punisher really is one of the most balanced characters in the game. He has 3 moves that are each good but not great, that overall make a good character but not someone who is broken.

Hmm. Currently rocking a 5/1/5 Punisher, simply because I never get greens for him. At this level, Green is complete trash, so I've never really respected him. I do usually rely on other characters' Red or Green (Lazy Cap, Lazy Thor, Hulk, Astonishing Wolvie, etc.), so maybe his green is not necessary. I have the potential to level him a lot, but I've been ignoring him. Maybe I'll pour some more ISO into him and see where it goes.

zulux21

Hmm. Currently rocking a 5/1/5 Punisher, simply because I never get greens for him. At this level, Green is complete trash, so I've never really respected him. I do usually rely on other characters' Red or Green (Lazy Cap, Lazy Thor, Hulk, Astonishing Wolvie, etc.), so maybe his green is not necessary. I have the potential to level him a lot, but I've been ignoring him. Maybe I'll pour some more ISO into him and see where it goes.

his green move becomes one of the better strike tile placers. not the pure damage of patch, but a lot less risk.

being able to couple his green move with his black move does some decent damage for their costs. again none of his skills are really amazing, but together they make a solid character.

zulux21

Punisher is the very definition of a mid-tier 3*.....

which unfortunately means pretty medicore overall now

yeah I don't exactly use him anymore, though as I said I still find him solid. He feels like they got the balance just right. I'd rather just be using patch and daken because I find it more amusing.

I'd like to join.

BTW, my point about PvP below was that the people who could use those mid level rewards/covers can't seem to get them, and the people who can get them, don't need them is all.
Ok, search for S.H.E.E.P. under private alliances.

edit: I assume Blankasaurus is you. I recommend leveling up 3 or 4 of those 2 star heroes quickly even if you don't have all the covers.

Man, I'm gonna be lucky to get even one Squirrel Girl cover. The overall bracket I wound up in has me hanging around 80-130th place, so this is gonna be close.

Subevents I'm crushing, though, and hitting to 25 or so for each one. Few thousand away from that Torch cover, too.

Man, I'm gonna be lucky to get even one Squirrel Girl cover. The overall bracket I wound up in has me hanging around 80-130th place, so this is gonna be close.

Subevents I'm crushing, though, and hitting to 25 or so for each one. Few thousand away from that Torch cover, too.
Cool. I am in a bracket with hail.hydra members so top spots will be hard to get. Hoping to stay in top 50.

Blank!

Ok, search for S.H.E.E.P. under private alliances.

edit: I assume Blankasaurus is you. I recommend leveling up 3 or 4 of those 2 star heroes quickly even if you don't have all the covers.

Yeah, I've made some poor decisions in leveling (see: dinosaur) which cost me some time. Most are max/near max level for the covers they have though. They're getting there albeit a little slowly.

Yeah, I've made some poor decisions in leveling (see: dinosaur) which cost me some time. Most are max/near max level for the covers they have though. They're getting there albeit a little slowly.
Where did you even get that many Dino covers? Was there an event?
Getting storm and magneto up will really help in PvP. Or at least just storm.

Blank!

Where did you even get that many Dino covers? Was there an event?
Getting storm and magneto up will really help in PvP. Or at least just storm.

Anniversary, I snagged a 10 pack from an event + random packs and pulled all those covers. He's a great meatshield and I don't seem to get attacked by anyone not rocking max 3's, but he doesn't do much else.

Blank!

Is there any point in "finishing" all the nodes in tower II? Like is there some freebie near the end like Deadpools? My time is better spent farming the essentials/no hero nodes and I'll stop at imposters assemble otherwise.

Is there any point in "finishing" all the nodes in tower II? Like is there some freebie near the end like Deadpools? My time is better spent farming the essentials/no hero nodes and I'll stop at imposters assemble otherwise.

No, there's not. I'm done trying the last node, too, the one with lazy Daken. Kicking my ass far too often.

Just for fun at the end of the night, tried that last fight... kicked its ass.

Used my Daredevil (6100 health buffed), Torch (7k health buffed) and Ms Marvel (5700 health buffed), managed on my first turn to rack up the AP, throw down two Ambush traps and a Flame Jet, and lastly take Ares down about 7000 health (half). All on the first turn.

Sometimes it's just luck. Got a Lv 235 Yelena team-up out of it, too.

RedFyn

Luck is nice; but when you have 12,700 health between all of your characters you need divine intervention just to have a chance.

I meant to try it last night just for fun but fell asleep before I did. Thankfully I've held onto my lead so I'm assuming no one else that's active is beating it consistently.

Yesss!

Two Squirrel Girl covers. What an incredible bracket I was in. Started late but not super late, still landed top 10 in sub bracket and 30whatever overall. Mainly just one pass through everything and a couple of repeats of Essentials to keep me in the top 50.

Amazing amazing amazing.

Dalek

Has anyone ever not recieved rewards for an event? I feel like I never got my Season 9 rewards, and I logged a ticket with their support, but today I'm not getting anything for my place in the Lightning Rounds.

Has anyone ever not recieved rewards for an event? I feel like I never got my Season 9 rewards, and I logged a ticket with their support, but today I'm not getting anything for my place in the Lightning Rounds.
Sometimes I don't get the reward until the next day.

Top Bottom