• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

Stupid question-what determines your team when enemies attack you. Is it your strongest characters, or the last team you used?

Blank!

You should level up Storm anyway. All you really need are the blues and yellows.

I don't find her that great tbh, at least by herself. The AoE on the targets I'm facing is almost wasted since the featured character can't be highly covered/leveled at all or else I can't do the node anyway, so I'm only looking to gimp 1 - 2 people (and usually, my primary target for attack are guys with one 'squishy' like a storm, mag, hawkeye, etc.). Building up that much blue is also hard especially since I wouldn't have anyone to tank for her, so she'll be eating damage back. PvE, I prefer 1-star storm over her. Better board shake/tile deny.

Think I may slide into top 10 in squirrel girl PvP. Let's see if this holds....

Bigfoot

Yeah, about that...

I'm probably missing something here, but are you trying to say the game isn't fun if you don't go for 3 stars, or that the game becomes a grind if you try to fill out your 2 stars, or that the game is a grind no matter what? The way I see it, 3 star covers take a lot more work to get than 2 star covers. I'm also mostly an Event player with an occasional visit to Versus to grab an easy to get 2 star cover that I need.

I still stand by what I said with trying to make the game more fun for me and not force myself to grind just to get a second or third cover for a 3 star character.

Dalek

I'm probably missing something here, but are you trying to say the game isn't fun if you don't go for 3 stars, or that the game becomes a grind if you try to fill out your 2 stars, or that the game is a grind no matter what? The way I see it, 3 star covers take a lot more work to get than 2 star covers. I'm also mostly an Event player with an occasional visit to Versus to grab an easy to get 2 star cover that I need.

I still stand by what I said with trying to make the game more fun for me and not force myself to grind just to get a second or third cover for a 3 star character.

no-the entire game is a real grind. Focus on leveling up your 2 stars, because getting the 3 stars as prizes in events is a real grind. And the drops you get from covers are so stingy. With 50+ characters out there-the chances of getting the one you're looking for is next to nil.

If you feel getting a certain character will make the game more fun, then ok-just understand that if it's a 3 star character it's going to be near-unusable for most battles until you level it up to a reasonable point-which will take forever.

Pushed for top 50 in the PVP. Man this game is a grind...I missed a couple events so I may not even get my 10 pack.

On the positive side, I appreciate all the advice on leveling lazy cap. I have him at 4/5/3 and he had become my main. How is Mohawk Storm? I can only bring her to 102 but not sure if she is any good (3/2/3).

Spoit

no-the entire game is a real grind. Focus on leveling up your 2 stars, because getting the 3 stars as prizes in events is a real grind. And the drops you get from covers are so stingy. With 50+ characters out there-the chances of getting the one you're looking for is next to nil.

If you feel getting a certain character will make the game more fun, then ok-just understand that if it's a 3 star character it's going to be near-unusable for most battles until you level it up to a reasonable point-which will take forever.

And if you think 3*s are a grind.....Actually, yeah, 4* covers aren't that bad since they rotate every other week, as opposed to maybe once a month. Though the dilution is going to get tough if they keep introducing terrible ones like elektra

Dalek

Just to confirm-there will be one more tournament after High Stakes right? I'm 100 points away from my my 10 pack, and I've hit a wall-and I'm only going to lose points from being attacked now. Sooo close...

Just to confirm-there will be one more tournament after High Stakes right? I'm 100 points away from my my 10 pack, and I've hit a wall-and I'm only going to lose points from being attacked now. Sooo close...

Can't you just do a few Simulator battles to get there before you get attacked?

They're all way over my level right now.

Ahh. Sorry to hear it.

And to those who are deleting 3* heroes - why not spend a couple bucks to open some roster slots? I'll say it again: is the enjoyment you're getting from this game not enough to kick back a couple dollars to the developer?

Dalek

Phew. Grinder my fucking ass off, after spending some ISO to get more match ups to appear. Got my 10-pack and got 4 golds: Spider-Man, Patch, Gamora and Sentry. My first Patch!

I went from 104 to 41 in 10 minutes at the end of the Squirrel Girl PvP. Just crushed fools with a loaded up Lazy Cap and GSBW and some boosts. Love that team. GSBW hits them all with Sniper, and Cap takes out the rest with his red power. Lethal amount of damage. I love it.

Hopefully my lazy cap will be ready to use soon. Only 6 covers, but 4 are red.

Red and Blue are god-tier, in that order of priority. I only use yellow when I want to just create a bunch of yellow matches with the protect tiles; I don't usually utilize protect tiles. Maybe that's a mistake.

I think they pushed out two subevents for PvE accidentally, the second one with 3 days remaining. I managed to do a run through the fights, and going back now after the refresh and there's only one, not with 3 days. Pretty positive they just pulled it back after accidentally pushing it out.

I think they pushed out two subevents for PvE accidentally, the second one with 3 days remaining. I managed to do a run through the fights, and going back now after the refresh and there's only one, not with 3 days. Pretty positive they just pulled it back after accidentally pushing it out.
Yeah, they screwed up. You were lucky to get to play through it.

Mknzy

So 8 hour refresh is going to be standard from now on. That will get me to actually push on this game again, as it wont be NEARLY as bad of a grind. I can't wait!

Mknzy

Red and Blue are god-tier, in that order of priority. I only use yellow when I want to just create a bunch of yellow matches with the protect tiles; I don't usually utilize protect tiles. Maybe that's a mistake.

I agree that Red and Blue are great in the case of Cap, IMHO his yellow is way more expensive than it is worth. With characters that can give you good protect tiles without a high cost, ex Cmags, you can pretty much eliminate match damage entirely, which goes a long way.

Ape

Banned
There are too many characters imo. Or at least Getting there. I think we might need packs with certain characters in them instead of having half the roster vaulted. So at least they are available instead of being taken away for months at a time.

Fjord

Two slots open in GAF-Vengers, just apply and you're in.

Also paging xenocide and Anilones19, anyone able to get in touch with them and see if they're planning on playing again?

raiot

I want to join gaf vengers!, I'm currently in Gaf Kanada, but there is not much activity in there...

edit: applied to gaf-vengers, hope I'm not too late!

Anyone know when shields go off? Is it when you START a PvP match or after you win/lose it?

When you break shields, you want to have at least 2 good matches queued up on different nodes. Skip until you find ones that are high enough points and beatable. Then go in fully loaded and win fast. You can probably get 2 wins before they start attacking, so you shield up again quickly. Just make sure you're ok with having to buy a higher priced shield, or you're coming off a higher priced to a lower one, now that they have timers to discourage shield hopping.

Ape

Banned
Speaking of Alliances, one of the members of the Xmen groups was paired in one of my Season X groupings. They are lol ahead.

Speaking of Alliances, one of the members of the Xmen groups was paired in one of my Season X groupings. They are lol ahead.
I was stuck in a PvE bracket with some hail hydra members. The top 10 was not gonna happen for me that round. In my current event, I have we are groot, xmen, and several other top ones. I need better bracket picking luck.

Heh, I went to the new PvE subevent and it shows that I've already done each fight before, since I did actually get to do that a few days ago, when they had rolled out the previous subevent with a few extras. Gotta get me into that top 50 this weekend!

Don't think I'm gonna bother trying to get StarLord. I'm hovering in the 170ish range. Probably just gonna get a Mohawk Storm and be done with it.

I need to get that LThor progression reward, but it's going so slowly! I'm at 23000 now. Hope I can get to 60 by the end of the event.

Dispatch

It's more difficult to get the progression rewards with the 8 hour refresh time as opposed to three hours, like before. They really need to adjust the progression rewards as a result.

Bigfoot

It's more difficult to get the progression rewards with the 8 hour refresh time as opposed to three hours, like before. They really need to adjust the progression rewards as a result.
They did last time. I had no issues getting all the progression awards in the last event.

I'm finding it harder this event but I also don't have the essential.

Just got the last progression reward. Hovering around 55th, though with a push last night I managed to get into 43rd. This'll be a grindy weekend.

For real. When your next reward starts getting dished out at 5000 points each but each fight is only giving you a couple hundred, that's too much. Especially when they're decreasing in value every time you win.

Spoit

whaaaaaaat? It was super trivial to get the progressions with the 8 hour refreshes. I only played like twice last event, and got it by just hitting the essentials until they were sub-1k points. Like a couple hours at most

Whereas I;ve been grinding every single darned refresh this pve and just now finally got the last progression reward after like 10+ hours of grinding

Triz

I must have lucked out on the pve bracket. I'm in top 30 and haven't really had to grind all that much. Guess starting a day later helped.

NineH

whaaaaaaat? It was super trivial to get the progressions with the 8 hour refreshes. I only played like twice last event, and got it by just hitting the essentials until they were sub-1k points. Like a couple hours at most

Whereas I;ve been grinding every single darned refresh this pve and just now finally got the last progression reward after like 10+ hours of grinding

I got the final progression reward about halfway through the event when they had the 8 hour refreshes. On this 3 hour refresh event, I got the final progression reward yesterday with only a day or so left in the event and I am playing this one much more in order to get Starlord.

zulux21

How long would I have to stop playing in order to be grouped with scrubs again

it took 2-3 months of me just doing dailies most days, and only really entering the pve when it had new characters to get in the stuff I am in. and I stay there by only going after new characters and characters I feel are absolute musts in terms of power. I judge quickly if I feel a character will be worth the effort. most characters aren't worth much effort.

Top Bottom