• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Blank!

The new 8 hour refresh on PvE has been just what I needed for that. I can log in 3 times a day, do the one or two good paying nodes, and still pull a top 50 finish which is good enough for me most of the time. Makes the game a lot more relaxing.

so I'm curious about this, is what's most optimal now to play every node just once then wait 8 hours and do it again? Then just before the event is over, grind them all down to 1?

Spoit

so I'm curious about this, is what's most optimal now to play every node just once then wait 8 hours and do it again? Then just before the event is over, grind them all down to 1?

Yes, that;s the super optimal way. But really, just not letting the nodes countdown to 0 and doing a reasonable amount of clearing at the end should get you reasonable placement. There are 6 stacks so you only lose 17% by doing a second clear IMEDIATELY. if you wait at least like, 3 hours, that's down to only losing 10% of the points

The changes they're experimenting with for this Mohawk PvP I'm liking. Different matchups, giving me more than just ** Magneto and ** Storm + featured for 21/22 pts, and I was able to get up over 725 pts this time, rather than the usual 500-600.

Hopefully they stick with whatever they did moving forward.

Mknzy

...I did a seed node, and then after that, all the skips I'm seeing while under a hundred points are 166 teams

That's my situation more or less. It's why I stoped bothering with PvP some time ago. I just focus on PvE, I enjoy that a lot more. Sure sometimes you fight teams higher level than that, and the nasty goon combos, but I just enjoy the PvE more. Plus I don't feel like I am handicapped because I refuse to spend HP on shields.

That's my situation more or less. It's why I stoped bothering with PvP some time ago. I just focus on PvE, I enjoy that a lot more. Sure sometimes you fight teams higher level than that, and the nasty goon combos, but I just enjoy the PvE more. Plus I don't feel like I am handicapped because I refuse to spend HP on shields.
I usually only play to 300-400 points to get the early tokens and HP. That also gets you close to the heroic ten pack for the season.

Yasss!!

Started with 2.5 to go, ended with like 370 and 19th place finish. Got me Gamora, two covers worth.

my roster is KILLING IT.

i think i'm just missing
doc ock
elektra
thora
star lord

Spoit

My pve node frequently go to 395. which is kinda, you know, worse.

Why do I play this again?

Mknzy

My pve node frequently go to 395. which is kinda, you know, worse.

Why do I play this again?

Honestly I have asked myself that more than once. I keep coming back to the idea that I have spent too much on HP over the last year, a few bucks here a few bucks there, to just quit. I guess I am waiting to see how this 3* to 4* transition works out, if it smooths out I may stick around, if not I will probally be done by the end of the year.

Ape

Banned
2 to 3 transition is so brutal. just as I was getting cap and hulk to be decent they are gone. idk. im just sitting here with my dick in my hand now as season 11 starts.

Bigfoot

So what is this gauntlet thing? It doesn't look like the Events I'm used to from my short time playing this game. No end time choice either.

zulux21

upcoming patch info
The spot has been marked - and a much-requested hero arrives.

UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
-Numerous powers that involve selecting tiles (such as Bullseye's Murderous Aim, The Hood's Twin Pistols, etc.) can be used with Colossus’s Fastball Special again.
Full List Of Powers Once Again Compatible With Fastball Special:
All Captain America (both 2-Star and 3-Star) Powers
All Black Widow (Grey Suit) Powers
All Spider-Man (Bag-Man) Powers
Bullseye: Murderous Aim
Hawkeye (Classic): Arrow Stab
Hawkeye (Classic): Take Aim
Hawkeye (Modern): Blast Arrow
Hawkeye (Modern): Electric Arrow
The Hood: Twin Pistols
Invisible Woman: Force Bubbles
Magneto (Marvel NOW!): Polarity Shift
Moonstone: Gravity Warp
Rocket & Groot: I Got a Plan

-More characters allowed in Survival missions: characters and Team-Ups on enemy teams in Survival missions no longer restrict which characters and Team-Ups you can bring into battle.

-In the mission map, you can now enter missions by tapping/clicking on their title on the map (as well as tapping/clicking on the mission pin a second time).

-Players must now create a name, by joining an Event, before the “Join Alliance” button shows up.

-Fixed a bug where, if a trap placed by Doctor Doom’s Diabolical Plot changed color, it wouldn’t be disarmed when Diabolical Plot was activated.

-Fixed a bug where minions were not generating AP of a color if there were only one or two tiles of that color on the board.

also looking around a bit rumor is cyclops should be coming soon (talks are Tron-Suit Cyclops)
an unknown character after cyclops
and then a 3 passive character (likely another xmen) should be coming sometime in the next month or two as well.

There also might be some sort of daily PVE coming, but that seems to be far less substantiated than the characters.

In the last PvP, I got over a hundred points from one guy who kept attacking me. I lost about 11 points each time he attacked, but gained about 30 every time I retaliated. Not sure how many points he was getting, but it had to be a bad deal for him. Don't think he was trying to tank or he would have had worse heroes.

Bigfoot

On the gauntlet are the enemies the same level for everyone
I'd like to know too. For reference, on node(?) number 2 I have level 40 guys. On the last node in the first part (number 14) I have level 56 guys.

I've only barely started the second part of the gauntlet but on number 16 I have level 76 guys. I can't see myself making it to the third part of it keeps ramping up. I finally just beat the level 140 final guy in the main story and I barely did it. He's just one guy so no way can I take on 3 level 100+ guys.

Mknzy

I'd like to know too. For reference, on node(?) number 2 I have level 40 guys. On the last node in the first part (number 14) I have level 56 guys.

I've only barely started the second part of the gauntlet but on number 16 I have level 76 guys. I can't see myself making it to the third part of it keeps ramping up. I finally just beat the level 140 final guy in the main story and I barely did it. He's just one guy so no way can I take on 3 level 100+ guys.

Well there is defidently some scaling, because I am only half way through the first section and I am already facing enemies close to level 100. The Gauntlet is supposed to be an extreme challenge as you get close to the end, espically the last 7-8 nodes. Good luck to everyone!

Blank!

I'm on the Magneto/Falcon/Spiderman node in the 2nd Gauntlet. I've only tried it once but I can already see it's going to be a bitch without boosting/luck.

Wasn't too bad once I got a good board/magneto down. Now I'm at the dino/hulk/thor node... that's a whole lot of meat to go through. If I can kill Thor and keep OBW/Dakan alive, I can probably live through attrition.... just so beefy.

Blank!

Guantlet just sucks....I hate this.

Going to push for the Punisher Green cover but that's about it. Would like the hood cover so I might peak at tier 3, but I don't have any deadpool covers so won't bother with that.

Currently on the last node of tier 2 and then I have 4 of the essentials left over. Elektra, Patch, Falcon doesn't seem so bad....

(EDIT) nevermind, that wasy easy. Kill Falcon, Elektra doesn't know how to use double cross, gives me 3 stirke tiles. Wolverine beserker rages when I have 20+ red and buffed human torch. GG.

Mknzy

See I really enjoy the Gauntlet. No time constraints, (not really an issue anymore with no more 2.5 hour refresh, but it was a big deal at the time) and some good, challenging matches that wont get stronger against you as time goes on, it's just about pushing through and playing with diffrent strategies to pull out a win. I use characters in my roster I almost never use just because they have a great response to a situation. Lots of fun to me.

I made it halfway through the third gauntlet but it's just kicking my ass now. Lv 212 Lady Thor/Blade/RocketGroot is far too much for me, as is Lv 177 Squirrel Girl/Panther/Lazy Daken.

That's probably gonna be it for me this time around, there's absolutely no way I'll be able to finish this one.

Blank!

I can't finish the last 3 nodes for the middle Gauntlet. I could really use a Punisher cover.

Some strategies I've used:

1- Tank everything. I have a level 100+ Devil Dinosaur from the anniversary. He tanks most colors and is incredibly meaty (albeit, not very useful). Hide high damage dealers behind him and just bring him out in front to tank shit.

2- Deny resources. Generally focused on OBW and just making key matches. The Deadpool/Sentry/Dakan matchup was basically deny red and steal purple.

3- Strike tile spam. 2* Wolverine/Dakan with Ares (or Thor). Would work better with boosts, but I haven't had to use any yet. Got through the spidey/magneto/falcon node with this combo with a decent board. Swapping in a Ms Marvel for the 3rd would of made this easier.

4- Mag/Storm combo (bonus points for hawkeye). Also works best with boosts/favorable board, but you really only need to get going once and you run shit over.

Doing the hood nodes now, I only have a 2-cover yellow hood so uhhh... this might be rough.

(EDIT) or not, Stormneto 4tw. Punisher cover np.

Dalek

Some strategies I've used:

1- Tank everything. I have a level 100+ Devil Dinosaur from the anniversary. He tanks most colors and is incredibly meaty (albeit, not very useful). Hide high damage dealers behind him and just bring him out in front to tank shit.

2- Deny resources. Generally focused on OBW and just making key matches. The Deadpool/Sentry/Dakan matchup was basically deny red and steal purple.

3- Strike tile spam. 2* Wolverine/Dakan with Ares (or Thor). Would work better with boosts, but I haven't had to use any yet. Got through the spidey/magneto/falcon node with this combo with a decent board. Swapping in a Ms Marvel for the 3rd would of made this easier.

4- Mag/Storm combo (bonus points for hawkeye). Also works best with boosts/favorable board, but you really only need to get going once and you run shit over.

Doing the hood nodes now, I only have a 2-cover yellow hood so uhhh... this might be rough.

(EDIT) or not, Stormneto 4tw. Punisher cover np.

Thanks for the tips. The node I'm stuck on right now is "Essential 10-The Hood"where I'm up against Level 112 Blade, Level 113 Hulk, Level 112 Spidey.

My Hood is only Level 70 (boosted). I'll throw in Devil Dinosaur (Level 82) and then maybe use Ares Level 94 to deal damage...acually maybe Daken since he can heal.

Mknzy

I am enjoying the Gauntlet, just hard to keep myself going when the only reward I really can use out of it is the Hood yellow cover. My Punisher is already 166 with the covers I want so that is just a sell for me, and the Deadpool purple, while I can use it, I don't see myself earning enough points to get.

Spoit

It only really starts getting expensive past the point where he'd be better than a 3*. He's not going to do much of anything at 2/2/2

It only really starts getting expensive past the point where he'd be better than a 3*. He's not going to do much of anything at 2/2/2

Mine is 3/2/2 and he sits very well alongside my high & max level 3* characters....but he definitely isn't "better". Need more black covers...

Spoit

Mine is 3/2/2 and he sits very well alongside my high & max level 3* characters....but he definitely isn't "better". Need more black covers...

I eat the uncovered ones for lunch. You need at least 5 in green or black to make him more of a threat than a B-tier 3* like cap or daken, much less someone who's a real threat like hood or Lazy thor

Blank!

Got the hood cover from gauntlet. Doesn't seem worth to go any farther as I don't think I'd finish and don't need the deadpool cover (have 0 of his covers so meh).

Completely missed the spiderman PvP... only sentry for reward but still wish I got to rank in it. Oh well. Will just have to push harder in the other PvP events.

Top Bottom