• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

I got the final progression reward about halfway through the event when they had the 8 hour refreshes. On this 3 hour refresh event, I got the final progression reward yesterday with only a day or so left in the event and I am playing this one much more in order to get Starlord.

I'm starting to get huge gains today with the essential character nodes. 1,000 - 1,600 each. I've got like 8,000 left to go for the final progression.

In the beginning I was getting 3-500 max for the big ones, so I was worried.

I'm sitting 19th with 107k points, about to call it a night. I have just under 9 hours to go, and I'll get to do a run through in the morning before work. I'm really hoping I don't come home to find out I'm 51st in the event...

zulux21

I'm sitting 19th with 107k points, about to call it a night. I have just under 9 hours to go, and I'll get to do a run through in the morning before work. I'm really hoping I don't come home to find out I'm 51st in the event...

don't worry, with how events usually go on the last day it would be shocking if you were 51st after work.

more likely 151st >.> as the last 4 hours or so tend to be the most important time to play an event.

don't worry, with how events usually go on the last day it would be shocking if you were 51st after work.

more likely 151st >.> as the last 4 hours or so tend to be the most important time to play an event.
Got up and ran some nodes into the ground, specifically the ones with goons. Got up to 23rd, and that was with an hour left. I should be okay. I'll find out later. And all 5 of my season-ending Heroics were two-star garbage. The usual.

komarkaze

I am gradually collecting more covers and have enough ISO to raise the level of another of my characters from ~110 to 140-166. So far, I only have one level 166 character in Lazy Cap. Here are my candidates for next character:

Hulk
Punisher
Iron Man 40
Falcon
Lazy Storm
GSBW
Psylocke
Daredevil
Sentry
Human Torch

Who would be best to level up?

Spoit

I am gradually collecting more covers and have enough ISO to raise the level of another of my characters from ~110 to 140-166. So far, I only have one level 166 character in Lazy Cap. Here are my candidates for next character:

Hulk
Punisher
Iron Man 40
Falcon
Lazy Storm
GSBW
Psylocke
Daredevil
Sentry
Human Torch

Those are all pretty B-tier or less characters. I guess....punisher? He's been pretty power creeped into obsolescence though

komarkaze

I had 28 covers stockpiled from this past week and I just redeemed them. I got 5 3-star covers that I needed and 2 3-star covers that I already maxed out. That's the best percentage of golds I ever got. Looks like I'm going to be upgrading Patch instead.

Dalek

Hulk
Punisher
Iron Man 40
Falcon
Lazy Storm
GSBW
Psylocke
Daredevil
Sentry
Human Torch

I really like using Falcon-he's a great support character.

komarkaze

As far as support characters go, Falcon is a great deterrent against countdown and special tiles with a maxed out blue power. My level 114 Hood is nice for the steal ability but I lose big time if the enemy team lucks into a never-ending cascade, which happens too frequently. Then there's Loki, who I won my first green cover today. He's currently at level 96 but I can level him up to 130. That green would do great against those cascades, but is it worth it at the first cover where you get 2 4-countdown tiles? I also have a Lazy Daken I could bring to 102, but I don't have any purple covers yet.

43rd! Star-Lord is mine!

Now the new PvE only really excites me about the blue RockyGroot cover at the end of the progression rewards. Otherwise meh!

Hulk
Punisher
Iron Man 40
Falcon
Lazy Storm
GSBW
Psylocke
Daredevil
Sentry
Human Torch

Probably not a popular opinion but I love it when I get the chance to use GSBW. Her purple is great.

Spoit

Both falcon and GSBW are incredibly fragile, and I'd really suggest holding off on leveling them TOO much before you have someone else to at least tank some of their colors.

And you really need the 2 tile spam from lazy daken or blade to make the most of falcon

Both falcon and GSBW are incredibly fragile, and I'd really suggest holding off on leveling them TOO much before you have someone else to at least tank some of their colors.

And you really need the 2 tile spam from lazy daken or blade to make the most of falcon

This is an excellent point. As much as I enjoy her skills I can't get more than a few runs out of GSBW (lvl 127) before she is done. My 102 Falcon is worse.

zulux21

more iso 8 and hero points
Hi, all,

As of the latest update (available within the hour), we’ve increased the amount of Iso-8 and Hero Points you’ll get from daily rewards. Details:

The daily rewards used to run through day 486. They now run through day 701. (Don’t worry, we’ll make more before anyone gets there!)
The average amount of Iso-8 you get per day has roughly doubled for players with 30+ days played.
The average amount of Hero Points you get per day has increased by 50% for players between 30 days played and 100, and has roughly doubled for players with 100+ days played.
The random rewards that you get on days that aren’t specially marked are unchanged.

This is one of the changes we’re making to better balance the economy now that there are so many characters in the game. We’re working on more - details to come when they’re ready!

This is an excellent point. As much as I enjoy her skills I can't get more than a few runs out of GSBW (lvl 127) before she is done. My 102 Falcon is worse.

Yeah, I have a pretty high level GSBW, but I don't use her often for this reason. Not sure who could tank purple for her, though. Or who produces enough green to get her to 19 for the triple-kill.

Mknzy

So looks like I wont be using boosted characters other than OBW for this event. Still looking forward to it. Gonna be hard to rank high with no StarLord, but with an 8 hour refresh it should be much more relaxing to clear.

Dalek

What's the lastest on GAFvengers? Do we have any extra room? I have a co-worker who was interested in joining our alliance....

NineH

Yay! Gold token from divine champion pvp...

Ragnarok

Darn, I already maxed him a while ago. Why don't you give me something good D3, like a Thoress token :(

zulux21

I haven't gotten the full "all 20 members played" reward in months. It is usually between 13-17 people playing.

yeah, I can't remember the last time I saw more than 16. most of the time it's 14-16 thus I believe there are 4 members that just don't play anymore but I haven't cared enough to pay attention to who.

but I hadn't got my daily today thus I can at least do this
f8b954306d.jpg
so we get kidInsomnia, shaowebb, xenocide, anilones19

sadly all the season data is already removed so we can't check to see if they played in that... same with the last story chapter.
we can look at the current events though and see that those 4 plus myself are the only ones that haven't done anything in the pvp about to end
they haven't done anything in the new pve but that should be expected as they didn't log in yesterday.

I believe shaowebb just randomly plays because he got a job that requires a lot of focus, he is the only non commander of the players I mentioned though (he was one then left for a bit, and then when a character he wanted came we let him back in and he got a higher score than anyone else in the guild :p)

NineH

Anilones19 seems to have quit the game entirely as I have not seen him play in quite some time. I'm not too sure about Xenocide but it seems he hasn't played in a while either.

sadly all the season data is already removed so we can't check to see if they played in that... same with the last story chapter.
we can look at the current events though and see that those 4 plus myself are the only ones that haven't done anything in the pvp about to end

I went hard last season. They actually had heroes I needed and because I took it easy the previous season, and my brackets were cake. I think I got the top 10 on three different occasions, and #1 on two others. This might be a lite season though, since the prizes are heroes I haven't already started, and it's hard to get new spots at 450 hp a slot.

zulux21

Sorry. I'm KidInsomnia. I haven't started the PVE yet, I was waiting for a sweeter bracket.

EDIT: Racking up some Divine points now tho.

it's all good, I wasn't calling anyone out just showing what little data I could in regards to why only 16 people had logged in :p

I went hard last season. They actually had heroes I needed and because I took it easy the previous season, and my brackets were cake. I think I got the top 10 on three different occasions, and #1 on two others. This might be a lite season though, since the prizes are heroes I haven't already started, and it's hard to get new spots at 450 hp a slot.

the changes to daily rewards will help with that, but I get not wanting to go after heroes because you don't have slots... I only have like 1 more 1 star and 2 two stars I can get rid of to make room for other characters.

Mknzy

So is it just me or does Starlord seem...not that great? I like that they were trying to do something diffrent with him, and I like the idea of his abilities making your abilities cheaper or your opponents abilities more expensive, but with everything revolving around countdown tiles it just seems....sub par. This is the type of ability I would think would be PERFECT for trap tiles, but this just seems....mediocre at best.

zulux21

So is it just me or does Starlord seem...not that great? I like that they were trying to do something diffrent with him, and I like the idea of his abilities making your abilities cheaper or your opponents abilities more expensive, but with everything revolving around countdown tiles it just seems....sub par. This is the type of ability I would think would be PERFECT for trap tiles, but this just seems....mediocre at best.
I haven't played with starlord yet, but I have to have two questions answered before I can even remotely form a thought on him.

1. Does his abilities effect himself, aka does his yellow move make his other moves cheaper.

2. Can his yellow move or his red move stack, for example if I have the red move activated twice at max level do all of the enemies moves cost 4 more to use?

Mknzy

As far as I can see and from what it seems to me, with it worded as "with at least 1 such tile on the board" I would say that they do not stack for the effects. His abilities deal decent damage but even with that it just doesn't seem like enough to be worth it.

Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw) :starlord:
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) (Obviously)
At Max Level: HP: 10960 2960 base Tile damage: 73/64/11/82/10/11/4.0x

Sleight of Hand 10 :purple:
Peter pulls the old switcheroo and swaps one of his enemy's possessions with a little surprise. He turns a selected non-Countdown tile into a 3-turn Countdown tile which deals 785 damage to the enemy.
Level 2: Countdown tile deals 1350 damage
Level 3: Countdown tile deals 1915 damage
Level 4: Can select Countdown tiles. 2 turn Countdown tile deals 2049 damage.
Level 5: Countdown tile deals 2504 damage, plus 731 damage to the enemy team.
Max Level: 4973/1451 damage.

Everyone With Me 7 :yellow:
Star-Lord quickly pulls together a plan - or at least most of one. Places a 3-turn Countdown tile. While at least one such tile is on the board, all friendly Red and Yellow ability costs are reduced by 1. (Dev note: This is placed on a random Yellow tile)
Level 2: Friendly Blue ability costs are reduced by 1.
Level 3: Places a 4 turn Countdown tile. Friendly Green ability costs are reduced by 1.
Level 4: Friendly Red, Blue, Green, Yellow ability costs are reduced by 2.
Level 5: Places a 5 turn Countdown tile. Friendly Red, Blue, Green, Purple, and Yellow ability costs are reduced by 2.

Oldest Trick in the Book 8 :red:
Star-Lord points past his enemy and shouts "Hey! Is that Beta Ray Bill?" before swinging in with a sucker punch. He creates a 2-turn Countdown tile which deals 612 damage. While at least one such tile is on the board, all enemy Red and Green ability costs are increased by 1. (Dev note: This is placed on a random Red tile)
Level 2: Deals 802 to the target enemy. Enemy Yellow ability costs are increased by 1.
Level 3: Places a 3 turn Countdown tile. Enemy Black ability costs are increased by 1.
Level 4: Deals 1897 to the target enemy. Enemy Red, Yellow, Green, and Black ability costs are increased by 2.
Level 5: Deals 3525 to the target enemy. Enemy Red, Yellow, Green, Black and Blue ability costs are increased by 2.
Max Level: 6998 damage.

Dalek

Anytime I use countdown tiles, they almost always get matched up miraculously by the AI.

zulux21

As far as I can see and from what it seems to me, with it worded as "with at least 1 such tile on the board" I would say that they do not stack for the effects. His abilities deal decent damage but even with that it just doesn't seem like enough to be worth it.

it does seem that way which in general would make him just ok.
I'd maybe goof around with him, spidy and someone else maybe psyloche if I ever got the covers, but nothing amazing seems like it will come from him.

the big plus with spidy is that the purple matches would double up as defenseive matches, and then with the yellow move triggered the web move would only cost 3 which could do a good amount of lock down. I was thinking psylocke with them because she has some cheap moves that would benefit the most from cost reduction. but yeah, he much like electra feels like a 3 star that was just made a 4 star because it's their goal to add a lot more 4 stars this year.

Mknzy

it does seem that way which in general would make him just ok.
I'd maybe goof around with him, spidy and someone else maybe psyloche if I ever got the covers, but nothing amazing seems like it will come from him.

the big plus with spidy is that the purple matches would double up as defenseive matches, and then with the yellow move triggered the web move would only cost 3 which could do a good amount of lock down. I was thinking psylocke with them because she has some cheap moves that would benefit the most from cost reduction. but yeah, he much like electra feels like a 3 star that was just made a 4 star because it's their goal to add a lot more 4 stars this year.

That is pretty much exactly my thoughts. At least they increased the amounts of HP/ISO you get from the daily rewards which will help with getting slots etc.

Mknzy

I'm burned out on the game. I'll log in daily, but I won't push for major rewards for a while.

The new 8 hour refresh on PvE has been just what I needed for that. I can log in 3 times a day, do the one or two good paying nodes, and still pull a top 50 finish which is good enough for me most of the time. Makes the game a lot more relaxing.

Top Bottom