• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Ape

Banned
How soon before it ends do you start?

I gave myself a little under two hours. It gave me enough time to exhaust my team and get 430 points.

e: My last season ceiling was 300 points and one cover, this has been getting me into better brackets (my wife even was bracketed into one with 200 people but she started at 1 hour remaining) and finished getting two covers so far. Hopefully it keeps up!

I gave myself a little under two hours. It gave me enough time to exhaust my team and get 430 points.

e: My last season ceiling was 300 points and one cover, this has been getting me into better brackets (my wife even was bracketed into one with 200 people but she started at 1 hour remaining) and finished getting two covers so far. Hopefully it keeps up!
I have tried joining late before and still ended up in a crappy bracket. It is pretty random.
What is your in game name?

Ape

Banned
I have tried joining late before and still ended up in a crappy bracket. It is pretty random.
What is your in game name?

Eh, it's the same as my Gamertag and I don't like to post it because I can get spam messages on Live. If you want message it to you. idk how important it is.

It isn't a big deal. I just like to look over people's rosters when they say they were able to reach a certain threshold to see if I should be able to match it. Lately I have been reaching close to 500 in PvP but still not getting in top 100. Blade is my only usable 3 star and at level 93.

Mknzy

I almost have the iso to finish maxing out my Cmags. Need about 15000 more should get it next event. Only need one more cover and i can max lazy Daken as well.

I also just noticed that i am no longer a junior member here! Yay!

Ape

Banned
maybe a little off topic but when did wolverine get his eye patch the second time? I can't find the issue it happens.

nm looks like it was for one issue, congrats on membership btw!

NineH

Yay! Gaf-Vengers hit 18 players played yesterday. We haven't hit that number in a while. One day we'll hit 20/20 players hopefully since every bit of iso counts.

Dalek

http://www.demiurgestudios.com/blog...e-cyclops-hes-finally-in-marvel-puzzle-quest/

PORT_CyclopsUncanny.png

Mknzy

I find it very interesting that they refrence it saying "This 3* (rare) version of Cyclops will be based around him using brute force) 4* version coming later? Or maybe a 2* version?

Dalek

Wow Cyke sounds like the perfect compliment for Wolverine:

His Red power is his most basic and beloved, Optic Blasts. Here Scott blows up a random row of tiles in a display of raw power while dealing direct damage to the targeted opponent. As the ability levels it deals more and more damage, where at max level it’s capable of taking a large chunk of health out of a lower hit point character like The Hood. Add in the cascades that the destroyed row causes and a Strike tile or two and it’s quite possible to one shot those support type characters.

With Cyclops’s Yellow power, we show off his leadership as a Mutant Revolutionary. In a bit of a flip from fellow teacher Storm’s Yellow, instead of providing Team Up AP, the eldest of the Summers children instead takes Team Up tiles on the board and converts them to Red tiles. This will naturally feed into either his own Optic Blasts or some of the other powerful Red based abilities like Wolverine’s Best There Is or Thor (Goddess)’s Smite.

Finally, we have his Black power, where Scott really takes the gloves—and potentially the visor—off. With a 13 AP charged Full Blast, Scott deals a huge amount of damage to the opponent in one shot. At max level, this is enough to down support characters in a blow. But more than that, if there are enough Red tiles on the board, Mr. Summers really lets loose, pulling off his visor and unleashing his full power. This deals even more damage but has the downside of stunning himself for a couple of turns. Leveling up the ability increases not only the overall damage but allows Scott to recover faster from unleashing the amazing power he holds.

Spoit

13 AP is too much for a "maybe taking out a support character" power, when, like you said, BP does 4k to everyone, or x-force pretty much wins the match

zulux21

well this gives some credibility to the stuff I was reading before :p
upcoming patch info

also looking around a bit rumor is cyclops should be coming soon (talks are Tron-Suit Cyclops)
an unknown character after cyclops
and then a 3 passive character (likely another xmen) should be coming sometime in the next month or two as well.

There also might be some sort of daily PVE coming, but that seems to be far less substantiated than the characters.

his yellow move sounds fun, his other two moves don't sound all that interesting though. the black one sounds useless, and the red one will depend on cost I mean the hood only has 5.1k hp at max level thus his red move at max level seems like it will only do around 3.5k (thus strike titles and lucky hits might get it to 5.1k) if the move is 8ap or less it could be decent, but if it's more than that there are plenty of other great red moves out there.

Blank!

well this gives some credibility to the stuff I was reading before :p

his yellow move sounds fun, his other two moves don't sound all that interesting though. the black one sounds useless, and the red one will depend on cost I mean the hood only has 5.1k hp at max level thus his red move at max level seems like it will only do around 3.5k (thus strike titles and lucky hits might get it to 5.1k) if the move is 8ap or less it could be decent, but if it's more than that there are plenty of other great red moves out there.

His red sounds like a suped up 1* hawkeye with good damage on it. I dunno, it could be neat.

zulux21

His red sounds like a suped up 1* hawkeye with good damage on it. I dunno, it could be neat.

again it's all about cost.
I mean you could make a move that does 50k damage to all enemies, and gives your team a full heal(real heal, aka your characters will be full life at the start of next battle), but if you needed 30 red and 30 black energy to use it it would be pretty useless.

shaowebb

Cyclops is a self feeding Red Battery with a lot of chances at damage? Sounds fun. Plus I can think of a loooooooot of teams where a decent red battery with attack power could play very well.

Dalek

Cyclops is a self feeding Red Battery with a lot of chances at damage? Sounds fun. Plus I can think of a loooooooot of teams where a decent red battery with attack power could play very well.

Imagine Cyclops, Wolverine and Original Black Widow.

Ape

Banned
Cyclops is my favorite character so I hope they do him justice. Really want to see his abilities and how they scale.

Blank!

I kind of wish the PvE essentials were more than just 1 character. I skipped on deadpool and he's probably the essential in the ISO-8 PvE. Going to make it hard to get a Cyclops cover for the NEXT PvE....

zulux21

so the pop up sounded like it would be, but reading in the forums it sounds like the final node of the event will get you a 3 star cover (likely cyclops but wasn't clearly stated that)

some talks of the 3 passive character that is coming in the next few characters
"- generates strike tiles
- converts tiles to a certain color
- 1 passive ideal for strike tiled playing"

it's also sounding like after cyclops there will be 3 other characters released by april 5th. one of them is likely to be a 4 star professor x whom may be the 3 passive character.

Mknzy

Yeah, Cyclops just seems to me like he is likely to be too expensive to really compete at the top level. From the sounds of things he wont be able to touch the black of Black Panther or XForce and his red is very mediocre. Based on the thought that Hood has about 5k hp at max level, and they talk about him almost one shotting him with his black, his black probally does about 4.5k to one target and his red about 3-3.5k. No way to know for sure until he is out and one of the coiners maxes him out that same day, but he just doesn't sound like he can compete in Red or Black. His yellow could be a good AP generator for other Red users but I don't know that he is worth a slot on a team just for that.

Dalek

I kind of screwed up in this PvE, and only did one round of the nodes last night before bed, and I slept too late to do a second go before they closed down. I doubt I'll be placing high enough to get a Cyclops now. Kind of sucks.

That being said-I got like 5 standard tokens as rewards, and I opened them up-and got my first Yellow Rocket/Groot! Kind of crazy that I keep getting cards for this one character when nearly all my other 3 stars are very barren....I'm keeping Rocket/Groot at level 102 though, even though I can level him to 142. He's 1/5/5 now.

That is the best strategy right? I shouldn't have one character be so much higher than my others as it will put me in a more difficult bracket?

Mknzy

Gonna get started on the PvE as soon as I get off work in about 20 minutes here. It's a shorter PvE which I appreciate.

I do like the shorter subevents, more tokens. In fact, one event token I got this morning got me a blue 4-star Thor, getting me to 1/0/1 for her. Nice start to the day.

Ape

Banned
Do the sub events not start the timer until you finish the gate node? I don't want to do both at the same time again.

Do the sub events not start the timer until you finish the gate node? I don't want to do both at the same time again.
Subevents should be together, and when you join them would only enter you in a bracket, but the time stays the same. So the ending time stays the same, it just depends when you join.

Bigfoot

I just pulled a 4* from the cover store with a 2* token I got from the Event. I've been selling most of my 3* pulls so I can focus on my 2* roster. I guess I better not sell a 4* though... time to open a spot on my roster.

I just pulled a 4* from the cover store with a 2* token I got from the Event. I've been selling most of my 3* pulls so I can focus on my 2* roster. I guess I better not sell a 4* though... time to open a spot on my roster.

Stop selling your *** characters now. Seriously.

Dalek

You're doing it wrong.

The thought of selling 3*s.....hurts man.

That being said I just got another Sentry card bringing him up to 102, with 5 yellows. That power just seems so pointless.

Dalek

How do the node refreshes for the Simulator work? If I've cleared all the "easy" ones and now only see nodes for levels 100+ do easy ones ever come back? I was hoping to score high in the simulator this season to get another Squirrel Girl.

I feel like you might have to lose some fights, but I'm not sure about that.

In other news, I got my second 4-star pull in the last two days, this time a red Star-Lord from the Mystique PvP token. Wowza. Now also 1/0/1 on him, just like 4-star Thor.

Spoit

Depends. Seed nodes never come back, but if you were just talking about random 2* players, a dozen or so losses should get you back down to 94s instead of 100-something transition rosters

Dalek

Depends. Seed nodes never come back, but if you were just talking about random 2* players, a dozen or so losses should get you back down to 94s instead of 100-something transition rosters

Damn that's a lot of lost points, though.

What luck. Got a Squirrel Girl yellow cover off a standard pull, moved into the top 50 for PvE (want two Cyclopseses), and I finally have my first maxed three star: Lazy Cap!

zulux21

Coming Soon: Deadpool's Daily Quest!

Miles from Demiurge here to shed some light on an upcoming new feature we’re especially excited about. Introducing Deadpool’s Daily Quest!

Q: What is it?
A: It’s a new story event that runs every day with rotating missions and prizes.

Q: Big deal, what’s so exciting about it?
A: It’s a new way to get 2-Star and 3-Star covers!

We've set up Deadpool’s Daily Quest to provide exciting rewards for players of every level. If you're a 1-Star or 2-Star player, it's a great place to buff up your roster of 2-Stars. And if you're making the transition from 2-Star to 3-Star, or even if you've just got 3-Stars that aren't maxed out, it's a great place to get 3-Star covers. And no matter who you are, it’s a great place to win some extra Iso-8.

Let's talk about how you get 3-Stars, though! There are lots of ways to earn one cover of a 3-Star easily (ok, RELATIVELY easily) but earning 12 more covers of that 3-Star is really hard! We designed this event to help players with that problem.

Every day there's a new string of missions that end in a long Survival mission. Finish that mission and you're guaranteed a 3-Star cover! To unlock it, you need to clear the first mission, which is an Essential Character mission pin. The 3-Star character required in that first mission is the same as the one you win by completing the Survival pin. This way players have a chance to earn more covers for the 3-Stars they already own, while still rewarding players who work hard to earn new 3-Star characters in other events.

We're hard at work on Deadpool’s Daily Quest, but it's coming really soon - maybe as soon as next week! Keep your eyes on the prize and look for the event with the taco logo!

gQQE1EI.png

AzzlYyf.png

Top Bottom