• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Ape

Banned
No, only covers for 3*s that you already have. You still have to earn that first 3* the old ways.

So if I have cyclops but don't have his black ability, it won't drop? Or any character color as long as you have the hero?

Also I'm assuming this means absolutely no four stars right

Last thing, does it matter if the character is vaulted?

zulux21

So if I have cyclops but don't have his black ability, it won't drop? Or any character color as long as you have the hero?

Also I'm assuming this means absolutely no four stars right

Last thing, does it matter if the character is vaulted?

I can answer these.

it will be like any other required node, as long as you have one cover from the character you can use them and earn the rewards.

in the case of the daily stuff, you will know going into the match not only what character will be needed but what cover you will get for a reward, thus if you have all the covers you need for that color you can just skip it.

yes, there is no plans for any 4 stars to be included at this time.

they are talking that vaulted characters can show up in the daily stuff, but i haven't read if that is a clear cut yes they can show up or if the rotations are just going to be so long that they are already set up to show up as dailies later.

also other details.
There's a new set of characters each week for the dailies. Each day, one of those 7 for the week is chosen to be that day's character. Next week, new characters chosen!

Note that the Taco Tokens also draw from that week's characters. So it's also possible to either buy or token your way towards the week's featured characters too.

Enemy level are preset, so players that are transitioning will be able to reach X relatively consistently, while others will be able to reach Y, and top end player will be able to hit Z.

The event is going to cycle globally at the same time, the current plan is to have this happen at 6AM EST (subject to change) But it really doesn't matter because it's not a competition. There's no leaderboards, no placement rewards, no alliance rewards, no replay times and no points draining. It's just for you to play, by yourself, at your own pace. If you complete the whole event each day, it almost doesn't matter when the refresh time is.

all nodes are one and done in the daily event

Triz

Had a great pull day. Two gold tokens from top 200 pve netted a 3 star mags and a deadpool. Then a standard token gave me a black gamora. Hadn't have a day like that yet.

Mknzy

Nothing sucks more than pulling a gold cover, getting excited about it, then it is a cover for a character you already have maxed out. *sigh*

Spoit

Nothing sucks more than pulling a gold cover, getting excited about it, then it is a cover for a character you already have maxed out. *sigh*

I've stopped opening tokens altogether because of it. Maybe when the next 4* that's x-force/thor level is added

zulux21

I don't even get excited anymore. it's always going to be a patch, hulk or punisher cover... i don't think you can get other 3 stars from tokens... I know I haven't in the last 3 months lol.

zulux21

heh, I just discovered there is a way to tell which enemy count down timer belongs to which enemy... I wonder how long that has been in the game and I just never noticed before :p

Ape

Banned
When is it recommended to go hard on the simulator? I'd rather not lose a bunch of points during the season.

zulux21

When is it recommended to go hard on the simulator? I'd rather not lose a bunch of points during the season.

when I was actually going for the 10 packs I would enter the simulator right away and do the easy matches to get to 100 points or so, and then when I got close to my 10 pack go hard into it, or on the last day.

typically by the time I went hard into it I had 200-300 points in it due to people losing to me.

Spoit

just start climbing whenever. You'll eventually reach an equilibrium point, where you can start your real climb the last day or two from.

Don't do what I do and blow it off and get to maybe 1500 because I was too lazy to start it until the triple hitter of the pvp and new character pves that always hit at the end of a season

Dalek

There's something wrong with the simulator. I keep winning and my points from the match take me over 1100 points. I don't get attacked-win my next match, and it shows me as having the same score as if I never won. Essentially, every victory nudges me over 1100 points every time.

thaOwner

What's up guys ? After a long break fr the game I've picked it up again and im currently ranked 14 overall in my bracket for the current tournament. Any gaf alliance recruiting ?

Mknzy

So with the daily quests coming up I am really looking forward to being able to play this at a bit more relaxed of a pace. It's already nice having the 8 hour refresh in PvE now, but on top of that now I only really have to mess with any PvE that offers a new character, as I can hope to get more covers for that character over time through the dailies when they show up. Really happy about the way it looks like it could pan out. Now I am just trying to decide which character I should level up next as far as my 3* characters go. I need a few too many covers to push for Deadpool, I have max covers for Hulk so maybe leveling him is the way to go next. I just maxed out C Mags, and I have a maxed out Black Panther, Punisher, Lazy Thor, Lazy Daken as high as I can get him with still needing one more cover, and a level 180 XForce that I wont max to try to keep my scaling under control. Any recomendations on who I should focus on next?

NineH

I can't believe I grinded the PvE for around 2 or 3 hours to ensure I get top 10. Thankfully I just squeezed a 9th place and managed to top both the sub events since I played it more than I care to admit. Cyclops isn't that awesome but yeah, I was close so I thought why not?

Mknzy

I'm likely only going to pull one Cyclops cover but as he looks like he is going to be kinda mediocre I am not too worried about it, at least I will have him for any essential nodes I have to hit, and that's all I need.

I'll be getting one cover, womp womp.

Finally maxed Moonstone, she was sitting unused for the longest time. Now have to max 2-star Torch and Mags, then all my 2-stars are maxed.

zulux21

Finally maxed Moonstone, she was sitting unused for the longest time. Now have to max 2-star Torch and Mags, then all my 2-stars are maxed.

I don't what is more depressing, that you maxed moonstone, or that you may have maxed bagman before moonstone :p

Mknzy

I would save your ISO, it isn't really worth maxing out all of the 2* characters. You really only need to max out the big ones (OBW, Wolveriene, Thor, MMags) and then use those to help you transition into leveling up 3* characters. Characters like Moonstone and Captain America (2*) you will never use unless you have no other choice.

Bigfoot

I would save your ISO, it isn't really worth maxing out all of the 2* characters. You really only need to max out the big ones (OBW, Wolveriene, Thor, MMags) and then use those to help you transition into leveling up 3* characters. Characters like Moonstone and Captain America (2*) you will never use unless you have no other choice.
I've actually found Cap pretty useful in event matches against goons. He can be useful so I keep him but I dumped my Moonstone and Bag Man early on.

Blank!

ditto. I have used cap way more than I ever used 2 star mags or wolverine after the nerf.

I don't find cap that useful. His abilities just cost too much for what they do. Goons are just to spammy with their shit for him to keep on top of it all. My 'go-to' 2 *star PvE group is some combination of:

Magneto
OBW and/or Storm

Magneto fuels OBW/Storm to either perma-stun or perma-buff the cooldown tiles. I'll also throw in 1-star Storm/Juggernaut for cheap board shakeup (1-star storm gets rid of tiles and teamups on 2 different abilities, if I had a covered 3-star she'd replace this).

I usually use a 3rd slot on a damage dealer (generally a featured character) or the required/under-covered 3-star essential. If Cap is buffed I'll throw him in on some of the smaller nodes, but I generally find his shit just way too slow.

Wolverine I use on the easier nodes as a ghetto Patch. If I can take a fight at 50% health, he's effectively never dying. Ditto with Dakan (who normally is on the enemy team so can't be used). As I build my 2-star roster and even a couple 3's, I've been phasing him out of PvE's.

Somehow managed top 50 in this PvE and also pulled a black x-force cover out of a regular heroic token from an alliance reward (my one and only... thanks for wasting the roster slot!).

I don't what is more depressing, that you maxed moonstone, or that you may have maxed bagman before moonstone :p

Lololol, I don't own Bagman.

I have 57 characters now, and that does not include Yelena, Bagman, Bullseye or 1-star Hawkeye. Otherwise I believe I have everyone. [Edit: 2-star Cap, too, because he's forgettable.]

I've actually found that some maxed two-stars are really useful, recently Ms Marvel. My go-to team for goon/minion/countdown fights is Patch/OBW/Ms Marvel. If I can't get rid of countdown tiles with OBW's blue, I can generally take a chance with Ms Marvel's yellow, and get a critical tile out of it, too.

And I have a ton of characters either at Lv 120-125 or just at Lv 100. Evenly leveling up the folks.

zulux21

Lololol, I don't own Bagman.

I have 57 characters now, and that does not include Yelena, Bagman, Bullseye or 1-star Hawkeye. Otherwise I believe I have everyone. [Edit: 2-star Cap, too, because he's forgettable.]

I've actually found that some maxed two-stars are really useful, recently Ms Marvel. My go-to team for goon/minion/countdown fights is Patch/OBW/Ms Marvel. If I can't get rid of countdown tiles with OBW's blue, I can generally take a chance with Ms Marvel's yellow, and get a critical tile out of it, too.

And I have a ton of characters either at Lv 120-125 or just at Lv 100. Evenly leveling up the folks.

oh I won't argue that some two stars are really useful (OBW still makes it into my team all the time) but moonstone is not one of them. The only thing she has going for her is she is a girl with a decent hp pool, beyond that pretty much any other 2 star not named bagman has better moves than her.

sad thing is it wouldn't even be that hard to fix her. Main problem is her randomness... gravity warp given it only swaps a single tile should be a choice not random... I mean as you get more covers it just gets worse because you lose all control over what it will do :/

komarkaze

I had 25 standard tokens that i redeemed just now. 4 of them ended up being gold covers! A yellow and blue Rocket and Groot, a black Deadpool and red CMag. Way better than my last stockpile of 70 standard covers a few days ago that yielded one green Punisher, which I already maxed out last year.

I had 25 standard tokens that i redeemed just now. 4 of them ended up being gold covers! A yellow and blue Rocket and Groot, a black Deadpool and red CMag. Way better than my last stockpile of 70 standard covers a few days ago that yielded one green Punisher, which I already maxed out last year.

I just redeemed 34 standard tokens and not one gold. At least someone is pulling golds this week!

Top Bottom