• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Mknzy

Finally got some luck last night and drew two gold covers I actually needed, got a Daredevil blue and a Sentry red. Nothing I am likely to use anytime soon but better than nothing. Enemy of the State should allow me to max cover my Hood which would be a good thing he is my next target to level I think.

Ape

Banned
Getting top 25 can be intense. Just finished the one with magneto and came in 24 lol didn't know it was that close until the last five mins.

Mknzy

Deadpool's Daily just went live, and the first character on offer is Black Panther.

Just my luck they start it off with a character I already have maxed *laughs* Great character for anyone who doesn't have him yet though, his black is IMHO the 2nd best move on black in the game.

Won a Taco Token and got Black Panther, but I don't have any space for him.

Also, the rest of the character rotation for this week is:
Luke Cage
Magneto
Rocket & Groot
Storm

Mknzy

Nice, I can use Luke Cage, Rocket and Groot and Storm.

BP is an amazing character man, I would make the space if you can, he is my go-to on a lot of missions. The strike tiles from Battleplan can really amp your damage, and his black is just devastating whenever you hit it.

Mknzy

Well then, goodbye 350HP, hello Blue BP, hopefully I can get that yellow from the Survival, and another Taco Token from the qualifier.

Good call. At level 166 with 5 covers, Rage of the Panther does 3708 damage to the entire enemy party for 12 black, but gives them 5AP in their strongest color, not that it matters. Battleplan at 5 covers for 9 yellow gives you 3 175 strike tiles, and if you have 12 or more team-up AP makes them strength 260 instead. I have his blue at 3 covers which costs 8ap, and gives you a stength 105 protect tile every 2 turns off of a countdown tile, max of 4 tiles. He is just a great, great character.

BTW I am so jealous of how cheap your slots are, I just bought one for Cyclops and it was 650 HP

Good call. At level 166 with 5 covers, Rage of the Panther does 3708 damage to the entire enemy party for 12 black, but gives them 5AP in their strongest color, not that it matters. Battleplan at 5 covers for 9 yellow gives you 3 175 strike tiles, and if you have 12 or more team-up AP makes them strength 260 instead. I have his blue at 3 covers which costs 8ap, and gives you a stength 105 protect tile every 2 turns off of a countdown tile, max of 4 tiles. He is just a great, great character.

BTW I am so jealous of how cheap your slots are, I just bought one for Cyclops and it was 650 HP

So what would be the optimal build for Panther? Hopefully I can get some other covers for him from tokens, because I probably won't be getting one from the Survival mission.

Mknzy

So what would be the optimal build for Panther? Hopefully I can get some other covers for him from tokens, because I probably won't be getting one from the Survival mission.

I keep mine at 5/3/5 as I prefer massive amounts of offense, which is what battleplan offers. I mean at 5 covers even without the 12 team up ap you are talking an extra 525 damage PER MATCH. If you get a cascade while those are active...well you can imagine the devistation. If you do have the 12 team up AP it is an extra 780 damage per match. At that point every match 3 is doing nearly 1k damage. Then throw in Rage of the Panther and yeah, it's game over. Crazy crazy stuff.

Wow, got a Classic Mags and the BP from Daily. Love the idea. It is exactly what the game needs.

Pissed that I need a team of 1-stars to get the 2000 ISO, thogh. That ain't happening.

I'd love more BP to get him up to speed with the rest of my heavy hitters. Only level 76 now.

Mknzy

Wow, got a Classic Mags and the BP from Daily. Love the idea. It is exactly what the game needs.

Pissed that I need a team of 1-stars to get the 2000 ISO, thogh. That ain't happening.

I'd love more BP to get him up to speed with the rest of my heavy hitters. Only level 76 now.

I kept a level 50 IM40 and a level 40 BWM and they cleared that mission for me with ease. Its not hard and kinda reminds me of my early days lol.

Bigfoot

Deadpool's Daily just went live, and the first character on offer is Black Panther.
I like that it forces you to use 1* and 2* characters on some missions. I don't have too many 3*s right now so I can only do half of it though.

Is it scaled or does everyone have the same difficulty? In the fight against Deadpool, he is level 74 for me. Is it the same for everyone else here!

komarkaze

Of all the BP covers, why does it have to be yellow? My black and blue is still sitting at one and two for almost a year now.

But kudos to these new daily missions.

Triz

I sold all my 1 stars long ago instead of buying slots. Epic backfire.

Edit: just checked 48 characters all two or three star. Damn this game, it's not like I've never gave them money lol.

zulux21

Wait do I not need to do the one and two stars?

i think you can just jump into it, but if you do everything you get an extra 2k iso...

I might need to buy another roster slot or two and get another 1 star that is not storm as I can't do the 1 star event right now and in the future I might care :p

i think you can just jump into it, but if you do everything you get an extra 2k iso...

I might need to buy another roster slot or two and get another 1 star that is not storm as I can't do the 1 star event right now and in the future I might care :p

Yeah.

I figure because this is so awesome and fun I'm going to level up three 1 stars and two more 2 stars to join OBW.

I figure:
Juggernaut
Iron Man
Storm

and

Ares
Classic Storm

?

zulux21

Yeah.

I figure because this is so awesome and fun I'm going to level up three 1 stars and two more 2 stars to join OBW.

I figure:
Juggernaut
Iron Man
Storm

and

Ares
Classic Storm

?

I am gonna go with iron man, storm and widow for my 1 star team
I have black widow, thor, and storm as my two star team.

Yep, this new thing is pretty great. Got quite a bit of iso, so that's also nice, even if I have a ton of covers for most of my 3 stars.

zulux21

Yep, this new thing is pretty great. Got quite a bit of iso, so that's also nice, even if I have a ton of covers for most of my 3 stars.

so I am wondering, what did everyone's cover match level wise look like
f78135556e.jpg

my entry was

so I am curious if that is how others looked or if this is linked to our online rankings and if doing daily stuff is going to screw with my pvp/pve bracket.

Mknzy

so I am wondering, what did everyone's cover match level wise look like

my entry was

so I am curious if that is how others looked or if this is linked to our online rankings and if doing daily stuff is going to screw with my pvp/pve bracket.

Mine was right around that range as well can't remember the exact numbers off the top of my head

Fudge. You can't just pick three. The enemies come from the character base so chances are you're picks to level will be locked off.

I'm going to have to level. Every. One.

My god.

zulux21

Actually I just breezed through the 2 star with just OBW maxed. I figure I can just max out one or two 1 stars and they can carry the stragglers.

I just used a patch team up tile and a boost.... I beat the level 15 1 star thing with ease with a level 12 iron man just using the patch team up to kill storm and then down the other enemies :p

RedFyn

So, what happened to only earning covers for people you already have in deadpools daily thing? Was that just misinformation? Or maybe it was just my reading comprehension failing me again.

So, what happened to only earning covers for people you already have in deadpools daily thing? Was that just misinformation? Or maybe it was just my reading comprehension failing me again.

You can't play specific rounds unless you have Panther. So if you don't have him, you can't get his cover as the reward. You can still play the one or two star character nodes this time though, and get some of the other prizes.

Hopefully this one/two star thing is only for today. The only thing I have below a three star is OBW.

zulux21

You can't play specific rounds unless you have Panther. So if you don't have him, you can't get his cover as the reward. You can still play the one or two star character nodes this time though, and get some of the other prizes.

Hopefully this one/two star thing is only for today. The only thing I have below a three star is OBW.

I doubt the daily stuff will be much different each day. Likely same layout, same basic prizes each day and just a different 3 star cover.

plus it would make the most sense to keep the 1 and 2 star required nodes to get people such as yourself to buy more slots to keep some more 1/2 stars around to do those nodes to get the extra iso.

RedFyn

You can't play specific rounds unless you have Panther. So if you don't have him, you can't get his cover as the reward. You can still play the one or two star character nodes this time though, and get some of the other prizes
Yeah, I get all that. Before the event started people were talking about it giving you covers that you needed so when I found out it was too good to be true and I was locked out I was disappointed.

I doubt the daily stuff will be much different each day. Likely same layout, same basic prizes each day and just a different 3 star cover.

plus it would make the most sense to keep the 1 and 2 star required nodes to get people such as yourself to buy more slots to keep some more 1/2 stars around to do those nodes to get the extra iso.
Agreed. I can't see them changing it.

Yeah, I get all that. Before the event started people were talking about it giving you covers that you needed so when I found out it was too good to be true and I was locked out I was disappointed.

Agreed. I can't see them changing it.

To be fair, it really does appear (if they keep the format as it was on day one) that they will be solving a legitimate complaint about the game: 3 star covers are incredibly tough to get for most people.

I'm a bit of a cynic after playing this game for (checking)....469 days, so I tend to think that while solving this problem they're introducing two new challenges:

1) They have to be primed to just start flooding the game with new four star characters. I hope that's not the case but it just seems like that's how D3 might operate. As it stands you have 7 (more than I thought!) characters in this category, a large percentage of them underpowered. My X-Force is great, and even though they're no good to me I appreciate that Fury & Lady Thor are solid characters. The pace that D3 added three star characters in 2014 has me worried they'll just start dumping out more ****s and we'll introduce yet another hurdle. It's tough enough going from ** to ***.

2) All of this could be driving players to an IAP model where ISO is more valuable than HP. Like many of you I'm generally sitting on a decent pile of ISO (usually 100-150k) for when I get the odd *** cover that I need....but as they become more readily available so too will my ISO supply dwindle. Introducing more covers is a great way to make increase the scarcity of ISO.

RedFyn

To be fair, it really does appear (if they keep the format as it was on day one) that they will be solving a legitimate complaint about the game: 3 star covers are incredibly tough to get for most people.

I don't mean to insinuate I'm unhappy with this. I like it and think it's definitely something thats been needed for a while. I was just disappointed that it wasn't what I thought it would be not with what it is.

I'm a bit of a cynic after playing this game for (checking)....469 days, so I tend to think that while solving this problem they're introducing two new challenges:

1) They have to be primed to just start flooding the game with new four star characters. I hope that's not the case but it just seems like that's how D3 might operate. As it stands you have 7 (more than I thought!) characters in this category, a large percentage of them underpowered. My X-Force is great, and even though they're no good to me I appreciate that Fury & Lady Thor are solid characters. The pace that D3 added three star characters in 2014 has me worried they'll just start dumping out more ****s and we'll introduce yet another hurdle. It's tough enough going from ** to ***.

2) All of this could be driving players to an IAP model where ISO is more valuable than HP. Like many of you I'm generally sitting on a decent pile of ISO (usually 100-150k) for when I get the odd *** cover that I need....but as they become more readily available so too will my ISO supply dwindle. Introducing more covers is a great way to make increase the scarcity of ISO.

I think they have to push out more 4* but the distribution model would need to change before most people even look at them. Introducing a 3* token making the 2* more common is one option. They could phase out the 1* tokens while keeping the option to buy it for iso. Or increase the chance of drawing higher stars. Just a few ideas that I came up with off the cuff.

As for iso that's interesting. I mean sure it decreasing everyone's supply but I don't see it reducing HP's significance. You still need HP to buy slots which people will need more of as they get more covers. The more characters released the more slots needed. As long as HP remains hard to obtain and necessary to buy packs and slots it'll remain more valuable than iso

Spoit

4*s are ridiculously easier to cover than 3*s. Even if you don't get the top 1 finish ones, you have one cover per character from the progressions every other week. And the 1k progressions are way easier to reach than the 1300 ever was, most of the time, don't even need a shield to do it. All you have to do is spend like an hour and a half pushing to 700 or so, where you park until your final climb around a shielding point (3 or 8 hours), since that's when the higher point targets unshield to get a few more points before re shielding, where you spend like 30-45 minutes getting the last few hundred points.

Top Bottom