• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

4*s are ridiculously easier to cover than 3*s. Even if you don't get the top 1 finish ones, you have one cover per character from the progressions every other week. And the 1k progressions are way easier to reach than the 1300 ever was, most of the time, don't even need a shield to do it. All you have to do is spend like an hour and a half pushing to 700 or so, where you park until your final climb around a shielding point (3 or 8 hours), since that's when the higher point targets unshield to get a few more points before re shielding, where you spend like 30-45 minutes getting the last few hundred points.

Can you explain this? I don't spend much time in PVE so have I been missing out?

Mknzy

So I am likely to be locked out of this next daily as I am pretty sure it is going to be Luke Cage and I didn't get him as I was burned out during his event. Oh well, I will get a token or two and maybe get lucky.

zulux21

I wonder what that will do to the game, if anything....

Edit: Oh no! Lazy Cap is locked out for the final battle today! Crap. His tile targeting abilities were huge in yesterday's event.

not much also... did they just reveal a new character in the dailies?

d1ce30f3cb.jpg

a3cfceb154.jpg

a8b0048d64.jpg

a4805a4ce1.jpg

edit: totally an active character and not a bot as I killed everyone else in the match first to check.

zulux21

I know there was speculation on him being a character, but is this the first time we've seen that actual cover (with Wolverine)?

yeah, as far as I know he was never confirmed to be a character, there was just rumors or more xmen characters... and all of a sudden he is in my daily event lol.

Mknzy

Mags...go figure, the first 2 days are two characters I already have maxed

Gorgon is an active pain in the ass character in Enemy of the State (meaning we will be dealing with him again soon) I am hoping they will eventually turn him into a collectible cover, but for now he isn't yet. Would be awesome if they did though, because he is NASTY. With his level of power I would almost have to think he would be a 4*

Gorgon is an active pain in the ass character in Enemy of the State (meaning we will be dealing with him again soon) I am hoping they will eventually turn him into a collectible cover, but for now he isn't yet. Would be awesome if they did though, because he is NASTY. With his level of power I would almost have to think he would be a 4*

Yeah - in his first event I didn't realize he was actually an active character and he demolished me. I think he's shown up once or twice since then and he's a force to be sure.

zulux21

I used to have mags maxed...
then I sold him :p
so this is at least a cover to get for me.

Dalek

I love the Daily Deadpool Challenge-but man, now I have even more to do in this game...

I think I've put more hours into this videogame than any other game in my life...

Mknzy

I never really had an issue with him. I would generally build up a ton of Lthor and Lcap power and just destroy him when he showed up.

Love the EotS event, but I missed Cyclops last time so I'm not even bothering this time around.

I finished first for the last EotS and i didn't have Electra for most of the event. Just hit all the other survival nodes and the easy nodes every refresh and you can still do well.

Malmorian

Loving this new Deadpool Daily.
Panther and Mags covers back to back is fucking sweet so far, needed both and added a sense of excitement back into the game.

I figure a lot more people will join my... only try in pve or pvp when it's a character you don't have any covers for :p

Pretty much.

It makes keeping up with the game so much easier, though. Instead of just hitting a small battle every day to keep in the alliance and get the daily reward, now you actually have something to do!

Mknzy

So I have to ask, are some people, like...not good at the survival nodes or something? I go through and get 1st pretty easy on this event doing nothing after the first pass but the 3 survival nodes and the one regular essential node every refresh. It doesn't take that long, and it isn't super challenging. Is this just odd or are people really struggling with these?

Ape

Banned
So I have to ask, are some people, like...not good at the survival nodes or something? I go through and get 1st pretty easy on this event doing nothing after the first pass but the 3 survival nodes and the one regular essential node every refresh. It doesn't take that long, and it isn't super challenging. Is this just odd or are people really struggling with these?

No, not really. Why do you ask? As long as you are using the right characters you should be fine.

Mknzy

No, not really. Why do you ask? As long as you are using the right characters you should be fine.

I ask because I usually don't rank this high, and with me not doing every node, just the survival and essential nodes, I am ranking top 1 and 2 in this event again, after doing the same last time despite not having the essential character for half of it. It just seems strange to me, so I was wondering if some people struggle with them.

NineH

Any opinions on Mohawk Storm? I'm thinking 5/3/5 since the yellow move sucks compared to Magneto's red which gets rid of all the team up tiles. Or is the cascade potential more important compared to the damage a 5 on black would do. I'm sure green should be maxed though so it's either 5/3/5 or 5/5/3.

Mknzy

I lean twords 5/4/4 myself, but honestly she isn't the greatest at the 3* tier. She is far too squishy when you have characters like Black Panther and Thor droping 4k damage bombs.

I'm so loving all these *** covers! I typically roll with some combination of:

LCap (166)
IM40 (166)
XForce (147)
Pun (140)
GSBW (127)
Sentry (127)

Thanks to the Deadpool event I have the following characters ready to level up a bit. Are any of them worth it? If not I'm fine to wait as I don't want to dump ISO into cover I won't use. Not sure if BP is any good with only 3 black covers.

Hulk 5/2/4 (potential: 140)
Invisible woman 2/3/3 (168)
(HA!)
Black Panther 4/2/3 (114)
Mohawk Storm 4/2/4 (127)
Psylock 2/3/3 (102)
Mags 5/1/2 (104)
Spidery 3/1/4 (104)

Mknzy

I'm so loving all these *** covers! I typically roll with some combination of:

LCap (166)
IM40 (166)
XForce (147)
Pun (140)
GSBW (127)
Sentry (127)

Thanks to the Deadpool event I have the following characters ready to level up a bit. Are any of them worth it? If not I'm fine to wait as I don't want to dump ISO into cover I won't use. Not sure if BP is any good with only 3 black covers.

Hulk 5/2/4 (potential: 140)
Invisible woman 2/3/3 (168)
(HA!)
Black Panther 4/2/3 (114)
Mohawk Storm 4/2/4 (127)
Psylock 2/3/3 (102)
Mags 5/1/2 (104)
Spidery 3/1/4 (104)

You are well on your way to a great BP build. I keep him at 5/3/5 and he is easily one of the best characters in the game. His black at 5 covers is devistating at 166, and his yellow gives you 3 strength 175 attack tiles or if you have 12 team up AP it gives you 3 strength 260. He is a powerhouse and you will get a lot of use out of him.

You are well on your way to a great BP build. I keep him at 5/3/5 and he is easily one of the best characters in the game. His black at 5 covers is devistating at 166, and his yellow gives you 3 strength 175 attack tiles or if you have 12 team up AP it gives you 3 strength 260. He is a powerhouse and you will get a lot of use out of him.

I appreciate the advice. Is it worth leveling him given my current max?

Top Bottom