• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Mknzy

Huh, you really like IM40 that much? Seems like his AP cost is way too much. Maybe at max he is better? Mine is around level 116 now.

IM40 can be really useful in some situations as an AP generator for other abilities depending on who you are pairing him up with, otherwise as you said for the most part he is overcosted.

Huh, you really like IM40 that much? Seems like his AP cost is way too much. Maybe at max he is better? Mine is around level 116 now.

He was the first *** where I got all of his covers so I maxed him out. I honestly don't use him very much as I much prefer Lazy Cap. His abilities are indeed super costly, but he's got good HP.

Spoit

IM40 is terrible his powers are way to expensive for fairly terrible damage. His only use is to feed red (and maybe blue, don't go beyond 2 yellow covers) to lazy cap

Mknzy

IM40 is terrible his powers are way to expensive for fairly terrible damage. His only use is to feed red (and maybe blue, don't go beyond 2 yellow covers) to lazy cap

I think he can work well as a generator for She Thor as well, running at 5/5/2

I get good use out him at 5/5/3. His blue was really useful in clearing out wave 4 of the Deadpool event the last two days.

He is expensive though, agreed.

shaowebb

I had quit, but these Deadpool dailies are worth playing for. They're quick and they provide a means to acquire 3 star covers relatively fast. This has been needed for awhile and it alleviates the grind and "second job" feeling a good bit. Not going to compete for every new cover that comes out though. I got too much in my life to hit this like I did last year what with my career, and personal projects...still its nice that this can go back to being just a past time again. Before it felt like I either had to go all in or not at all.

Dalek

I had quit, but these Deadpool dailies are worth playing for. They're quick and they provide a means to acquire 3 star covers relatively fast. This has been needed for awhile and it alleviates the grind and "second job" feeling a good bit. Not going to compete for every new cover that comes out though. I got too much in my life to hit this like I did last year what with my career, and personal projects...still its nice that this can go back to being just a past time again. Before it felt like I either had to go all in or not at all.

I definitely feel that way right now. I feel I'm spending so much time grinding to get that 10 pack every season-so many hours. When I could just spend the money to buy the 10 pack and have that time back in my life.

Blank!

Yeah, the deadpool event is kind of crazy/awesome. Play for a half an hour get more ISO/hero points and a 3-star for my time. Makes everything else seem silly...

Getting so much iso between the Deadpool stuff and this PvE. I think I was at 8000 iso at one point, fed 5 levels into Gamora (4/4/2, now Lv 105), and then went on to get 7000 more iso and feed 5 levels into 2-star Magneto (now Lv 79).

Also, they changed the cover for Deadpool. Wish they would revamp more characters, cover + art.

Dalek

I think I've found my dream team-Rocket/Groot+Falcon+2 star Daken (my 3 star is too weak right now)

This combo works well for those long Survival rounds. Falcon shields everyone, Daken deals damage and heals and Groot does a bit of both.

I think I've found my dream team-Rocket/Groot+Falcon+2 star Daken (my 3 star is too weak right now)

This combo works well for those long Survival rounds. Falcon shields everyone, Daken deals damage and heals and Groot does a bit of both.

I rock LThor-LCap-OBW. OBW heals and grabs AP, LCap hits with shield and it returns, and LThor hits with green to clean up. It's been going well for me so far.

Ape

Banned
I do cmag, obw and ares, magneto feeds blue to obw and basically have 20-30 blue ap at all times. the count down timers never go off. then ares is clean up with green or magnetos red. good flexibility.

Dispatch

For survival, I have Patch, Daredevil/Steve Rogers, and Falcon. Falcon has become essential for me both for protect tiles and for the elimination of enemy attack/protect tiles. I feel foolish for not using him earlier.

shaowebb

I've been running C.Mags/Patch/Falcon for the survival ones. Absolutely decimated the Gorgon one with it. Lots of passive conversion of enemy tiles placed by Patch thanks to Falcon and also thanks to a combination of Falcon/Mags I have a very large amount of shields. Patch/Magneto are there to do the damage. Falcon makes everything stronger. Plus if the tiles by patch get outta hand Magneto can reset the board pretty easily into better situations.

Generally, I stay pretty fueled, and buffed by tiles. Tend to have so many tiles on the board I can use Magneto cascades and still end up only taking 1 damage afterwards.

Blank!

2* OBW/Ares/Storm for me.

Pure match damage on first wave using green storm (if possible) to kill final enemy.

2nd wave, spam AoE using are's yellow to drop health if needed for red spam too.

repeat from top on 3rd wave and AoE on 4th. Onslaught is usually only used on final enemy.

Mknzy

For Survival I tear the hell out of them with OBW/LThor/BP. OBW is one of the best for taking care of all of those countdown tiles, then Thor and Panther bring the big bombs.

zulux21

i've been running patch, daken, loki for survial nodes... during the bot rounds I get enough AP to get off patch's green and loki's black, and then just murder everything else while taking almost no damage, and what damage I take I just line patch up in front of the attacks so he heals it back while he is just taking 1 from other attacks.

Mknzy

i've been running patch, daken, loki for survial nodes... during the bot rounds I get enough AP to get off patch's green and loki's black, and then just murder everything else while taking almost no damage, and what damage I take I just line patch up in front of the attacks so he heals it back while he is just taking 1 from other attacks.

That sounds like a good combo. Unfortunatly i don't have Lokis green yet and i still need one more cover for LDaken and a couple for Patch.

Triz

I ran into a pvp combo of blade 3 star darken and 3 star wolverine during the last pvp. All above 120. That team was absolutely brutal with all the passive damage buffs they put out.

Dispatch

I've been running C.Mags/Patch/Falcon for the survival ones. Absolutely decimated the Gorgon one with it. Lots of passive conversion of enemy tiles placed by Patch thanks to Falcon and also thanks to a combination of Falcon/Mags I have a very large amount of shields. Patch/Magneto are there to do the damage. Falcon makes everything stronger. Plus if the tiles by patch get outta hand Magneto can reset the board pretty easily into better situations.

Generally, I stay pretty fueled, and buffed by tiles. Tend to have so many tiles on the board I can use Magneto cascades and still end up only taking 1 damage afterwards.

I can see me doing this as soon as I get my C.Mags built up a bit more.

Also, I don't know if this will make them more money, but these Deadpool challenges have certainly brought me back to the game.

Ugh. I can't beat this challenge! I just don't thibkni have a strong enough team to survive all these rounds.

IM40 (166), GSBW (127) & X-Force (147). Is this a do-able team for you? I have finished the last two days virtually unscathed. I basically focused on keeping all colors at or near 30. I will use IM40's blue to start round two which pretty much kills the round, then go back to keeping colors up. Round 3 is great for reloading and the enemy team doesn't get a second turn in round 4.

Dalek

IM40 (166), GSBW (127) & X-Force (147). Is this a do-able team for you? I have finished the last two days virtually unscathed. I basically focused on keeping all colors at or near 30. I will use IM40's blue to start round two which pretty much kills the round, then go back to keeping colors up. Round 3 is great for reloading and the enemy team doesn't get a second turn in round 4.

Actually I just did it with a variation of the above! Astonishing Wolvie, OBW and my level 102 IronMan40. It was easy as pie - much better than I was doing. WOrked like a charm - thanks!!

Aw yeah, red Gamora cover from a standard pull. Now she's 4/5/2 at Lv 108 or so, that red attack with 5 covers now does 1200 damage from 5 red AP.

Bigfoot

I would really like to see some more 2*s of popular Marvel characters make it in to this game. A 2* version of Hulk and the Punisher would be great. We already have 4 Black Widows for some reason if you count the dark version.

zulux21

I would really like to see some more 2*s of popular Marvel characters make it in to this game. A 2* version of Hulk and the Punisher would be great. We already have 4 Black Widows for some reason if you count the dark version.

I am less opposed to more 2* with the daily quest stuff added as it is now easier to get 3* tokens, but I really don't see the point to waste resources on 2* characters that are quickly going to become just a short stopping point on the road to 3* and 4* playing. As by the end of the year I would not be remotely surprised if we had over 15 4* characters (I'm expecting one a month from here on out)

The future I see for this game is one that has shifted to mostly a 4* character release, and by the end of the year a few 5* characters will be introduced and 4* stuff will feel like 3* stuff did before the introduction of the daily stuff as everything will just be shifted down and events will give a 5 star for top rank, 4 star for top 100-150 or so ranks, 3* for how ever many ranks usually give a 2 star now, and in general the tokens given from events will be heroic level tokens as you will only be really expected to get 1* from the story mode, or by spending 500 iso per cover.

for the record I expect more 3 stars as well just a lot less frequently than we had been getting.

Man, today's is tough. Used +60% damage boost, +3 all app and a wolverine boost. Went into it with a max widow for healing and delays, maxed daken for auto healing and 142 level hulk to tank. Barely made it to the 4th wave and didn't even get a move in as they unleashed holy hell right from the get go. Guess a this one will escape me.

Missed yesterday's cause I didn't have a Luke cage. Pulled a Luke cage this morning from recruit token lol. Guess it felt bad for me. Maybe I'll get a rocket and groot from it tomorrow since I can't handle the challenger.

Blank!

Man, today's is tough. Used +60% damage boost, +3 all app and a wolverine boost. Went into it with a max widow for healing and delays, maxed daken for auto healing and 142 level hulk to tank. Barely made it to the 4th wave and didn't even get a move in as they unleashed holy hell right from the get go. Guess a this one will escape me.

Missed yesterday's cause I didn't have a Luke cage. Pulled a Luke cage this morning from recruit token lol. Guess it felt bad for me. Maybe I'll get a rocket and groot from it tomorrow since I can't handle the challenger.

finish the goon rounds with an ability/5-in-a-row so you get first move against the guys with powers.

Also, you need more killing power from the sounds of it.. preferably AoE. I've had a lot of luck with ares/storm/OBW.

Malmorian

Just pulled a Yellow Squirrel Girl, but no room on my roster atm. Thoughts? Is she worth buying a slot for? Can't believe I haven't been able to pull a Cyc all f*cking week

Dalek

Good grief you're not kidding-today is brutal. It's like they knew everyone needed a yellow Groot so the difficulty is ramped up.

Just pulled a Yellow Squirrel Girl, but no room on my roster atm. Thoughts? Is she worth buying a slot for? Can't believe I haven't been able to pull a Cyc all f*cking week

Yeah I'd buy a slot for her. Her powers are pretty great.

Malmorian

Ok cool thanks, have 49 slots and this will make an even 50. Wish I could toss a bunch of 2*'s but they come in so handy!

Yeah Y Groot was a nightmare in that 3rd round for me. Sentry just tore into me..barely made it through but now i've got a 3/2/2 Groot which is pretty sweet. Any good synergies with Groot? Honestly I never thought I'd get this many covers for him.

Bigfoot

Pretty much the same for me. This was the first Deadpool Daily where I had the required 3* so I went in not knowing what to expect. Made it to the fourth wave and got destroyed instantly. I didn't boost though but my best guys are only level 70 so I guess I'm not ready for the 3* reward yet.

Bigfoot

I am less opposed to more 2* with the daily quest stuff added as it is now easier to get 3* tokens, but I really don't see the point to waste resources on 2* characters that are quickly going to become just a short stopping point on the road to 3* and 4* playing. As by the end of the year I would not be remotely surprised if we had over 15 4* characters (I'm expecting one a month from here on out)

The future I see for this game is one that has shifted to mostly a 4* character release, and by the end of the year a few 5* characters will be introduced and 4* stuff will feel like 3* stuff did before the introduction of the daily stuff as everything will just be shifted down and events will give a 5 star for top rank, 4 star for top 100-150 or so ranks, 3* for how ever many ranks usually give a 2 star now, and in general the tokens given from events will be heroic level tokens as you will only be really expected to get 1* from the story mode, or by spending 500 iso per cover.

for the record I expect more 3 stars as well just a lot less frequently than we had been getting.

I'm still early on so I'm mostly playing with 2*s. PvE is balanced no matter your roster but I'd love to see a 1 and 2* only PvP mode added. It would give people that aren't interested in going through all the effort to build up a 3* roster still have something to do in Versus. If they did something like that, the more 2* characters would be more than welcome.

I go against most of the advice in this thread and have only kept 3*s for characters I like. I enjoy playing Events more than Versus so a well rounded 2* roster is more useful. I know I'm not alone as I look at the rosters of some top PvE players and they usually have 6+ 2*s at level 94. They also don't bring their 3*s above level 94 too.

Of course I don't expect MPQ to add more 2* characters as it probably isn't s good decision to bring in $$$.

zulux21

Ok cool thanks, have 49 slots and this will make an even 50. Wish I could toss a bunch of 2*'s but they come in so handy!

Yeah Y Groot was a nightmare in that 3rd round for me. Sentry just tore into me..barely made it through but now i've got a 3/2/2 Groot which is pretty sweet. Any good synergies with Groot? Honestly I never thought I'd get this many covers for him.

the last round was a mean combo... mostly because sentry just started off with a supernova which took out half of my teams health.... though that was only because I had a large cascade right before that as I was planning to go into the round via a move not a match so I could unload first... after taking the supernova I killed them all before they had another turn with 4 daken blue moves to spare.

I did learn that AOE stuff can be reduced to zero unlike other moves that can only be reduced to 1 though.

I'm still early on so I'm mostly playing with 2*s. PvE is balanced no matter your roster but I'd love to see a 1 and 2* only PvP mode added. It would give people that aren't interested in going through all the effort to build up a 3* roster still have something to do in Versus. If they did something like that, the more 2* characters would be more than welcome.

I go against most of the advice in this thread and have only kept 3*s for characters I like. I enjoy playing Events more than Versus so a well rounded 2* roster is more useful. I know I'm not alone as I look at the rosters of some top PvE players and they usually have 6+ 2*s at level 94. They also don't bring their 3*s above level 94 too.

Of course I don't expect MPQ to add more 2* characters as it probably isn't s good decision to bring in $$$.

how ever you play and have fun is the right way to play. The reason we in this thread talk about never throwing away 3 stars is when you reach the point where you want to go into 3 stars not having them is a big issue as they are randomly required for nodes thus make it harder to get high rankings if you want the higher rewards if you don't have them.

Blank!

Ares/storm/OBW continue to work for me. Using teamups to end goon rounds as to not 'waste' AP.

1st round tends to be trickiest. Ate a pistol shot to the face on black widow cause I matched the wrong way. I try to get Ares lowish so that yellow -> red will clear wave 2 for me. I try not to spend green at all first 2 rounds. Use blue to delay countdown tiles as needed, don't "waste" 4 in a rows so early as they have a good chance of destroying countdown tiles. End round with a damaging teamup (my teamup load out is 2 damage teamups and 1 'board shake' teamup).

2nd round, ares yellow -> red to clear. Had enough blue to stun too (stupid hulk).

3rd round I gather AP again and abuse 30+ green storm. It's a free AP round, I finished with a green storm power but otherwise, would of used other teamup.

4th round unleash the stuns from blue, ares yellow -> red again. Miscalculated my health so I didn't get the bonus damage from ares which I thought was going to be rough (enemy had 24+ black and a black panther) but I managed to perma stun him. Only ability comp used was a world rupture which wasn't bad at all.

My Ares isn't covered maxed 3/4/5 at level 86, 3/5/5 OBW at level 85, and a level 70 storm 4/5/4.

Dalek

Ares/storm/OBW continue to work for me. Using teamups to end goon rounds as to not 'waste' AP.

1st round tends to be trickiest. Ate a pistol shot to the face on black widow cause I matched the wrong way. I try to get Ares lowish so that yellow -> red will clear wave 2 for me. I try not to spend green at all first 2 rounds. Use blue to delay countdown tiles as needed, don't "waste" 4 in a rows so early as they have a good chance of destroying countdown tiles. End round with a damaging teamup (my teamup load out is 2 damage teamups and 1 'board shake' teamup).

2nd round, ares yellow -> red to clear. Had enough blue to stun too (stupid hulk).

3rd round I gather AP again and abuse 30+ green storm. It's a free AP round, I finished with a green storm power but otherwise, would of used other teamup.

4th round unleash the stuns from blue, ares yellow -> red again. Miscalculated my health so I didn't get the bonus damage from ares which I thought was going to be rough (enemy had 24+ black and a black panther) but I managed to perma stun him. Only ability comp used was a world rupture which wasn't bad at all.

My Ares isn't covered maxed 3/4/5 at level 86, 3/5/5 OBW at level 85, and a level 70 storm 4/5/4.

Which storm?

Dalek

Screw it. I give up. I have tried 3 times-and my entire team at full health gets wiped out every time at the start of Wave 4. Not cool.

Spoit

I tell you guys, use blade. stall on the goon waves until you get a few of his stealing tiles out and let them get to work draining the enemy AP to more resonable levels

Top Bottom