• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dispatch

My Blade isn't high enough to do that. I did win it with Groot, Falcon, and Steve Rogers, though it was just by the skin of my teeth.

Dalek

If anyone else is having problems-this strategy I found in ththe official forums helped out tremendously. No problem whatsoever:

Feat:
Today, I wanted to see if the Deadpool daily challenge was possible with only a 2* roster. (I know owning 3* would be necessary to unlock the last node.) I cleared every node unboosted, including the main survival node, with OBW, 2* Cap, and CStorm, with all having more than 60% health after the 5 nodes. (The essential node subbed in MoStorm.)

Tips:
-Save up AP on waves 1 and 3.
-As others have noted, finish nodes 1 and 3 with an ability or match 5, so the enemy heroes can’t move the board or use abilities when they jump in.
-Save up 30 green with CStorm. Rattling it off 3 times in a row generates over 60 AP.
-Manage the countdown tiles with OBW blue if needed at first, but eventually with Cap blasting each away.

komarkaze

My Rocket and Groot battle was the most dramatic I can remember. When the last wave came, they were high on AP and going to destroy me. I had to take out BP first bc he immediately used Rage and had plenty black left to do it again. I took him down and Thor stunned me like crazy. My Falcon and Punisher fell after barely taking down Thor. Rocket had only a little HP left and I desparately needed to match yellow to regen. Sentry used his green power but thankfully I had enough shields that it did more damage to him than me. Then I found my yellow match and it bumped my HP up 1200 points. I also threw all the blue strike tiles I could. Then Sentry went Supernova on me. It ended up killing him and I survived with about 500 HP left. Thank goodness I won that yellow cover the other day.

Malmorian

Just pulled my 1st red Luke Cage making him 2/1/2. I think this is the fastest i've unlocked all the abilities with a 3*.

Also it turns out that 1* Storm can solo that first Deadpool match since she's the only 1* I have. Hard fight to be honest

Yeah, I got two enemy abilities owning me as soon as Wave 4 hit. Took me 3 tries to beat it, but finally did. This was a rough one, but well-earned.

Dalek

Yeah, I got two enemy abilities owning me as soon as Wave 4 hit. Took me 3 tries to beat it, but finally did. This was a rough one, but well-earned.

The real trick is to make sure your finishing move that ends round 3 is a special move-so that it's still your turn when Round 4 starts.

zulux21

The real trick is to make sure your finishing move that ends round 3 is a special move-so that it's still your turn when Round 4 starts.

or just have like 18 strength 180 protect tiles on the board >.>
that stops the last wave from being very painful as well :p

I mean it's amusing watching sentry use his red move and his team takes more than you do :p

Mknzy

Things are looking good for me to pull a second #1 in a row in Enemy of the State. Hard to believe really as I am not particularly pushing hard. Really loving this new 8 hour refresh, makes the game so much more manageable.

Things are looking good for me to pull a second #1 in a row in Enemy of the State. Hard to believe really as I am not particularly pushing hard. Really loving this new 8 hour refresh, makes the game so much more manageable.
Are you in a full bracket?
I like 8 hour refreshes as well.

Mknzy

Are you in a full bracket?
I like 8 hour refreshes as well.

Yeah I am in a full bracket. I just keep hitting the essential nodes and the survival nodes earning a few thousand points each refresh, then about 30 minutes before the end I run through them once more and then hit the new ones about 30 minutes after it starts.

Dalek

One day 10 years from now some kid who is playing the game today will write a song with a chorus that goes"Yelenayelenayelena JUGS"

I was wondering last night what the future of this game is. Are all of us still going to be playing this game 5 years from now? If so, how will it be different, etc?

Mknzy

I was wondering last night what the future of this game is. Are all of us still going to be playing this game 5 years from now? If so, how will it be different, etc?

If the game is still going 5 years from now I presume we will be transitioning from 6* to 7* characters. Probally getting to 4* will be as simple as getting to 2* is now, with 5* a bit easier than 3* is starting to be, 6* being what 3* is now, and 7* being like the original 4* characters where you can only get them for placing 1st

Dispatch

I can't see me playing it for that long. Of course, I haven't stopped playing so far, and it's been over a year.

shaowebb

Gorgon/Xforce Wolverine/Deadpool has to be the most irritating anchor team I've ever faced in a gauntlet. The amount of potential damage designed into the current Deadpool daily is incredibly high. Even with Falcon/Magneto shields...just damn. First the hand ninjas fishing for the strength in numbers on the first section, then Luke Cage with a high health team armoring them up to create a long crawl segment with some AP buildup for the next 3 that use meteor hammer and heal...thats just one helluva setup for that final team.

Yeah...I don't need a storm that bad.

Blank!

Gorgon/Xforce Wolverine/Deadpool has to be the most irritating anchor team I've ever faced in a gauntlet. The amount of potential damage designed into the current Deadpool daily is incredibly high. Even with Falcon/Magneto shields...just damn. First the hand ninjas fishing for the strength in numbers on the first section, then Luke Cage with a high health team armoring them up to create a long crawl segment with some AP buildup for the next 3 that use meteor hammer and heal...thats just one helluva setup for that final team.

It's a spiderman cover isn't it?

Node was pretty hellish but if you can get past the first wave relatively intact, I found the rest of it easy.

First part is brutal because they'll hit a point where they're casting their red every single turn until you kill them. It's actually worth using abilities to kill the first 1 or 2. Try to drag out the 3rd as long as possible so he wastes the stockpile of red he may have built up for the 2nd round (and build up your own). Do your best to clear the attack-tiles ASAP, that damage builds up really fast. Having a lethal recon teamup and/or boardshake comes in handy.

2nd round, I had enough AP to storm blue, thor yellow twice, which let me green a bunch.

3rd round was just AP building again. These guys are much less threatening since they don't leave behind goodies. I managed to build up 30 green AP and whenever I couldn't make a match, storm would blow it away. Went into 4th round with 30 in red, yellow, 20+ green/blue which meant everything was stunned/dead walking in.

My 2 taco tokens: black deadpool/red she-hulk. I've also gotten 3 250 HP in my past few grabs.

zulux21

My 2 taco tokens: black deadpool/red she-hulk. I've also gotten 3 250 HP in my past few grabs.

all of my taco tokens have been 2 stars aside from the very last token which was 250Hp... tacos do not like me even though I eat them for like 20% of my meals in a year :/

Malmorian

Wow. Just ran the gauntlet for Y Spidey, running XWolverine, DD and OBW and DD got wrecked against the last enemy in wave 3..so I started the last fight with only XW and OBW and had the fight of my life.

Anyone know if the covers they drop will be yellows all the time? Last five covers were all yellow for me at least

mrbagdt

Just because it was so bizarre...

cdTLMIR

Bigfoot

I pulled a 4* Starlord today. I didn't want to make room on my roster though so I sold him. I already have 2 single cover 4*s that barely get used so I didn't want another. I did manage to pull 3 3* covers over the weekend. I only have 6 3*s on my roster and luckily 2 of them were for characters I already had. The third was a Punisher and I'm a fan so I made room for him.

Crazy thing is I've got more covers for Squirrel Girl and Rocket now than I do for Ares. I never seem to pull his covers.

Dalek

I pulled a 4* Starlord today. I didn't want to make room on my roster though so I sold him. I already have 2 single cover 4*s that barely get used so I didn't want another. I did manage to pull 3 3* covers over the weekend. I only have 6 3*s on my roster and luckily 2 of them were for characters I already had. The third was a Punisher and I'm a fan so I made room for him.

Crazy thing is I've got more covers for Squirrel Girl and Rocket now than I do for Ares. I never seem to pull his covers.

You don't know what I'd do for a Star Lord cover. The only two covers I don't have are Star lord and Electra.

My Cyclops PvP token definitely was just another yellow Groot, my third. They're now 3/5/3, and so good.

It's weird saying "another yellow Groot," too, like it's getting old now.

That's where LCAP and The Hood Shine. Stealing random tiles is helpful enough, but by the end I'm throwing multiple shields to damage/stun, and using intimidate to get them back fast. Only to repeat the process again.

And when push comes to shove, hoods yellow will finish most people off. Never had a problem in these survival matches because of this team.

Oh man....I could never sell a ****.

I am still missing Electra, Star Lord, Lady Thor and Cyclops.

I've sold three ****s since I started, because I didn't even have a maxed out * when I got them and I needed ISO and roster slots more than I needed them. I sold a Devil Dinosaur, an Invisible Woman and a Nick Fury, and since then I've gotten every other ****, sans Star Lord, from recruit tokens at least once.

Mknzy

Oh man....I could never sell a ****.

I am still missing Electra, Star Lord, Lady Thor and Cyclops.

Cyclops is a 3* not a 4*

As far as 4*s go I am missing Starlord and She Thor. I only have one Nick Fury cover and two Electra covers, but my XForce is almost maxed out on covers, though I wont level him higher than the 180 he is at now.

Cyclops is a 3* not a 4*

As far as 4*s go I am missing Starlord and She Thor. I only have one Nick Fury cover and two Electra covers, but my XForce is almost maxed out on covers, though I wont level him higher than the 180 he is at now.

I know, I was just listing the covers I don't have. Three **** and one *** character.

So is 180 the magic number to keep from facing waves of 266 players?

Malmorian

Damn son, that was the easiest Daily to date. XWolv LThor and LCap tore everyone to pieces with almost no damage. I'm impressed and incredibly lucky. Crazy how the cascades actually went in my favor.

Top Bottom