• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Looks like Iron Fist is the new character, will be the prize in the new run of PvE

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24256

he looks really strong.
always having a high strike tile to add 400+ to all damage check
have a move that can do massive damage for 5ap check.
have the ability to generate AP to team with someone else like black panther who will enjoy your strike tiles check. (since panther really could use more trike tiles for his black move and a way to get the move off faster :p)

im thinking 5/5/3 with iron fist as placing more and larger strike tiles is better than a passive that is unlikely to trigger after the first round or two.

he looks really strong.
always having a high strike tile to add 400+ to all damage check
have a move that can do massive damage for 5ap check.
have the ability to generate AP to team with someone else like black panther who will enjoy your strike tiles check. (since panther really could use more trike tiles for his black move and a way to get the move off faster :p)

im thinking 5/5/3 with iron fist as placing more and larger strike tiles is better than a passive that is unlikely to trigger after the first round or two.

Agreed, either Panther or X-Force would be good matches for that black generation. And 5/5/3 is a pretty solid build, and probably how I'll go, too.

shaowebb

Iron Fist? MANLY PICTURE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!

eA8prWj.jpg

He sounds fun too! Like Luke Cage who passively puts a defense tile down if one doesn't exist Iron Fist puts an attack tile down as his passive! Plus he looks cheeeeeeeeeap to use his abilities and can be used as a black battery which means he will definitely be going well with my Black Panther. Final ability does damage and places strike tiles with bonuses if you have 12 or more black AP. Hell if he uses the cheap ass 5 purple AP cost skill and has 12 or more black AP it can do around 4k damage! Sooooooo using him. I can farm black and up his tile placement and get big damage cheap or I can use him to fuel Rage of the Panther and place tiles.

Soooooooooooo goin all in on him. Hope his art is better than Luke Cage's.

Can we really call shit on D3 after Taco Everydays? They're perfect and fix everything wrong with the game.

I'm not going to disagree with this. I've pulled six or seven *** covers from the tacos. Love 'em.

Today is the first time I lost the final match. I'm annoyed about that, but plenty of time to try again.

Mknzy

I'm not going to disagree with this. I've pulled six or seven *** covers from the tacos. Love 'em.

Today is the first time I lost the final match. I'm annoyed about that, but plenty of time to try again.

You are a lucky bastard. I haven't pulled a single 3* out of the tacos, I have gotten the 250 hero point reward once.

Mknzy

So I was reading over Iron Fist, here is the breakdown. I am thinking a 4/4/5 build for him

Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) :ironfist:
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki Link.
At Max Level: HP: 7650 Tile Damage: 12/13/11/70/79/61/4.5x

Shou-Lao Fang Strike - 8 :green: AP
Imbued with the power of Shou-Lao the Undying, Iron Fist quickly dismantles their opponents. Deals 115 damage and creates 2 strength 22 Red Strike tiles. If the team has 12 or more Black AP, creates an additional 2 Strike tiles.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Creates strength 28 Strike tiles.
Level 3: Deals 208 damage.
Level 4: Creates 3 Strike tiles, plus an extra 3 Strike tiles if the team has 12 or more Black AP.
Level 5: Deals 292 damage and creates strength 39 Strike tiles.
Max Level
Level 3 - 660 damage, creates 2 strength 88 Strike tiles with 2 bonus if 12 or more Black AP
Level 4 - 660 damage, creates 3 strength 88 Strike tiles with 3 bonus if 12 or more Black AP
Level 5 - 926 damage, creates 3 strength 123 Strike tiles with 3 bonus if 12 or more Black AP

Iron Fist of K'un-Lun - 5 :purple: AP
Daniel Rand focuses his chi to make his fist like a thing unto iron and strikes. If the team has less than 12 Black AP, converts 5 basic tiles to Black. If the team has 12 or more Black AP, deals 498 damage instead.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Deals 598 damage if the team has 12 or more Black AP,.
Level 3: Either converts 6 basic tiles to Black or deals 697 damage.
Level 4: Either converts 7 basic tiles to Black or deals 896 damage.
Level 5: Either converts 9 basic tiles to Black or deals 1295 damage.
Max Level
Level 3 - Converts 6 tiles to Black or deals 2215 damage.
Level 4 - Converts 7 tiles to Black or deals 2848 damage.
Level 5 - Converts 9 tiles to Black or deals 4113 damage.

Exquisite Technique - Passive :black:
(PASSIVE) The Immortal Iron Fist has the best Kung-fu. So bring it. At the beginning of every turn, if there are no friendly Attack tiles, create a strength 60 Green Attack tile.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Creates a strength 71 Green Attack tile.
Level 3: Creates a strength 82 Green Attack tile.
Level 4: Creates a strength 104 Green Attack tile.
Level 5: Creates a strength 153 Green Attack tile.
Max Level
Level 3 - Strength 260 Green Attack tile.
Level 4 - Strength 330 Green Attack tile.
Level 5 - Strength 486 Green Attack tile.

shaowebb

I've said before I'd go in hard on Iron Fist and I am. Had no idea they'd be making him this good though...cheap, uses good colors for my teams, works well with others and high damage. Very excited on this. Also since the Prodigal Son event is one I'm honestly fond of since I went in about as hard for Sentry (nostalgia goggles I know its a shit event for how long it is.) I'm happy.

Currently in first in my bracket. Lots of points. Hoping to get all his covers if job allows.

Mknzy

I've said before I'd go in hard on Iron Fist and I am. Had no idea they'd be making him this good though...cheap, uses good colors for my teams, works well with others and high damage. Very excited on this. Also since the Prodigal Son event is one I'm honestly fond of since I went in about as hard for Sentry (nostalgia goggles I know its a shit event for how long it is.) I'm happy.

Currently in first in my bracket. Lots of points. Hoping to get all his covers if job allows.

I am going to try for at least 2, don't know if I want to spend the time that getting 3 would take.

zulux21

So I was reading over Iron Fist, here is the breakdown. I am thinking a 4/4/5 build for him

as I said I am leaning towards 5/5/3 but that also assumes I will main him in some way. if he is just going to be an extra character that I use to do daily stuff I might go x/x/5 where x = what ever covers I get for him :p

this is all just random thoughts though as it's unlikely I will have any choice in what he is for a long time, because even if I do get a high enough finish to get all 3 covers this time and in the pvp that is still only 2/2/2 and I don't have enough HP to force him up to anything nor do I care enough to spend money to do it.

I am going to try for at least 2, don't know if I want to spend the time that getting 3 would take.

my plan is to wait until 24 hours before the second to last time slot is going to finish before I join and hoping to get in a good bracket that hasn't been going forever and have a huge lead over me.

RedFyn

These guys putting up 5-7k points in the first couple of hours are doing it wrong right? Doing every node once nets 2690 points. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

And these nodes do seem tough however I'm not taking much damage. It seems tougher than it has actually been.

Mknzy

as I said I am leaning towards 5/5/3 but that also assumes I will main him in some way. if he is just going to be an extra character that I use to do daily stuff I might go x/x/5 where x = what ever covers I get for him :p

this is all just random thoughts though as it's unlikely I will have any choice in what he is for a long time, because even if I do get a high enough finish to get all 3 covers this time and in the pvp that is still only 2/2/2 and I don't have enough HP to force him up to anything nor do I care enough to spend money to do it.

my plan is to wait until 24 hours before the second to last time slot is going to finish before I join and hoping to get in a good bracket that hasn't been going forever and have a huge lead over me.

I don't know having a strike tile hitting for about 500 almost every turn is pretty insane. Pair him up with Black Panther and it gets amplified by Battleplan plus he generates black for Rage of the Panther. Ouch.

These guys putting up 5-7k points in the first couple of hours are doing it wrong right? Doing every node once nets 2690 points. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

And these nodes do seem tough however I'm not taking much damage. It seems tougher than it has actually been.
Yes, if you joined at the very beginning.

Spoit

You can always merc for a top 100 pve alliance to get the alliance cover too,, and the pve progressions are usually fairly trivial (like, just playing half the subs casually trivial) even if you can't hit the pvp progression

Has anyone pulled a gold from the deadpool daily? Best I got was a silver but it was 250 hero points which was awesome.

Yeah, I think I've got two so far. Its great to hear they're dropping HP though. That stuff is hard to get enough of later on. Had to sell a Mystique cover because there was no way I was getting 400 HP in three days.

Dalek

Can someone explain the PVE leveling for me? In the last event, the nodes were fairly even and doable for me. Now the "Normal" nodes are all Maggia guys levels 103 and 104 and I have a hell of a time beating them before they wipe me all out. What am I doing wrong?

Spoit

Can someone explain the PVE leveling for me? In the last event, the nodes were fairly even and doable for me. Now the "Normal" nodes are all Maggia guys levels 103 and 104 and I have a hell of a time beating them before they wipe me all out. What am I doing wrong?

Maggia are the toughest kind of goons. And goon only nodes drive up the comunity scaling like woah

zulux21

I don't know having a strike tile hitting for about 500 almost every turn is pretty insane. Pair him up with Black Panther and it gets amplified by Battleplan plus he generates black for Rage of the Panther. Ouch.
Starting off with a 500 strike tile is indeed nice, but unless it's an easy battle the green move giving more strike tiles and the purple move doing more damage/converting more black seems like the much better way to go. I mean a single use of the green with 12 black at 5 covers makes up the difference between 3 and 5 covers of the passive tile and that is just going from 4 to 5 for the green... that's not the big one for me though 5 purple feels like a must for me
"Level 3 - Converts 6 tiles to Black or deals 2215 damage.
Level 5 - Converts 9 tiles to Black or deals 4113 damage."

that is a huge difference between 4 and 5 for both damage and for use as a battery. I mean those 2 extra tiles increase the odds you get a 4 or 5 match from the black being placed to get you even more ap. and 4k damage for 5ap is really really solid in the current game.

I mean don't get me wrong the 500 strike tile is nice, but with how many people place strike tiles and his green move it's likely that after the first couple turns the passive strike tile won't ever activate again, thus having a free 260 one seems good enough when you could instead use his really solid other moves. To be fair all of his moves are solid though.
You can always merc for a top 100 pve alliance to get the alliance cover too,, and the pve progressions are usually fairly trivial (like, just playing half the subs casually trivial) even if you can't hit the pvp progression

If I wasn't sick and constantly busy I would think about that, I mean it's not like my roster is so bad off that I couldn't seriously compete (I mean as long as I am paying attention typically the only damage I have from the daily 3 star cover thing is what ever daken does to himself from having no blue) at the same time, I am working so many extra h ours, if I really wanted to max him it would likely be better if I just spent some money instead of pouring a bunch of time into the game.

maybe I will start getting luckier with tacos and get more hp. and at least I can use the next couple 3 star covers instead of the spidy and daredevil ones both of which made me sad they were the first cover

I really wanted blue for spidy and red for daredevil (since his red is actually a decent move now :p)

Spoit

I guess I don't understand what this means, sorry-can you explain?

Pve scaling is effected by how well you do, 90% of which is how much damage you take. This raises both your personal scaling, and at a macro level, community scaling (which over the thousands of people playing is actually a much stronger factor than personal scaling). A lot of people clear those nodes without taking damage, the levels go up, quickly, a lot of people wipe on a node? It might go down (though usually not by much).

Goon nodes, most people don't take any damage, because they bring people like cap or OBW to control the countdowns before they do damage (or retreat when a mega boosted tommy gun will wipe them, and retreating doesn't effect scaling either way)

Mknzy

Starting off with a 500 strike tile is indeed nice, but unless it's an easy battle the green move giving more strike tiles and the purple move doing more damage/converting more black seems like the much better way to go. I mean a single use of the green with 12 black at 5 covers makes up the difference between 3 and 5 covers of the passive tile and that is just going from 4 to 5 for the green... that's not the big one for me though 5 purple feels like a must for me
"Level 3 - Converts 6 tiles to Black or deals 2215 damage.
Level 5 - Converts 9 tiles to Black or deals 4113 damage."

that is a huge difference between 4 and 5 for both damage and for use as a battery. I mean those 2 extra tiles increase the odds you get a 4 or 5 match from the black being placed to get you even more ap. and 4k damage for 5ap is really really solid in the current game.

I mean don't get me wrong the 500 strike tile is nice, but with how many people place strike tiles and his green move it's likely that after the first couple turns the passive strike tile won't ever activate again, thus having a free 260 one seems good enough when you could instead use his really solid other moves. To be fair all of his moves are solid though.

I slightly misspoke it's an attack tile not a stroke tile. I think I am going to watch the discussion of some of the top players on the official forum but this is the best character they have released in a while. He actually feels like a top tier character which we haven't seen a new one sense lady thor

zulux21

I slightly misspoke it's an attack tile not a stroke tile. I think I am going to watch the discussion of some of the top players on the official forum but this is the best character they have released in a while. He actually feels like a top tier character which we haven't seen a new one sense lady thor

it totally is an attack tile and not strike tile, hmmm I suppose it would depend on who I would run with him. I am tempted towards him panther and daken, and then using the green from daken matches to use iron fists green for more strike tiles, which means more green covers would still be good. If I decided to go patch and loki instead though, patch's green is better and could go 5 passive.

Bigfoot

I finally beat the Deadpool 3* challenge! This was my third time with a chance for a 3* cover as I don't have a lot on my roster. I failed on Daredevil and Groot :(

I managed to do it with 3 level 70 2*s. Used OBW, Thor, and Cap. The first wave was the toughest but managed to get enough blue to use Caps stun and eliminate countdowns. Once I had one goon left, I just built up AP and went from there.

Feels good!

I finally beat the Deadpool 3* challenge! This was my third time with a chance for a 3* cover as I don't have a lot on my roster. I failed on Daredevil and Groot :(

I managed to do it with 3 level 70 2*s. Used OBW, Thor, and Cap. The first wave was the toughest but managed to get enough blue to use Caps stun and eliminate countdowns. Once I had one goon left, I just built up AP and went from there.

Feels good!
Congrats!

Bigfoot

Congrats!
Thanks. I've got to say the Cap is the key. He kind of sucks at normal matches since his power costs are so high, but he is great in survival if you can manage to build up his blue quickly and then fire off his yellow shields before getting to the second wave.

Feels good!

Well done! Glad you were able to get another *** cover out of it, and if you did the other events you probably netted another 3,000+ ISO points out of it.

Your comment about building up AP is a really important one. I think any number of teams can be successful using very careful play and strategic usage of abilities.

I tried today's mission with a different crew than I normally roll with and focused only on building AP. I finished round four with virtually no damage:

xTqCMRN.jpg

Top Bottom