• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Stuns and AP steal abilities are key to survival nodes.

I do just fine without either :p

anyways my god of lies bracket after 30 minutes... I bet it won't be so pretty in the morning
2fdb829f6c.jpg

shaowebb

4th in the whole event. Doable to raise my rank...gotta admit though that the grind is real on this one. Currently in first on this section of it with a 4th overall rank. Hoping to get all the colors on Ironfist here. Have to say though...this is why I stopped playing. This event feels like a job right now.

B0RkiKX.jpg

But for Ironfist we already know how far I'll go. As far as it takes...
Stuns and AP steal abilities are key to survival nodes.

I slaughtered the current one with Patch, Daken, Hulk. Its a high risk team but I generally drop key players fast enough that risk was eliminated early. I just had to be smart about when to use Berzerker Rage or Best There is. If you do it early your fucked. Wait till your target is about halfway done then drop it. The rest fall fast within the next few turns. Patch Daken heal up all their losses and Hulk priority nets you massive cascades and fuel that both kill and setup your next attack. Plus Daken's Blue move does respectable damage/battery utility as well.

Generally just outbullshitted the computer. Gonna try it on Gorgon next time.

zulux21

The only usable 3 star I have is Blade and he isn't even half covered. Being limited to a 2 star roster means I have fewer options.

you know what we haven't done for a while. Posted our rosters :p
so I am gonna post mine for the heck of it (note if anyone is in the gaf vengers and wants team ups from me that aren't patch/daken/loki I am always happy to send as I am using those 3 to get my daily covers)

I bet you are all jealous of my level 2 juggernaut MWA HA HA :p

but yeah being limited to 2 stars is a pain, but at the same time the brackets for MPQ are pretty decently done until after you hit the 3 star wall.

zulux21

hints for upcoming characters

female shape-shifter -
can be invisible -
spiderman related villain -
sharpshooter -
Letter I

one of them is a character that will have 2 passives, and 1 active passive (I assume that means something like dr dooms new move)
and at least one of them should be another x-man (which can include females, not sure if the female xmen have a different term for singular).

I'm kind of expecting Domino as the sharpshooter since she is in my Marvel Legendary card game.

Mknzy

I guess I am not likely to get myself an Iron Fist. My mob nodes were up to 290, and while I can handle it, I just was not in the mood to fight level 290 Maggia Muscles. Not in the mood at all. Fell asleep early, missed the final refresh for the first part and the first refresh for the 2nd. Probally enough to put me out of the running. I will just try my luck on a ten pack when his PVP hits.

Malmorian

Dammit! 10-pack only gave me 1 3* and it was Loki...Christ, if it wasn't for the daily reward I wouldn't get sh*t. Even the bloody tacos are giving me nothing but 2*'s since it started. So the question is, who's hoarding all dat good luck?

Ape

Banned
If I save my 10 pack and open it next month will I get next seasons characters or does it only give me the current season. This is the reward 10 pack.

Dalek

If I save my 10 pack and open it next month will I get next seasons characters or does it only give me the current season. This is the reward 10 pack.

It is tied to the season you earn it in. Doesn't matter anyways-expect 9 Ares and if you're lucky one gold.

>_>

Ape

Banned
It is tied to the season you earn it in. Doesn't matter anyways-expect 9 Area and if you're lucky one gold.

>_>

lol I just wanted to save it for Cyclops and Iron Fist, but whatever. The last 10 pack gave me four gold, so hopefully this gets me similar results.

My ten pack gave me a black Gamora and a Red Punisher. The rest were all 2 stars. Fared better last season.

This will be the first season that I don't earn a ten pack. The Deadpool Daily has made up for it, and after last season's "zero *** in my ten pack" experience I am ok with the break.

I was on airplanes for most of the past two days, which screwed up my top 10 chances in the PVE. Currently #49 - I wonder if I can make it back up by going HAM on this thing?

Now you guys have me contemplating not even bothering with the 10-pack. I need 900 more points.

Who am I kidding? Of course I'll do it -_-

zulux21

man this week is gonna suck for 3 star covers :/
wish it was a random cover so that I had a chance of something useful but my daken, loki and doc doom all have max top covers (and need other covers) :/

maybe tacos will be kind to me.

Dalek

man this week is gonna suck for 3 star covers :/
wish it was a random cover so that I had a chance of something useful but my daken, loki and doc doom all have max top covers (and need other covers) :/

maybe tacos will be kind to me.
How do you know the schedule?

zulux21

How do you know the schedule?

every 5 days the taco tokens change.
they will show you the characters that you will get over the next 5 days.
they aren't in a set order but the next 4 days will be the top cover of daken, doom, loki, and squirrel girl in some random order. with today being the top cover for black widow (which was useful for me but not a character I really use)

zulux21

Guh...not fun. Still playing, but not fun. Forgot what it was like to grind this game. When's this over?

depends what time slot you chose, if you chose the top one you have like 2 days left, the bottom one is more like 3 days.

I'm planning on entering monday night and try my best for a few hours.

every 5 days the taco tokens change.
they will show you the characters that you will get over the next 5 days.
they aren't in a set order but the next 4 days will be the top cover of daken, doom, loki, and squirrel girl in some random order. with today being the top cover for black widow (which was useful for me but not a character I really use)

Science!!

Got Luke Cage this morning from a Prodigal token. Yayusssss!!!

shaowebb

Science!!

Got Luke Cage this morning from a Prodigal token. Yayusssss!!!

Good token to have. Right now I'm not certain what priority cards I have that I'd like to get. Blade is one I guess. Cyclops is another that'd be good to have more of. Just not certain what sort of teams i'd like to use now that leveling everyone up is getting close to completion. Whatever I do from here has to prep me for around lvl 200 brackets and thats a game changer. Wish I had Loki fully built for Mischief. I dig that tool and would like to test it with various folks. I think I'd like to try him with Luke Cage's nigh constant shielding.

Dalek

I've been playing this all freaking morning between the Deadpool challenge, the final leg of the PVE event and the new PVP event. :/

Yeah that was me most of the weekend. Put nose to the grindstone and got myself down from 120th to 29th currently. Unless something catastrophic happens, I should get two covers.

mreddie

Was playing to get Iron Fist but gave up halfway though the event. I haven't really touched the game since. Need a good motivator. Kamala, Taskmaster, X23, Antman, Janet or Wanda might convince me otherwise.

Blank!

I haven't really bothered with PVP after I got my 10 pack. BTW got a green groot and 4 star yellow thor so wooot.

There's a good chance I'll get 1 or 2 in this pve though. Even if I give up I can at least pull top 10... but that nick fury cover yo!

Edit. Forgot to mention last 3 dead pools didn't have the 3 star which kind of sucked.

I haven't really bothered with PVP after I got my 10 pack. BTW got a green groot and 4 star yellow thor so wooot.

There's a good chance I'll get 1 or 2 in this pve though. Even if I give up I can at least pull top 10... but that nick fury cover yo!

Edit. Forgot to mention last 3 dead pools didn't have the 3 star which kind of sucked.
I don't usually play much PvP after getting the 10 pack either unless I just want a few extra tokens or HP.

So tomorrow in getting my first female Thor. Problem is I have no space. I'm considering selling my 2-1-2 invisible woman. I never use her. Or I have my 2 star cap I rarely use, but I kinda want to keep him. I don't want to get rid of any 3 stars now that we are getting them a little easier. Not sure what to do.

zulux21

So tomorrow in getting my first female Thor. Problem is I have no space. I'm considering selling my 2-1-2 invisible woman. I never use her. Or I have my 2 star cap I rarely use, but I kinda want to keep him. I don't want to get rid of any 3 stars now that we are getting them a little easier. Not sure what to do.

always choose the lower star character.

with more 4 stars coming, it wouldn't be surprising if it become more common for a 4 star to be required in pve reruns.

2 star cap is easy to replace when you have some HP for more slots... 4 star inviso woman not so much.

Blank!

Deadpool dailies didn't have 3 star covers?

Meant I didn't have gamora or loki or black widow to get the 3 star cover. The daily kinda sucks when you can't clear all.

Cleared last sub completely. Currently in 1st with a 10k lead. Got the free red sentry cover from last sub too. Didn't know there was a 3 star at the end. 1 1 1 sentry wooo...

zulux21

Meant I didn't have gamora or loki or black widow to get the 3 star cover. The daily kinda sucks when you can't clear all.

Cleared last sub completely. Currently in 1st with a 10k lead. Got the free red sentry cover from last sub too. Didn't know there was a 3 star at the end. 1 1 1 sentry wooo...

the daily is indeed better for someone like me that has at least 1 cover of all of the 3 stars but only a few of them maxed, but it's not like they are bad for people more on a 1 star roster. You still get some iso and a taco token each day for a couple of easy matches. The taco token is basically a focused heroic token, so that gives you a good chance of building up the select characters in the token so is still pretty decent.

Top Bottom