• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Blank!

What are you guys doing for 2* storm as far as covers go?

5 blue is the only real important one. I like 5 green for massive board shake, but if you pair her with other green users it's less great. Her yellow isn't anything amazing, but I'd be lying if I said it hasn't won me games/nodes before. When it procs 3x for max damage, that shit hurts.

(EDIT) I have a level 120ish Devil Dinosaur and have no trouble with PvE scaling and a basically all 2* roster.... *shrug* Placed 1st in last PvE event for Iron Fist.

5 blue is the only real important one. I like 5 green for massive board shake, but if you pair her with other green users it's less great. Her yellow isn't anything amazing, but I'd be lying if I said it hasn't won me games/nodes before. When it procs 3x for max damage, that shit hurts.
I use 5 blue/yellow. Plenty of others have better green powers. Max yellow makes her very dangerous when wounded.

Ape

Banned
I'm trying to figure out a team that works with her to use the five green (2* characters only) and I need to pair her with magneto, then its who?

zulux21

I imagine this is the correct answer as you get to place blues with mags and get blue for storm and place free high damage tiles in the process :p

personally I enjoy teaming her up with thor. I load the board up with his yellow move, then basically get a free use of her green move before calling the storm with thor :p

so, they continue to deliver good sounding updates.

Team-Up Improvements
- You can now send up to five Team-Ups to your Alliance members at a time (up from three).
- You can continue to play with characters even if you’ve sent them away as Team-Ups.
- When you earn a Team-Up from a PVE mission/Versus node, its power is raised to the average level of your four best characters.
- The max level of a Team-Up is limited to the max level that character could have if they were in your roster when scaled up.
- Team ups will never *scale down*. So an overlevelled Team-Up will stay overlevelled. It is only Team-Ups that scale up that are capped at rarity level max.
- If the average level of your four best characters is lower than the Team-Up’s original level, you’ll get the Team-Up at its original level.
- When you enter a mission, any empty Team-Up/Boost slots are filled with random available Team-Ups from your inventory.
- Starting Team-Ups updated for new players.
this is a great change all around. I can freely send out team ups now and don't have to worry about if I will need that character because I will still have them. Beyond that them scaling up means random ones I get from low level battles might be useful... and I like the idea of random ones being slotted so when I don't care to slot anything I still might use one.

UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
- You can check how much cooldown time is left on your Shields while you’re shielded. Select the timer on your current Shield to do so.
- Mission rewards in Versus matches have been updated. The average Iso-8 earned per mission is unchanged, but there’s now a 250 Iso-8 reward, and the odds of character covers are reduced.
- Squashed some bugs that kept the display of "Time Left" in Events from showing up.
- The initial game install file is now a bit smaller.
- Re-added music missing from the previous patch.
- Roster Slot prices through slot 25 have been lowered and the first few weeks of Daily Rewards have been re-tuned.
- Covers in your Rewards cache now expire in 14 days (extended from 7 days).
bug fixes are good, covers taking longer to expire isn't bad, and making it easier for people to get to 25 characters is always a good thing.

A telepath. A shapeshifter. This month is getting interesting…

seems like we will get two new characters this month, my guess would be a 4 star and 3 star.

Some ability teasers:

shapeshifter:
- ... Burst of Health™ ...
- ... select one tile to be green ...
- ... team damage ...

telepath:
- i can has free AP
- i can has free special tiles
- ???

there is a debate for if the telepath would be professor x or emma frost. Some people are thinking maybe rogue for the shapeshifter, but the most solid guess I see is Vision as not only is he a green shapeshifter but he is in the new avengers movie
7c30fc754d.jpg

from his wikipedia ability entry
Utilizes phasing into beings/objects then solidifying as a means of molecular disruption, causing pain/damage or death/destruction

Capable of self repair and regeneration as an artificial being
which fit the idea of shapeshifter as well as the hp recovery.

So for 500 log in days you just get a 1,000 ISO? That's pretty weak.

That's really lame. If they're going to do something anticlimactic they should have had a sense of humor about it and provided more of those lame Devil Dinosaur covers.

I will hit 500 on the 21st. At least there's that Lady Thor beforehand.

Ape

Banned
Totally forgot that Hood's yellow was my daily reward today, that was a nice surprise. So Hood yellow (he's at 4 now), Raven Purple (first one) and a Spiderman Blue (also first one) all today. Can't really complain I guess.

zulux21

Damn. Pulled a Spider-Man blue today so I'm almost there with you.

I am assuming you got it from a standard or heroic token and not a taco token. otherwise I will have to yell out objection :p

so I think the only useless character on that list for me is Hulk, I think I can use the top cover on the rest.
heck the falcon cover will get him close to being usable to make a nice little black panther + dakan + falcon team for low level enemies to die fast

Ape

Banned
I am assuming you got it from a standard or heroic token and not a taco token. otherwise I will have to yell out objection :p

so I think the only useless character on that list for me is Hulk, I think I can use the top cover on the rest.
heck the falcon cover will get him close to being usable to make a nice little black panther + dakan + falcon team for low level enemies to die fast

I didn't mean to imply it was from a taco token, this was a random token I opened this morning from the last few days.

Hulks will be good for me, definitely. I'd like to get his black up just a couple more.

E: Decided to go 5/5/3 on 2* Storm. The yellow still does decent damage at 3 but it's so situational that I probably will never see it proc either way.

zulux21

I didn't mean to imply it was from a taco token, this was a random token I opened this morning from the last few days.

Hulks will be good for me, definitely. I'd like to get his black up just a couple more.

E: Decided to go 5/5/3 on 2* Storm. The yellow still does decent damage at 3 but it's so situational that I probably will never see it proc either way.

that is the correct way to go on storm to me :p
and yeah hulk's black is a must. His smash move sucks anyways, his green is ok, but his black actually makes him annoying to deal with when he is defending.

Bigfoot

I've got my 2* Storm at 5/4/4. Putting her blue to 5 only gives you one more stun turn on the main target but the damage doesn't change. I decided I would rather have more yellow damage than an extra turn of stun that I never really need.

Ape

Banned
I've got my 2* Storm at 5/4/4. Putting her blue to 5 only gives you one more stun turn on the main target but the damage doesn't change. I decided I would rather have more yellow damage than an extra turn of stun that I never really need.

How often do you see the yellow ability? I don't think that I've ever seen it swing big. The extra blue stun is something that happens every match with her.

zulux21

which ever makes you happy. personally the extra stun is more likely to come in handy than the extra yellow damage that almost never triggers.

Bigfoot

How often do you see the yellow ability? I don't think that I've ever seen it swing big. The extra blue stun is something that happens every match with her.
I see it all the time. It even won a match for me once or twice. Although my max characters are level 80 and my Storm is only at level 70 right now, so that may be why. I'm still working 6 of my 2*s up to level 94 before I decide what to do next.

It could also be why having 4 stun turns with her blue doesn't help me much. If I'm able to fire off her blue, it usually wins the match for me, or stuns the guy with the most health long enough to finish him off. If you have tougher opponents, having 4 stun turns may be useful.

Maybe I'll switch her to 5/5/3 later on...

How can you see pending characters in the Deadpool dailies?

Ape

Banned
How can you see pending characters in the Deadpool dailies?

Go to taco tokens and hit the question mark for info.

I see it all the time. It even won a match for me once or twice. Although my max characters are level 80 and my Storm is only at level 70 right now, so that may be why. I'm still working 6 of my 2*s up to level 94 before I decide what to do next.

It could also be why having 4 stun turns with her blue doesn't help me much. If I'm able to fire off her blue, it usually wins the match for me, or stuns the guy with the most health long enough to finish him off. If you have tougher opponents, having 4 stun turns may be useful.

I see what you're saying. Storm is one of the characters that actually has a few legitimate builds depending on how you want to use her, other characters are objectively better going with different cover counts. imo Storm is a good character to discuss because it isn't so obvious.

I have had many retaliation wins from her. Sometimes I switch who is in front when I am about to take a hit so that there will be a bigger retaliation. Works for me.

zulux21

Go to taco tokens and hit the question mark for info.

beyond that they are only give out top covers so far, so you can easily tell if there are going to be days that are useless. it hurts when you have a character that is something like 5/0/2 :(

So I'm holding my own in this last off-season PvP. Jumped right out to the front to start, and have been shielding the last day or so. Barely topped earlier today, but I just did a couple of quick fights with Hulk/LThor/Patch to gain about 75 points in a matter of minutes.

Jumped up to 741 pts, got my lead back by 30 pts, and threw up a shield for the remainder of the tournament. If I win, awesome, if not, then I'll certainly get top 5, which is three Iron Fist covers.

I've only ever topped a PvP once, so this would be very nice. We'll see!

zulux21

So I'm holding my own in this last off-season PvP. Jumped right out to the front to start, and have been shielding the last day or so. Barely topped earlier today, but I just did a couple of quick fights with Hulk/LThor/Patch to gain about 75 points in a matter of minutes.

Jumped up to 741 pts, got my lead back by 30 pts, and threw up a shield for the remainder of the tournament. If I win, awesome, if not, then I'll certainly get top 5, which is three Iron Fist covers.

I've only ever topped a PvP once, so this would be very nice. We'll see!

that will be my plan tomorrow night... unless I screwed up my bracketing I should be able to get first place with around 600 points.

ah this is nice... all of the new events are worthless to play thus just have to do the dailys over the weekend.

I take it back no first place for me most likely as I have competition from this thread in my top :p

That second place guy jumped me by 4 pts, so I'm gonna play one fight in the morning if I'm still down by a few and win that and retake my spot.

Also, I'm so glad there's nothing I care for in the new event, because I probably need a couple days of very light play. Just the Deadpool stuff, probably.

Dalek

that will be my plan tomorrow night... unless I screwed up my bracketing I should be able to get first place with around 600 points.

ah this is nice... all of the new events are worthless to play thus just have to do the dailys over the weekend.

I take it back no first place for me most likely as I have competition from this thread in my top :p

I really don't understand how you get in these brackets. It never works for me...

zulux21

I really don't understand how you get in these brackets. It never works for me...
months of barely doing anything, coming in near last in a ton of events ect. aside from like 8 or so events between july 2014 and feb 2015 at best I entered and did a single match and ended up at near the bottom.
Vision isn't female, is that still a part of the leak or did it change?

I haven't heard anything related to gender for the teases on the MPQ forums, if there are other sources of information for new characters I haven't seen them.

Only other tease/leak I have recently reposted was about the Rags redesign with him putting the same type of tiles as 4 star thor. I imagine we won't find out about that for at least a month though as Rags is still rotated out and likely won't have any changes announced until he is rotated back in (likely next season)

Ape

Banned
hints for upcoming characters

female shape-shifter -
can be invisible -
spiderman related villain -
sharpshooter -
Letter I

one of them is a character that will have 2 passives, and 1 active passive (I assume that means something like dr dooms new move)
and at least one of them should be another x-man (which can include females, not sure if the female xmen have a different term for singular).

I'm kind of expecting Domino as the sharpshooter since she is in my Marvel Legendary card game.

This is the post I was referencing, maybe the female part was a mistake? That's the main reason that I agreed with Ben about it being Kamala.

and yeah hulk's black is a must. His smash move sucks anyways, his green is ok, but his black actually makes him annoying to deal with when he is defending.

Hulk black is sweet, also, as a battery for my GSBW or LThor. He has a ton of hit points.

Mknzy

Let's be honest as he stands now, Beast is useless for everybody ^_^

So I woke up down by about 21 pts. Did a couple quick fights and now I'm 1st again by 30 pts with a couple hours to go.

At worst, I'll get top 5. Now the agonizing wait to finish work and find out.

zulux21

This is the post I was referencing, maybe the female part was a mistake? That's the main reason that I agreed with Ben about it being Kamala.

nah, that should be right as it's all been teased by the same person, I just forgot about it :p.

So I woke up down by about 21 pts. Did a couple quick fights and now I'm 1st again by 30 pts with a couple hours to go.

At worst, I'll get top 5. Now the agonizing wait to finish work and find out.

Im down by like 400 points from first, but only like 100 from third lol.

also I feel like I am not participating in the spirit of the women's event by going through with patch/loki/daken and destroying the female teams without being down any health at the end of the match >.>

Victory! Placed first, about 60 pts up. Got my second black X-Force cover and one of each Iron Fist, bringing him to 2/1/3.

So good, and I believe only my second PvP win ever.

zulux21

I'm rather torn on the changes they have made to pvp match making since the last time I seriously tried this.

one on hand I am seeing teams that aren't just max level characters which is nice... on the flip side all my matches are 18-22 points... I would rather just face the max level teams for 45 points :/

ooh it seems at 600 points I still have the 18-24 or so point problem but I start to see stuff like
repeatedly :p

yay he is getting prettier (just from earned rewards, I haven't bought any covers or gotten any from tokens :p)

also the telepath was confirmed as a him, and has been highly hinted that it's prof X.

RAGS update teased more
Ragnarok slams his hammer down, releasing a wave of electricity that scars the battlefield. Deals ??? damage to enemies and ??? to allies. Destroys a random column. Does not generate AP.

Ragnarok calls down lightning, dealing ??? damage. Dark clouds gather, adding ??? Blue tiles to the board.

Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the thunderclouds, where it absorbs the power of the storm. Creates ??? Green Charged tiles. Catching the hammer charges the cyborg with electricity, giving him a burst of ??? health.

zulux21

Woooo hoo!! Got that Dan Rand baby!!!

Thanks, Ladies!

see I am just a bad person, I used my daken/patch/loki team and just beat down all the women only teams with ease.

at the end of an hour of fighting at the end all of my heroes were still at full life >.>

now to decide if I am gonna burn some HP to raise fist's purple up 1 more (as the sooner I get him to 5 there the sooner he can be a regular in my crew)

Man, don't need the Hulk green or the Simulator rewards (No way I'm gonna get top tier, just looking at what comes out for top-150).

I have the same problem as Zulux with PVP, the badass teams start too early and don't give enough points now. I guess I can just keep skipping like I have been; eventually I find a team I can beat comfortably.

Dispatch

Even if I don't need the reward from the Deadpool Daily, I still run through the missions. I really, really like the quick rewards and love the wave matches.

I've found that the final match in the Deadpool daily is pretty easy with Steve Rogers, Hood, and Falcon. By the last match I have so much AP, and so many protect tiles, that the enemy is either stunned or ineffectual. Actually, it's getting past the first wave that's hardest.

Even if I don't need the reward from the Deadpool Daily, I still run through the missions. I really, really like the quick rewards and love the wave matches.

I've found that the final match in the Deadpool daily is pretty easy with Steve Rogers, Hood, and Falcon. By the last match I have so much AP, and so many protect tiles, that the enemy is either stunned or ineffectual. Actually, it's getting past the first wave that's hardest.

Same here. So far the Hulk & Storm rewards are the only ones I couldn't use. Love the influx of *** covers.

Like I said initially though, ISO is becoming scarce. I used to have about 200,000 banked and I'm regularly down to 120,000 these days.

I finally have my first character capable of leveling up past 200. Too bad she is worthless!

shaowebb

This makes about the third Deadpool daily I couldn't use. I went in for the iso though and got some good leveling in. Gonna try to late bracket for some Luke Cage tomorrow. Iron Fist is 2/1/2 right now and lvl 66 maxed. Gonna push hard for his covers when work allows. I wanna see his end game.

Wish they'd just go ahead and put a friggin price tag on a 3 star cover in the recruit tab. The odds are still too stacked in favor of 2 stars and currently events and Deadpool dailies are all you can really rely on.

Top Bottom