• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

Iron fist and Falcon make a good team. IF throws that attack tile out, and then Falcon improves it's power with every yellow match.

shaowebb

Iron fist and Falcon make a good team. IF throws that attack tile out, and then Falcon improves it's power with every yellow match.

Yeah, I've been thinking about pairing them for the defense and buffed tile setup that I've used with Patch before. Problem is to run the defensive side of Falcon which is pretty key to wanting him around you need purple and Iron Fist has to have purple. I like the idea of buffing Fist's tile but since Falcon can't use any of the rest of his stuff it really isn't a setup that lets me fully utilize Falcon properly.

Currently my top thoughts for what Iron Fist team I want to build are these.

1. Iron Fist/Black Panther/???
  2. Iron Fist/Luke Cage/Falcon
  3. Iron Fist/Cyclops/Blade

My ideal fist team will involve:

• someone who can spend the black well. Likely Xforce Wolverine, Luke Cage, Blade, Cyclops, or Black Panther
  • Someone with tile priority for green or purple so he doesn't take damage or just an outright shield placer
  • If cyclops is chosen then an additional red user would be nice

I keep considering Iron Fist, Blade, Cyclops. Blade since it places tiles based on red and Cyclops generates red and Iron Fist generates Black for Cyclops or Blade.

Luke Cage, Iron Fist is a given great team because of how easily it defends, damages and sets up Luke Cage's 1, 2 punch damage. If I just ended up using Luke Cage Iron Fist then yeah...I'd use Falcon since Cage has the defense covered in most cases and Falcon buffing both is something I consider better than trying to use Falcon's whole moveset since he no longer needs to be the guy in charge of defense as well.

Likely though I'll be rocking Iron Fist, Black Panther, ??? for a long while though. Black Panther is built already for me and I'll experiment with a good final dude. If I had a properly built Xforce Wolverine he'd be in my teams too, but he's currently the hardest to build for since I don't have the time to fish for that shit.

Triz

Managed to pull an iron fist from the fist bump heroic token, a 250 hp and a mystique black from the taco tokens today. That's a good roll.

zulux21

Likely though I'll be rocking Iron Fist, Black Panther, ??? for a long while though. Black Panther is built already for me and I'll experiment with a good final dude. If I had a properly built Xforce Wolverine he'd be in my teams too, but he's currently the hardest to build for since I don't have the time to fish for that shit.

I'm personally liking iron fist, panther, and daken.

daken tanks on black period.
he tanks on purple as long as he is higher level than iron fist.
he doesn't tank on yellow or green, but it's ok if panther and IF take a little damage.
and since he regens hp it means you can get through battles with out taking a lot of damage if you mostly focus on getting purple and black to do iron fist's purple and panther's black.

I really need to start setting alarms for this game. Missed out on an Iron Fist cover because I didn't get back into playing after my shields ran out near the end. Dammit!

From what I understood it was supposed to be a permanent feature, unless they decided it wasn't working out for some reason, I don't know. Maybe it is just late posting?

Looks like I caught it during the window between events. I think daylight savings time messed it up.

Thanks goodness it's back. I may not care about a *** Beast but I love this event.

So now we're not allowed to enter a mission without using teamups? Love forced "features". At least we don't technically have to use the teamups but it looks like it will fill it with boosts you have if you don't have teamups.

Mknzy

Looks like the Login Bonus isn't ready today by it's normal time...

Probally things thrown off by the daylight savings time switch. It has been throwing off another game I play and half of the people who come to my livestream were an hour late this Sunday *laughs*

Dalek

Probally things thrown off by the daylight savings time switch. It has been throwing off another game I play and half of the people who come to my livestream were an hour late this Sunday *laughs*

good idea!

EDIT:
New update is out-and Roster slot prices are lowered through Slot 25. Too bad I'm past that!

Mknzy

good idea!

EDIT:
New update is out-and Roster slot prices are lowered through Slot 25. Too bad I'm past that!

Yeah I'm well past that. Annoying as hell honestly, it's to a point where I almost don't want to keep playing because it is starting to get expensive to add new characters.

Dalek

I'm staring to feel the same way guys. Too many characters, it's kinda out of control.

The problem is you can't pick a character like say "iron fist" and focus your efforts on solely upgrading him. Because you may never get another Iron Fist again-you'll then get Hulk covers forever instead everyttime you sell them.

Ape

Banned
The problem is you can't pick a character like say "iron fist" and focus your efforts on solely upgrading him. Because you may never get another Iron Fist again-you'll then get Hulk covers forever instead everyttime you sell them.

True very true. I think that I'll stop collecting characters unless I see value in them. I do t have a roster spot for beast as an example and we have zero chance of them making him op.

zulux21

Damn! I just unlocked slot #25 yesterday :/

to be fair it was known for 5 days that the price would be going down. I even posted about it in here :p

True very true. I think that I'll stop collecting characters unless I see value in them. I do t have a roster spot for beast as an example and we have zero chance of them making him op.

between daily rewards, event bonuses for the events I actually play. I get plenty of HP for roster slots, and about every other month or so have around 1250 extra that I could use towards a single character. I don't use any HP on shields or anything like that, but yeah I just build up the select few decent characters with the iso and hp I get. mostly I just get by with what I have (which are the patch, daken, and panther I boosted with my extra HP over the last year)

though i've ridden patch for a long time. When they introduced him they ran multiple events that gave him out, with in like two weeks I had like a 5/4/3 patch.

52nd hero slot = 650 coin
:/

It gets worse.

93JiV5P.jpg

Malmorian

Wow, so I was under the mistaken impression that DD Daily's *couldn't* give you covers you didn't have. I was pleasantly surprised to pull my 1st yellow Falcon (finally!) and a blue for my shitty Beast who's now a 1/5/1.

Now if I could only pull green Blade or blue Hood i'd be laughing

zulux21

Wow, so I was under the mistaken impression that DD Daily's *couldn't* give you covers you didn't have. I was pleasantly surprised to pull my 1st yellow Falcon (finally!) and a blue for my shitty Beast who's now a 1/5/1.

Now if I could only pull green Blade or blue Hood i'd be laughing

you can get covers from the taco tokens, but you can only get the cover of the day if you have at least one cover of the character in order to do the required node to unlock the cover match.

zulux21

That'll be the day.

im up to one since it started. and I think 500 HP so it's not super super bad luck for me.

I do kind of wish they did something silly, like make a Taco character that makes bag man look good (15 yellow Taco Party, everyone stops and eats some tacos, everyone heals 100 hp. , 10 red Hot Sauce, You put the extra hot sauce on, you take 500 damage but the fire you breathe out of your mouth also damages the enemy team for 500, 5 Green, side salad. Changes one random tile to green.) but actually has like 200 different covers you could see with random real pictures of tacos, and various works of marvel characters eating tacos.

im up to one since it started. and I think 500 HP so it's not super super bad luck for me.

I do kind of wish they did something silly, like make a Taco character that makes bag man look good (15 yellow Taco Party, everyone stops and eats some tacos, everyone heals 100 hp. , 10 red Hot Sauce, You put the extra hot sauce on, you take 500 damage but the fire you breathe out of your mouth also damages the enemy team for 500, 5 Green, side salad. Changes one random tile to green.) but actually has like 200 different covers you could see with random real pictures of tacos, and various works of marvel characters eating tacos.

Did you submit your resume to the MPQ team yet?

zulux21

Did you submit your resume to the MPQ team yet?

I did, but they didn't seem to like my idea of introducing Scarlet Witch as a top tier female in order to get a female by birth female character into the top 10 of power instead of just a gender altered thor (I don't actually know the story behind why a female thor exists, but I can only assume it was a change designed to make a splash to get people to talk about thor again, or perhaps they just wanted thor to be a dinsey princess.)

I mean we really could use some more powerful female characters, especially during women's month when there is only 3 of them in the top 20 of power in the game (fan rankings but still).

btw the list is a few months out of date and doesn't include Electra in the rankings, though it's not likely she would be in the top 10

Mknzy

New character ability breakdown is up.

-------------------------------------------------------

Unknown (Coming Soon)
4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
At Max Level: HP: 9590 Tile Damage: 64/11/82/73/10/10/3.5x

Match 5 AP gain / damage - Passive :blue:
(PASSIVE) Whenever the team makes a Match-5 or greater, it generates 1 AP in the team's strongest color and deals an additional 941 damage.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Deals an additonal 1317 damage.
Level 3: Deals an additonal 1430 damage and generates 2 AP.
Level 4: Deals an additonal 2070 damage.
Level 5: Deals an additonal 2221 damage and generates 4 AP.
Max Level
Level 3 - Deals an additonal 2839 damage and generates 2 AP.
Level 4 - Deals an additonal 4110 damage and generates 2 AP.
Level 5 - Deals an additonal 4408 damage and generates 4 AP.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Invisible / Tile strengthen - 7 :purple: AP
Creates an invisibility tile that targets the user of this ability.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: While invisible, if this character makes a match, they strengthen 1 friendly special tile by 58.
Level 3: While invisible, if this character makes a match, they strengthen 2 friendly special tiles by 59.
Level 4: While invisible, if this character makes a match, they strengthen 2 friendly special tiles by 120.
Level 5: While invisible, if this character makes a match, they strengthen 4 friendly special tiles by 121.
Max Level
Level 3 - Strengthens 2 tiles by 115
Level 4 - Strengthens 2 tiles by 236
Level 5 - Strengthens 4 tiles by 238
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team added damage / Tile gen - Passive :yellow:
(PASSIVE) Whenever an ally fires a power, it also deals 301 additional damage.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 24 Attack tile.
Level 3: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also deals 421 additional damage.
Level 4: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 35 Strike tile.
Level 5: Creates a 55 strength Attack tile, a 55 strength Strike tile and deals 605 additional damage.
Max Level
Level 3 - Does 837 damage, creates a strength 47 Attack tile.
Level 4 - Does 837 damage, creates a strength 47 Attack tile and a strength 69 Strike tile.
Level 5 - Does 1202 damage, creates a strength 108 Attack tile and a strength 108 Strike tile.

Interesting powers.

I'll never have enough covers to make him useful :(

My Lazy Cap is now fully covered up, though. Don't have enough ISO to max him, though. I don't know how you guys have 100k. I've only got 10k :(

Mknzy

Lazycap is one of my two maxed *** characters and I have him at 4/5/4. I'm pretty happy with that build...but I may go 3/5/5 if I get another blue. I never use his yellow.

Lazy Cap yellow is WAY to expensive for what it does, and it isn't worth it in any way. 3/5/5 is the build to go for there.

Ape

Banned
Lazy Cap yellow is WAY to expensive for what it does, and it isn't worth it in any way. 3/5/5 is the build to go for there.

I only have yellow covers. :(

looks like Sentry red will be my first maxed out three star cover. Getting five this week!

Ape

Banned
what the fuck, i'm not getting full points on a node that I've not completed? Am I missing something here??

Lazycap is one of my two maxed *** characters and I have him at 4/5/4. I'm pretty happy with that build...but I may go 3/5/5 if I get another blue. I never use his yellow.

I'm currently in your situation, but added the yellow cover from yesterday when I finished the daily. Going to respec if I can ever get another blue cover...

Malmorian

^ Yeah just got my LCap to 4 yellow today...god I wish it had been blue instead. Rocking a 4/5/1 build right now. His yellow is too expensive, but I love that maxed red cuz once he gets going you can get quick wipes

^ Yeah just got my LCap to 4 yellow today...god I wish it had been blue instead. Rocking a 4/5/1 build right now. His yellow is too expensive, but I love that maxed red cuz once he gets going you can get quick wipes

Yep. 4000+ damage for his red and you get most of the AP back. Love it.

Mknzy

Honestly I am starting to think more and more that I may be done. I've been playing for over a year, and while I am at least not running into constant 395s like some people, I just haven't been having as much fun with the game as I once did. Even with a great character like Iron Fist, I couldn't bring myself to push through the event to get him. I think I will try the join on the last day deal for Prof X and see what happens, but beyond that it may be time to just accept that I'm done with the game and move on.

Top Bottom