• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

I know-thousands of iso for like 20-30 minutes of rounds. Easily worth doing.

30 minutes a day for a year is 10950 minutes or 182.5 hours or a little over 7.6 days of time. or a little over 2% of the year spent on just getting some iso :p

personally if I don't care about the cover I just do one or two of the taco rounds to get my daily log in, I only go for the iso if I am going for the cover.

he's one of the very few 3* I ain't got

:(

I think I have all of my 3* again, it's just a few 4* I am missing.

30 minutes a day for a year is 10950 minutes or 182.5 hours or a little over 7.6 days of time. or a little over 2% of the year spent on just getting some iso :p

personally if I don't care about the cover I just do one or two of the taco rounds to get my daily log in, I only go for the iso if I am going for the cover.

I think I have all of my 3* again, it's just a few 4* I am missing.

my life...

I am only missing a few 3*, I think. Maybe just Cyclops, at this point. Going to get him in the Punisher event if it kills me.

Yeah, MPQ definitely likes me right now, I'm in a pretty soft bracket for everything lately. Killing this PvE without even trying hard, and sitting 1st by a good margin with less than 9 hours to go in the Punisher PvP.

We'll see!

zulux21

so two things, it seems likely that the next character that will be released has an ability called "Inhuman Stretchiness", a female shapeshifter, likely named Kamala Khan or better known as a 3 star Ms Marvel (that will go great with the two star one and the 3 star captain marvel :p)

the other bit of news is that they have changed their new character buy back policy for characters that quickly get nerfs
Iron Fist Buyback - Policy Update For New Characters
Postby David [Hi-Fi] Moore » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello everyone,

We wanted to let you know about our new buyback policy regarding newly-released MPQ characters.

If a new character has been added to the game, and changes have been made to that character's abilities within 30 days of the character's initial release, we will be offering a full Hero Point and Iso refund for any covers that were purchased directly or gained through Comic Packs.

*Please note: The increased buyback goes into effect only after the changes are live in-game. If, after playing with the newly-balanced character, users are unsatisfied, they can contact Customer Support. After verification and the player has sold the character, CS will refund in-game any additional Hero Points and Iso that was spent on the character.

*Also note: This additional refund does not apply to progression or placement rewards earned through PVE & Versus Events. The normal increased buyback, set up for any updated character, already takes these into account.

Using Iron Fist as an example; after the changes to Iron Fist go into effect (planned for 3/23/15), play with the character for a bit and try out the updates. If you are still dissatisfied, submit a ticket to Customer Support in-game (gear icon/Help/Contact Us) or here and be prepared to sell off the character. CS will provide you with a full Hero Point and Iso refund for any covers that were purchased directly or gained through Comic Packs and used to level the character.

Dalek

Yay! I knew it was Ms. Marvel! I wonder if they'll change the name for 2 star Ms. Marvel to avoid confusion-like Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)? I would like to be able to play with both Kamala and Carol in the same team.

NineH

my life...

I am only missing a few 3*, I think. Maybe just Cyclops, at this point. Going to get him in the Punisher event if it kills me.

I'm hoping the Punisher PvP won't be a bloodbath but I'm thinking it may be if people will go in hard for the Professor X covers since he's new and not Elektra tier.

Mknzy

Thank you, this just pushed me over the edge into finally giving up the game for good. Just not worth the time anymore to me.

Yeah, MPQ definitely likes me right now, I'm in a pretty soft bracket for everything lately. Killing this PvE without even trying hard, and sitting 1st by a good margin with less than 9 hours to go in the Punisher PvP.

We'll see!

#1!

Wound up winning by about 30 pts. That's like my third win in a few weeks, and my second Prof X blue cover, too. Not to mention all three Cyclops covers. So good.

zulux21

KAMALA?

*redownloads app*

to be fair it's not confirmed just looking very likely.

Thank you, this just pushed me over the edge into finally giving up the game for good. Just not worth the time anymore to me.

no problem :p

I am a cheap ass when it comes to buying stuff, thus people look at me weird when I tell them I will pay $10 for something but not $11. and then I explain to them how over the course of the year with how many things I buy that extra $1 adds up to hundreds lol.

jred2k

I always find it real hard to justify tossing away a *** character. I'd feel bad for missing out on essential nodes in a PvE event or the Deadpool Daily.

zulux21

Yeah, I know. But at this point it is almost $10 to get a new slot! Ugh

what 1 star and 2 star do you have left?
you really only need 2 1 star (only needed for dead pool daily and only two in case one is locked out due to random hero choice, screw the idea of wasting slots for the 1 star only tourny that only shows up every 6 months or so) and 3 two star to do pretty much anything (as long as you have a decent 3 star roster :p).

what 1 star and 2 star do you have left?
you really only need 2 1 star (only needed for dead pool daily and only two in case one is locked out due to random hero choice, screw the idea of wasting slots for the 1 star only tourny that only shows up every 6 months or so) and 3 two star to do pretty much anything (as long as you have a decent 3 star roster :p).

No 1*s, only a bunch of 2*s. I could probably get rid of one or two. Already got rid of Hawkeye. Speed shot wasnt enough.

Also, I paid the $5 to open the slot. It was cheaper for 600 HP than I thought.

NineH

#1!

Wound up winning by about 30 pts. That's like my third win in a few weeks, and my second Prof X blue cover, too. Not to mention all three Cyclops covers. So good.

Congrats on the winning streak!

Also, Professor X's face cracks me up whenever I am able to trigger his blue power. The way they implemented the powers' animation is so off the wall it's hilarious.

Congrats on the winning streak!

Also, Professor X's face cracks me up whenever I am able to trigger his blue power. The way they implemented the powers' animation is so off the wall it's hilarious.
Thanks! It's been real exciting, and possibly all because I took a week off and basically didn't do a longer PvE.

I've been playing this on and off the past year. Is there a GAF alliance?

There's a face I see around, haha. We've got GAFvengers, which I think is full, GAFkanda whose status I do not know, and some folks went to SHEEP, I think.

I'm not sure if Gaf-kanda is very active these days. Might be making a spot in S.H.E.E.P. soon since it appears one of the members quit playing again.

Dalek

Yeah-Professor X is basically the ultimate support character.

Man, fuck The Gauntlet. Any event where there is a level 100 Juggernaut with 10,000 hit points is ridiculous.

Bigfoot

So I have enough HP to buy a roster slot and currently have the following covers that could take that spot:

• Ragnorak x2
  • Luke Cage x2
  • The Hood
  • Mystique

So who gets the spot? I just got the Ragnorak covers last night so they are good for 14 days but the rest expire in less than 5. I'm thinking Luke Cage just because I have two of them (both yellow) and I may have enough HP for Rags in two weeks.

Also no "keep them all" comments. I've already given this game an amount of real cash that I feel is fair for the time I've played and what the game is worth to me.

Mknzy

That's the real message. Why play any games at all if the math works out like that!

I played for a long time, and I did put some money in, though I am sure other have put in more. I just kinda got to a point where it was getting more and more expensive, mostly needing slots, and I didn't want to put in the time or effort needed to get the new characters anyway. I just decided it was time to cut it and focus more on a couple of other games. I will likely still pop in here just to see what is happening with everyone and the game out of curiosity, but at least for now I am done playing.

Dalek

So I have enough HP to buy a roster slot and currently have the following covers that could take that spot:

• Ragnorak x2
  • Luke Cage x2
  • The Hood
  • Mystique

So who gets the spot? I just got the Ragnorak covers last night so they are good for 14 days but the rest expire in less than 5. I'm thinking Luke Cage just because I have two of them (both yellow) and I may have enough HP for Rags in two weeks.

Also no "keep them all" comments. I've already given this game an amount of real cash that I feel is fair for the time I've played and what the game is worth to me.

All of them.

Luke Cage or The Hood. The Hood will eventually become awesome on defense, and Luke Cage is a really heavy hitter right from the get go.

• Ragnorak x2
  • Luke Cage x2
  • The Hood
  • Mystique

Keep Luke Cage. He is awesome.

Bigfoot

Alright. Keeping Luke Cage for now and will try to grab the Hood if I get him in the future. I've got all my favourite comic characters now that are 3*s so I'm just adding others when I can. Not like I'll be levelling any of them up anytime soon anyways.

Got a message that 2* Mags is changing. Hopefully he doesn't change too much. I like using him.

Bigfoot

I really can't stand the Gauntlet. Everything is way overpowered. I can't even finish the second category.
It is pretty tough. I'm almost through the second stage and I'm aiming for the Squirrel Girl cover.

It is tough for sure but I like that it isn't competitive. It's nice to do something at your own pace.

zulux21

Alright. Keeping Luke Cage for now and will try to grab the Hood if I get him in the future. I've got all my favourite comic characters now that are 3*s so I'm just adding others when I can. Not like I'll be levelling any of them up anytime soon anyways.

Got a message that 2* Mags is changing. Hopefully he doesn't change too much. I like using him.

he is becoming less of a blue battery but overall his change isn't tooooooooo terrible.
Polarity Shift - Old - Cost: 11 (9 at level 5)
Magneto uses the sheer force of magnetism to reconfigure the battlefield. Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue.
Level 2 - Costs 1 AP less.
Level 3 - Changes 4 selected tiles.
Level 4 - Costs 1 AP less.
Level 5 - Changes 5 selected tiles.
MAX Level 5: Changes 5 selected tiles.

Polarity Shift - New - Cost: 9
Magneto uses the sheer force of magnetism to reconfigure the battlefield. Changes 1 selected basic color tile to Blue, and creates 3 Red tiles.
Level 2 - Changes 2 selected basic color tiles to Blue.
Level 3 - Creates 4 Red tiles.
Level 4 - Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue, and creates 3 Red tiles.
Level 5 - Creates 5 Red tiles.
MAX Level 5: Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue, and creates 5 Red tiles.

NineH

Yeah-Professor X is basically the ultimate support character.

Man, fuck The Gauntlet. Any event where there is a level 100 Juggernaut with 10,000 hit points is ridiculous.

Wait until you get to node 37 of the 3rd gauntlet. Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Deadpool. You have an unstoppable attack and protect tile and you can't even whales them if you wanted to. Fuck you node 37.

NineH

• Ragnorak x2
  • Luke Cage x2
  • The Hood
  • Mystique

You definitely need to keep The Hood and Luke Cage. Mystique is being nerfed so she is low priority and the less said about Ragnarok the better.

zulux21

so the next character will have these moves (subject to changes)
Unknown (Coming Soon)
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile Damage: 79/13/12/70/61/11/3.5x

Team Temp Health on Ability Use - Passive :yellow:
(PASSIVE) Whenever an ally fires a power, the team gains a burst of 110 health.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Gives the team a burst of 132 health.
Level 3: Gives the team a burst of 154 health.
Level 4: Gives the team a burst of 198 health.
Level 5: Gives the team a burst of 286 health.
Max Level
Level 3 - Gives the team a burst of 487 health.
Level 4 - Gives the team a burst of 626 health.
Level 5 - Gives the team a burst of 905 health.

Target Convert to Green/Random to Green - 8 :purple: AP
Converts a chosen basic tile and 2 random basic tiles of the same color to Green.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Converts 3 additional random tiles to Green.
Level 3: Converts 4 additional random tiles to Green.
Level 4: Converts 5 additional random tiles to Green.
Level 5: Converts 7 additional random tiles to Green.

Team AoE damage - 12 :green: AP
Deals 411 damage to the enemy team.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Deals 493 damage to the enemy team.
Level 3: Deals 575 damage to the enemy team.
Level 4: Deals 740 damage to the enemy team.
Level 5: Deals 1069 damage to the enemy team.
Max Level
Level 3 - Deals 1826 damage to the enemy team.
Level 4 - Deals 2347 damage to the enemy team.
Level 5 - Deals 3390 damage to the enemy team.

and if all the teases are correct it should be Kamala Khan but it's currently just listed as an unknown hero.

personally I think she looks pretty good, especially since she can fuel her own powerful green move.

Mknzy

Wow, that green is Call the Storm level good. I still wouldn't say she is as good as Thor because her purple generates green but doesn't do the stupid damage that Thor's yellow does, plus Thor has his red fueling his yellow as well, so Thor would still be the better overall character.

Ape

Banned
Wow, that green is Call the Storm level good. I still wouldn't say she is as good as Thor because her purple generates green but doesn't do the stupid damage that Thor's yellow does, plus Thor has his red fueling his yellow as well, so Thor would still be the better overall character.

Her green does more damage overall for 2 less than thors. That's pretty great.

Top Bottom