• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

they are the shortest missions for me... level 50 storm is awesome though.

I usually use Widow, Juggs & IM. I should probably swap out the latter with Storm to speed it up....as it stands I just keep trying to match green & red to trigger Juggernaut.

It probably takes me 3/4 of the time to do the one star as it does to do the four round Daily itself.

Spoit

Yeah just use juggs. match damage getting the green and red should kill the first goon, headbutt the actual enemy, and then use the green to do most of the health to the other goon and match damage them down

Bigfoot

I usually use Widow, Juggs & IM. I should probably swap out the latter with Storm to speed it up....as it stands I just keep trying to match green & red to trigger Juggernaut.

It probably takes me 3/4 of the time to do the one star as it does to do the four round Daily itself.
What level are your 1*s? I just have Storm and IM and it takes no time at all. They are both level 50 though.

Dispatch

I use Storm and Iron Man for my Level 1 match and it's pretty quick for me, too.

In other news, I got my 10-pack today and actually received two gold covers... both Hood black covers...a skill I already had maxed. :(

This Black Vortex PvP is interesting, and I like my pairing of Cyclops with Gamora, as he just makes all kinds of red for her. It works well.

Edit: Mwahahaha, I won Black Vortex. That's yet another PvP win, and another Star-Lord cover. 2/2/1 now.

NineH

This Black Vortex PvP is interesting, and I like my pairing of Cyclops with Gamora, as he just makes all kinds of red for her. It works well.

Edit: Mwahahaha, I won Black Vortex. That's yet another PvP win, and another Star-Lord cover. 2/2/1 now.

I want some of your luck. I was leading in the Black Vortex PvP until the last minute when I got attacked for about 70 points. I ended up 2nd behind around 20 points. To add insult to injury I was 11th place in the PvE missing out on a 3rd cover by that much. Oh well, can't win em all so I'll just look forward at the next events.

My planned exit from Marvel Puzzle Quest was thwarted by my "internet-free vacation" destination having wifi. I'm in even deeper now, so I might as well go all-in. A couple of questions about my roster.

1) Should I be spending HP on upgrading the covers for any of my characters? I've only used HP for roster slots up to this point. The *** characters below through Daken are all maxed given their covers.

2) Are any of my non-leveled *** characters worth putting ISO into given their cover count?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Loved the advice to level Black Panther. He's not as powerful as I'd like yet but I'm enjoying using him. I know GSBW doesn't get much love but I really like her purple...I need more *** purple powers.

zPLoGNn.jpg

6p2drXe.png

l7GNpHk.jpg

NK09rsX.jpg

TiRG4L7.png

TV53cqf.jpg

OnNUMIV.png

e5v3u8j.jpg

D0CsNZy.jpg

eNB4zq1.png

Chanser

He nullifies a lot of damage, I would suggest trying to win covers and then use your HP on last few covers.

If you don't want to do that, you could trying getting more covers for x-force or patch.

I want some of your luck. I was leading in the Black Vortex PvP until the last minute when I got attacked for about 70 points. I ended up 2nd behind around 20 points. To add insult to injury I was 11th place in the PvE missing out on a 3rd cover by that much. Oh well, can't win em all so I'll just look forward at the next events.
Yeah, it's really something lately. I might just be in soft brackets for PvP.

I got up past 300 pts, just for fun, because I want the token. Come home from work last night and had just over 2 hrs left in the PvP. So I just checked the top 10 leaderboard, saw #1 had 645 pts, and said "Oh, I can do that!"

From there I mainly used a team of Gamora/Blade/RockyGroot and kicked some ass. Went through the roster, had teams of Cap/Panther/Hulk and would cycle in Thor for Cap or maybe Daredevil for some easier fights, but it was mostly grinding Mags/Storm/featured character teams, each character with 3-4k health, for 20-22 pts each fight.

Ultimately got #1, cleared by about 30 pts and threw up a quick shield to wait it out for the final hour.

I'm on mobile right now but when I get home I'll post my roster (I play on Steam). It's pretty solid.

Dalek

Yeah, it's really something lately. I might just be in soft brackets for PvP.

I got up past 300 pts, just for fun, because I want the token. Come home from work last night and had just over 2 hrs left in the PvP. So I just checked the top 10 leaderboard, saw #1 had 645 pts, and said "Oh, I can do that!"

From there I mainly used a team of Gamora/Blade/RockyGroot and kicked some ass. Went through the roster, had teams of Cap/Panther/Hulk and would cycle in Thor for Cap or maybe Daredevil for some easier fights, but it was mostly grinding Mags/Storm/featured character teams, each character with 3-4k health, for 20-22 pts each fight.

Ultimately got #1, cleared by about 30 pts and threw up a quick shield to wait it out for the final hour.

I'm on mobile right now but when I get home I'll post my roster (I play on Steam). It's pretty solid.

I basically squeaked by getting a Blade cover from that...

Malmorian

Finally made it into the top 100 on PvE to score Kamala, sucked having to buy another slot for her but i'm tired of missing out on chars.

Malmorian

Sorry for the double post but looks like Kingpin is up as a new 4*, what's with all the big star drops back to back? Xavier AND Kingpin? Jeeeesus

Malmorian

Yeah even lvl 1 yellow paired with someone like Thor would just wipe everything. This will be getting nerfed quickly i'm sure

Spoit

I'm not seeing it. the countdowns are 5 turns. The black might be terrifying for pve, when he has goons making tiles and feeding him. I forget what the 3rd power was

zulux21

I'm not seeing it. the countdowns are 5 turns. The black might be terrifying for pve, when he has goons making tiles and feeding him. I forget what the 3rd power was

yeah he didn't seem very impressive to me for a 4 star

Decent damage for the black, but not amazing

you get 8 yellow for 8 purple and remove 6 of the enemies strongest ap. This is likely his best move as there isn't much to fuel yellow, and would go well with thor.

this move looks fun on paper, and then you realize that if you ever tried to use it the RNG would make the AI get massive chains that would destroy all of the countdown timers before they go off 90% of the time and it doesn't become appealing.

thus.... you have a decent fuel, and an ok black move, but xforce would be the better choice for the black move, and other characters would likely be more useful than his yellow fuel. He isn't terrible, but I know I likely won't go very hard after him.

shaowebb

Oh my God. Luke Cage, Falcon and Iron Fist are the greatest team ever.
I've been working for that team for a bit because I knew it'd be good. :) Iron Fist, Cage were guaranteed and they already setup tons of damage. My top picks were for me to pair Falcon for buffs and more armor, or Black Panther for the black AP usage.

D3 said:
King Pin
At Max Level: HP: 13700 Tile Damage: 64/10/11/73/11/82/3.5x

Wilson's Gambit - 6 :black: AP
The Kingpin pushes one of his pawns forward in a sacrifice play to fuel a savage reprisal. Kingpindeals 448 damage to the target. If there is a friendly Countdown tile on the board, Kingpin destroys it and deals an additional 776 damage. Dev note: Only one additional CD tile per ability use is destroyed
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Deals 538 damage, and 861 extra damage.
Level 3: Deals 627 damage, and 954 extra damage.
Level 4: Deals 806 damage, and 1133 extra damage.
Level 5: Deals 1165 damage, and 1490 extra damage.
Max Level
Level 3 - 1243 / 1895 damage.
Level 4 - 1598 / 2250 damage.
Level 5 - 2309 / 2959 damage.
The Fisk Defense - 8 :purple: AP
Seeing through his enemy's ruse, Wilson Fisk dismantles their position and strengthens his own. He destroys 4 AP of the enemy's strongest color and generates 4 Yellow AP.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Destroys 5 AP.
Level 3: Generates 5 AP.
Level 4: Destroys 6 AP.
Level 5: Generates 8 AP.
Maggia Pawns - 10 :yellow: AP
Kingpin commands a force rivaling some armies, he pushes his pawns forward to harass his enemies. Kingpin creates 2 3 turn (Yellow) Maggia Thug Countdown tiles that deal 731 damage.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Creates 3 3 turn Maggia Thug Countdown tiles
Level 3: Also creates a 4 turn (Blue) Maggia Muscle Countdown tile that creates 2 Strike tiles of strength 46.
Level 4: Also creates a 5 turn (Black) Maggia Hitman Countdown tile that deals 1553 damage.
Level 5: Creates 3 3 turn Thug, 2 4 turn Muscle, 2 5 turn Hitman Countdown tiles.
Max Level (Per tile)
Level 3 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 91 Strike tiles.
Level 4 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 91 Strike tiles / 3083 damage.
Level 5 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 151 Strike tiles / 3083 damage.

Essentially he robs the enemy of their strongest color and makes a ton of tiles using the yellow it gives him. Thanks to him having friendly tiles placed his last ability does a shitload more damage. Plus if you fail to pop his friendly tiles even if he doesn't use the last ability he can just get the damage those tiles net him and you don't know which tile he will sacrifice...heck it doesn't even matter which one because if you miss any he will pop at least one for the extra attack. The muscle tiles especially make him scary if you miss any or if he doesn't pop em himself because they will make his seemingly average damage quickly get out of hand since muscle's threaten is particularly scary. Heaven help you if you consistently fail to stop Hitman tiles before they go off if he gets Muscle's threaten.

He fuels himself well, is healthy and deals out consistent damage often that gets stronger the longer you flail against his tiles. Basically he is one character that makes you fight the equivalent of a whole team of maggia tile placers...its a hard thing to keep up with the amount of tiles he can potentially place given he is designed to rob you of your AP.

zulux21

hmmm I am rank 17 in the pve, could get into rank 10 and likely keep it with like 10 matches....

do I care enough....
I don't think I do >.>

I didn't even realize that you could get the new character from the token from the ongoing event... the token i got from placing well in one of the sub events got me

when my actual rewards come in I will have a 1/2/0 character now, sweet.

shaowebb

well that's not entirely a fair comparison. Muscle tiles make even yelena a serious threat

Which is pretty much why I see him as a real threat. At 5 covers he places 7 countdown tiles with 2 being hitman and another 2 being muscle. Those are legit things to need to destroy, but 7 tiles is a bit rough to try and get considering how cheap it'll be to get this ability off. Without the Muscle tiles it wouldn't be too bad though to deal with 1 dude with health who could only do steady damage with timers. With those particulars though...he will be scary. We've all seen what happens when threaten gets off and hitman pops up. It gets real bad.

zulux21

What's the best way to deal with Magento's coercive field? I hate that shit.

loki.
turn that defense into his death

alternatively, a steady steam of strike tiles.
finally, huge amounts of board shake such as storms green is decent at it too.

Triz

Managed a top 10 and scored all three for Kamala. Even pulled another one from the reward token in the event.

So I've been holding back on upgrading some of my characters cause I'm worried the higher I upgrade these the bigger my deadpool range will be. It's already fairly difficult (range 99-132) but I am usually able to pass the main one to get the 3* but I don't want to upgrade these main ones much higher in fears it will jump to a higher range and I'm screwed. Here is a picture of the main ones I can level up besides hulk and obviously ares. Is there a way to know what range we land in? Anyone with much higher characters still have a low range?

lyHhcZs.jpg

zulux21

So I've been holding back on upgrading some of my characters cause I'm worried the higher I upgrade these the bigger my deadpool range will be. It's already fairly difficult (range 99-132) but I am usually able to pass the main one to get the 3* but I don't want to upgrade these main ones much higher in fears it will jump to a higher range and I'm screwed. Here is a picture of the main ones I can level up besides hulk and obviously ares. Is there a way to know what range we land in? Anyone with much higher characters still have a low range?

lyHhcZs.jpg
my range is also 99-132... I didn't realize it even went higher, I thought it was all just that range for anyone.

my roster

zulux21

dammit I really need more Loki cards

he's great with patch in the survival nodes.
that 1k plus damage and 1k defense goes a long way to speeding things up and keeping you alive, and his new green power is quite useful at creating cascades as it goes off for more damage. I just wish that team up tiles either triggered it, or team up AP wasn't something it would randomly select :/

Spoit

Which is pretty much why I see him as a real threat. At 5 covers he places 7 countdown tiles with 2 being hitman and another 2 being muscle. Those are legit things to need to destroy, but 7 tiles is a bit rough to try and get considering how cheap it'll be to get this ability off. Without the Muscle tiles it wouldn't be too bad though to deal with 1 dude with health who could only do steady damage with timers. With those particulars though...he will be scary. We've all seen what happens when threaten gets off and hitman pops up. It gets real bad.

I still don't see it. In pvp, most matches are over well before then, much less the tiles being destroyed. Hell half my loki tiles usually get destroyed, and that's only really a 1 turn coutndown

Spoit

If you haven't already redeemed your khamala covers, buy the slot, but use it for a lvl 1 max covered juggs right now.

Dalek

Having a pretty shitty day overall. I need Kamala, but because I don't have Kamala-I lwon't be able to earn enough points for Kamala. So backwards. It sucks already that I missed out on Professor X, now I'll miss out on Kamala and Kingpin. Not what someone who's burning out wants to deal with.

Having a pretty shitty day overall. I need Kamala, but because I don't have Kamala-I lwon't be able to earn enough points for Kamala. So backwards. It sucks already that I missed out on Professor X, now I'll miss out on Kamala and Kingpin. Not what someone who's burning out wants to deal with.

As long as you join a midnight est ending bracket when it's like the fourth one down, you can barely do a round of each sub bracket and still win the cover.

It happened to me.™

Does anybody remember the daily reward glitch from about a year ago? Every match resulted in a daily reward, including the introduction of Patch.

That was like...12 months ago and after all that time I finally, FINALLY got my first red Patch tile tonight. Longest color I have ever waited for by far.

You should be able to win the progression without her. It was possible in every other event. You just might not get it until the last sub event.
She is also the season 3000 point reward and a placement award in one of the PvP.

zulux21

That's intentional. It was part of the update.

lame... anyways full update info
Hi, all,

Will here from Demiurge to talk about some changes you can expect in Season XIII.

Here’s the quick summary; more details below:
Higher chances of drawing 3-stars from packs.
Changes to Versus matchmaking. We’re fixing some bugs where certain players can see matches much harder or easier than intended, making some changes to soften the “wall” where all of a sudden you start being matchmade with teams that are much harder, and addressing cases where players new to Versus get attacked an extremely high number of times.
The maximum number of times that +AP boosts can be stacked changes from 3 to 2. We still think that there’s interesting gameplay that comes from +AP boosts, and don’t want to get rid of them, but we’ve come to the conclusion that it’s impossible to balance characters in such a way that they’re fairly matched both when players start with 6 AP in a color and when they don’t.
Changes to Versus progression rewards. The 2-star and 3-star characters and the first 1000 Iso-8 award become easier to get. An additional event pack token has been added to the rewards.

Higher Chances of 3-stars
Most packs have a higher chance of a 3-star, and a lower chance of drawing a 2-star. The exact amount of the change depends on the pack. The magnitude of the change is similar to what it will be in the 1x Heroic pack, where the odds of a 3-star increase by about 66% (they used to make up about 14% of the pack, and now make up about 23% of the pack).

The Deadpool Daily Quest and Standard (500 Iso-8) packs aren’t affected by this change. The Heroic pack and all event packs are affected.

This change will take effect with a patch late in the day Eastern time on 4/2.

Matchmaking Changes
We’re shifting matchmaking calculations to achieve the following aims:
We used to use a persistent, hidden Versus rating to help with matchmaking. There were a number of ways where that could cause some quirkiness where people’s hidden rating gets far off from what we expect, and their matches are much harder or easier than they should be. That hidden rating no longer figures into matchmaking, fixing these issues.
The removal of hidden rating makes it so that purposely losing to get easier fights stops being effective.
Newcomers to PvP stop getting pounded on quite so badly, and retaliation fights are more likely to be within reach.
The flipside to that is that higher-level players see less super-easy targets. You’ll generally see opponents with a minimum difficulty of roughly one star level below you. (Players with maxed 3-star teams will see maxed 2-star teams and stronger, for example.) If there's a shortage of opponents worth a meaningful number of points in this band, you can be matched with easier teams than that. And if you climb high enough in the event, anyone can see you as an opponent, even if they’re much higher level.
The experience of suddenly hitting a wall and seeing much harder teams is reduced. The upper bound on how difficult a team we match you with gradually increases as it becomes harder to find good matches for you, so you can still expect matches to get harder as you climb higher in an event.

This change will be a part of the Versus event starting on the evening of 4/2 and all Versus events that follow. Balance of Power will be unaffected by these changes.

Boost Stacking Change
The Team-Up +AP boost, all-color +AP boost, and 2-color +AP boosts used to be stackable up to 3 times. They can now be stacked up to 2 times.

We’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not possible to balance the game for cases where people are using as much +AP as was available before and cases when they’re not. We still think that +AP boosts are an interesting piece of the game, and we want to keep them available, just reduce their maximum power.

For some of the most highly competitive players, this will have an effect on the speed of matches in Versus. We’re keeping an eye on how this affects Versus scores and, as with all changes that could have an effect on Versus scores, we’ll adjust progression rewards if that proves necessary.

This change will take effect with a patch late in the day Eastern time on 4/2.

Changes to Progression Rewards
The following progression rewards change in Versus:

Old:
200: 250 Iso-8
500: 2-star
650: 1000 Iso-8
800: Event token
900: 3-star

New:
200: 2-star
500: 1000 Iso-8
650: Event token
800: 3-star
900: Event token

This change will be a part of the Versus event starting on the evening of 4/2 and all Versus events that follow.

I still miss the days when you could have +6 ap in 4 colors and +3 ap in the other two colors for 300 iso :(
at least I still have some of

Dalek

So what's the deal with the simulator this season? There are usually "seed teams"-and it just started. Why is everyone I'm seeing already over level 100?

Edit: oh wow, what the fuck-my scaling is all fucked up in PVP. No one under 160. What the hell! I don't understand how people on here say they constantly get rewards and I struggle at nearly everything. How do I get easy brackets??

Top Bottom