• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Mknzy

Her green does more damage overall for 2 less than thors. That's pretty great.

Right, it does more overall damage for less cost, but overall Thor is still going to be the better of the two. Let's look at a 3/5/5 Thor build like I used to run. You have red, costs 8ap dealing 1370 damage and generating 3 yellow tiles, then his yellow, costing 12 AP dealing 2486 damage and generating 9 green tiles almost always causing cascades, then green, costing 14 AP and dealing 4518 damage to one target and 2259 to the other two. The way these abilities interact and fuel each other is what makes them so strong together and makes Lazy Thor one of the best characters in the game.

Now let's look at the new character, again looking at a 3/5/5 build as that is how I would run her. First you have a yellow passive that gives you 487 burst healing for each party member whenever you fire off an ability. This isn't terrible, but not worth a whole lot in the long run as it is a rather small bit of healing, however it is still nice to have. For 8 purple AP you can turn one tile of your choice and 7 additional to green. This has a strong chance to cause cascades and is good green generation for her last power which costs 12ap to deal 3390 to the entire enemy team.

While overall her green deals more damage than Call the Storm, dealing 10170 total damage across 3 targets compared to 9036, and her generation is cheaper, the way I look at it is that the overall cohesion of Thor's abilities, as well as the extra damage you get from his red and yellow compared to the new character. Her yellow passive for healing just doesn't feel in sync with her other abilities, and while the purple is cheaper than Thor's yellow and has one targeted basic tile that will be converted along with the random ones, to me Thor's yellow dealing the damage that it does as well as generating an extra random tile, 9 as opposed to 7+1, makes it well worth the extra 4 AP used to cast it.

So in short, while the new character is strong and solid, I just don't feel like she has the cohesion that Thor has with his abilities.

Ape

Banned
Oh, I absolutely agree. Thor has excellent synergy with all three of his abilities and two is them are good/great damage dealers. Healing has never been a big selling point for me unless it's super op. I'm thinking about hacking my steam account so I can play around with the characters and get to know them better, anyone know how difficult that would be?
E: can we talk about hacking on here?

Dalek

Oh, I absolutely agree. Thor has excellent synergy with all three of his abilities and two is them are good/great damage dealers. Healing has never been a big selling point for me unless it's super op. I'm thinking about hacking my steam account so I can play around with the characters and get to know them better, anyone know how difficult that would be?
E: can we talk about hacking on here?

You should never hack in this game. They have ways of detecting and then your account gets sandboxes permanently.

Mknzy

You should never hack in this game. They have ways of detecting and then your account gets sandboxes permanently.

Actually that might be the right way to go for me. Yeah I will be in the sandbox but I could still play around every now and then and not have to worry about trying to collect every character as they come out. No pressure, full roster at max level, just enjoy the game for what it is.

Bigfoot

That's all I got in me too. The third bracket is stupid hard. I really wanted Squirrel Girl.
I managed to squeak out the Squirrel Girl cover. If you can make it to the Ragnorak essentials and do them, it gives you just enough points for her. Node 37 was impossible so luckily it was just after the essential branch as I'm not beating it.

I did have to sell off a 3* character I had with only one cover and add Ragnorak to my roster to do it but I think it was worth it. Squirrel Girl is looking to be my first 3* that will be fully covered at this rate. I actually have a lot of fun with her green power so I'm on with it.

Bigfoot

So I noticed that if I sell off my maxed 2* Mags I get about half the ISO I put in to him but 550 HP. This must be due to his changes. Is it worth it?

It essential boils down to trading about 35000 ISO for 550 HP.

HP is the harder currency to obtain so I'm thinking of doing it. It wouldn't be too bad to slowly rebuild Mags anyways. What does GAF think?

Ape

Banned
So I noticed that if I sell off my maxed 2* Mags I get about half the ISO I put in to him but 550 HP. This must be due to his changes. Is it worth it?

It essential boils down to trading about 35000 ISO for 550 HP.

HP is the harder currency to obtain so I'm thinking of doing it. It wouldn't be too bad to slowly rebuild Mags anyways. What does GAF think?

It depends on if you want another project or not. HP is much easier to obtain now with the deadpool dailies, so there's always that.

Dalek

I can't seem to beat the node in the 3rd bracket that has a Level 150 Falcon, Level 150 Blade and Level 150 The Hood. I can't even do a dent in these guys.

Bigfoot

I can't seem to beat the node in the 3rd bracket that has a Level 150 Falcon, Level 150 Blade and Level 150 The Hood. I can't even do a dent in these guys.
I had to boost on a few nodes. I boosted on that one and targeted The Hood first and kept the board clear of reds.

raiot

Does anyone have an idea how to beat the last note, the one with XForce, Xavier, Deadpool?
My usual approach for last nodes is: Boost up and Whale them down, but sadly I can't use Deadpool here...

Ape

Banned
I wouldn't say much easier. It averages out to less than a single PvP's worth a week

For me I'd say so. I'm leveling up characters at a much faster pace than before. What I really should have asked though was if he had 1 star characters. You get 3500 ISO a day so you're going to get the required amount to level up a character from 1-94 in 20 days. You're probably not going to have all of Magneto's covers in 20 days, so I'd say that works out for him.

Does anyone have an idea how to beat the last note, the one with XForce, Xavier, Deadpool?
My usual approach for last nodes is: Boost up and Whale them down, but sadly I can't use Deadpool here...

any hints on what your roster looks like?

zulux21

That seems like a node for Loki.

collect black...
let falcon cast his defense and boost once or twice..
use loki's black to switch them to your side (though I suppose this requires 5 black at this time)

murder with lots of offense now :p

Dalek

That seems like a node for Loki.

collect black...
let falcon cast his defense and boost once or twice..
use loki's black to switch them to your side (though I suppose this requires 5 black at this time)

murder with lots of offense now :p

Eh-my Loki isn't combat ready, sadly. Still collecting covers for him.

zulux21

Eh-my Loki isn't combat ready, sadly. Still collecting covers for him.

ah, that is a shame, he comes in handy from time to time (well I use him with patch in survial nodes but still)

anyways it's time for todays random update of info

IW rework is on the way! Revealing powerset a few updates later.

the smaller updates. (However her in-game change will be probably in the middle of next R*)

She still looks like 3/5/5, but of course changes still can come, thats why I'm waiting a bit.

turul said:
Keep in mind that these changes may not be final.

- Yellow: creates a protect tile too.
- Blue: basically unchanged*
- Green: does not lose turn, does not generate AP
- *AP cost, damage output changes: I cannot see those.

So her powers had minor changes. Looks like theye are tweaking AP costs down, but they had to remove AP generation to avoid infinity turns.

Blue and Green should be 5-8 AP cost to make her relevant, with XForce green comparable damage output.
I hope they consider doing bigger changes to her, and wothout totally losing AP generation.

Chaos and Speed, Crime and Brute will cover the two characters that will be released in april.... we will get a female shapeshifter that I showed off the powers to already right before april

Bigfoot

I ended up selling my 2* Mags. Figured the HP would be nice to buy a couple of roster spots and now it gives me another 2* to build up again.

Dalek

I have a ton of HP and I'm considering buying covers for my characters-I'm considering leveling Patch or X-Force. For some reason, I've never gotten many covers for Patch.

my characters:

Patch: Level 45 1/1/1
X-Force: Level 110 2/3/1

If you were me-would you buy ONE cover for X-Force, or TWO covers for Patch?

I'm only on Day 268-so I see I have the following reward coming my way in the future:

Day 295: Patch (green)

Otherwise I'll have to rely on Deadpool Dailys to try to get Patch covers. I see so many people saying Patch is an integral part of their team, so I feel left out.

zulux21

I have a ton of HP and I'm considering buying covers for my characters-I'm considering leveling Patch or X-Force. For some reason, I've never gotten many covers for Patch.

my characters:

Patch: Level 45 1/1/1
X-Force: Level 110 2/3/1

If you were me-would you buy ONE cover for X-Force, or TWO covers for Patch?

I'm only on Day 268-so I see I have the following reward coming my way in the future:

Day 295: Patch (green)

Otherwise I'll have to rely on Deadpool Dailys to try to get Patch covers. I see so many people saying Patch is an integral part of their team, so I feel left out.
personally I wouldn't do either. one cover isn't going to make either character viable to use, I would just save your HP until the character is at the point where that cover will make the difference.
Quicksilver and…Kingpin?

that's the thoughts
I think the rumors are quicksilver will be a 2 star
kingpin will be either a 3 or 4 star
and in May will likely be scarlet witch.

NineH

Did it!
I beat it with 166 Hood, 166 CMags, 151 Punisher.

How high of a level was that node for you? Mine were at level 351 and I used Hulk, GSBW and the Hood and boosted like crazy and hoped I got enough greens and pinks to Sniper Rifle and Deceptive Tactics like there's no tomorrow. Was all worth it to have the correct covers for Blade though.

raiot

Lol I can beat it with level 77-80 characters idk how it's a problem with those guys

I don't know how you would beat the last node with 77-80 characters when their level was 361, 362, 361.

How high of a level was that node for you? Mine were at level 351 and I used Hulk, GSBW and the Hood and boosted like crazy and hoped I got enough greens and pinks to Sniper Rifle and Deceptive Tactics like there's no tomorrow. Was all worth it to have the correct covers for Blade though.
Yeah, i also boosted with 3 to all, 3 to green/black, 3 to yellow/red.
It was quite easy, but i got lucky with a massive cascade right at the start of the match.

jred2k

I got such a shitty 10 Pack. All **s and three Bullseyes in a row. I do need some input on my roster, though. I have:

Human Torch - Black ~ Currently 5/4/4
Black Widow - Black ~ Currently 5/4/4
**Magneto - Blue ~ Currently 4/5/4
Ares - Green ~ Currently 4/5/4
Daken - Blue ~ Currently 5/5/3

Should I use any of the cards I have to switch up my configurations a bit?

zulux21

I don't know how you would beat the last node with 77-80 characters when their level was 361, 362, 361.

if you let me rewind time to a day where there were environment tiles, and 1 star storm was in her original form I could beat that node with a level two level 1s and a level 15 :p (though it would take forever, I would rather have a level 50, a level 94, and someone goofy for the last character)

mreddie

Once the Gauntlet ends...

kamala-mtv-1427380830-png-1ac5c.jpeg

I got such a shitty 10 Pack. All **s and three Bullseyes in a row. I do need some input on my roster, though. I have:

Human Torch - Black ~ Currently 5/4/4
Black Widow - Black ~ Currently 5/4/4
**Magneto - Blue ~ Currently 4/5/4
Ares - Green ~ Currently 4/5/4
Daken - Blue ~ Currently 5/5/3

Should I use any of the cards I have to switch up my configurations a bit?
I would max MMag red and purple. If that is OBW, I max blue and black.

Dalek

Wow-I'm on a gold pull streak lately-2 Storms and a Luke Cage this morning-and then today I pull my first Elektra out of a Heroic Token. : O

Mknzy

Holy shit I did it! I got Squirrel girl in the gauntlet!

Conga-rats. Honestly this is one of the reasons I used to love the Gauntlet. Yeah it was hard as hell, but the feeling of accomplishment when you manage to put a team together that works and break through those hardest nodes and get that last cover....

Top Bottom