• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

I thought you gave up on that strategy a year ago!

It's impressive dedication, but I have to imagine you've dumped a lot of ISO into some less than useful characters.

Well, I have a 166 lazy Thor, patch, hulk, and hood. My other 3/5/5s are:
Invisible woman
Xforce wolverine
Grey black widow
Lazy storm
Black panther
Punisher
IM40
Spider man

I guess I should do storm and Panther?

Well, I have a 166 lazy Thor, patch, hulk, and hood. My other 3/5/5s are:
Invisible woman
Xforce wolverine
Grey black widow
Lazy storm
Black panther
Punisher
IM40
Spider man

I guess I should do storm and Panther?

Ah....I thought you were still literally leveling all 60ish characters together. At least, I think you were doing that last year.

jred2k

Got my Kamala Covers, got the green so she can actually be useful.
Not at one cover, but her yellow seems incredibly useful. I've enjoyed what I've gotten to use of it in the PvP event. The only annoying thing about it is that it tacks on an additional animation to every ability.

I'm sitting at 670 points in the PVP-it's weird how the new matchmaking system seems pretty solid for this PVP...vastly different than the IM40 one.

Actually, I wonder if it's related to the featured ***? I don't have Kamala, but I do have a maxed IM40 which may explain things.

zulux21

who is ready for another new character?
hmYpI6w.png

so as it isn't clear how this work is choice 1 swaps with choice 2, when at 5 covers it swaps 1 with 2 and then 3 with 4

this seems like a solid passive (5 blue matches to get 2k damage to the enemy team is not bad at all), especially if teamed up with another character that uses blue. (daken would get 3 attacks with those 5 matched blue)

this one is decent when you have some locked tiles and weak when you don't, so it's kind of a mixed bag.

Overall this character doesn't seem like a must have, but it seems like it could be a fun character to goof around with.

Also the PVP starting on the 9th will have Kamala Khan covers again so if you are after her you will have another chance (I might play it seriously since it would get her to a usable state for me)

Dalek

Yep-I'm just going to take a break from the game sans DDQ. The PVE and PVP are just so completely fucked up. I'm working so hard to get a prize in PVE and the nodes are impossible, so it's just a waste of time. Really just beyond frustrated now. I'll devote more time to my 3DS backlog I guess.

Anyone have any suggestions for an alternative mobile game? I'm on Android, and would like something to keep me busy like MPQ did. I'll just be sticking around for DDQ, like others have said. Maybe a few months off will do me good.

Dispatch

PAD was my main mobile game for a long time. I wish that MPQ had the same match-making style as the PAD is more fun to actually play.

jred2k

I love it when the AI gets so many cascades that my phone turns off. I have been having miserable luck with that in this Teenage Riot event.

mreddie

who is ready for another new character?

so as it isn't clear how this work is choice 1 swaps with choice 2, when at 5 covers it swaps 1 with 2 and then 3 with 4

this seems like a solid passive (5 blue matches to get 2k damage to the enemy team is not bad at all), especially if teamed up with another character that uses blue. (daken would get 3 attacks with those 5 matched blue)

this one is decent when you have some locked tiles and weak when you don't, so it's kind of a mixed bag.

Overall this character doesn't seem like a must have, but it seems like it could be a fun character to goof around with.

Also the PVP starting on the 9th will have Kamala Khan covers again so if you are after her you will have another chance (I might play it seriously since it would get her to a usable state for me)

Wanda?

Dalek

It's quicksilver! For fucks sake this is going to be another grueling PVE then with everyone grinding to get the new character. I'll skip out this time.

zulux21

It's quicksilver! For fucks sake this is going to be another grueling PVE then with everyone grinding to get the new character. I'll skip out this time.

I didn't think it was him because he was supposed to be a two star.

at the same time wanda was likely going to be a 4 star so she didn't quite feel right for a 3 star either.

I guess they decided that quicksilver should be 3 star after the leaked info.

[EMAIL="
CSkCf23.png
[

Bigfoot

Too bad. It would have been nice to have a new 2*. I think I have more fun building up 2*s than 3* due to the way I decided to play this game early on. I sold my 2* Mags when they were giving HP for him and now it is fun building him back up again. At least it is a feasible goal that can be done in a month or two, unlike the 3*s that take a year or more to max.

Maybe I will actually have to give Moonstone and Bullseye a spot on my roster just for fun. ;)

Dalek

Too bad. It would have been nice to have a new 2*. I think I have more fun building up 2*s than 3* due to the way I decided to play this game early on. I sold my 2* Mags when they were giving HP for him and now it is fun building him back up again. At least it is a feasible goal that can be done in a month or two, unlike the 3*s that take a year or more to max.

Maybe I will actually have to give Moonstone and Bullseye a spot on my roster just for fun. ;)

I got an Iron Man cover out of a Heroic Token today and it completed my covers for him-my first maxed out 3 star and I'm on day 282.

zulux21

personally I wouldn't mind more 2 stars if they just abolished 1 stars and shifted everything down... as it stands I wouldn't want any more 2 stars as the hunt for them is to easy to be interesting and they don't scale well enough to be all that useful once you have moved to 3 star characters.

zulux21

If people haven't noticed quicksilver has been changed since I posted his info.
Edit: Updates from pre-release info:
Idle Hands - AP cost raised from 9 to 11. Damage increased with a large bump at level 5. Removed extra swap from Level 5.
Fists of Fury - AP cost raised from 9 to 10. Damage increased with a large bump at level 5. Removed extra critical tile from level 5.

which even though his blue move seems somewhat fun, his two other moves are quite pathetic now and he doesn't seem all that interesting to use now. Which all in all isn't bad as I can just get a single cover for him and not care this way.

NineH

Any of you guys get hit with the disappearing Taco Tokens issue? I've lost 48 taco tokens, a couple prodigal son tokens and I'm sure I had some smash hit tokens that are now missing as well. Oh D3, will you ever cease to be incompetent?

zulux21

Any of you guys get hit with the disappearing Taco Tokens issue? I've lost 48 taco tokens, a couple prodigal son tokens and I'm sure I had some smash hit tokens that are now missing as well. Oh D3, will you ever cease to be incompetent?

I can't say I have, but in general I just use my tokens right away as I know they won't give me anything but iso no matter when I use them so I might as well use them now :p

NineH

I can't say I have, but in general I just use my tokens right away as I know they won't give me anything but iso no matter when I use them so I might as well use them now :p

That's true but I was stockpiling the tacos for when iron fist is in the taco tokens then I'll go hog wild hoping for some iron fist covers. Something funny is going on with the tokens though because now I am missing some daredevil pvp tokens too.

That's true but I was stockpiling the tacos for when iron fist is in the taco tokens then I'll go hog wild hoping for some iron fist covers. Something funny is going on with the tokens though because now I am missing some daredevil pvp tokens too.

Email support. They are pretty good.

Taco (and regular) tokens are tied to the event that they were won in. Today's Taco tokens for example, will yield a higher percentage chance of getting Beast, LazyCap, Falcon, Psylocke & Sentry. If you hold on to them until an Iron Fist tournament their drop rate will not change.

Ape

Banned
Taco (and regular) tokens are tied to the event that they were won in. Today's Taco tokens for example, will yield a higher percentage chance of getting Beast, LazyCap, Falcon, Psylocke & Sentry. If you hold on to them until an Iron Fist tournament their drop rate will not change.

So he can only get Beast, Cap, Falcon, Betsy and Sentry out of them no matter how long he holds on to them?

NineH

Email support. They are pretty good.
I already did a few days ago but if the D3 forums are anything to go by, I'm in the same boat with quite a few other people. It was mentioned the missing tokens will be fixed via patch but that seems really questionable.

My understanding of the taco tokens is that they come in two different batches as one is always active and the other is in your stockpile. As the prizes in the DPD changes, the taco token batches switch places and then their current covers change into whatever the featured characters are in that weeks DPD's are.

zulux21

New character updates coming, on my phone so no link. X force is dead

I was expecting some with the new wave of decent characters.

changes to inviso woman don't look bad, she might be useable now.

she feels closer to a 4 star now, but still might not be worth it

his green move really didn't need a nerf his black move did though, but it feels like they went a bit far.

quick glance it's a boost but I don't think it's enough to care

seems more interesting would have to look closer if he seems usable

hmmm removes her healing move, but 6 green ap to remove all of two colors ap from the enemy isn't a horrible thing

characters are getting more health in general
Beast - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Black Panther - Old: 8,500 - New: 9,690
Black Widow 3* - Old: 5,950 - New: 8,075
Blade - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Bullseye - Old: 2,460 - New: 3,649
Captain America 2* - Old: 4,900 - New: 5,586
Captain America 3* - Old: 8,500 - New: 9,690
Captain Marvel 3* - Old: 8,500 - New: 9,690
Captain Marvel 2* - Old: 4,900 - New: 5,586
Colossus - Old: 10,200 - New: 10,710
Cyclops 3* - Old: 7,650 - New: 9,265
Daredevil - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Deadpool - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Doctor Doom - Old: 8,500 - New: 9,690
Doctor Octopus - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Elektra - Old: 10,960 - New: 13,974
Falcon - Old: 5,950 - New: 8,075
Gamora - Old: 8,500 - New: 9,690
Hawkeye 2* - Old: 3,430 - New: 4,361
Human Torch 2* - Old: 3,430 - New: 4,361
Human Torch 3* - Old: 5,950 - New: 8,075
Invisible Woman - Old: 8,220 - New: 13,015
Iron Man 3* - Old: 8,500 - New: 9,690
Kamala Khan - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Kingpin - Old: 13,700 - New: 15,618
Luke Cage - Old: 8,500 - New: 9,690
Magneto 3* - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Magneto 2* - Old: 3,920 - New: 4,998
Moonstone - Old: 4,900 - New: 5,586
Mystique - Old: 5,950 - New: 8,075
Nick Fury - Old: 9,590 - New: 13,015
Psylocke - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Punisher - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Quicksilver - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Ragnarok - Old: 10,200 - New: 10,710
Rocket & Groot - Old: 10,200 - New: 10,710
Sentry - Old: 10,200 - New: 10,710
She-Hulk - Old: 10,200 - New: 10,710
Spider-man 3* - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Spider-man 2* - Old: 3,920 - New: 4,998
Squirrel Girl - Old: 6,800 - New: 8,670
Star-Lord - Old: 10,960 - New: 13,974
Storm 3* - Old: 5,100 - New: 7,565
Thor 4* - Old: 16,440 - New: 17,262
Wolverine 2* - Old: 3,920 - New: 4,998

most of the changes seem fine, though it drives home the point why I don't care about the 4 star game at this time.

also in the leak thread it is sounding likely that the hood will have his ap stealing reduced in the next wave of character updates.

zulux21

Hot tamale that looks like good stuff. Super glad to hear about health boosts and cheaper ISO leveling.

it's only sorta cheaper iso leveling from what I see there

basically it's still gonna take say 10k iso to fully level something (not actual number much higher number needed)

but the lower levels will cost less and the higher levels will cost more.

i mean it could just be a cost reduction for lower levels, but it seems unlikely.

Spoit

it's only sorta cheaper iso leveling from what I see there

basically it's still gonna take say 10k iso to fully level something (not actual number much higher number needed)

but the lower levels will cost less and the higher levels will cost more.

i mean it could just be a cost reduction for lower levels, but it seems unlikely.

They clarified it. The lower levels are going down, but the higher ones aren't going up. It's actually a net reduction in cost

zulux21

They clarified it. The lower levels are going down, but the higher ones aren't going up. It's actually a net reduction in cost

ah that is nice, though I did see that no character levels will change, so if your character is level 100 they will stay at level 100 even if the iso to get to level 100 would get you to 105 now.

on the plus side for me, I rarely level up characters I am not actively using so most of my 3 stars are 60 or lower

NineH

also in the leak thread it is sounding likely that the hood will have his ap stealing reduced in the next wave of character updates.

That sounds worse than the disemboweling of X-Force. Loki will be next if The Hood is already on the chopping block.

zulux21

That sounds worse than the disemboweling of X-Force. Loki will be next if The Hood is already on the chopping block.

There have been talks of the hood being nerfed for a while. While there is a chance of loki being next his AP steal isn't nearly as stable as the hoods.

Ape

Banned
How do you guys even confidently level people up in this game anymore lol

Loki to me is a perfect character. This was a perfect time for an extended break.

zulux21

How do you guys even confidently level people up in this game anymore lol

Loki to me is a perfect character. This was a perfect time for an extended break.

I leveled up patch a long time ago and just continue to use him :p
I also have black panther and daken leveled as they are good but not great characters.

basically look at power rankings, level up 12-6 not the top 5 :p

Wow, those are some changes. I'm for the most part okay with it all, even if X-Force gets a nerf. Might start seeing some different maxed teams in PvP.

Bigfoot

In an easy bracket and Top 10 so far. I think I can easily get Top 20 and maybe Top 10 if I put in the work. Is QuickSilver worth the effort?

I just read the note about the pending changes and noticed the comment about an increased sell price for MN Mags. Mine isn't leveled, but I can still get 14K in ISO and 350 in HP. Considering I haven't used him in over a year it's probably worth doing-do most folks here sell their ** characters when they have a boosted price?

zulux21

I just read the note about the pending changes and noticed the comment about an increased sell price for MN Mags. Mine isn't leveled, but I can still get 14K in ISO and 350 in HP. Considering I haven't used him in over a year it's probably worth doing-do most folks here sell their ** characters when they have a boosted price?

i usually sell mine. 2 stars are easy to get covers for, HP on the other hand is not super easy to get.

Top Bottom