• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Alright, so I've started playing this a bit and I have a question.

There's an alliance running at my workplace, so I'd love to join it, but apparently the button to join alliances isn't showing up on my device?

Is there some requirement you're supposed to do to be able to join alliances? I'm at the Venom part of the campaign and I'm stuck since my ISO-8 income is pitifully low.
You should have a grey button with 3 little people on it in the top right corner. Click there and then the search tab.

Dalek

There's 2 bright sides to this.

1. You avoided the dreaded 10 2* 10 pack
2. Cyclops is a decent character. At least you didn't get Doc Ock or Beast

Yeah I can now level up Cyke past 100. I've been doing Birdie's method of leveling, so it's going to take me a while. I have about 5 characters at level 110, and my other 3 stars that CAN be leveled up are around 95.

zulux21

UltronGames_big.jpg

ultron will "infect" the contest storyline of Contest of Champions, for example, while Marvel Puzzle Quest will offer Hulkbuster Iron Man and Scarlet Witch as in-game prizes for players who defeat Ultron in a Boss Battle event.

hopefully it won't be to tedious.

Dalek

I just got Kamala at 3000. I hope I can reach the ten pack.

Good luck!

Yeah I'm imaging something like playing nonstop for 18 hours to get a token that gives you a 0.4% chance to get into a bracket where if you come in the top 10 you get a token that gives you a 0.1% chance to get Scarlet Witch.

Scarlet Witch will then be required for the next event where the top 50 people get a Hulkbuster.

Decided to push for my 10 pack tonight, just got it. Aside from both a Doom cover and a Luke Cage cover I didn't need, I did get a yellow Star-Lord, making him 2/3/1 for me now. So there's that.

Dalek

Decided to push for my 10 pack tonight, just got it. Aside from both a Doom cover and a Luke Cage cover I didn't need, I did get a yellow Star-Lord, making him 2/3/1 for me now. So there's that.

Damn-I'm jealous of that haul. Don't have Star-Lord, and looking to level up Luke and Doom.

zulux21

Yeah...uh...have you played this game?

:p

well ideally I don't have to do 10 hours of grinding to get to the battle, hopefully just the battle is stupid hard.

though two roster spots at once is gonna be a pain :/

so if this is true
turul wrote:
Ultron Prime (probably unplayable)
- (every turn passive) creates a "drop tile", which deals damage when it arrives to the bottom row.
- (every turn passive) destroys the bottom row
- cannot be stunned

Ultron Ultimate (probably playable)
- AOE DMG
- creates CD tiles which stun + drain strongest AP
- (every turn passive) Copies a friendly special tile next to the original. (atk/prot/strike tile)
- cannot be stunned

The new PVE will be at least two chapters, meeting both Ultron versions above.
I know who not to invest in as while he is going to be so broken, there is no way they won't nerf him quickly.

zulux21

wanda
Wanda runs Purple/Green/Blue with each of her abilities taking on a different aspect of her chaos magic. Her Purple, Reality Crush, is her heavy hitter that deals damage and stuns opponents facing off against it. This attack deals heavy damage to the entire enemy team then stuns one enemy for a couple of turns. At max level her attack hits harder and stuns longer than MPQ fan favorite Storm (Classic)'s Wind Storm. And since it uses Purple AP to do it, it provides a damage outlet on a color that generally doesn’t have one.

The Queen of Chaos’ Green ability is Hex Bolt, which is a somewhat chaotic—of course—utility spell. Her Bolts are relatively cheap at 8 AP and destroy a single basic tile. At that point, it then destroys a number of surrounding tiles that will pop any Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles that it happens to hit. In the process, it will also give the AP from the destroyed tiles, so it can be used not only to get rid of enemy special tiles but also as a tactical AP generator. At max level, it even gains the ability for the surrounding tiles destroyed to include Countdown or other more unique special tiles, letting Scarlet Witch deal with just about anything the enemy can throw at the board.

Lastly, Wanda’s Blue ability is a boon to both her Reality Crush ability and anyone else that uses Purple AP for their own abilities. Arcane Incantation, a passive ability, creates a random Purple Countdown tile each turn if Wanda doesn’t already have one out. After a few turns, it explodes, creating Purple tiles in surrounding squares. The resulting tiles will create easy to make matches—if they don’t match themselves—causing cascades and more AP generation. The end result is a somewhat slow and chaotic escalation of Purple AP generation for the team, which can then result in the explosion of a Reality Crush down the line.
sounds potentially powerful.

a bit more info about events and iron man
Joe Fletcher: We’ll be running two sets of this event back-to-back with each going for about four and a half days apiece and starting on April 24. The first run will be rewarding Wanda herself, while the second run will allow her to get in on the Avengers fun as a featured character with the reward being the crowd pleasing Iron Man: Hulkbuster which we will have more info on at our D3 forums in the coming days.

NineH

Don't you love it when you get a relatively weak PvP bracket? I was able to win the Quicksilver PvP even after their horrible MMR tinkering. Hope I enter more easier brackets or they fix their matchmaking to make it less of a slog.

zulux21

Looks like the Ultron event is alliance based? GAFvengers you better not let me down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGGLQV1k0Is

we should maybe
A. find a 20th member
B. try to get rid of the couple people that don't seem to play anymore.

I imagine it won't be super hard for our alliance, but we will see, I will likely participate decently, but I won't devote my weekend to it.

also there better be damn good rewards with them wanting us to grind ultron 8 times.... with 8 hour cool downs unless you take out one of 5 other nodes :/'

quicksilver is super required.

Dalek

we should maybe
A. find a 20th member

I imagine it won't be super hard for our alliance, but we will see, I will likely participate decently, but I won't devote my weekend to it.

Yeah I'm going on a family getaway this weekend, but I should have lots of downtime.

Boot those freeloaders from our Alliance!

According to that video, Quicksilver is really crucial to this event. Maybe I should buy an extra card for him. :/

zulux21

I find it hard to believe that bagsilver would ever be important for anything

the way the battle is designed there is the main node that after you face it cools down for 8 hours.
around that node are 5 nodes that if you beat them you can unlock the main node again and each of those nodes go on cool down for 8 hours when you beat them.

those 5 nodes will each have a required character from the avengers (nick fury may be one of them) each time you beat the node and it refreshes it will require a different character, of those node at any given time 2 of them will require quicksilver. thus if you don't have quicksilver you will be only able to do 3 out of 5 nodes.

as for rewards, the last 3 of the 8 prime battles each contain a wanda cover.

the event is supposed to give out a lot of packs and the packs are supposed to be a lot like the anniversary packs, including the 50hp for a pack each day thing. they are supposed to have a good chance of getting wanda, and some chunks of 10k iso in them, and a low chance of 2,900 hero points.

swapping alliances during the event will likely make you miss out on the event rewards in general.

also for the sake of it
bottom of the alliance in season
bottom of the alliance for pve

confirming what I thought, anilones 19 and xenocide haven't played in a long time... and the founder of the faction should maybe contact support before the event starts so we can get some people who will play in there.

Triz

we should maybe
A. find a 20th member

also there better be damn good rewards with them wanting us to grind ultron 8 times.... with 8 hour cool downs unless you take out one of 5 other nodes :/'

quicksilver is super required.
I can get my buddy and I to join. Its just been us since inception and Im tired of not getting any alliance rewards worth a shit. He has a crazy high level roster with a maxed nick fury and wolverine. an almost 200 Invisible woman and 6 other maxed 3 stars.

I have 6 maxed 3 stars along with 12 other 3 and 4 stars in the 100-150 range.

zulux21

I can get my buddy and I to join. Its just been us since inception and Im tired of not getting any alliance rewards worth a shit. He has a crazy high level roster with a maxed nick fury and wolverine. an almost 200 Invisible woman and 6 other maxed 3 stars.

I have 6 maxed 3 stars along with 12 other 3 and 4 stars in the 100-150 range.

we have one opening right now, if we can get rid of the two that haven't played in a while we would have 2 more, I suppose I can contact support, as far as I know if they have logged in recently they won't remove commanders in general so it can't hurt.

I sent an email about the players, ideally I will get a response today. not sure how fast CS is with them when there isn't a huge issue going down lol.

we have one opening right now, if we can get rid of the two that haven't played in a while we would have 2 more, I suppose I can contact support, as far as I know if they have logged in recently they won't remove commanders in general so it can't hurt.

I sent an email about the players, ideally I will get a response today. not sure how fast CS is with them when there isn't a huge issue going down lol.

Thanks for doing the legwork here.

Sounds like a super fun event. Looking forward to everyone bugging everyone here in the thread.

XD

Also, I got 3 qs covers. SO I GOT Y'ALL.

zulux21

Thanks for doing the legwork here.

Sounds like a super fun event. Looking forward to everyone bugging everyone here in the thread.

XD

Also, I got 3 qs covers. SO I GOT Y'ALL.

I only have one qs cover... which is all I cared about as he will be a useless space in a required node anyways so I didn't care to get more covers.

so.... holy crap
they demoted them already lol
took 5 minutes.

I am going to kick both of them meaning we have 3 openings in the gaf-vengers alliance. Just let me know if you want to join or any other commander.

Wow!! Thanks MPQ!

I haven't been to d3 in ages, it's crazy how pro some brah's are. There's like MUCH drama about people with PVP alliances and PVE alliances. Like, wow. Serioos.

Dalek

Wow!! Thanks MPQ!

I haven't been to d3 in ages, it's crazy how pro some brah's are. There's like MUCH drama about people with PVP alliances and PVE alliances. Like, wow. Serioos.

Yeah I go there to see if my suspicions are correct sometimes about screwy matchmaking or scaling. I'm there for about 10 minutes and then I'm...

fLgQxaI.gif

zulux21

Yeah I go there to see if my suspicions are correct sometimes about screwy matchmaking or scaling. I'm there for about 10 minutes and then I'm...

http://i.imgur.com/fLgQxaI.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I just check up on character discussion from time to time, thus where most of the info I post is from.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
I'm mostly skipping the simulator event, nothing takes my fancy.

I'm on for top 25 for the season though if I continue pushing. Normally I'm only top 2000 or something.

zulux21

I'm mostly skipping the simulator event, nothing takes my fancy.

I'm on for top 25 for the season though if I continue pushing. Normally I'm only top 2000 or something.

I can't blame you for skipping the simulator event. I just did enough to get entered into the event and one of the waves so it counts as a loss for my overall rankings :p

zulux21

I've applied, IGN is Stevie E.

and added. I know someone mentioned bringing their friend over so that would take up the last two spots, as the same time I know of another member that can be kicked for one last person if need be as the next event isn't an iron fist event so it's unlikely he will play much :p

and added. I know someone mentioned bringing their friend over so that would take up the last two spots, as the same time I know of another member that can be kicked for one last person if need be as the next event isn't an iron fist event so it's unlikely he will play much :p

We need more thread hype like this. Loving the return to GAFVengers glory days!

zulux21

Sroc81 is my buddy he's queuing up now.

alright you are both added and we are back up to 20 members.

I'm also mostly sitting this Simulator out. Wanna get an easy enough bracket for Ultron. Gotta get me a Witch.
there is no easy bracket for ultron, it's purely an alliance event.
We need more thread hype like this. Loving the return to GAFVengers glory days!

I don't see us getting back to the glory days (for starters I doubt I will go back to trying for 1k and 1st in pvp again :p), but it will be nice if the thread is active again.

Triz

Thank you kindly for the add.

Its so hard in PVP now with the new ranking. I think it takes your buffed starting character and pairs you up with pay to win guys. My Mystique was only 127 but right off the bat I had no seed teams to fight. All Low Level Mystiques with 270 She Thor and some other maxed char. Drives me nuts.

Dalek

Thank you kindly for the add.

Its so hard in PVP now with the new ranking. I think it takes your buffed starting character and pairs you up with pay to win guys. My Mystique was only 127 but right off the bat I had no seed teams to fight. All Low Level Mystiques with 270 She Thor and some other maxed char. Drives me nuts.

Same here. I started the event and every team was 160. I had to lose a game or two before manageable teams started to appear.

Everyone is trying to get their end of season points in the simulator. I got attacked for 400 points since yesterday. Got the ten pack already, so I don't care.

I'm near the bottom of PVE because I haven't been trying too hard. I'll put in some work on Ultron with you guys, though. However, I don't have Quicksilver - will that be a problem?

Top Bottom