• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Yep, I sold mine and started building a new one. Still thinking about Mystique though. She would be much harder to replace. On the other hand, I hardly use her.

Malmorian

Fuck me. X-Force Wolverine is my best character at lvl 125 and 5/2/5 and now they nerf him? I know Bag Lady needed it badly, and sure I can understand dumbing down the Black as it was ridiculously good...but green?

Honestly don't know what i'm going to do with my roster now

I don't know how you people have so much ISO sitting around! Whenever I get to 10-20k, I use it to level dudes up.

Just sold MNMags. Haven't used him in a while, and netted 35k ISO and 500 or so HP. Much more useful than him taking up a spot. The 4 2-stars I have left are enough, I think.

Now I have the ISO to max out LCap and LThor, but maybe I should level up some of my other 3 stars instead?

zulux21

Fuck me. X-Force Wolverine is my best character at lvl 125 and 5/2/5 and now they nerf him? I know Bag Lady needed it badly, and sure I can understand dumbing down the Black as it was ridiculously good...but green?

Honestly don't know what i'm going to do with my roster now

look at what 3 stars you have that are close to being useful, and then debate really hard if you are going to sell your xforce to get the hp and iso to level up one of them.

in other news some new teases...
Wanda
Hulkbuster
The Vision
Ultron
are all characters that should be coming, but the next one is
The upcoming one will be "advanced Colossus"

Red Power / Normal - Deals 5000* damage and destroys a random cross of tiles.
Red Power / Mode B - Removes up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles. Deals 5000* damage per tile.
Red Power / Mode C - Deals 5000* damage to the enemy team.

unknown color powers:
- makes CD tile switching on Mode B, + ??? damage reduction (only to self)
- makes CD tile switching on Mode C, + ??? more damage dealt (only by self)
(if you cast one, the other CD dissapears)

*5000 damage may be just a draft

zulux21

Taking a breather since I got boned on getting anymore Kamala covers and failing to get QS.

heh I forgot to go back and participate in the last pvp thing that had her covers... I ended up in 129th and could have easily gotten a top 25. though to be fair I am not sure I was going to bother leveling her at all anyways as while she is fun, I already have a black panther iron fist combo.

I've got one open slot after selling MNMags. My one-year anniversary Devil Dinos are coming - should I bother with that one? Or is one of the new characters markedly better?

zulux21

I've got one open slot after selling MNMags. My one-year anniversary Devil Dinos are coming - should I bother with that one? Or is one of the new characters markedly better?

on one hand devil dino in his current state is pretty terrible
on the other hand there is a decent chance he will get his time to shine later this year for a few months before they nerf him back to pointlessness.

Iron fist is the only recent release that is really solid, ms marvel is pretty decent, the newest character isn't very good though.

I have a feeling wanda will be decent though, and the new advanced Colossus character could be quite strong depending on how their mechanics work.

zulux21

Pulled a cyclops out of my stockpiled tacos. Have no idea how these things work.

to my understanding the tokens are locked in what you can get when you get them. They just pile up in a single stack despite being effectively different tokens...

Ape

Banned
to my understanding the tokens are locked in what you can get when you get them. They just pile up in a single stack despite being effectively different tokens...

He was pulled from a token stockpiled from the last two weeks, definitely Not from the last time he was a featured character. I don't even remember when that was. There were six in my stockpile and he was the only gold. Idk man.

zulux21

He was pulled from a token stockpiled from the last two weeks, definitely Not from the last time he was a featured character. I don't even remember when that was. There were six in my stockpile and he was the only gold. Idk man.

I am not sure either, when ever the tokens are brought up they like to get all technical and instead of a nice clear answer start babling on about how they tested them and they should work like this but sometimes like this ect.

I just use mine as I get them,

To the point I'm getting too many characters and no space for them. Have a quicksilver and a mystique sitting there. Coins are still way too rare to come across. I'm at 46 covers. Not sure what to do. Had a beast the other day too and just had to sell it. Wish the covers didn't have expiration dates.

zulux21

To the point I'm getting too many characters and no space for them. Have a quicksilver and a mystique sitting there. Coins are still way too rare to come across. I'm at 46 covers. Not sure what to do. Had a beast the other day too and just had to sell it. Wish the covers didn't have expiration dates.

step one is trim your one/two stars down to the bare min.

in other new the health changes makes the dead pool stuff take quite a bit longer for me :/

Just got me a Quicksilver from the PvE progression. Still gotta work to get my season's 10 pack, too. Like 900 pts away with 9 days to go.

zulux21

so next three characters are likely
Vision, Hulkbuster, Scarlet

Vision was the one with the 3 different modes previously talked about.

scarlet details
kmmknZB.png

the new PVE will have a "bossfight" with each Avengers(2) member. So its wise to collect QS or SW, or IMHB

Ultron comes as sentries as goons, an unplayable Boss, and a collectable.

so I know QS is quicksilver, SW is scarlet witch, I am not sure who IMHB is though. I would guess Iron Man but I am not sure what the HB stands for

Ape

Banned
so next three characters are likely
Vision, Hulkbuster, Scarlet

Vision was the one with the 3 different modes previously talked about.

scarlet details

so I know QS is quicksilver, SW is scarlet witch, I am not sure who IMHB is though. I would guess Iron Man but I am not sure what the HB stands for

Looks like Iron Man Hulk Buster. That would line up very well with the movies considering Vision, Wanda and Pietro are all being churned out as well. Looks like we will be getting Ant Man sooner or later based on the devs strategy.

zulux21

Looks like Iron Man Hulk Buster. That would line up very well with the movies considering Vision, Wanda and Pietro are all being churned out as well. Looks like we will be getting Ant Man sooner or later based on the devs strategy.

ant man would indeed likely be coming sometime before the movie. I would also assume that Jessica Jones will be added around the time the netflix series hits, and ideally
(the purple man) also gets added looking close to that, and not with purple skin... so I can pretend The Doctor is in the marvel universe >.>;

It looks like Invisible Woman's blue->green combo could finally make her a decent character. Still not sure if I should dump any ISO into her but nice to see her appear to be...maybe useful?

the health changes makes the dead pool stuff take quite a bit longer for me :/

That's it! I was wondering why today's challenge felt like such a slog. The ** battle against *** opponents specifically seemed to take forever.

Dispatch

It didn't take any longer for me, but I use Lazy Cap, Falcon, and the Hood. By that final battle, everyone is stunned or dead pretty quickly, and I don't take much damage.

I now await the inevitable nerf.

It didn't take any longer for me, but I use Lazy Cap, Falcon, and the Hood. By that final battle, everyone is stunned or dead pretty quickly, and I don't take much damage.

I now await the inevitable nerf.

Lazy Thor, Falcon and Blade for me. Hardly have time to do Falcon's mass shielding before everyone's dead.

I go LCap, LThor and OBW. Keeps the countdowns at bay while building up to some serious damage that wipes the 2nd and 4th rounds in no time.

I love that we all have different teams. IM40, xforce and gsbw for me. IM40 takes out rounds 2 and 4 with his blue while he other two farm AP and eliminate the goons.

jred2k

I go ** Thor, OBW, and ** Daken. OBW controls countdown tiles, Daken gives damage boosts with his strike tiles and Thor wipes waves two and four.

zulux21

I go with the good old patch, 3 star daken, and loki.

daken just builds strike tiles and leaves a cheap attack, and patch and loki should be obvious.

Dalek

Steve Rogers, OBW and ** Storm for me. I just start sucking down purples and blues as fast as I can, red builds up naturally-and then unleash lightning and throwing shields in rounds 2 and 4. Works like a charm.

Ape

Banned
Tried and true Ares, OBW and MNow Mags. Ares kills the character waves and the other two take care of goons. Easy.

I love that we all have different teams. IM40, xforce and gsbw for me. IM40 takes out rounds 2 and 4 with his blue while he other two farm AP and eliminate the goons.

I love to see all of these team makeups. I sometimes have no idea what kind of teams to make and what works together well. Thanks!

I go ** Thor, OBW, and ** Daken. OBW controls countdown tiles, Daken gives damage boosts with his strike tiles and Thor wipes waves two and four.

Get some 3*, homey!

arguably that would be the reason they are doing the deadpool stuff :p

It's so hard for me to imagine coming up in today's MPQ world. Remember when we started and your character would heal fully if you leveled them up? That was super useful back then.

And when you could have 2* Storm just wreck entire teams by baiting them with some shit-tier character to damage? Good times. I feel like an old man.

shaowebb

I go Patch/C.Mags/Loki

Basically a lot of damage multipliers and shields out the yin yang with Magneto able to do a lot of quick damage. Between his blue and loki's shuffling purple you'd be surprised at how much AP I generally keep...plus Loki's purple nets a lot of damage once multipliers are in play so its a lot of FAST damage too. I usually finish with close to my starting health with that team unless I get a bad board and hit with a lot of those power in numbers attacks in the first wave.

jred2k

I love to see all of these team makeups. I sometimes have no idea what kind of teams to make and what works together well. Thanks!

Get some 3*, homey!

My only *** with maxed covers is GSBW. My roster is building up slowly, but in the mean time that combo works every time so I'm sticking with it.

NOICE.

Happened to be up at like 4 AM this morning so I hopped into Gamora PVP ending at 10.

Ended up with a sweet sweet 3rd place, IIRC my best placement ever. 3 Quicksilver covers.

LOVE his profile pic.

Also put my 5k into doubling down on my insane Raise All Characs plan. I tried focusing on two main three stars for a while and it didn't really put me in any better of a position than doing all of them. So now, with the amped up trickiness to Deadpool's Daily, I'm not just doing 3 stars anymore.

I'M LEVELING UP IT ALL.

Ape

Banned
NOICE.

Happened to be up at like 4 AM this morning so I hopped into Gamora PVP ending at 10.

Ended up with a sweet sweet 3rd place, IIRC my best placement ever. 3 Quicksilver covers.

LOVE his profile pic.

Also put my 5k into doubling down on my insane Raise All Characs plan. I tried focusing on two main three stars for a while and it didn't really put me in any better of a position than doing all of them. So now, with the amped up trickiness to Deadpool's Daily, I'm not just doing 3 stars anymore.

I'M LEVELING UP IT ALL.

Aren't they cheapening the ISO requirement for leveling up characters? Maybe you should hold off on spending your ISO for right now.

zulux21

It's so hard for me to imagine coming up in today's MPQ world. Remember when we started and your character would heal fully if you leveled them up? That was super useful back then.

And when you could have 2* Storm just wreck entire teams by baiting them with some shit-tier character to damage? Good times. I feel like an old man.

I didn't start until the PC version came, so it was right after those things.

I at least remember Rag's original form of stupidness lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't recommend a Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Patch combo enough for the Deadpool Dailies.

Crank the purples and greens while against mooks, when the heroes come out, pop green then purple until you're on the third set (second of mooks), crank purple and greens again, do the same on phase 4.

I can't recommend a Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Patch combo enough for the Deadpool Dailies.

Crank the purples and greens while against mooks, when the heroes come out, pop green then purple until you're on the third set (second of mooks), crank purple and greens again, do the same on phase 4.

That does sound rather enticing...

This was fun!

Only drag was Doc disarming my traps with his Fists.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This was fun!

Only drag was Doc disarming my traps with his Fists.

What's nice is that the bonus abilities (DD's reds, Spider-Man's yellows, and DD/Spidey Blue) all help a lot as well. I've yet to deal with a Deadpool Daily 3-star event that this team can't fix. Those shinobis are a pain in the ass but if you keep the purples flowing you can keep it manageable.

TimeKillr

Alright, so I've started playing this a bit and I have a question.

There's an alliance running at my workplace, so I'd love to join it, but apparently the button to join alliances isn't showing up on my device?

Is there some requirement you're supposed to do to be able to join alliances? I'm at the Venom part of the campaign and I'm stuck since my ISO-8 income is pitifully low.

Top Bottom