• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

I'm right there with you buddy. Other than ISO I've won diddly squat out of this competition. Even the prize packs just give me 2 stars. It's my lot in life I guess. I see other people talking about getting 3 3-stars right off the bat and I know somehow the game is against me.

I will make you feel better. I've not only gotten crap from the event tokens, but also all 2 stars from my ten pack.

Dalek

I've done all I can for now, guys. Everything else is locked down for now. I hope we can at least get 2 Wandas.

By the way, I got a big smile on my face today when my login bonus was the full 20 players. :)

I will make you feel better. I've not only gotten crap from the event tokens, but also all 2 stars from my ten pack.

Yeeesh. I got one Gold in my ten pack.

I've done all I can for now, guys. Everything else is locked down for now. I hope we can at least get 2 Wandas.

By the way, I got a big smile on my face today when my login bonus was the full 20 players. :)

Yeeesh. I got one Gold in my ten pack.

I think we can at least open all the Prime nodes. We have plenty of time.

Dalek

YZrZJSU.jpg

Everything is locked for me.

Sadist

So I beat Ultron (depleted all of his health) and the Ultron Prime event won't unlock.

What's up with that? I completed round 1...

Edit: oh wait there it is

I'll never get a cover all by my lonely self

mreddie

If you are on your old alliance leaderboard, then we need to find someone for the 20th spot or the final rounds might be very difficult.

You guys are on Round 5 and I'm on Round 2, yeah, I'm stuck with the deadweights, let me go, I don't wanna stop you guys conquering this.

I was grinding my 10 pack and just got it. Sitting on 29 non standard covers now. Anybody got odds on whether or not I pull more than one ***?

I can return focus to Ultron now. I am only 14th in gafvengers so I need to do more.

Dalek

God Damn man. Feed The System is the cheapest shit. How am I supposed to deal with two Flyers at the same time? Pisses me off to no end.

God Damn man. Feed The System is the cheapest shit. How am I supposed to deal with two Flyers at the same time? Pisses me off to no end.

You build up a couple different abilities and dump them all at once. In battles with healing, I don't rely much on normal attacks. Just build combos and wipe them out.

29 **+ tokens and exactly three useful pulls. The Punisher cover is the last I needed for him. Is he worth leveling? Same question on daredevil, *** storm, invisible woman post patch, hulk, sentry or Loki? I am stingy with ISO. Is nick fury viable at 131? I only have a few covers for him.

I think all five Ultron Prime tokens have given me S.

Oh well. Nothin but Wanda from here on out.

Remember when we were worried we'd only get 2 Wandas? Lol. 3 days to go. We got this like Vision's got hard drives.

Dalek

Drone fights. Someone on the official forums basically described my experience to a T.

Jakecin4791 wrote:
Me: 3-match
AI: Swarm to 4-match to three, 3-matches
Me: 3-match special tiles in a color that doesn't do much for me
AI: Swarm to 4-match to cascade to 5 match, to 4-match
Me: 3-match special tiles... and go make a cocktail while the AI takes the next minute to chain moves
AI: Swarm to a gajillion strike, protect, attack tiles and crit tiles up the wazoo

Oh look... my 11K+ LCap now has 2K health 6 moves in.

Anyways, I'm sure you get the idea. I'm clearly bad at this game.

I like this event as much for the camaraderie it's evoked as for the fun of playing it.

Yeah, this has been a blast.

Just recently passed the 500k mark for overall points, snagged a black Quicksilver cover for my trouble. Next up is 750k for another QS cover.

And now I've run myself out of fights for now. Make me proud for when I wake up, team <3

29 **+ tokens and exactly three useful pulls. The Punisher cover is the last I needed for him. Is he worth leveling? Same question on daredevil, *** storm, invisible woman post patch, hulk, sentry or Loki? I am stingy with ISO. Is nick fury viable at 131? I only have a few covers for him.

How is having 300000 ISO helping you? Why not level some characters? I really don't get it.

zulux21

How is having 300000 ISO helping you? Why not level some characters? I really don't get it.

what good does leveling characters you won't use do for you?
I often just stock up on iso until I get covers for characters I actually want to use.

anyways, I am glad you guys are putting so much effort it :p
I will put in some tonight and then tomorrow night. but alas I can't dedicate a ton of time due to doing things with my wife.

also don't burn yourselves out, if I recall right as soon as this event is over... IT WILL START AGAIN... just with wanda being a required character instead of quicksilver for the nodes, and with 4 star iron man as the rewards at the end.

what good does leveling characters you won't use do for you?
I often just stock up on iso until I get covers for characters I actually want to use.

anyways, I am glad you guys are putting so much effort it :p
I will put in some tonight and then tomorrow night. but alas I can't dedicate a ton of time due to doing things with my wife.

also don't burn yourselves out, if I recall right as soon as this event is over... IT WILL START AGAIN... just with wanda being a required character instead of quicksilver for the nodes, and with 4 star iron man as the rewards at the end.

So NONE of the characters he could put ISO into would be unusable? I don't believe it.

I guess this gets back to the biggest question - if you're not trying out new characters and expanding your roster, what's the point of playing? I enjoy throwing some of my scrubs into the mix every once in a while to see how they perform. Some of the cooler moments are when the game forces me to use a character that I normally don't and it works out well.

Excited to spend ANOTHER 1300 HP to open up slots for Witch and Hulkbuster...

zulux21

So NONE of the characters he could put ISO into would be unusable? I don't believe it.

I guess this gets back to the biggest question - if you're not trying out new characters and expanding your roster, what's the point of playing? I enjoy throwing some of my scrubs into the mix every once in a while to see how they perform. Some of the cooler moments are when the game forces me to use a character that I normally don't and it works out well.

Excited to spend ANOTHER 1300 HP to open up slots for Witch and Hulkbuster...

maybe it would help a little, but it likely will help a lot more if a good character comes out and you can use all of your iso to quickly level it to competitive levels.

as for throwing some scrubs to see how they perform... well when they are boosted that is a great chance to try them out without having spent iso into them. I mean if you enjoy leveling all of your characters, that is great, the point of this game is to have fun as long as you are doing that you are playing correctly, but there is definitely reason to just stockpile iso for when you want to power level characters. I mean even outside of new characters, you could just wait until they run an event with limited characters again and then level up the required heroes. (this is when most of my random characters get levels)

zulux21

I suppose. 300k just seems excessive!

I had 100k and I was itching to use it. Now down to 30 after leveling some dudes.

i think I only have like 50k right now as the deadpool daily gave me another iron fist cover so I burned some iso on him.

in other news I think I finally found the team (at least for me) with ultron.

patch, thor, 3 star widow.

throw up patch's green move ASAP while matching ultron's stuff, and then use thor to do damage with red/yellow as well as add yellow and green tiles to the board to help control the bombs and then use widow's purple to add more green to fuel patch as well as make 4 matches to kill bombs. with that much green generation his face just melts off lol.

I'm still sticking with patch/thor/daken for prime though as prime has less life so daken's strike tiles help quite a bit in the process to kill prime asap.

Man that Daredevil and Spidey combo. Sometimes slow going but man they are fun. Forget the Birdie Method. I'm maxing these guys out.

i think I only have like 50k right now as the deadpool daily gave me another iron fist cover so I burned some iso on him.

in other news I think I finally found the team (at least for me) with ultron.

patch, thor, 3 star widow.

throw up patch's green move ASAP while matching ultron's stuff, and then use thor to do damage with red/yellow as well as add yellow and green tiles to the board to help control the bombs and then use widow's purple to add more green to fuel patch as well as make 4 matches to kill bombs. with that much green generation his face just melts off lol.

I'm still sticking with patch/thor/daken for prime though as prime has less life so daken's strike tiles help quite a bit in the process to kill prime asap.

Spidey and DD are good for satellite fights. DD can clear out their special tiles and do damage while he does it and Spidey drops those key shields.

It might take a while, but if you're in a tough spot, give it a shot!

I don't use Laken at all and never had Daken - how does he help those two in your combo?

I used Patch to take down the latest Prime, but it was down to the wire. Patch plus OBW is pretty great, though, as long as she can stay alive. That double damage is awesome.

I suppose. 300k just seems excessive!

maybe it would help a little, but it likely will help a lot more if a good character comes out and you can use all of your iso to quickly level it to competitive levels.

Zulux hit the nail on the head. I only really want to level a character if I know I'll use them and already have all (or most) of their covers. I never used *** Thor until I had 13 covers, then maxed him and he's a mainstay for me these days. I may spend some HP to finish off my GSBW & BP covers. If I go that route then I'll dump ISO into them.

And really, you get at least 3700 every day from the Deadpool event and that adds up quickly! ....right?

Blah, wanted to get up early to give Ultron another go-round, but definitely didn't. Busy all day, so I won't be able to contribute until later on tonight. Sorry folks!

Dalek

I'll do what I can today-also out with my wife. Are we going to be able to do this with the time limit guys? The rounds just keep getting tougher.

zulux21

I don't use Laken at all and never had Daken - how does he help those two in your combo?

I used Patch to take down the latest Prime, but it was down to the wire. Patch plus OBW is pretty great, though, as long as she can stay alive. That double damage is awesome.

daken helps in a very simple way. as I build green he puts strike tiles down. each time green is matched my characters start doing 100 more damage per match. it adds up quickly. Beyond that he is a sponge like patch to just take damage and continue taking damage.

Triz

So I got a bit drunk last night and pulled the trigger on the $100 42 pack of Ultron tokens. Ended up with about 15 3 or 4 star covers out of it. Only did it cause Scarlet Witch was at a 7% drop rate. Managed 4 covers and all colors for her. Also pulled 3 invisible women out of the batch. Can't believe I spent that kind of money on a F2P game lol.

Dispatch

With work tomorrow, it will be tough to contribute as much. As a teacher, Sunday is basically another day of work for me, anyway.

I also think it will be tough to get all three Scarlet Witch covers. The fights just keep getting tougher and tougher.

zulux21

Yikes

Well

I took another crack at the 50 coin thing

Three pulls, three 3star characters. Pretty cool.

im trying every day, so far I am 1 for 4 with the 1 being a doup hulk cover.

I have been doing a little better with the tokens from the event though as I have a wanda and cyclops to show from those.

Well, that's me out for another eight hours again.

Out of the ~20 reward packs I've had during this event, I've gotten all **Mags, **Torch, **Daken and **Ms. Marvel, except for a Scarlet Witch, a Punisher and an X-Force.

Top Bottom