• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Bought the 50 HP token, shows a gold! Hype intensifying...

3500 ISO. :(

Not that it's a bad thing, but it's like the least interesting gold you can get.

C'mon y'all, we can do this!

EDIT: Also, next reward is a Quicksilver, so I should be able to add two more wins to each 8-hour round going forward.

zulux21

Bought the 50 HP token, shows a gold! Hype intensifying...

3500 ISO. :(

Not that it's a bad thing, but it's like the least interesting gold you can get.

C'mon y'all, we can do this!

EDIT: Also, next reward is a Quicksilver, so I should be able to add two more wins to each 8-hour round going forward.

i'd still take it over moonstone any day though she isn't a gold token :p

also i think we are just one more kill away from the next round.

chC3MtO.png

new wave is up.
also it appears after we kill this wave and the next there won't be an ultron battle to get lots of points from anymore, so make sure you get your rewards quickly if you want them (aka if you care about quicksilver) I don't care about him so it won't be a big deal if I don't get him.

zulux21

Ok got Wanda. Let's go guys! We can get the other two.

im not to worried about it, we should be able to beat this wave before the day is up, and beat the next wave tomorrow.

I mean some alliances are already done with it so the last wave can't be too much harder.

Spoit

Yeah, you guys should stop at 1 million so the other people in your alliance can still get their progressions. (though techically there's only enough points for 18 people to get them, so realistically only like a dozen max).

Note you can still farm the outside nodes as long (as the alliance doesn't kill him, after wave 8 he's dead) by retreating/sending in a tank team to do 0 damage to him

i'd still take it over moonstone any day though she isn't a gold token :p

also i think we are just one more kill away from the next round.

new wave is up.
also it appears after we kill this wave and the next there won't be an ultron battle to get lots of points from anymore, so make sure you get your rewards quickly if you want them (aka if you care about quicksilver) I don't care about him so it won't be a big deal if I don't get him.

What do you mean by this? Just that it is the end of the phases?

EDIT: Hellooooo Quicksilver!

2nd EDIT: Helloooooo 2* Human Torch -_-

zulux21

What do you mean by this? Just that it is the end of the phases?

EDIT: Hellooooo Quicksilver!

2nd EDIT: Helloooooo 2* Human Torch -_-

it was clarified by Spoit already, but yeah after we finish round 8 he is dead, and thus you can't get anymore points towards progressions. I don't think it's going to be a huge issue this time since it's quicksilver and he isn't very good so missing him won't be a big deal. but Wanda is supposed to be the progression reward next time which is more of an issue because she might actually be useful in practice.

it was clarified by Spoit already, but yeah after we finish round 8 he is dead, and thus you can't get anymore points towards progressions. I don't think it's going to be a huge issue this time since it's quicksilver and he isn't very good so missing him won't be a big deal. but Wanda is supposed to be the progression reward next time which is more of an issue because she might actually be useful in practice.

Okay, cool. I need to let my powerhouses heal up for a bit before taking on Ultron any more. They are getting wrecked. I need more top-tier characters in my roster.

zulux21

Okay, cool. I need to let my powerhouses heal up for a bit before taking on Ultron any more. They are getting wrecked. I need more top-tier characters in my roster.

yeah my main team is starting to hurt a bit.
one of the main reasons patch is my main though is because he is great at taking abuse.

but yeah I need to go to bed soon anyways so I will just play with him again when I wake up.

Holy Shit, I just got two Heroic Tokens from the end of season rewards, and the pulls were a Star-Lord and a Goddess of Thunder!

There goes my luck for the next few months.

Geez, no kidding.

Woke up, did a few rounds, reclaimed my overall #1 throne, pulled a bunch of garbage from end of season tokens.

But Quicksilver is 1/3/0 and Scarlet Witch is 1/1/0, so it's progress.

Dalek

End of year season tokens gave me nothing but Moonstone and OBW Tokens. I don't get it, man. Nothing from the Ultron tokens either. Am I doing something wrong? How can other people have this tremendous luck and I just consistently pull shit?

komarkaze

I got my first Scarlet Witch from the Round 6 reward. Question is I recently opened a slot for Ragnorak two days ago (and managed to get 3 covers already). Should I dump him for Scarlet or open my 50th slot for her?

End of year season tokens gave me nothing but Moonstone and OBW Tokens. I don't get it, man. Nothing from the Ultron tokens either. Am I doing something wrong? How can other people have this tremendous luck and I just consistently pull shit?

Maybe we're in the same time zone and the game is biased against us.

Dalek

I got my first Scarlet Witch from the Round 6 reward. Question is I recently opened a slot for Ragnorak two days ago (and managed to get 3 covers already). Should I dump him for Scarlet or open my 50th slot for her?

I'm of the mindset to never sell a 3 star. Just spend the money for the slot.

Otherwise, scarlet Witch is going to be needed in the next event.

I spent the $5 for a new slot. That's like 4 slots in the last few days, but this is the first real money I've spent since Deadpool Dailies started.

I put in some work today on Ultron. Come at me at #1, GAF-vengers!

No doubt I'll be #10 when I wake up. Close to my 2nd SW, the third is going to be a stretch.

Dalek

i barely got past that lvl350 Ultron. I don't see how I'll be able to keep up past this round.

I basically just send in my two highest HP guys and Groot. I've been lucky with him wiping out tiles and then healing. Also, I just boost as much as I can for those. Best you can do-it's really very luck based.

Dalek

By the way-I've found that the best 2 people to bring along for the drone fights are spider-man and Grey Suit Black Widow. It's been a breeze for me since. Make the purple matches with spider for shields-that feeds BW's Purple ability.

By the way-I've found that the best 2 people to bring along for the drone fights are spider-man and Grey Suit Black Widow. It's been a breeze for me since. Make the purple matches with spider for shields-that feeds BW's Purple ability.

BW over DD? Daredevil let's you negate enemy tiles and do damage with it. Does BW's purple ability allow you to overwrite enemy tiles?

NineH

i see someone left the alliance but I haven't a clue who.

I seem to have been kicked out of the alliance, I'm MPQ Scruffy there. I'll reapply so I hope to be let back in :)

edit- I think there is a cooldown period before you can reapply to an alliance since it won't let me join right now.

edit 2 - nope, there seems to be a problem with my account. Looks like d3 needs to be contacted.

Triz

I've killed Ultron a couple times but he's a lot tougher. I've been using hulk punisher and captain America 3 star. Caps red hits him for over 5k with punishers strike tiles out and in 3 turns gives me the red back to hit him again.

Yeah, my health packs are out and my good guys are depleted right now. Not beating Ultron the last two attempts, but I did enough to get him down to about 1000 health, so I still get most of the points.

Also managed another purple Scarlet Witch from an event token.

Dalek

My big takeaway from your post is that whatever you're playing on (PC?) gives you WAY more information on a single screen than the iPhone interface.

I wish they would use that interface for the iPad version. The iPad version is literally the iphone version just scaled up. Either that or release a Mac version. :(

Beat him pretty easily with X-Force, Lazy Thor and Doom. Also passed the million point mark for the event.

I'm still #1 in this round! Haha.

Just beat him 4 more times this morning. I think that it isn't giving me my points all the time, though. Sometimes it says zero at the end of a round. Maybe because my mobile internet has cut out?

Still pretty far from a million points though.

My go-to Ultron killer team is LCap, LThor and Hulk. Hulk takes the bombs and makes a ton of green, feeding LThor's Call the Storm. Plus Cap's red, takes him out pretty quickly.

I'm still #1 in this round! Haha.

Just beat him 4 more times this morning. I think that it isn't giving me my points all the time, though. Sometimes it says zero at the end of a round. Maybe because my mobile internet has cut out?

Still pretty far from a million points though.

My go-to Ultron killer team is LCap, LThor and Hulk. Hulk takes the bombs and makes a ton of green, feeding LThor's Call the Storm. Plus Cap's red, takes him out pretty quickly.

You'll probably beat me for the round, haha, and that's all good.

That team is pretty solid, too. I just used the team I did there because everyone else was dead or not good enough to run with Ultron.

Now just waiting for the refresh, or something to let me play again.

Dalek

Just barely took out Ultron just now. We're chipping away at him.
Holy crap! My luck finally hits. I had my daughter click the "open token" button because I always seem to have better luck when I open them when she's watching. What do I get out of the Ultron token? My first Professor X!

Now the only character I'm missing is Star Lord.

Top Bottom