• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Wow, sorry to hear about the issues. I got my third QS this morning, but I think I'll stop playing Ultron now, since it doesn't look possible. I will start earlier on HulkTron tourney, though. Want those covers.

Well I got my account back and the reason was I had too much ISO. I have 2 million saved and they told me that I need to spend some of it so I wont be sandboxed again. I already reapplied to gafvengers as MPQ Scruffy so I hope you guys add me back soon.

Ho. Ly. Shit.

ZackiChan! This fool's got too much ISO ;)

You'll be happy to know I dropped 60k on BP to bring him up to 166 so I'm back below the 300k mark.

NineH....Two million....goddamn.

Man, I have 20k currently. I can't even imagine!

thats sort of why i thought it was kind of fucked up that they cared. there's a patch right around the corner that would save you iso... not that you really needed it lol

I thought this came in the April 17 patch, or near then. Huh.

zulux21

ideally they will give out some tokens for the servers at the end
also
Changes Coming For 4/30/15
Postby Demiurge_Miles » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:22 am

Hey All,

Miles from Demiurge here to announce some upcoming changes for the next Season. Not all of these changes are in Versus Events, but will start on Thursday 4/30 concurrently with Season XIV.

Higher Chances of 3-stars in Packs
The percentage of 3-Star covers in Heroic and event packs is increasing! The percentage of the 1x Heroic pack that is 3-Star covers goes from about 23% to about 28% of the pack.

Deadpool Daily Quest and Standard (500 Iso-8) packs aren’t affected by this change.

All 3-Stars Return to Packs
Now that we’ve got room for them, as of 4/30, all 3-Star characters will be returning to heroic and event packs.

The increased proportion of new character releases that are 4-stars, a number of increases to the rate at which 3-stars are earned, and the increased availability of Hero Points mean that we can dispense with character rotation.

Weekly Buffed Characters
We’re bringing back our weekly buffed groups for Season XIV! Every week, a group of characters will be Powered-Up across all Story and Versus events.

This group of Powered-Up characters will include:
2 x 4-Star characters who will scale up to a level range of 75 to 350
5 x 3-Star characters who will scale up to a level range of 45 to 240
2 x 2-Star characters who will scale up to a level range of 20 to 150
2 x 1-Star characters who will scale up to a level range of 5 to 85

These characters will be Powered-Up in all of the week’s events.

We’ve reduced the size of the buffs from the last time we did a week-long buff, during Season XII, based on your feedback. We also did some work in the R74 update that allows us to display the buffs in event rules a little more clearly.

New Story Event Schedule
Starting on 4/30 all of our Story events will last either 3, 4, or 7 days and will fit into a week-long cycle.

We’ve removed the downtime between Story events - each one now is immediately followed by the next.

We’ve made some updates to the events themselves too, streamlining them. We’ve standardized sub-event lengths to be 24 or 48 hours, combined sub-events in places where two were running concurrently, and standardized rewards across sub-events.

Tweaks to ending times
Based on player feedback, we’ve also adjusted the available end-times for events. These will also begin on Thursday 4/30 with the start of Season XIV.

In Eastern time:
Old Versus: 10a / 4p / 7p / 1a / 4a (or 10p / 4a / 7a / 1p / 4p)
New Versus: 8a / 1p / 6p / 12 midnight / 3a

Old Story: 9a / 3p / 6p / 12 midnight / 3a
New Story: 7a / 12 noon / 5p / 11p / 2a

DNF

hi, are there any spots open, before the next ultron event starts ?

casual player
53 rooster slots
trying to cap everyone at level 94 - 96

NineH

i think it did it again... i dont see you in the alliance

Jesus Christ. I guess I have to spend both ISO and Hero Points. Ugh l'll contact them again but what a hassle.

Well I just spent 800,000 ISO and 7000 Hero Points. That better be enough for their system to stop flagging me. I really wanted to save that ISO for the next patch.

zulux21

and with my 4th ultron token
GtvqnjJ.png
they are being great for me today.

my IF now

gonna go so well with my black panther.

Jesus Christ. I guess I have to spend both ISO and Hero Points. Ugh l'll contact them again but what a hassle.

Well I just spent 800,000 ISO and 7000 Hero Points. That better be enough for their system to stop flagging me. I really wanted to save that ISO for the next patch.

Details. Who did you level up? Did you spend the points on covers?

You guys are right with your BP love. Having him at 166 with 5 blacks is devastating. Thinking about buying a GSBW green to get her to 166 with 5. I know she doesn't have a lot of fans but I love her purple.

Dalek

You guys are right with your BP love. Having him at 166 with 5 blacks is devastating. Thinking about buying a GSBW green to get her to 166 with 5. I know she doesn't have a lot of fans but I love her purple.

This event has shown me how powerful she can be. I need 5 Greens for that too!

NineH

I maxed Blade, LCap, Captain Marvel, Cyclops, Daredevil, Deadpool, Human Torch and Luke Cage.

As for the HP, I just spent it on more roster slots since I don't want to buy covers. I'm now set on roster space for a while but in the meantime, I filled them with Black Widows with 5 blue on Widow's Sting. This way, when I get back in the alliance, everyone can hit me up for team ups since I have Widow's Stings for everyone!

I maxed Blade, LCap, Captain Marvel, Cyclops, Daredevil, Deadpool, Human Torch and Luke Cage.

As for the HP, I just spent it on more roster slots since I don't want to buy covers. I'm now set on roster space for a while but in the meantime, I filled them with Black Widows with 5 blue on Widow's Sting. This way, when I get back in the alliance, everyone can hit me up for team ups since I have Widow's Stings for everyone!

And you still have over a million ISO. I'm still in disbelief.

NineH

And you still have over a million ISO. I'm still in disbelief.

I'm actually at around 800k right now but no way in hell I'm putting ISO in dreck like beast and doc ock. I also don't want to raise the 4 stars since I want to avoid the scaling nightmare in pve so hopefully this is enough to get me out of their sandboxing crosshairs.

zulux21

I'm actually at around 800k right now but no way in hell I'm putting ISO in dreck like beast and doc ock. I also don't want to raise the 4 stars since I want to avoid the scaling nightmare in pve so hopefully this is enough to get me out of their sandboxing crosshairs.

I'd complain a lot this time, I mean not only is this effecting you, but your actions in the ultron event haven't been counting for us. hopefully you didn't start the ultron event while sandboxed or if you did the people can move you into our bracket.

NineH

I'd complain a lot this time, I mean not only is this effecting you, but your actions in the ultron event haven't been counting for us. hopefully you didn't start the ultron event while sandboxed or if you did the people can move you into our bracket.
I haven't started the Ultron event yet because I'm afraid it would complicate things. Hopefully they fix it in the morning so I'll grind it immediately. Also I'm missing out on the Ultron tokens which have a great payout rate.

zulux21

I haven't started the Ultron event yet because I'm afraid it would complicate things. Hopefully they fix it in the morning so I'll grind it immediately. Also I'm missing out on the Ultron tokens which have a great payout rate.

yeah the whole thing is dumb., but at the same time I can't blame them to much for having an auto sandbox at 2 million iso or so as that takes forever to get, but the first time this happened you should have gotten an exception written in. I mean hell... if someone got to 2 million iso legitimately screw it, they deserve to do whatever they want in the game.

Dalek

I swear my daughter has Good Luck powers. Anytime I have her open the tokens she gets a Gold. The other night she got a Prodessor X for me. Tonight I had two Ultron tokens and back to back she pulled a grey suit black widow and then 3 star human torch.

Did a whole bunch there, need to recharge the health packs and characters for an hour or two.

Sadly no Hulkbuster yet, though I did get a Star-Lord from an event token.

zulux21

Yeah I can't remember the last time I pulled something actually useful from the packs

at this point, how many 3 stars do you have left that aren't covered the way you want them?
last time I checked you regularly finished in the top 10 of any given event :p

zulux21

Is it true they once guaranteed at least one 3 star cover in the 10 packs?

yup.
also with the lightning rounds they used to have special 3 star tokens that would give you either one of the 3 star villians or one of the 3 star heroes depending on which version of lightning rounds was going on.

anyways for the first time I am tapped out for 8 hours or until the next round starts.

mreddie

Ultron is dirty, just dirty. Even worse than Ares. Luckily Hulk saves the day but the powered up players are all wasted.

Also Tokens = Jack shit.

zulux21

Ultron is dirty, just dirty. Even worse than Ares. Luckily Hulk saves the day but the powered up players are all wasted.

Also Tokens = Jack shit.

I'm making great use of powered up thor and powered up 3 star widow. just focusing on purple and yellow and then when his bombs get close to the bottom use thor's yellow and then use 3 star widow's purple to tactically make 4 green matches to kill most or all of the bombs.

though I am suplimenting this with patch's green to make the bosses life just vanish thus I am not sure how long term thor and widow will work, but they work through one wave of the bombs going from top to bottom pretty regularly.

I also know not everyone has a max level patch with 5 green covers, and a widow with 5 purple covers. (though most people should have a thor with 5 yellow covers as I have been using the 2 star version as I am still missing a single yellow cover on my 3 star version for it to be ready to level up and replace the 2)

Top Bottom