• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

We're not gonna get Hulkbuster are we?

:(

we will for sure get at least one cover for him, likely 2. we likely won't get all 3. it doesn't matter to me though as I likely won't ever put any iso into him anyways.

Yeah no kidding. I usually run OBW, 2 star storm and Steve Rogers. Any alternatives?

my answer for any sort of wave is always gonna be Patch (5 green preferable)+ loki (at least a high enough black to change all of patch's tiles to protect) as you just collect 9 green, and 11 black and you are golden.

Man, lost my Torch in a drone fight. Just Quicksilver and Spiderman to whittle down these things. Rough, man.

Blue Spidey stuns and saving up Quicksilver's powers helped. Victory!

Yeah, I'll be pretty MIA most of this weekend, too. I'll get in a bunch in the morning tomorrow, and maybe a bit in the afternoon Sunday before I get home, and really do a bunch before midnight Sunday night. I'll do what I can.

Also, this happened last night:
CD4oLhZUIAA8ws7.png

zulux21

Yeah, I'll be pretty MIA most of this weekend, too. I'll get in a bunch in the morning tomorrow, and maybe a bit in the afternoon Sunday before I get home, and really do a bunch before midnight Sunday night. I'll do what I can.

Also, this happened last night:
CD4oLhZUIAA8ws7.png

weakling

given I played for around an hour today and yesterday it also most likely happened for me yesterday as well lol.

NineH

Guys, I have to travel this weekend for my Grandmother's funeral, so I may not be able to contribute much.

My condolences, Dispatch. I was also unable to play last weekend as I also had to fly out of state for my Uncle's funeral as well.

I am ashamed to admit that I snuck in a few games during less hectic times that last weekend but I'm sure my Uncle wouldn't mind as he was a happy go lucky guy. Still felt a bit guilty though.

Dispatch, I hope you find strength during this sad moment in your life.

Condolences to both of you. I think the dearly departed would appreciate us working together to take down a rogue AI bent on world destruction. I know my grandparents would have!

Dispatch

Condolences to both of you. I think the dearly departed would appreciate us working together to take down a rogue AI bent on world destruction. I know my grandparents would have!

She would have. As a kid, she would let us use her mini-arcade Pacman game, and she had an SNES hooked up in her guest room.

shaowebb

Played some Ultron. Today I've gotten from covers

• Starlord
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Lazy Daken
  • The Hood
  • Lazy Cap
  • Rocket and Groot (Deadpool reward)
  • Lazy Thor
  • Luke Cage

Plus I've had a ton of ISO. I got home about 2.5 hours ago and wasn't gonna keep playing but I just kept hitting good stuff I needed covers for.

Played some Ultron. Today I've gotten from covers

• Starlord
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Lazy Daken
  • The Hood
  • Lazy Cap
  • Rocket and Groot (Deadpool reward)
  • Lazy Thor
  • Luke Cage

Plus I've had a ton of ISO. I got home about 2.5 hours ago and wasn't gonna keep playing but I just kept hitting good stuff I needed covers for.
Geez, that's some luck. I keep getting two-star Torches.

zulux21

so I take back what I said about us getting two covers, we likely will only get one. I did not take into account that they would increase ultron's health by more than 50% and not increase the damage you can do per round.

shaowebb

Time for work. Did all I could If you can get the rest of Ultron's health down then we can finally go and get some Hulkbusters out of the Ultron Prime event. Good luck guys.

so I take back what I said about us getting two covers, we likely will only get one. I did not take into account that they would increase ultron's health by more than 50% and not increase the damage you can do per round.

Yeah. Still, a four star ain't nothin to sneeze at.

Dalek

I'm hating this Ultron event more and more every time. The drone missions are so time consuming and then Ultron himself is just luck of the draw-I've gotten bad boards all day long. Sucks.

zulux21

Yeah. Still, a four star ain't nothin to sneeze at.
to me it's something completely to sneeze at, they are in general bagman useful to me.

they aren't that much more powerful than 3 stars but cost a lot more resources to level them up. beyond that if they are a lot more powerful than the 3 stars they just get a heavy nerf after people have invested in them to make them weaker than the 3 stars again.

I have yet to see any reason to invest in a 4 star as I can handle almost everything just fine with my 3 star teams, and don't have to grind to death to try to get the 4 star covers (or spend lots of money)

that being said I will be happy with 1 hulkbuster cover as he will no doubt be required in the next event and thus I will have a roster spot for him for the day they somehow actually make 4 stars relevant to my interests.

Triz

Zulux with the truth bomb. I can max invisible woman but never will dump ISO into her. Wolverine was great then they nerfed him. So happy I didn't have covers to level him past 150. I just got the max reward scarlet cover in ultron points. 3/3/3 build now. Now to get my one hulkbuster.

to me it's something completely to sneeze at, they are in general bagman useful to me.

they aren't that much more powerful than 3 stars but cost a lot more resources to level them up. beyond that if they are a lot more powerful than the 3 stars they just get a heavy nerf after people have invested in them to make them weaker than the 3 stars again.

I have yet to see any reason to invest in a 4 star as I can handle almost everything just fine with my 3 star teams, and don't have to grind to death to try to get the 4 star covers (or spend lots of money)

that being said I will be happy with 1 hulkbuster cover as he will no doubt be required in the next event and thus I will have a roster spot for him for the day they somehow actually make 4 stars relevant to my interests.

Well, yeah, I meant more for collecting' sake. I never use my 4 stars.

shaowebb

Played some this morning, but i gotta pass out. Had'nt slept much and just pulled an all nighter at the plant. Goord luck on the Hulk busters.

NineH

Got lucky and pulled a Hulkbuster from the Ultron tokens. I'm sure it'll take over a year to even max cover him. Oh well.

Also, the Black Panther PvP is brutal. So many max level guys out there.

NineH

Not for me. The Black Panther and Combined Arms PVPs have been the easiest I've ever been in.

That means their matchmaking must be all over the place then as it seems to differ from player to player. Also, thanks to the other buffed characters, I've used up my health packs faster than normal. I mean, buffed doctor doom to add more black on the board? Kamala Khan and her AOE attack along with rage of the panther? Its a total health pack sink and d3 knows it.

I just downloaded this game a couple days ago as something to do during downtime at work, and wow it's pretty addicting. Any tips for newbies though? I guess I kinda suck at this game, I wasn't able to beat the final Juggernaut match until I landed a level 40 Scarlet Witch from the Ultron hero recruiter thing. Also, what should I be buying with my gold token? More slots or more heroes?

And what am I supposed to do when my team gets wiped and I don't have anymore heals? Literally just wait an hour until everyone is healed up?

That means their matchmaking must be all over the place then as it seems to differ from player to player. Also, thanks to the other buffed characters, I've used up my health packs faster than normal. I mean, buffed doctor doom to add more black on the board? Kamala Khan and her AOE attack along with rage of the panther? Its a total health pack sink and d3 knows it.

For the Combined Arms PVP, I got nothing but seed teams for almost the entire event, so the matchmaking must be acting really weird lately.

NineH

For the Combined Arms PVP, I got nothing but seed teams for almost the entire event, so the matchmaking must be acting really weird lately.

Dang, I should have played that event for some easy-ish matches. I skipped it since I was grinding the ultron event and was burning out a bit.

I just downloaded this game a couple days ago as something to do during downtime at work, and wow it's pretty addicting. Any tips for newbies though? I guess I kinda suck at this game, I wasn't able to beat the final Juggernaut match until I landed a level 40 Scarlet Witch from the Ultron hero recruiter thing. Also, what should I be buying with my gold token? More slots or more heroes?

And what am I supposed to do when my team gets wiped and I don't have anymore heals? Literally just wait an hour until everyone is healed up?
Use the hero points only for roster slots. Play the entire dark reign stories first. You'll get lots of tokens, covers, and HP.

Yes, you wait to heal if you have no other heroes.

shaowebb

Got my Hulkbuster. Since I got Skarlet Witch the other day I'm gonna call it a day and head to work. (Stupid 12 hour 6-6 night shifts...)

Seriously. The expected value of a 10 pack is like, under half of a cover.

Don't buy tokens.

Ever.
Yeah, yeah. I do like a good gamble now and again, but I've learned my lesson now. Just those 50 HP tokens were nice.

Also for the event I worked it out so my 8-hour refresh should be done with an hour to spare, and I need to complete about two nodes to get my million points.

zulux21

today's fast facts about the future of mpq

moonstone... will soon be worth more.
Moonstone tricks her opponent, giving her an opportunity to take advantage of their position. She steals up to ??? enemy Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.

also bullseye is likely getting a reward, and will have a 3 star lazy version released at the same time.

vision is likely the next character to be released

then a 2 star version of cyclops
then another daredevil character

Top Bottom