• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

LThor 5-cover yellow + Hulk 5-cover black = raining Greens = Calling the Storm on Ultron's head

So much fun.

GSBW purple ain't so bad either, though I usually use my Max LCap to get those reds if need be.

zulux21

nodes for ultron are live for me again. though it's nearly 4 am now so I am just gonna do one and kill ultron to get in first for a bit then go to bed :p

edit: curse you zackie I was supposed to be first :p (aka nice job keeping up the murder ^-^)

nodes for ultron are live for me again. though it's nearly 4 am now so I am just gonna do one and kill ultron to get in first for a bit then go to bed :p

edit: curse you zackie I was supposed to be first :p (aka nice job keeping up the murder ^-^)

No doubt you'll be beating me soon. I have actual work to do tonight...

LThor 5-cover yellow + Hulk 5-cover black = raining Greens = Calling the Storm on Ultron's head

So much fun.

GSBW purple ain't so bad either, though I usually use my Max LCap to get those reds if need be.

Thor and Hulk are my Go To Gruesome Twosome. So much green, so much health. All love.

komarkaze

My Thor is more highly ranked than my Hulk so it becomes difficult to trigger his Black power. With all those greens causing cascades everywhere, doesn't that make it more likely for bombs to fall to the bottom?

I've been using my maxed out Cap, maxed Thor and 140 Blade. It's been serving me pretty well, and most of the time I don't get hurt.

My Thor is more highly ranked than my Hulk so it becomes difficult to trigger his Black power. With all those greens causing cascades everywhere, doesn't that make it more likely for bombs to fall to the bottom?

I've been using my maxed out Cap, maxed Thor and 140 Blade. It's been serving me pretty well, and most of the time I don't get hurt.
That can definitely happen, yeah. Gotta be careful on the Hulk claps, too.

zulux21

heh I totally missed that the special node (SW in this case) have better rewards than the other nodes to revive ultron to face again last time this event was run)

Hmm. My Hulk is much lower than my LThor, but still matches all the greens. Get that Hulk leveled a bit.

You guys think we have a chance to go all the way? 3am here, but I'm going to finish the last two rounds before sleeping.

Also, I'm enjoying the game more than I did the movie...

zulux21

Hmm. My Hulk is much lower than my LThor, but still matches all the greens. Get that Hulk leveled a bit.

You guys think we have a chance to go all the way? 3am here, but I'm going to finish the last two rounds before sleeping.

Also, I'm enjoying the game more than I did the movie...

we seem to be pacing around the same rate as last time so I imagine we will not get the third hulkbuster cover.

zulux21

I can live with that. We have less people playing, though, it seems.

i've put in a bit more, but my production is going to drop like a rock soon as I had today and yesterday off, but starting tomorrow I am gonna be working for a while and the free time I have will be with my wife (I will make sure to at least get a hit on ultron every 8ish hours though)

Spoit

Yeah hulk is primary green vs LT being tertiary green, so you have to have pretty large level gap for him to not tank it. LT is primary red vs hulk's seconday though, so he's probably not tanking that

Dalek

Crazy day today-I got that Storm from DDQ which makes mine fully covered, then I pull a Magneto from a Heroic Token that fully covers him too. This makes 3 fully covered 3 Star characters I have, including Iron Man. None of them are near max level though.

zulux21

Crazy day today-I got that Storm from DDQ which makes mine fully covered, then I pull a Magneto from a Heroic Token that fully covers him too. This makes 3 fully covered 3 Star characters I have, including Iron Man. None of them are near max level though.

i've managed to get a lot of covers this past week myself.
I have a few more fully covered characters (though a number of them need more covers to have the proper color spread) almost all of my 3 stars at least have 3 covers now which is nice.

NineH

Alright they finally gave back my MPQ Scruffy account. When you guys let me back in, I need to grind like crazy, I'm behind on Ultron tokens ;)

Spoit

Alright they finally gave back my MPQ Scruffy account. When you guys let me back in, I need to grind like crazy, I'm behind on Ultron tokens ;)

Don't worry, the tokens haven't dropped anything worthwhile yet

EDIT: since there was some confusion earlier, I mean that they've given me like only 1 gold roll out of like 20 something at this point, not that I'm pulling dupes

NineH

Don't worry, the tokens haven't dropped anything worthwhile yet

EDIT: since there was some confusion earlier, I mean that they've given me like only 1 gold roll out of like 20 something at this point, not that I'm pulling dupes

Ha I got a gold!

3500 ISO

Got trolled by the token.

NineH

I'd actually be stoked if I pulled that. So many to level not enough ISO.

Considering I was sandboxed twice in the past 3 days for having too much ISO, I thought it was funny they gave me even more ISO. But normally I suppose it's good for adding a couple levels.

Triz

I should have realized it was you who pulled it my bad lol.

Damn game teases me with a 4 star token from ultron, turns into a 4 star wolverine.

zulux21

I should have realized it was you who pulled it my bad lol.

Damn game teases me with a 4 star token from ultron, turns into a 4 star wolverine.

one day he will be boosted again. one day he will be useful again...
that day is not today :p

Dalek

This event is really starting to wear on me. The few times I played Ultron Prime today the board just would not give me the colors I needed.

zulux21

Aw man, my Future Fight OT flopped harder than Jupiter Ascending. And FFS, why is Hulk taking forever to revive?

I'd care, but any game with on screen touch analog movement is an no for me. I don't in general enjoy any tablet game where I move characters in general (the exception of movement stuff would be stuff like puzzle and dragons, and terra battle which basically works like puzzle and dragons but with characters), having a set spot where I pretend I have a dpad or analog stick though is a million times worse than tapping the screen for movement and thus I don't even download those anymore.

If it got controller support on the PC I would give it a try though.

This event is really starting to wear on me. The few times I played Ultron Prime today the board just would not give me the colors I needed.

I think once was fine (and running it later would be fine) but it's an event that requires a lot of attention so twice back to back is a bit much.

Yeah no kidding. I usually run OBW, 2 star storm and Steve Rogers. Any alternatives?

I don't think you're on a full *** roster yet, right? I've gone back to **s to do the Ultron missions but not the DD.

Pre X-Force nerf, I used X-Force, GSBW & IM40 for all DDs. IM40 gets a ton of grief but I could usually escape rounds 2 & 4 with no damage just by farming blue to prepare.

Since I finally got BP up to 5 blacks, I've been finding IM40 less valuable - BP's black does 3700 damage to the entire team so he is the heavy hitter. GSBW's purple does a great job of continuing to feed green, and as a third I generally use either IM40/LCap/Thor.

I bet there are a ton of ** teams that could do a good job though. After I started my third attempt today I considered using OBW since she's so valuable during the goon stages.

Yeah just noticed that too.

Same here.

Edit: It's open.

After a couple of tries with different teams, I've been using Falcon, **Wolverine and **Storm, and use the goon rounds to build up AP and strengthen attack and defense tiles. By the final round, I'm doing over 1000 damage per match and taking very little damage on even the most powerful attacks. The other day I managed to beat the mission with less than 2000 damage between the team.

Took me three tries to finish today's DD. hardest one yet imo.

Can't recommend Patch/DD/Spidey enough. Just beat it handily. Slow and steady though, not a flash big damage fest like HulkThor, but you build up so much damage. The best is getting patch green and dd purp in the same move, giving you attack tiles and then the enemy attack tiles are now ammo for dd's move.

Can't recommend Patch/DD/Spidey enough. Just beat it handily. Slow and steady though, not a flash big damage fest like HulkThor, but you build up so much damage. The best is getting patch green and dd purp in the same move, giving you attack tiles and then the enemy attack tiles are now ammo for dd's move.

Is it DD's purple that you're using to convert? I have a 5/3/4 DD that I haven't put any ISO into.

What does Spidey bring to the mix? I have a 4/2/4 that I don't use.

Is it DD's purple that you're using to convert? I have a 5/3/4 DD that I haven't put any ISO into.

What does Spidey bring to the mix? I have a 4/2/4 that I don't use.

Okay, check this out.

While you're building up DD's purple, Spidey's dropping shields, up to four per board. Spidey can also freeze dudes, excellent for delaying a countdown hit for a turn or two, and he also has his yellow heal, which you'll need for poor blind DD who just runs in front of everything going after his precious purples. It's a great team, and adds a bit of a strategic element beyond my usual "Do I have enough greens for Call The Storm? Ok go."

Top Bottom